Link and Ganondorf: BBCC #67

While I haven't really gotten to play the game, I know how the characters look, and I think your rendition of the two is magnificent. I particularly like all the tools you've give Link. Ganondorf does resemble the actual character, but not as amazingly as Link. But all in all, I think I know where my votes are going this time :)

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

These are both great, Link especially. The entire arsenal, the shaping and detailing on the figure... all around fantastic.

Thanks!

When I saw the title, I wasn't expecting something like this. They are both good, but i find Link really well done. The weapons are great and I was really impressed with the shield design.

While I haven't really gotten to play the game, I know how the characters look, and I think your rendition of the two is magnificent. I particularly like all the tools you've give Link. Ganondorf does resemble the actual character, but not as amazingly as Link. But all in all, I think I know where my votes are going this time :)

:tohu:

Thanks, I think the tools are probably my favorite part. They were definitely a blast to build. I don't know if either is strictly more accurate, but Link definitely does seem to represent the personality of the character better. I included a lot of details on Ganondorf, but his dark demeanor didn't translate as well as I envisioned. Any ideas on what details/changes would improve him?

These are both remarkably well done - I honestly wasn't expecting such close replicas coming from Bionicle creations!

[THIS IS POST #1]

"Close replicas" is a bit of a stretch, but thanks!

Wow, those masks really like the way those masks really look like their original features. Very classy and good job with Links shield!

Thanks! I like using masks for character MOCs at this scale. You can do some cool stuff with custom faces, but they always seem a little off if they're not wearing a helmet or goggles or something. Custom heads and masks just look cooler, are a nice tribute to Bionicle, and in this case I think really do match the characters pretty well. Suspension of disbelief and all that.

The shield has been in the works for a long time, and while it's a pretty complex build, it's a whole lot nicer, simpler and less fragile than it used to be. I'm glad you like it!

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I really hope this build and Sora aren't in the same poll, because if they are, I'm going to die over deciding.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Link: now this is an impressive moc; the build is just so incredible, especially the head and torso. The resemblance to the source is so amazing; the weapons are pretty nice and the shield is excellent.

Ganondorf: another great moc featuring some marvelous building techniques; the legs and arms are my favorite on this one.

Really great job, Obsessionist, you made some very nice mocs here. Good luck in the contest. :)

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I love the details on the Hylian Shield! Link is easily recognizable as a character and to have a set of weapons for him really adds to the feel of the game series. A Navi figure would probably help with the overall feel, but it's already pretty great as is.. Edit: hah, I didn't notice Navi the first time I viewed this. Sorry for that.

Ganondorf does look a bit off in terms of his personality coming through as you've mentioned. I think if you gave him a black cape it would help as he did have one in the game if I remember correctly. The one from Vezon and Fenrakk could work if you have it (though it might be a bit small on him)

Edited by Unikitty Tekulo

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

The faces look a tiny bit weird due to the use of Kanohi, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with a better alternative. The characters are instantly recognizable, and you really went the extra mile by building the entire set of items for Link. The Master Sword, the Hylain Shield, the Hookshot... love them all. :D

The collection of items you've built and the sheer obsession (no pun intended haha) with detail just blows my mind. Link is gloriously well done, and I particularly like the detail on the hookshot.

With that said, there's something off about Ganondorf. He's not quite bulky/muscular enough and the level of detail, while good, just doesn't match up to same level as Link.

{Z}

Didn't even notice the voting topic got locked, I was late to the party but at least got my vote that didn't do anything in... Congrats on the well-deserved win :D

Gotta say, I'm disappointed #4 isn't getting more votes. It's a really stellar build, definitely my favorite entry except for a particular one I'm biased towards. I've never played the game #4 is from, but the way the character is recreated is fantastic.

Thanks! I've actually never played the games either! I just liked the character, and thought it would be an extremely challenging build with high reward if I get it right; it certainly was. It was a real pain to get all the detail I wanted into the moc, but I'm happy with what I was able to do.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Link: now this is an impressive moc; the build is just so incredible, especially the head and torso. The resemblance to the source is so amazing; the weapons are pretty nice and the shield is excellent.

Ganondorf: another great moc featuring some marvelous building techniques; the legs and arms are my favorite on this one.

Really great job, Obsessionist, you made some very nice mocs here. Good luck in the contest. :)

I appreciate a little love for Ganondorf. I think the legs are meh, but the upper arms I was pretty proud of, not that you can see any of his construction particularly well in the pictures. And the shoulders/torso gap is weird, but eh.

While I can't judge the game accuracy, I like these Mocs! I applaud the use of color and the unique building techinques, especially the rubber bands used to mimic hair.

Good luck in the contest! :)

I was just glad to see enough pieces available in the right colors. As it is, I find Mata green to be one of the harder colors to build in. I always try to avoid using rubber bands structurally, but I'm glad they don't detract from the MOC for you.

I love the details on the Hylian Shield! Link is easily recognizable as a character and to have a set of weapons for him really adds to the feel of the game series. A Navi figure would probably help with the overall feel, but it's already pretty great as is.. Edit: hah, I didn't notice Navi the first time I viewed this. Sorry for that.

Ganondorf does look a bit off in terms of his personality coming through as you've mentioned. I think if you gave him a black cape it would help as he did have one in the game if I remember correctly. The one from Vezon and Fenrakk could work if you have it (though it might be a bit small on him)

It's worth noting that his official artwork and his in-game appearance are very different personality and proportion wise, which means that choosing how to build him is difficult. Plus his appearance before the final battle and during the final battle are different. I opted for the before-battle version, which lacks a cape.

The faces look a tiny bit weird due to the use of Kanohi, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with a better alternative. The characters are instantly recognizable, and you really went the extra mile by building the entire set of items for Link. The Master Sword, the Hylain Shield, the Hookshot... love them all. :D

I really love Arpy's Bionicle Naria scene, and I always felt that it and other MOCs that used Kanohi for faces looked cool. I guess it's partly the best Bio/technic solution I can come up with, partly a stylistic choice.

The collection of items you've built and the sheer obsession (no pun intended haha) with detail just blows my mind. Link is gloriously well done, and I particularly like the detail on the hookshot.

With that said, there's something off about Ganondorf. He's not quite bulky/muscular enough and the level of detail, while good, just doesn't match up to same level as Link.

Can't have Link without his arsenal! I don't think it's so much that my Link figure has more detail than my Ganondorf figure as that Ganondorf himself has more detail than Link himself, so naturally I captured a smaller fraction of them in my creation. I'll need to so some more experimenting with the King of Evil so see which details and proportions are most necessary to capturing his personality.

Didn't even notice the voting topic got locked, I was late to the party but at least got my vote that didn't do anything in... Congrats on the well-deserved win :D

Gotta say, I'm disappointed #4 isn't getting more votes. It's a really stellar build, definitely my favorite entry except for a particular one I'm biased towards. I've never played the game #4 is from, but the way the character is recreated is fantastic.

Thanks! I've actually never played the games either! I just liked the character, and thought it would be an extremely challenging build with high reward if I get it right; it certainly was. It was a real pain to get all the detail I wanted into the moc, but I'm happy with what I was able to do.

Thanks! It's nice to have a BBCC to my name. Sora is great, it nails some good details is very well-designed. I really appreciated the build because you were building at around the same scale and with around the same aesthetic mentality as me, and doing it really well- scary when we're in the same contest! It's great to capture Link's tunic, but you captured a much more complex outfit just as well.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

They look so greeeaaat :D I love the shield especially, just, wow, that's really creative and it looks accurate. Ganondorf looks pretty bulky and menacing and Link looks pretty inky. I especially love the little details, like Link's ears, and the attention you paid to replicating the clothing in LEGO. They just look like a great pair of MOCs overall :)

Good luck in the contest ^^

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

They look so greeeaaat :D I love the shield especially, just, wow, that's really creative and it looks accurate. Ganondorf looks pretty bulky and menacing and Link looks pretty inky. I especially love the little details, like Link's ears, and the attention you paid to replicating the clothing in LEGO. They just look like a great pair of MOCs overall :)

>Contest is already over

> He won :P

• Upvote 2

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

>Contest is already over

> He won :P

WELL OBVIOUSLY MY WISHING HIM LUCK RETROACTIVELY HELPED

I really should've checked on the contest myself :P It's all the way in it's own subforum, I must've gotten lost on the way, my bad.

Congrats on the contest, then ^^

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't play Zelda, but I know what's a Link! (er, who's the Link.) Really looks like the character, and the shield is very impressive.

Ahh, too much to say; overall every part really looks like him! (well except the mask; Link doesn't have a gold-fish mouth, jk :P)

I don't know anything about the other character, so I'll abstain from saying anything :X

Good job! :)

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

• 2 weeks later...