3D kit question

Tattorack

I have no 3D skills, but I imagine that having pre-made and free-to-use BIONICLE models available would encourage me and others to start learning basic 3D animation. Mapping parts to a basic humanoid 3D skeleton is a lot easier than actually having to shape the model from scratch.

First off, I think this might be the wrong forum for this.

Second off, yes that would be EXTREMELY helpful to many people depending on how good a job you do. Go for it, man! :)

I have no 3D skills, but I imagine that having pre-made and free-to-use BIONICLE models available would encourage me and others to start learning basic 3D animation. Mapping parts to a basic humanoid 3D skeleton is a lot easier than actually having to shape the model from scratch.

Ok, good.

What programs do you use then? I use Blender 3D, but despite the fact it can export almost in any usable format it is of course it would be a lot easier if I post things like rig-templates in its native .blend file type (because I cannot be sure how it works in other programs).

Go for it, man, if not for others, at least do it for yourself. You'll definitely learn something from it, I guarantee it. And it would be super useful to others as well, so that's also a good reason to do it.

Oh, I already know how to model, that is why I'm offering this the first place ^^

Don't go expecting a lot really quickly, moddeling takes time.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I use Blender too (and by use I mean more like fiddle and and tinker like a Rubik's Cube), but I know some people use a program called Maya. I don't know what it's like though. Blender is probably your best bet, though.

Blender is your best bet, and your kit would be really useful. Also you have to buy Maya, and it is really only for animation stuff. I have a copy of it, and I almost never use it.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

I don't think the Fan Created Media rules allow this type of planning topic, but it seems you've got the green light you need, anyway.

My advice is to look through topics and see if anyone is in need of such a kit, and then offer your models once completed in there. You can also post work you have done in Comics as well, which is now home to kits.

So, I would go for it. And with that...

Topic closed.