• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

3D kit question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 331 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 09:11 AM

If I were to make a 3D Bionicle kit containing upper legs lowers legs torso's masks etc how useful woul that be?
Would anyone actually use that in a game or an animation?

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#2 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 697 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 11:13 AM

First off, I think this might be the wrong forum for this.

Second off, yes that would be EXTREMELY helpful to many people depending on how good a job you do. Go for it, man! :)

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#3 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,176 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 12:47 PM

I have no 3D skills, but I imagine that having pre-made and free-to-use BIONICLE models available would encourage me and others to start learning basic 3D animation. Mapping parts to a basic humanoid 3D skeleton is a lot easier than actually having to shape the model from scratch.

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated August 2014:Boss fight with Makuta!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#4 Offline Toa Onaku

Toa Onaku
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 832 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 12:57 PM

Go for it, man, if not for others, at least do it for yourself. You'll definitely learn something from it, I guarantee it. And it would be super useful to others as well, so that's also a good reason to do it.

Character(s) for BZPRPG

Steal the mask 2                      

First unread post             

#5 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 331 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 01:45 PM

First off, I think this might be the wrong forum for this.

Second off, yes that would be EXTREMELY helpful to many people depending on how good a job you do. Go for it, man! :)

I have no 3D skills, but I imagine that having pre-made and free-to-use BIONICLE models available would encourage me and others to start learning basic 3D animation. Mapping parts to a basic humanoid 3D skeleton is a lot easier than actually having to shape the model from scratch.

Ok, good.

What programs do you use then? I use Blender 3D, but despite the fact it can export almost in any usable format it is of course it would be a lot easier if I post things like rig-templates in its native .blend file type (because I cannot be sure how it works in other programs).

Go for it, man, if not for others, at least do it for yourself. You'll definitely learn something from it, I guarantee it. And it would be super useful to others as well, so that's also a good reason to do it.

Oh, I already know how to model, that is why I'm offering this the first place ^^

Don't go expecting a lot really quickly, moddeling takes time.

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

#6 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 697 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 01:57 PM

I use Blender too (and by use I mean more like fiddle and and tinker like a Rubik's Cube), but I know some people use a program called Maya. I don't know what it's like though. Blender is probably your best bet, though.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#7 Offline Ldd2000

Ldd2000
  • Members
  • Toa

• 108 posts

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 02:06 PM

I use Blender too (and by use I mean more like fiddle and and tinker like a Rubik's Cube), but I know some people use a program called Maya. I don't know what it's like though. Blender is probably your best bet, though.

Blender is your best bet, and your kit would be really useful. Also you have to buy Maya, and it is really only for animation stuff. I have a copy of it, and I almost never use it. 

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

#8 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 331 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 02:52 PM

Well, Blender it is then.

Though if asked I would also export the bits to .obj

-Leonard of Quirm

#9 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,395 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 21 2014 - 06:55 PM

I don't think the Fan Created Media rules allow this type of planning topic, but it seems you've got the green light you need, anyway.

My advice is to look through topics and see if anyone is in need of such a kit, and then offer your models once completed in there. You can also post work you have done in Comics as well, which is now home to kits.

So, I would go for it. And with that...

Topic closed.

Ninjas IN SPACE. Even I can't believe it.

@BZPowerQA.

chopin8199.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users