The Dangers of Desperation

fishers64

Aurora, otherwise known as “The Cat”, considered the situation in front of him. He had not learned how to hack into the New Atero computer mainframe and rise to the top of the local crime ring by taking foolish chances.

And this one could be a really bad one. In front of him were two Matoran, Hue and Kan, who had built one of Spherus Magna’s finest superweapons. It was a gun that combined the powers of plasma and shadow. According to them, they were trying to sell the weapon to one iBrow Voltex in exchange for a favor.

What The Cat was trying to conceal was that Voltex didn’t trust the pair to deliver, and had hired The Cat to steal it. Except that another pair of thieves, hired by the evil villain XT4, had stolen it before Aurora could get there.

Further complicating matters, the Hero Factory was fast on the trail of XT4. If the Hero Factory found the weapon before he got to it, the chances of him getting it were slim.

The Cat didn’t know how much time he had left.

“Please help us” begged Hue. “We’ll do anything. We just want to go home.”

“You see” said Aurora. “XT4 has a vault, which is where he keeps his valuables. He has a routine – he’s also overconfident. His vault is dangling over an active volcano and surrounded by an electric force field. So just step on over here…”

The two Matoran obeyed, and the Cat flipped a switch. In a swirl of light, the two Matoran became one.

“That will do nicely,” said The Cat.

“This is Tahukan the TaVo Matoran” said The Cat. “He will be of use on your mission.”

The addled Matoran nodded. Some lingering affection for Voltex, in Kan, combined with the disdain of Hue to cause confusion. Voltex was a friend? He looked at the Cat, who had turned back to his computer screen and was running a new program. He decided that he was a dangerous enemy, and one best avoided.

He followed Voltex out.

• 4 months later...

Great writing, intriguing story, promising character - I really wish the whole story was here, instead of this enticing fragment. You posted this months ago, any chance you've written a sequel since? I'd read it.

I'm also curious about the origin of this story. Obviously most, if not all, of the characters are BZP members. What's the idea behind this?

Vale, Nuile :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Great writing, intriguing story, promising character - I really wish the whole story was here, instead of this enticing fragment. You posted this months ago, any chance you've written a sequel since? I'd read it.

I'm also curious about the origin of this story. Obviously most, if not all, of the characters are BZP members. What's the idea behind this?

This story was written for one of the challenges in a game I ran called VERSUS.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry for late reply; I caught up with this when I was updating my personal library record.

As Voltex pointed out, this was intended to be a throwaway story for a contest. I didn't expect to be received warmly or praised as "enticing."

As for the idea, it was a VERSUS prompt - the story had to include so many BZPower members in it off a certain list. That's what I remember.