Krana-Kal mixup?

TERIDAX941

So I don't know if this topic has already been discussed, but this has been on my mind ever since the Bohrok-Kal came out. Was it set error that gave Nuhvok-Kal a reddish gold krana-kal, Tahnok-Kal a bronze one, and Pahrak-Kal a steel grey one? When I bought the sets, I just swapped out the krana-kal just so they matched their respective Bohrok, but it still bugged me that those colors were advertised and distributed with them. So, was that purposeful? Or was it all just a big mistake? :???:

Questions, comments, rude remarks? (preferably not the latter) B-)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I knew the topic would be about this. :P

I don't know, but personally I've always felt like that was a mistake. To me it would have made more sense to give Nuhvok-Kal steel grey, Pahrak-Kal bronze and Tahnok-Kal gold.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Haha good guess Gata. ;)

But yeah, I found it odd that it was only those three that supposedly got mixed, cuz blue green and white were perfectly fine (although with them, it's obvious what krana fits them, but yeah... I just can't see how the Lego Group could've overlooked that if it was a mixup. :notsure:

Formerly Iron_Man5

Are there any scenes in the comics or Mnog that show the Bohrok-Kal's krana exposed?

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Are there any scenes in the comics or Mnog that show the Bohrok-Kal's krana exposed?

There is a point in the comics where the Krana-Kal of Tahnok-Kal is revealed and it is gold. There are no Bohrok-Kal in any of the online games and those that appear in the animations are just generic black and silver.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Nokama appeared in the same comic and she also was carrying a golden krana-kal. No idea if they got it from the same Bohrok-Kal though...

Oh but in the comic where the Kal are defeated (when the krana-kal are shown to be transforming silver) :silver: it shows what's inside of Nuhvok-Kal's head, and before his turns silver, they show it to be gold as well (similar to the sets). So, I honestly don't know. Even BioSector01 says that the colors of the krana were supposed to be like that, but color wise, it isn't accurate to what "should" be there.

Formerly Iron_Man5

Nokama appeared in the same comic and she also was carrying a golden krana-kal. No idea if they got it from the same Bohrok-Kal though...

Not that it's important, but I'm pretty sure the Krana-Kal Nokama is holding is the same as the one Onua and Pohatu got.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Mmmm possibly... I thought so too at first, but it seems odd that Pohatu is holding it in his claw, and then the Nokama walks up in the next panel and she has one in her hand. :shrugs: but yeah, I guess it could be the same one, wait I think it has to be, cuz it was the same shape as the one that Pohatu found and no two Krana-Kal are exactly the same (unlike normal Krana)

Formerly Iron_Man5

Mmmm possibly... I thought so too at first, but it seems odd that Pohatu is holding it in his claw, and then the Nokama walks up in the next panel and she has one in her hand. :shrugs: but yeah, I guess it could be the same one, wait I think it has to be, cuz it was the same shape as the one that Pohatu found and no two Krana-Kal are exactly the same (unlike normal Krana)

It's not odd at all. Obviously some time has gone by between the two panels in which Nokama approached the Toa and took the Krana-Kal for inspection. Where would she be supposed to get the Krana-Kal anyway?

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

It's not odd at all. Obviously some time has gone by between the two panels in which Nokama approached the Toa and took the Krana-Kal for inspection. Where would she be supposed to get the Krana-Kal anyway?

-Gata signoff.png

She explains that the matoran boxers was able to surprise a Kal long enough for his Krana to be snatched. And actually, it's exactly the same place, and I'm sure that not much time had gone by at all. Usually there's a "transition" title, or something to remark on the passing of time, while in that one, it appears that Nokama just happened to come by and hop in on Onua's and Pohatu's conversation with the Krana.

Formerly Iron_Man5

Personally I liked the way the original Krana contrasted with the Bohrok of their element, so the Krana-Kal colors didn't bother me that much.

I feel the same way. I certainly don't think it was a mistake.

However, it would have been nice if the LEGO Group had been more consistent: either give all six Bohrok contrasting Krana-Kal colors or give them all ones that closely match their primary colors.

-Gata signoff.png

She explains that the matoran boxers was able to surprise a Kal long enough for his Krana to be snatched. And actually, it's exactly the same place, and I'm sure that not much time had gone by at all. Usually there's a "transition" title, or something to remark on the passing of time, while in that one, it appears that Nokama just happened to come by and hop in on Onua's and Pohatu's conversation with the Krana.

Hm, you know what, your interpretation totally makes sense, actually. :P

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Thanks Gata. :) Means a lot, I try to be extremely accurate as far as the comic books go lol.

However, it would have been nice if the LEGO Group had been more consistent: either give all six Bohrok contrasting Krana-Kal colors or give them all ones that closely match their primary colors.

Exactly! That's the part that bugs me the most lol. :P

Formerly Iron_Man5

Thanks Gata. :) Means a lot, I try to be extremely accurate as far as the comic books go lol.

Thanks to you. ^_^

Likewise. :P Also I'd prefer if they had more contrasting colors in the first case.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I've noticed that as well. I'm not one for going by head canon over story canon, but I always saw it as a mix-up between the Nuhvok-Kal and Pahrak-Kal at the very least. Actually, come to think of it, I do have something to back that up - the CD-ROMs that came with the Bohrok-Kal sets. When you go through them and look at the Krana-Kal information for each of them, you'll see that they have their Krana colors reversed, that is to say the steel black Krana went to the Nuhvok-Kal and the bright metallic orange-ish one went to the Pahrak-Kal.

- :t::l::h:

Likewise. :P Also I'd prefer if they had more contrasting colors in the first case.

-Gata signoff.png

Well, maybe they ran out of ideas by the time they were done with all the regular krana. I mean, they kinda went all out with the colors as far as those guys went (especially with the Va having even more colors). :lol-sign:

I guess it's the price you pay when you reuse a villain set by just changing colors. Sooner or later you run out of material to work with. :wakeup:

Formerly Iron_Man5