BBCC #67: Bastion's Squirt

Click

The Kid hears somethin' in the rubble. He raises his trusty hammer, ready for whatever will come. Almost ready, that is. Before he can react, it's right on top of him, knocking him to the ground. Ah, it's just a little Squirt.

Bastion is my favorite game. It has a great story, great music, and just an amazing aesthetic. Really, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should look it up. So, I took this contest as a chance to show my love for the game and made what has to be the most adorable enemy in all of gamedom: the Squirt. He may look cute now, but just wait until he gets older.

squirt_entry.png_thumb.jpg

^ Entry Pic ^

After I got that entry picture, my pieces finally arrived to build a better base, so the rest of the pictures have that base. I did stay within the 75% Technic/Bionicle/Hero Factory limit (though it is like 80%), and it looks a lot better.

Front

Side

Back

I'm so glad I got that Podracer set from a few years ago for the transparent Technic liftarms.

Skeleton

Though I don't usually build sculpture MOCs, I'm really proud of how solid this guy is. He's relatively simple, but very compact and sturdy. The best feature is, with all the feet and treads on the head, I could very easily pop a few pieces open, mess around inside to add a few connections, then pop it all back together. It really helped make everything go faster.

And reference image

(not the actual one I used, but you get the idea)

Flickr Set

Also has some shots of the base. If you're into that sort of thing. And I'm finally using my Flickr account!

So, yeah. Enjoy his adorableness. He'll be sitting on my desk for the next few weeks so I can stroke him fondly when I'm alone. :P And if you really liked him, give him a vote! I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

First, I really like that sturdy and solid look you gave him and the build on him is very cool with some interesting uses of parts. The resemblance to the source is actually pretty good IMO, so nice job on there.

The stand is neat, solidly built and really creates a good effect for this moc.

So yeah, good job on this moc here, Click.

Edited by JAG18

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Having just finished Bastion myself, my mental image of a Squirt is still fresh. I must say, you did a very good job, at least on what I can see. The pictures aren't loading for me, so I'll just have to look at them at home, but from what I can see from your entry pic and sig looks like a real Squirt. Good job!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

First, I really like that sturdy and solid look you gave him and the build on him is very cool with some interesting uses of parts. The resemblance to the source is actually pretty good IMO, so nice job on there.

The stand is neat, solidly built and really creates a good effect for this moc.

So yeah, good job on this moc here, Click.

Thank you! I'm glad you like how he looks. :D

Having just finished Bastion myself, my mental image of a Squirt is still fresh. I must say, you did a very good job, at least on what I can see. The pictures aren't loading for me, so I'll just have to look at them at home, but from what I can see from your entry pic and sig looks like a real Squirt. Good job!

That's too bad. Glad you liked it anyways! And I hope you enjoyed the game as much as I did!

I think the only thing that bothers me is the more angular eyes you've used in the MoC - I know you're probably going for a 100% Technic MoC but I really feel the use of some round or angled system pieces (depending on expression) would have faired a bit better. Otherwise I like it and really love seeing the little guys turned into Lego. Now for the Kid!

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

I think the only thing that bothers me is the more angular eyes you've used in the MoC - I know you're probably going for a 100% Technic MoC but I really feel the use of some round or angled system pieces (depending on expression) would have faired a bit better. Otherwise I like it and really love seeing the little guys turned into Lego. Now for the Kid!

The angled eyes were really just what I started with, and they just stuck. Somehow they looked pretty good, although I'm sure there are better methods out there. I still have it around, so maybe I'll mess with it. The biggest problem is keeping the flow and not having the eyes bulge out too far. This MOC isn't 100% Technic (though minus the stand it is probably 98% or so), but I was just worried about my ratio with the stand so I didn't mess with the eyes too much.

I have been thinking about trying the Kid, though I am a bit uncertain about making a posable MOC with this kind of detail. I may give it a try at some point.

Thanks for the review!

Now that I can actually look at the pictures, that is cooler than it looked from afar. A very good job. I like the extremely simple skeleton.

I highly recommend you try the Kid next. Then either Zia or Zulf.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Now that I can actually look at the pictures, that is cooler than it looked from afar. A very good job. I like the extremely simple skeleton.

I highly recommend you try the Kid next. Then either Zia or Zulf.

Thank you! I thought the skeleton worked out well too. :)

I may try them at some point, if I get a reason to.

I have been thinking about trying the Kid, though I am a bit uncertain about making a posable MOC with this kind of detail.

Collab with Obsessionist? :P

Possibly, although I liked Steve the Squid's Sori hair. Obsessionist did do a great job as well.