RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Ashley

Ashley continued to scan the hull damage, her ship's readings pretty much confirming it was nanobots. Ashley wasn't an expert on nanobots, but she knew they were bad news.

Until she was given addition orders she'd remain hovering near the gouge as her ship continued to feed it's scans to the Kestrel.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kenshin Harken

IC: With a his and a clank the last of the air was drained from the airlock and the door opened, allowing Kenshin to step out. As the sense of weightlessness that was zero gravity come over him, the armored trooper engaged his mag boots, sealing him to the floor with a silent thud.

It went slower then he would have liked, but eventually Kenshin made it to the long nanite covered groove. Activating his comm, he spoke.

"I have arrived Ma'am. Streaming helmet feed and awaiting orders."

With a simple mental command the feed from the suit's camera was tight-beamed to the ship's comm antennae, allowing those in the bridge a real time picture of what was happening.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"That's going be a pain to get out of the hull." The Colonel pondered her options for the moment, before deciding on one. "Collect a small sample, but keep it in a magnetic containment unit. Put your shotgun on spread mode and give the rest of it a good wash. After you're done, Walker and Landes will sweep the whole area with their weapons. Liu, you're running maintenance on this; after they're done, get me an assessment on the damage and ETA on the repairs. If we need to dock at a station to have it worked on, I'd prefer to do that sooner than later."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Kenshin Harken

IC: Kneeling, Kenshin took a small vial out of an external carrying case and opened the lid, holding it out towards the black goo. The magnetic field of the vial extended, grabbing some of the nanites and sucking it in, keeping them suspended in a magnet field, unable to touch anything.

Once the vial was done, Kenshin placed it back in the case and stood back up. Flipping a switch on his shotgun, he started letting loose with waves of of superheated plasma, burning off the nantite goo while hopefully not doing too much damage to the hull itself.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC

The nanites were burned rather effectively, the mass that did move moving in a very slow motion, and easily caught by the plasma bursts. For the most part the mass seemed relatively benign, though as the plasma dissipated it became clear they had slowly began to eat at the hull, with little pot marks scattered along the length of the groove.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Kenshin Harken

IC: It was a simple operation, once he was sure that the nanties were not going to try and eat him. He had plenty of ammo for the job and there was little to no chance of him becoming sepperated from the hull. As the plasma from the last blast dissipated in to space, he activated his comm and spoke.

"Nanites eliminated, returning to the ship. I would suggest somebody meet me at the airlock to help make sure none of them got on my suit."

With that he turned and started making his way back.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Good work; Liu, keep your distance and let the fighters do a few sweeps. You have four hours, and then we're jumping out of this place." The comm switched to engineering. "Sindorin, keep the crystals warm, we're moving out in four hours." And then to the whole ship. "Attention crew, we are now at level four alert. A crew-wide meeting will occur in twelve hours, in the hanger bay. Colonel out." And then to Deuce's comms. "Deuce, get your fighter back in here. We have some matters to discuss in my office." The Colonel looked around at the bridge, realizing that the Lieutenant wasn't around. Maybe the stirfry has taken more out of her than initially thought. Regardless, the Colonel managed to hail her on the personal comms. "Chastain, meet me in my office. We need to deal with our mercenary."

voidstars.png

OOC
A post worthy of the ages, Hubert. Worthy of the ages.

Now time to poke the rest of the peeps who need to get their profiles done, done.

voidstars.png

IC:

"Level four, Kel. Stand down, no action for us today." Can waved away the equations he'd been working on and unloaded his revolver, then looked over his chitinous subordinate. "Out of curiosity, how did you end up on our side of the war?"

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC - Kelezaag:

Kelezaag beat her wings once, dismissively, and the translator came over the comms with a loud "Hmph." She began to walk back down the hall, towards her bunk. "Do you have any idea what getting on a suit is like without thumbs?" She griped. She turned a corner, climbed a ladder up to the top deck, and stopped in front of her door, pondering the question her superior had posed to her. She hadn't expected anything that close to a personal question. "Well, the Federation was willing to pay me, which becomes rather a rarity in the Mantis systems after you've spaced a couple hundred crews."

She only wished she could see his face. She loved it when she got to see their faces.

IC:

"Good enough, long as your loyalties are to contracts and not to the highest bidder. Kel, the Colonel may be lax but I run a tight division. Do you want me to assign someone to help you get into your suit before combat ops or will that just slow you down?"

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Hey, Xomeron, I was looking for Can's profile, and it doesn't seem to be in the discussion topic yet?

IC - Kelezaag:

Kelezaag couldn't remember the last time she had been asked such a... weird question. Not only had he not been thrown by the thing about spacing crews, he had come back with that question in such a serious tone, she didn't know whether or not it was a joke. She was about to shoot back an immediate 'No', but then she considered it for a moment. "No thanks," she finally replied, "Much as I'd love to see the look on some poor sap's face when he's told he has to help the bug get dressed, it doesn't actually take that long, and I'm not fond of the idea of having a hole poked in my suit."

She made a mental note to always leave herself room to claim she had been joking when speaking to Can, and to set aside some time for reconsideration of him. He might well turn out to be the most tolerable person on-board.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC:

Major Daniels watched the icon that represented Estelle's fighter, waiting it to move to the minimum safe distance. Hearing both her comment over the comm and seeing that the Falcon was now well out of danger, he turned his attention to the railgun's status.

Charge: Ready

Projectile: Loaded

Fire Status: Ready

"Firing central railgun." He stated, triggering the railgun's release. With a quiet thrum the crystal was hurled down the device's length, clearing the end of the ship on its course towards the nanite blob. It had been fired at a drastically reduced speed, roughly twenty percent of its maximum velocity, but it still moved at a decent clip towards the target, impacting after a few moments and driving itself into the mass' center. William studied his display carefully to ensure that the demolition went as ordered, though truthfully, he already knew it would. Impact was successful, all that was left was...

Right on cue, the fired round exploded within the nanite blob. It wasn't a fantastic spectacle, not in space. It simply did what it was supposed to do, and in this case, that was properly destroy and dispose of a significant quantity of dangerous nanites. Seeing as the railgun's rounds were designed for anti-ship combat, the explosive round didn't leave much intact.

"Shot fired. Nanite mass destroyed. Recommend a brief sensor scan to ensure that nothing is left, but the threat has been neutralized." He added the last bit over the comm channel, letting it hang there in case one of the fighters outside decided to act on it. Sighing to himself, he set about bringing the weapon systems back down from combat status. The process wasn't long, in fact it took only a few keystrokes, but he performed it as diligently as he did any other task.

The man stood, stepping away from his station. Now that the ship was no longer on alert, he didn't need to remain there. Perhaps he'd go see about finishing his coffee.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC -- Francis

"Well, at least we can wipe out stationary targets. Should come in handy if we're ever attacked by nursing home residents." With not much else to do but wile away some time, Francis made his way to his bunk. It'd been some time since he'd taken Roberto for a walk. He gingerly lifted the rock out of its glass enclosure, tied a leash to it, and leisurely made his way toward the rec room.

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

IC : Estelle

The flight commander averted her eyes a bit as Major Daniels destroyed the blob.

"Nice shot there, coffee boy." She said, her voice coming through her com to William. But as soon as she spoke, she switched it over to speak to the Colonel once more. "Want me to do a final sweep, ma'am?"

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"That is what I said." The Colonel seemed preoccupied with something; namely wondering if the Lieutenant was still throwing her guts up and if so when she'd get over it.

voidstars.png

IC (Ameli)

Ameli stepped onto the bridge, weapon held against her chest. "Apologies. I was held up." She thought she'd seen on of the Mantis slinking about in the shadows, wouldn't do to allow such creatures do anything unsupervised.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Shortly afterwards, Can walked through the door to the bridge; he'd been heading there during his conversation with Kel, intending to, if she was still there, speak to the colonel. He quickly noticed that the Colonel was not there. There was someone there, however; a woman, holding an assault rifle on the bridge, and even worse, a civilian.

"Ma'am." Can opened, setting one hand each hip. "Please put the rifle down."

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Alright, come back in then. Get one of the engineers to give the fighters a proper inspection and washdown, need to make sure no nanites got on them."

voidstars.png

IC: Estelle

"Yes ma'am." She switched her come to Ashley, her voice ringing out clearly, "Alright Landes, let's go."

With great speed and agility, the Falcon flew back to the hanger door, waiting for Ashely to fly in first. Once the commander made sure she was inside, she lowered the Falcon down inside the hanger. She hopped out of the Falcon and nodded. "Good job Landes."

Ashley looked bashful, "Thank you Ma'am." She replied as she hopped out of the Combat Wombat, the fighter had done it's first real task without a hitch.

"I hope that's the last of those nanites...they're like a disease..." She shuddered a bit, trying not to think of what would happen if they managed to get on a person.

IC:

"Captain Skinter, could we perhaps avoid harassing the crew for being present at their appropriate stations?" A rather bored, though slightly amused, voice commented from the doorway. Major Daniels stood at the entrance to the bridge, one eyebrow raised and his mouth quirked in a half-smile. He had been on his way down the hall when Ameli headed the other direction and he had decided to double back, in case she was looking for someone to speak to. As it turns out, that had been wise.

"All humor aside, the Advisor was brought aboard to, well, advise. Her people are a bit more familiar with the further reaches of space than we are. If you've an objection to her armament, feel free to bring it up with the Colonel; in the meantime, I'm permitting it. I promise, if she shoots someone before you've had a chance to speak with the Colonel it'll be my head on the chopping block."

The Weapons Officer looked to Ameli. "Ma'am, the alert's over. The Colonel went to attend to another matter, if she's who you're looking for."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Ameli)

"Thank you Major. It is very much appreciated.” Ameli reached up to fiddle with a loose section of her uniform. “I am, as it stands, supposed to, well, advise the colonel. I was on my way here to do that, I was, unfortunately, detained my suspicious activity. Policewoman’s instincts and all, I attempted to contact security but…” She brought her other her hand back to the assault rifle. “I am a trained combatant; security appeared to be unavailable or otherwise occupied. I made a judgment call. It turned out to be nothing.” She still, however, had grave reservations about allowing Mantis on the ship. The security officer, who seemed fine with having biological killing machines on board, but panicked about a trained combatant having a weapon, was doing little to improve her opinion on the situation.

She regarded Daniels for a moment, trying not to comment on the fact he wasn’t wearing a gasmask. It was odd, really, that so many of other cultures went around with utterly naked faces. She didn’t think she was a prude or a killjoy, but it was turning out to be quite an adjustment. “I’ll wait for the colonel to return here I suppose. Perhaps file a report with the closest authority.”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Estelle

"Don't worry about it." She said to Ashley before turning her com on. "I need some engineers down here to make sure the nanites are off the fighters as soon as possible."

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC:

"I wouldn't advise waiting here, ma'am. The Colonel went to deal with..." Daniels thought for a moment, half-smile widening slightly in mild amusement. "Well, to put it simply, a disciplinary matter. The Lieutenant was summoned to assist her. It'll likely be a while before she returns to the bridge."

"If, however, I can be of help, please let me know. Coffee's already cold, taking a little more time won't make it any worse. Nor do I have anything better to be doing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Appropriate station-oh. Oh. You're the Colonial Adviser. Watch the rifle," Can paused for a moment; how was he supposed to address her? Did she have a rank? He decided to err on the side of caution "Ma'am." After considering for a moment. "Trained combatant?" Can's eyes flicked from the rifle to the sword at Ameli's hip. "Good to know. Security's always available, talk to me on the intra-ship comm." Can said, visibly relaxing. "I'm waiting for the colonel too. If I may ask, what exactly is your position on this ship?"

-Rover

IC (Ameli)

"I know how important coffee can be. I suspect it is the only reason Devas is half as functional as he is. If you don't have a problem with it, I don't see why we can't talk and walk. I do have a few concerns I've been meaning to speak to someone about." This was probably the most conversation she'd had with someone for a few days, Ameli realized. She paused to consider the situation for a moment, then determined she was smiling because she had a chance report on the situation as she saw it, not because she was glad to be talking with someone again.

Okay.

So she hadn't gotten any better at lying to herself. She'd have to work on that. She turned to regard the security officer as he asked his questions. "I'm non-command. As I understand it, that leaves my exact position....somewhat up in the air and yes, quite well trained if I may say so. Variant of shock trooper training. Won't claim to be the best shot in my enclave, but I always held my own."

IC (Devas)

"An entire civilization built out of junk." Devas shook his head in dumbfounded amazement, he'd thought the file was stretching the truth just a tad. "Outstanding. A hard life I imagine? You'd probably find some kinship in the Imperium, if you ever traveled there. We know how harsh the universe can be." Devas paused for a moment, and made some minute adjustments to the panel behind him. "Hm. Right powers levels are still stable. Excellent.."

OOC: Edit complete.

Edited by Basilisk

Ashley nodded with a sigh as she listened to the Major request some engineers to look over their fighters.

"Any idea why the mercenary flew out there with us? If you don't mind me asking." The merc certainly didn't seem to take orders very well, that was for sure.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"Interesting. I might have an idea worth talking to the Colonel about." Too thick, fighting is hot work, she'll give herself heatstroke in that getup. "My boarding crew is understaffed, at present. Only myself, one reliable soldier, and a Mantis." As he said this, Can realized that not being able to see the Ameli's face was definitely an issue; he was hoping to gauge her reaction to the word 'Mantis' but he hadn't seen a thing. "A trained, reliable shock trooper would definitely be an asset."

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

IC:

"If I had a problem with walking and talking, staying still and talking would be unbearable." The Major quipped, seemingly satisfied with his own humor, even if no one else was likely to be. "I'm all ears, Advisor."

He watched Can idly out of the corner of his eye, but he didn't comment. There was no need to, really. If there was, the Colonel would no doubt clear it up when it reached her level of authority.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

"That would be bad." Ashley agreed, her training had drilled in how necessary it was to obey the chain of command, it was what kept you alive. It was no wonder that merc's mortality rates were partially grim.

"With any luck, he'll see reason and realise that he can't fight the Mantis on his own." Or whatever punishment the Colonel probably had in mind would dissuade him most likely.

IC (Ameli)

"I can see how that could be a problem. Worrying about the bugger stabbing you both in the back would be a distraction, compound that with low numbers...well, we have a word for that kind of situation on Bastion. A real bushbungle. I might bring it up with her, I'll need to figure out a few things first." Ameli turned back torwards Daniels. "Yes." She glanced at his ears. "I can see that. I think I have a few flavor packets buried around in my office, might have to stop by and see if I can't dig them up." She returned her gaze to the security chief. "If there's nothing else....?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Chastain?" The Colonel was at this point doing circles in her chair, settled into her office and waiting for someone to finally show up. "If you're ok, get in my office. If you're still trying to get dinner out of your system, turn on your comms so I can at least know it didn't kill you."

voidstars.png

IC:

"I have to see the colonel too. I did say that..." Can motioned for either of the other two to lead the way.

-Rover