RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Andromeda

Meanwhile in Kestrel's medbay, a body of dim blue energy moved. Her eyes flashed with life and discharges formed irises. She was lying on a basic medical bed. She didn't knew how much time has passed and what happened. She communed to her energy and detected a perfectly isolated blob of acid floating in her chest.

"Ohh, great!" she grumbled, taking a seat and looking around. She noticed two humans: a woman, Nicole, the doctor from the slaver ship, and an unknown male in Federation uniform. The last detail in his appearance puzzled Andromeda the most for she couldn't remember anything from the moment she allowed herself to unleash her energy. That was the most irritating part of her abilities. For a moment though her irritation changed to fear and she hastily lifted her arms, looking for her collar. It was in place.

"It's here," she admitted with relief and disappointment. She still couldn't quite get used to her transformation and it was pretty traumatizing. She looked again at the man and touched another button on her collar, revealing a holographic insignia of the High Command. "I want to know where am I and what happened," she said to Rehn.

IC: Nicole turned in surprise towards Andromeda, relieved to see her alive. "I can only tell you what I saw," Nicole replied. "The Ambassador got me to the shuttle. I saw you on the ground, I guess you'd passed out or something. Someone came by, took you, and then carried you into the shuttle. We're on a federation ship, so we should be safe, but that's about all I know at this point."

IC

Slug.png

ZOSS

Zoss had kept pretty much to himself since the attack of the mantis. His dreams were still haunted by those images of death and carnage, and those feeling of absolute terror and near death. He had never been the most social, but being haunted by those events had made him even more introverted than usual, and had spent most of his time in his cabin or avoiding other people. After four days, however, he felt it was time to stop.

He slid down a hallway, not entirely sure where he was going, but determined to finally figure out more about this ship he was on.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC:
Strolling along the hallways, not doing much of anything, Gaven literally ran into a Slug. (OOC: Zoss) "Whoops, sorry, didn't see you there, little Slug," he said, not in a derogative way.

OOC:
I want something to do or someone to talk to.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Nicole turned as a pink-haired woman stepped into the medbay, accompanied by another individual. At that point, she wondered where Karin had gotten to, but feined a smile as she approached the new arrivals.

"Hello," she said, trying to sound more confident than she actually was. "I'm Nicole Sarany, new doctor. Can I help you?"

IC [Agent Dorian]

"No, nothing springs to mind." The agent glanced at the door. "Hmm. Do you hear that, the ever soft sound of a slug? Those ears of yours are quite good, you really must learn to use them better. In the mean time, you should entertain your guest." With that, the man vanished, popping back into whatever bit of Ashley's brain he resided in.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Since the male human stood silent, not giving any answers, Zoltan woman felt even more irritated. Nicole's explanation didn't made any difference since Andromeda still had no definite information about what happened. There was some fight, that's she figured. She passed away from something, probably a direct acid shot. She touched her chest on the level where the acid was hanging. Then someone picked her up right before the shuttle left. That was really nice from him and Andromeda promised to herself that she'll find that man and thank him.

This ship they were on probably was the one captain Geiste met last time. It was a Federation vessel that pretend to be the one of League. That was curious, puzzling, strange. More over, the fact that Andromeda didn't recognize it meant that it was something completely new and very secret.

Her thoughts were interrupted by two more individuals in Federation uniform. Since Zoltan didn't turn-off her holo-projector, they could see her insignia. She looked at them and grumbled.

"You owe me some explanation, humans. And I owe a thank you to your operative that picked me up."

Edited by The Mugbearer

IC: Estelle

"I'm Major Walker, the Auxiliary officer on this vessel.. I am in charge of the individuals that we rescued from the slaver ship. I have come to check up on you."

She turned to Andromeda, a stern look on her face. "We saved you all from the slavers. We technically don't owe you anything but, it is my job to make sure you are all alright. Now, What do I need to explain to you? Why we picked you up? Why we took you off the slave ship?"

IC: Ashley

Indeed there was the soft sound of a slug outside the door. Ashley had been so engrossed in their conversation she hadn't paid much attention to it. She got up from the bed and skipped over to the door, opening it and peeking out into the hall.

"Oh hey Souper! What's up?" She greeted cheerfully, deciding to forget about the Agent in her head for now.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"We all would." Estelle replied to the doctor, running a hand through her pink hair. "I'm one of the highest in command on this vessel, yet I haven't been informed. For now, we are basically exploring."

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC: Souper Saladd, Slug Cook

The slugperson, of course, noticed when he heard Ashley get up, so looked a little more nonchalant than they should have. It was obvious that Souper was planning on visiting, if not spying in. For now, it seemed, they could only worry about the mental presence that was tormenting the poor girl, "Hello Ashley" said the slug, "I suppose your visitor came again? Talking to one's self isn't healthy, especially when it actually is another person inside of you. Or is it a different presence this time? No matter, I have no idea what you were talking about, but I need a reason from you as to why I shouldn't just go to the Commander of this mission and mention that we have a castaway in your noggin?" the Slug said, grating as usual as xhe talked far too much.

IC: "Right," Nicole replied, a bit of her agitation starting to show. "Now did you need any help? I assume you're here for a reason."

OOC: This whole thing with Ashley's mental visitor wasn't inspired by Farscape by any chance was it? I just couldn't help but be reminded of the main character in that show literally having a clone of the main villain in his brain.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC [Agent Dorian]

Somewhere in Ashley's head, a voice piped up. Don't mind the slug; my presence here is garbling your thoughts. Neither he nor any other slug on this ship can figure out what's actually going on. More effective than the psionic training they gave you at the Academy, eh?

OOC

Bit of Harvey, bit of PsiCorps.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

Can had hardly been seen since his demotion. Personally, he thought it was ridiculous. He had been sent on this mission because he was capable of acting with initiative when it counted. And the moment Can had designed a plan to do that(which was simple and obvious. capture and incapacitate the Mantis, beam them over to the enemy ship as 'tribute', get the supplies, kill two birds with one stone when the Mantis came to and savaged the slavers) he had had his position cut out from under him by a Vendarian battlefield politician. It left a bad taste in Can's mouth, and, frankly, caused him to wonder about his career choices. If he'd finally decided to accept promotion after Earth, he would have been in command of a regiment by now. Maybe even a low-g assault regiment, with a solid band of Belters under his command. He'd never wished for command before, but at the moment, that sounded nice. No aliens, no Vendarians, just other people from the Belts against the Mantis hordes. Can quickly decided that that was ideal; the moment this mission was over and he got back to civilized space, he'd be requesting a transfer to a Low-G regiment. Even if he was still a First Lieutenant then, command of a platoon sounded significantly better than the backroom politics and interpersonal bickering that Can expected to characterize the rest of this mission.

Can had spent two days doing suit work, starting with removing the astrionics panels from the slaver ship and delivering them to engineering. As the salvage operaton had progressed, Can became more and more useful. Eventually, the ship's gravity had been turned off and the air had been pumped out, at which point Can was quite useful, as the most experienced zero-g operative of the group. While he had no real training in engineering, he wasn't useful in the really delicate operations, but he was handy enough with a toolkit and a welder to be of some use.

With the ship fully scrapped after two days, Can had gone to work on the teleporter. Like any machine based on quantum effects and alien technology, the machine was finicky, and needed constant adjustment even when not in use. Worse than that, the teleporter's built in sensor suite had to learn to talk to the Kestrel's entirely new sensor system, which took both mechanical and computer work, and occupied the majority of his time. Which, of course, lead Can's mind back to his demotion. Unjustly dropping from Security Chief to Teleport Officer was less than pleasant.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

"I came to make sure you were all settling in.. I do apologize for any inconveniences.. We didn't plan to run into a slaver." Estelle said, mood changing to a more caring one.

OOC: Humva told me that acid has been removed, so all that I wrote regarding it must not be considered any further.

"I am Andromeda, a High Command contacteur," Andromeda said, standing and hovering above the ground. Estelle's change of mood didn't come unnoticed by Zoltan woman and she sat back. "I think I can ask that question and expect a honest answer. I want to know what is this vessel and why it has League ID and Federation crew. Because I never seen one quite like this one and believe me, I am familiar with many if not all Federation's ships, including designed by human, engi, zoltan and any combinations of those. Your vessel draws my curiosity."

Edited by The Mugbearer

"I'm afraid not everything can be answered." She replied, stern once more. "I will not answer anything that I cannot and that my Colonel has told me to keep classified. "I would think it best that you are out of that place."

She stared up at the floating being, eyes nor body giving any sense she was intimidated. "You know very well that the Federation isn't the most liked organization in this part of space. It's simply to keep ourselves protected... A whole lot of good it's done us."

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Kenshin Harken

IC: At this point Harken decided to make his presence known as more than just another figure.

"The same reason this ship is crewed by one of the most mish-mash crews I have ever seen. We are trying to keep this trip on the low down and having word that a Federation ship was flying around lawless space would be counter-productive."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "Well," Nicole said. "You did free me and bunch of others from who knows what. I suppose that is something, but I hope you won't take it too offensively if I say I'm fed up with all the secrecy. I was pulled out of a hospital without explanation and ordered to serve on some mission whose purpose nobody would tell me. Then I end up on a slave ship going who-knows-where and get released only to end up assigned to another crew without explanation and once again with no explanation for what we're doing."

Edited by Atton Rand

"Your explanation is logical, Major, and although it would not satisfy my curiosity about this ship, I will not bother you with my questions. I also want to know Ambassador's status. Is he alive?"

She looked at Harken very keenly, almost not moving her gaze for about three minutes. Meanwhile Nicole gave out quite a monologue about how she's sick of secrecy.

"Doctor, I advise you not to try their patience," Zoltan woman said. "They have their reasons to maintain secrecy."

Edited by The Mugbearer

"... Doctor I understand how you feel. But Ms. Andromeda is correct. We do not know who you are but, I assure you, once you are here for a while and we know you, you will know what you'd like."

"And yes ma'am, the ambassador is alive."

IC:

Strolling along the hallways, not doing much of anything, Gaven literally ran into a Slug. (OOC: Zoss) "Whoops, sorry, didn't see you there, little Slug," he said, not in a derogative way.

IC

ZOSS

Zoss coldly looked up at the rock man, his eye stalks waving casually. It might be prudent to look down every so often, he mentally broadcasted into the creature's head. Looking where you are going is a useful skill.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC Vincent

"Still no word on the Nanites?" Vincent had been anxiously waiting for a report on just what had scratched the ship several days ago so that he could do a full repair. At their last stop, Vincent had only succeeded in making an emergency filling before the Mantis attacked. The now disassembled pirate ship had given him lots to work with, but it was extremely difficult to perform repairs while floating around in zero-g situations. So Vincent had to force himself to forget about the whole thing and proceed with his regular job. Which just so happened to be to clean up after newly demoted Lt. Skinter. The man couldn't possibly do everything, so Vincent was now covering for the man as well as "borrowing" the parts that Can ended up not using. Still, he hadn't actually seen the man despite working in such a close assignment. "How does he hide so well?"

IC Geburah

"Kelezaag, of Clan Kriggnaft. First impressions so far indicate a general distrust of others as well as an air of secrecy. Could be up to something, but so far, has been nothing but a loyal crew member. Threat level: low-medium."

"Souper Saladd. Has demonstrated potentially hostile verbal behavior towards the other crew members. However, has shown no sign of potential threat. Threat level: low, though watch the tongue."

"Signi Ovechkin. Unusually interested in human sports culture. Still uncertain as to whether or not to petition for revoking his TV privileges, due to dysfunctional (and potentially destructive behavior). Threat level: very low when on duty, medium when watching the Chicago Bears."

"Ace Blotts. While appearing as a soulless killing machine at first, closer examination if his behavior has revealed traces of care for the rest of the crew. Further observation definitely required. Threat level: unknown."

"Rainbow. Time will tell of (s)he is the sanest person on this ship. Very good at addressing people's personal problems. Possesses a large ego, but this has not caused any conflicts so far. Threat level: very low."

The Zoltain ambassador had taken it upon himself to keep tabs on each of the crew members. So far, he had notes on only five crew members, but it was a start. One aspect of his mission was to check to see if the Kestrel could actually survive long enough to get to its destination; Geburah wasn't betting a lot of money on that one, but then again, he had only been onboard for four days. Further observations of more crew members were required before he could reach a conclusion.

IC (Karin):

Karin almost stumbled as she crossed the threshold into the medbay. She stood there at the entrance, propped against the wall, slowly looking over the gathered crew members with half-open eyes before her gaze finally stopped on Rehn.

Since the Mantis and slaver attacks had finally subsided Karin had been busy dealing with individuals picked up from the slaver ship, tending to their wounds and setting up medical profiles for them, and checking up on the rest of the crew to deal with minor injuries and any less obvious issues. While all of that went pretty smoothly, this particular crew member had put more than a bit of effort to stay away from the doctor as long as possible, so Karin just set up an automatic alert and used the time in between to finally get some rest.

Fixed on Rehn, her eyes opened fully and she spoke.
"Great that you're actually here. It'd be such a pain to have to have and officer get you in here."

She sighed. A sort of bored, tired sigh.

"Have a seat."
She gestured towards an empty table.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: Nicole felt a slight sense of relief as she saw Karin, the other doctor, stepping into the medbay and approaching a patient. Even if Nicole's performance was hardly as strong as it used to be, she thought Karin must have felt some relief having another doctor to provide assistance. She withdrew from the conversation, not having much more to say, and turned toward Karin.

"Excuse me," Nicole asked as she approached. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Ashley tried not to look nervous and be calm. It had been somewhat surprising that Souper knew, but then again xhe was a slug, they were born telepaths.

The question now was, what to tell Souper? She didn't want to lie to him, but it didn't seem like she had much of a choice. Their missions was too important and for the moment she was willing to let 'Agent Dorian' remain in her head if it helped the mission. Besides it was only temporary.

"Another person...inside me?" Ashley cocked her head, doing her best to look confused. What on earth am I supposed to tell him?

IC: Souper Saladd

So she was going to play this particular game, was she? Well, something told him that xhe was going to have to tell the commander now. "You are not a very good liar, Ashley. I detect nervousness in your thoughts. Do not lie to me about this. Would you rather talk to me in a peaceful manner, or would you prefer to act the cool dude? Because either will end with me alerting our CO about this, and I am pretty sure you don't want your career ruined with marks of insubordination, or worse, sabotage. I have no idea what that voice is asking you to do, but given that I am 95.7% sure you are not schizophrenic, human, I believe it is a detraction. We have had to deal with not only Mantis Saboteurs, but also a slavership. Who knows what is next for us? And for you to be harboring this secret is like you believe we are on some sort of bad television shows where people do not act rational in order for the story to progress. We are NO ONES tools. Now tell me. What. Happened."

IC [Agent Dorian]

I don't know, that he's gone space happy? Try and isolate him; I'll work on getting some sort of psionic camouflage up. I'm not actually sure you can do that but I'm going try. Need to be able to avoid detection. The Slug became more insistent, and Dorian sighed. He thinks himself so high and mighty. We may need to deal with him in the future. In the mean time... we need to discredit him. The Colonel must see that he has lost his skill. Call his threat, tell him that you will go to the Colonel yourself.

voidstars.png

"But...I...that...." Ashley wasn't sure which one she was responding too at this point, most likely both. Being told two different things at once was....stressful to say the least. What Souper said shook her too the core, he was right, she wasn't a tool...someone had deliberately put another person inside her head...so they could monitor the situation? Something wasn't right...

We may need to deal with him in the future. That phrase gave Ashley pause...what did he mean by that? Souper was her friend...she couldn't bring him harm....NO!

Ashley's whole body shook, her emotions running high with panic and uncertainty. Tears started running down her face. "I...I don't know....I don't know what to do...."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC: Nicole was distracted from Karin as another woman stumbled into the medbay. She was dressed in combat armor, sporting dark red eyes and a scar along her face. Hastily, she approached the woman, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and helping her to the nearest bed. "I'm Dr. Nicole Sarany," she said, having only just been assigned she knew a large portion of the crew had not realized there was now another doctor aboard. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to get that armor off so I can look at you."

OOC: Well, I was told Ameli needed medical attention.

IC: Souper Saladd, Friend to Humans

Moving forward, the slug hugged the slightly taller human and wiped away the tears dryly. "Now now, child, things will be alright. You have to trust me. Let us alert the Commander together. We must not let the others panic. So you need to calm down until we can get to the Colonel at the very least. Alright? Everything's going to be alright. I will make sure of it" the slug said, taking Ashley's hand and leading her down the hall. They were headed to the Colonel's quarters, where she was likely at the moment. Ojeda would know what to do. If she wasn't available, xhe'd go to wherever was necessary. This was not a good thing in the slightest. Not at all.

Edited by Zhangku

IC [Agent Dorian]

Hmm. This is awkward. The voice raised a mental eyebrow. Now, now, Ashley, we don't need to cry. There are non-violent ways of dealing with people. You just need to calm down, take some breaths, think about this. Now, I've finished up these psionic barriers, once I get this in place it should-

To the outside world, Ashley collapsed into a limp pile. Inside her mind, though, the pilot found herself sitting in a white, sterile room, a glass canopy above her showing the Earth shining in the distance. Moments later, Agent Dorian walked in, seeming just as confused as she was.

"Hmm. Apparently this didn't quite work the way I wanted it to." He glanced around. "I think that in my efforts to try to build up some mental shields, I broke the barrier that was keeping my memories and yours apart. Hopefully you didn't get the confidential parts, could be awkward when you run into my employers in the future. For now, though, we need to figure out how to get you out of this state, wouldn't do good for the both of us to be locked in your head." He stood there, thinking for a bit, then turned back to her. "Ah, well, it seems the limits of my expertise have been met. Could you try and follow your instincts? Your latent abilities might get us out of this."

voidstars.png

One moment, Ashley was being led by Souper down the hall as she tried not to cry. Then suddenly she in a white, sterile room...and agent Dorian was there as well, looking just as confused.

As took her new 'surroundings' in as Dorian spoke. Apparently he'd just made things worse than they already were. "Don't tell me what to do." To say she didn't trust Dorian at this point was an understatement. Regardless she did as he suggested and followed her 'instincts' as it were. She decided to look for an exit and get out of this room she was in.

IC (Ameli)

Ameli was currently feeling that unique combination of utterly incensed, deeply embarrassed and disgusted that tended to make one an unpleasant conversation partner at best. She was out on the ship without her gasmask for one-the rest of the crew could strut around barefaced to their hearts content, willing to accept the dangers that came with such a thing. She was not. No Vendarian was. They knew too much about the universe for that. The fact that it simply wasn’t proper for people she wasn’t related too, long-time friends with or…involved with were seeing her face was also…extremely disconcerting. So, embarrassed, angry, and more than a little annoyed, she responded to the well-meaning doctor’s query with a snarl.

“No. No I won’t. I was just tossed out of my office by some…” She lapsed into Vendarian at this point, sparing the room from understanding a very creative suggestion as to what the maintenance staff could do with themselves. “I’m hear because I got a breath of some fumes or another. As if exposing myself to the entire crew isn’t bad enough, they made me…” She lapsed into Vendarian again. It should be noted that Vendarian has, perhaps, some of the most unique curses known to man. “…strut through the ship so you can stick me with something or another to make sure I’m well enough for duty….”

OOC: She's normally much nicer.

But being asked to walk around unprotected (no gasmask) in a ship with aliens on it, in addition to being thrown out of her office....well.

The results speak for themselves.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Souper Saladd, Carrier of the Unconscious

Just as the slug began to help Ashley down the hall to where Ojeda's quarters might be and then Ashley slumped to the ground. As soon as that happened, the slug felt an enormous about of mental energy. Oh no... Picking up Ashley, xhe immediately headed to the medbay, "Help! Ashley, she...she's been attacked with some sort of mental attack." xhe declared as soon as the slug entered the room. By the time he'd put the girl on one of the free beds, it had been a few minutes. This was worrying. Who was capable on board the ship who could do this without them noticing? No one. So who could have done this? She was going to tell the slug something before she passed out, but what? The slug turned to the doctor,"Get the Colonel down here. We have a situation."