RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC (Ameli)

"Something you would do well to avoid being underfoot of." Ameli had come up from behind Vincent, weapon slung at her side. "Planet I was stationed on, you learned not to trust apperances in wildlife...but I'm pretty sure these creatures could crush the life out of you without even noticing." She cocked her head for a moment, thinking. "Could be some parasites attached to them as well. I'd stay well away from them."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Devas)

Devas chuckled. "Probably a bit more edible then your average military rations." He paused for a moment. "We'd need to run some tests to be certain of course, but I don't think the Confederacy would select a planet with game that one cannot live off for an outpost."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Alright teams, listen up." The Colonel's voice came over the comms. "The ship's run a decontamination, you all will follow standard decon procedures when you get back. Flight commander, get your fighters into low orbit, we'll meet back up in space. Devas, you know the drill, get the reactor prepped for a jump. We'll leave this planet yet in one piece."

IC [Engi Colony 92, human designation "Troy"]

Two days later...

Engi worlds were a sight to behold; the first species humanity met in the stars, those early explorers discovered the Engi frontier worlds. Weathered by decades of Mantis incursions, the Engi were confused to see a new species, but happily invited them to travel through their space. Though explorers found themselves greeted by cities that never seemed to end, cities that would stretch for miles into the sky, with miles underneath them of catacombs and a thriving undercity life. It was the Engi colonizing ethic: to build several large and dense cities, and to leave the rest of the planet alone. Human experts estimated a single Engi colony city held seven hundred million Engi, but the mechanical lifeforms never seemed to mind. Indeed, the Engi were a sociable species, such that when the first explorers landed in one of their cities, they were greeted by the colonial governor herself. Apparently years of violence against them hadn't discouraged the quaint little lifeforms to greet strangers with open arms; perhaps that was why they were the target of continued attacks.

In the present, Ambassador Amador was wishing that she was one of those early explorers. Sitting in the governor's mansion, she was sipping some sort of Engi drink they translated as wine, waiting to see the colonial governor. To her side were four Planetary Forces troopers, ground thumpers dressed in full blue and purple armor. The ceremonial armor was flashy, but it was effective; the ambassador had personally witnessed one of her guards take a plasma grenade point blank. Man shrugged it off, though she later learned he had taken shrapnel to the gut and had to be removed. A shame, too; he was always so good at cards, a reliable bet if she had ever seen one.

Standing near the window, her guards' commander, a certain Master Sargent Areleous, was peering out at the assembled Engi mob. "I don't think they're all too happy to see us," he remarked with a scowl, smoking some sort of noxious plant that the ambassador was sure no amount of nanites could help against. "I'm going call in a dropship, leaving by car's too risky now."

"Still don't see why the machines hate us so much," one of the privates mumbled.

"Probably because you keep calling them machines." Areleous gave the glass a knock, then attached a small cube to it. "It's why you're not the ambassador, but rather the kid who runs for her coffee."

The private understood the implication to shut up, leading Amador to sigh. "If you must know, private, as orderly and peaceful as the Engi like to portray themselves in the galactic scene, no species is defined by one stereotype. The Engi are violent, and as it happens, not all agree with human involvement in their affairs. Many feel that their losses in this war could have been avoided if they had simply left humanity to be subjugated."

"I'd call them xenophobic wankers, but I'd probably do the same. Then again, I've been called a xenophobic wanker in the past, so I guess it takes one to know one." Areleous settled himself down on a cushion, his frame remaining tense in case of attack.

"And that's why you aren't the ambassador either." Sensing the door clicking open, the ambassador rose, putting on a smile as an elderly Engi and his aide came into the room. "Governor Sethell, I'm glad you could make time for our meeting."

"[it's always a pleasure.]" The governor's face was expressionless; the ambassador couldn't tell if the Engi simply refused to update the screen it had in place of a face, or if the governor was simply bored. "[We will be attending a dinner; I hope you don't mind the modification of schedule.]"

"A dinner?" The ambassador was puzzled.

"[Yes, one of your vessels has appeared in our orbit. It was broadcasting a League frequency, but our satellites quickly deduced it of Federation origin and, by the alloy analysis, built in the Terran shipyards. After we made its commander aware of this, she identified herself as Colonel Palmira Ojeda; our records show her as a heroic individual, savior of over a thousand soldiers from the T.C.V. Tokyo. I invited her to dinner, and she agreed.]"

"I... see." The ambassador raised an eyebrow, unsure of how to take the governor's sudden invitation. "Well, governor, as you can see there are protesters outside..."

"[We will be taking an inner city shuttle, no need to involve the citizenry. Please, ambassador, this way.]"

It was going be one of those nights.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Well, that happened." The Colonel sat back down in her chair, looking around her. Conveniently, all her command staff were present, so no need for comms. "Ok soldiers, our mission: attend an Engi dinner without being poisoned. Daniels, get into something nice, Walker, you too. Chastain, me and you need to have a discussion about emergency gumbo tactics." She flicked on her security comm. "Harken, Skinter, get into your dress uniforms, you two are on security detail." Then, shipwide, "Attention crew, we are preparing to enter into the Engi colony Troy's atmosphere. Upon landing, I and the command staff will be attending a dinner. Apparently the Engi feel the need to clean our ship up, because they're just such a generous species, so we'll be running a skeletal crew while they do so. The computer will have command authority while we are gone, and the Engi have prepared a separate buffet for our crew, so all but essential personnel are welcome to go join it." Then, to a private comm, "Devas, stick around while we're gone. Engi rarely have malice in mind, but you know I don't like people poking through our systems. Stay covert and keep an eye on them."

Standing back up again, the Colonel turned to Halik. "Adviser, I am aware of your more... inflamed feelings towards aliens, but I would like you to accompany me and the staff. Consider it an observation mission, if it helps."

OOC

So yeah basically everyone's in two groups, the rabble's off to go eat at the Engi buffet while the command staff is heading to a dinner plus security and Halik. And Devas is going go all metal gear solid on us.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Ameli)

"I was selected for this mission due to my tolerance, colonel. I will be happy to accompany you." Ameli smoothed out a stray crease in her uniform. "As long as the aliens do not attempt to touch me, all shall be well." Ameli paused for a moment. "They have steak yes?"

IC (Devas)

Devas inclined his head in a classic Vendarian show of deference. "Dave will be of great use, I have no doubt. I shall make my preperations."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"I'd hope so, considering how much cattle the Engi buy from Earth."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Ameli)

"Rare enough that a good vet could save it, I hope." Ameli somehow contrived to look hungry through the expressionless face of her military-issue gasmask.

IC Vincent

Vincent, who was currently working on some piping, turned his head upwards to listen to the Colonel's announcement. He probably wouldn't be leaving the ship due to his role as a mechanic. Part of him was glad that Engi were coming aboard; they had the reputation of being the best mechanics in all of known space. Another part of him was apprehensive, however, because they were strangers, and he wasn't sure if they could be trusted to not sabotage the ship. Even if their intentions were innocent, they might press the wrong button in a desire to fix something, and next thing you know, they've blown out the coolant system. He would be keeping an eye on their visitors...

IC

"Of course, ma'am." Estelle said, giving Ojeda a salute before exiting with the rest of the command staff. As soon as she was out of sight of the Colonel, she gently grabbed Will's hand.

"Hey." She greeted him softly, a smile on her face.

Kenshin Harken

IC: Security on the local brass at a fancy dinner, far from the worst mission he had ever been on. He was fairly certain there would be a chance for him to eat something. Even if he was unable to pick something up there was always the fact that people would probably not be shooting at them for a change.

Now if only he could remember where he had put that dress uniform.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Put on something nice... Daniels mused to himself as he nodded, listening to the rest of the Colonel's instructions and departing with the others. It was an order that he would have to put a not insignificant amount of effort into; dinner was easy, getting dressed would be the hard part. Outside of his dress uniform, he had packed a few nice sets of clothes. A friend had wisely told him that no matter what mission he went on, if he didn't bring them, he'd need them. So the Weapons Officer had picked a few decent sets, and packed them with everything else. He hadn't really expected to actually need them.

His musings were interrupted when, cheerfully as ever, he heard Estelle greet him. He smiled at her, squeezing her hand affectionately. "Hey. Well, that's another mission down. How are you? I didn't hear much from anyone else during the mission. Or decontamination which, for the record, is rather incredibly hellish simply for how long and dull it is."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC

"I was fine... Being in a fighter has it's perks. I'm just glad you're okay." Estelle replied. "So... This dinner... Any idea what you're going to wear?" She asked, tilting her head slightly so a few strands of pink hair fell from behind he's ears and into her face.

IC: Souper Saladd

Well then. Another party to not attend or cook for.  It seemed that today was a gold letter day for the slug person known as Souper Saladd by these humans and other various races.  For now, however, the slug would wait and see what the Engi would do to the kitchen stores that the Slug had put away for safe keeping.  Just because they were mechanical fleshy beings, it didn't mean that they wouldn't sneak away some of the food as snacks or potentially sell it to the highest bidder, especially some of the celebratory wine and spirits that the slug had kept hidden just for some sort of event that had not yet happened.  And also the weapons that the slug kept in the kitchen drawer.  Just in case, of course.  You never know who could try to steal the kale after all.  Yawning, the slug sat back in the seat that was ergonomically created for them.  Special orders to the federation gave them quite the place to put their bottom, after all.  Especially when it was so soft....gods and ancestors, the Kale was getting to them again...

IC:

Security for the local brass at a fancy dinner. Easily the worst mission Skinter had ever been on. Hours of waiting, ready for something to go wrong, which it inevitably would. A firefight with at least a dozen people to protect, with Can and Harken the most obvious targets. Meanwhile Can may well be expected to be social with the guests, might even get some embassy waitress flirting with him. Brilliant.

Without comment, and after only a moment to pause to listen to Daniels and Estelle flirting, Can headed to his cabin; he had a dress uniform that needed ironing, he needed to shave freshly, and probably fix his hair.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:

"Almost none." The Weapons Officer replied cheerfully, almost amused by his lack of decision. He gestured down at his standard uniform, shrugging slightly. "This is what I expected to wear most of the time. I've got my dress uniform, and I have a couple sets of nice clothes with me. I just didn't really expect to be needing them."

"I'll have to dig them out of my closet from whatever wormhole they likely fell into, to start with."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC

"So... No nice tux or a suit?" She asked him with a slight laugh. "But don't worry... I think you'll look just fine. And if you do need help, I am at your service." She did a playful sort of bow before winking.

IC:

"I have both a tux and a suit, though I have no idea where I put them." William replied, chuckling at her mock bow. He slipped his hands into his pockets, thinking for a moment about where his clothes had likely ended up; he remembered moving them when he moved into his quarters, he just didn't quite remember where he put them.

"I'll likely be fine, but if you suddenly hear a knock at your door, you'll know why."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC

"No problem. So... Shall we meet up before dinner?" She asked as they continued on toward their quarters. "I have to do my hair and makeup and all of those fun things so no rush or anything."

IC:

"The Colonel didn't mention when we were supposed to leave, but I think that'd be great, if time permits. I'll probably take a while myself, given that I'll have to locate my nice clothes." The Major shook his head slightly in amusement at the thought, glancing over at Estelle next to him. "Any idea what you'll want to wear?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

After a period of prepping and Ojeda giving herself a large dose of nanites to deal with any alcohol, the command staff had assembled at the cargo bay, dress uniforms in varying states of ironing; the rest of the crew would be on their way soon. Ojeda herself was flanked by Skinter and Harkin, the two serving as immediate shields if someone were to take a shot at the Colonel. Behind her rested the rest of the command staff and, in the rear, Halik. The hanger door hissed open, allowing the group to walk out to the Engi greeting party.

There was a plethora of Engi, at least thirty, but most of them were merely workers. The group that stood out was that in the center, two Engi and six humans. The eldest of the Engi stepped forward, extending a hand to the Colonel. Ojeda gave the Engi a salute instead, prompting a moment of confusion from the alien, until it made a synthetic laugh.

"[Forgive me Colonel,]" the Engi spoke in a deep voice. "[i often forget the differences in etiquette. Please, allow me to welcome you to the Ninety Second Colony of the Engi Collective, known to your people as Troy. I am Colonial Governor Sethell, chief magistrate of this world. The woman next to me is Ambassador Amador, from your Terran Confederation.]" The Engi passed, analyzing Ojeda. "[Are you familiar with her?]"

"We've met." The Colonel looked Amador over. "She was one of the ambassadors I carted around on the frontier, tried to keep the peace with the rebels out there."

"[Then an introduction is not necessary. Please though, Colonel, if you would, introduce me to your command staff.]"

"Lt. Colonel Sophie Chastain." The Colonel motioned to her XO. "Decorated on the Mantis frontier and in the Rebellion of 87. Major William Daniels, decorated during the Invasion of Terra. Major Estelle Walker, decorated for service in the colonies and in the Invasion of Terra."

"[Quite the staff, then.]" The governor motioned, the group starting to move away, down the platform, with the cityscape below them. The Kestrel was parked on the highest level, a look over the edge informing Ojeda that they were at least three miles above the surface, though with Engi cities, there was no proper 'surface'. "[Accommodations will be made for your stay.]"

"While I'm sure my crew would appreciate a brief stay, we won't be staying any longer than the ship's polish job takes." The Colonel seemed slightly concerned about the Engi just assuming her compliance. "We're on a mission, we can't afford to stop for a week at every inhabited world."

"[Of course, of course.]" The governor ended the conversation there, the group getting into a spacious shuttle and sitting down as its pilot peeled off and went down into the city.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

Kenshin Harken

IC: While being a meat shield was hardly an exciting prospect, Harken had to admit that the city around them was a wonder. Metal and glass reflected the sun while tens of thousands of Engi could be seen making their way from place to place.

Everything looked peaceful enough, which was a good thing. The place was like a sniper's heaven. Harken could hardly even begin to count the places where a person could take a shot at them from.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC

Sadly for Estelle, she hadn't had time to meet up with Will before the dinner as the Colonel called them much sooner than expected. She was ready however. Her pink hair was pulled back in a bun with a few hairs curled and hanging down and she was dressed in a dark blue cocktail dress that had a lace back and was accompanied by white heels.

As they walked, she stayed close to Will but kept her hands to herself and her eyes on the city and their hosts. The city was glorious and the Major found her eyes drifting to look every so often to ensure herself she didn't miss anything.

IC:
Gaven wasn't quite sure what to do and where to go, so for a time he stayed on the ship, wandering around and being present in case he was needed.

OOC:
What should I do and where should I go?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:

WIll took a seat on the shuttle, shifting slightly so his dress saber didn't get in the way of the position. His dress uniform was almost immaculately tidy, carefully ironed and cleaned so as to look like it had just been issued. Not that there had been much needed in that regard; it had been stowed carefully in his closet the day he boarded the Kestrel, and he'd only needed it once since then, when the command staff had addressed the crew. Not that he paid very much attention to uniforms, be it his own or someone else's; he was subtly taking note of those present, and their potential threat, all without dropping his cheerful, amenable demeanor.

The Major didn't really believe there would be any hostilities. The Engi were allies, and the Ambassador had been the one to extend the invitation. Nevertheless, recent experience had taught him to be wary every time he set one foot off of the ship. The station, the fleet, all had been places that there should have been no threat of danger. Yet every time, danger seemed to find them. After briefly assessing all of those present, however, he did turn his attention to the city. Engi cities were fascinating in both their construction and their ideology, and neatly showcased the differences between their species and humanity. On a human colony, quarters like this would never be tolerated. Here, they were normal.

A fascinating dichotomy. The silence, however, was beginning to feel awkward.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

The shuttle ride was uneventful, the craft nimbly darting through the walkways and bridges that littered the mechanical city. Looking out the windows, Ojeda could see an endless sea of Engi, working or going to work. She had been told the Engi never really slept, not on their own worlds, thanks to a permanent medical nanite presence and energy fields. Instead, they'd take short twenty minute breaks every few hours, resting their minds and giving their components a recharge. An extremely efficient society, driven by AI and superusers. It made the governor a somewhat laughable bureaucrat; an Engi governor may have final say in matters of state and justice, but no governor actually managed the day to day affairs, or even made the crucial decisions. No, dedicated Engi, Engi whose mental capabilities were deemed sufficient, managed these vast cities in conjunction with AI. The governor could be removed and the only difference it'd make is putting his staff out of a job.

"Colonel," the Master Sargent spoke up, Ojeda glancing at the man. He was scarred all over, what looked to be plasma burns, and a mechanical arm. The scarring around it was attached told her it was the work of Mantis claws. Nasty way to lose a limb. "Your two men here have Planetary insignia. Any more on your ship?"

"Only two I have."

"Shame. Be nice to see some friendly faces; five months of guarding an ambassador kills your social life." 

"What's the ambassador doing, that she needs five heavily armed troopers around her for?"

"Engi are feeling a bit rebellious m'am, one of them took a potshot at Corporal Yalta here. How's the stomach treating you corporal?" A grunt was the reply. "She's fine. Haven't you heard about the Engi revolts?"

"I've been out of the loop ever since the Invasion. Supervising the construction of the ship. Engi never struck me as the particularly rebellious type, what's going on?"

"Dissatisfaction with me and you, m'am." The Sargent pulled out a cigarette, passing one to his private, then pulling one out for himself. "While you were pulling burning corpses off of the Tokyo and I was getting my bowels ripped out by a Mantis queen, the Engi were throwing a fit over having to actually fight the Mantis. Talks of a treaty of nonaggression and such, backing out of the Federation. Whatever they have for a government decided otherwise and now some civvies feel like this can all be resolved if they shoot our ambassador."

"Any danger for us?"

"Oh, plenty. This city's a nightmare for any sort of defense, only safe place is indoors and even then tunnels allow for a dozen different entrances. You should have brought more security for you and your command staff."

"[My dear Sargent.]" The governor spoke up in a somewhat annoyed tone of voice. "[The few insurgents are of no matter for the Colonel and her crew; allow me to assure you, Colonel Ojeda, that we are safe, and your crew will be fine at their event. I have taken all the security precautions necessary.]"

The Colonel watched the governor for a moment, then looked away, contemplating what she might have gotten her crew into.

voidstars.png

Kenshin Harken

IC: Of course nothing is ever simple with this crew is it?

While his annoyance at the new roblem did not show on his face, Kenshin made no attempt to hide his interest at one of the Sargent's comments.

"You faced off with a Mantis Queen?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [Master Sargent]

"I was stationed on Heinlein 5 when the Mantis attacked. Took charge of the situation, and then some uppity Captain ordered me to lead a mission into one of the hive ships. Diverted ten thousand good men in an effort to destroy it, leaving the capital's defenses understaffed. Capital was overrun, he became nymph food, and I was in the hive ship slicing up Mantis royal guard." The man took a heavy inhale of his cigarette, the rest of the smoke quickly whisked away by the shuttle's air control. "Got to the birthing chambers, found one of the queens. You know how the scientists said that there was no way a pregnant Mantis could fight? Shows you how much the ivory tower knows. Fast bugger, carved my arm off in the first minute. She didn't like it so much when I got a crystal grenade in her shell, though. Would have died in there with her, if my squad hadn't pulled me out. Place was too **** hot, could barely breath in that atmosphere."

voidstars.png

IC:

Can nodded in approval; his fighting had, so far, all been defensive, unless you counted the counterattacks in the Sahara. Attacking a hiveship, though, struck Can as foolhardy; he quickly formed a poor opinion of the man's former commander. But instead of trying to reply, Can kept focused on keeping track of where each person was; he had to, if he wanted to be able to react at a moment's notice.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:

The Weapons Officer kept his gaze on the Sargent, listening to his tale. At least, giving every appearance of listening; an appearance that belied the true focus of his thoughts. The mention of rebellious Engi was very concerning, and not for the first time, he cursed the tendency for his worst case scenario to be reality. For that was what it was; just above the worst case scenario. The Ambassador hadn't commented, but he believed her guard more than he believed the colonial governor. Not for any matter of race, but for politics.

The simple truth was that Sethell had appearances to maintain. She needed to put on the illusion that everything was fine, even if it wasn't. The Sargent, on the other hand, had no such cause; his only purpose was to keep the Ambassador safe. A degree of loyalty to his own species as well, given the way he spoke. That didn't necessarily mean he was right, but based upon his words, and the governor's response, there was a very good chance that he was. And the crew of the Kestrel had accepted their open-armed welcome, only to discover, after they had, that it had every chance of being an opportunity for someone else to get them when their back was turned.

And all he had on him was a saber.

He leaned over slightly towards Estelle, lowering his voice. He'd have a word with the others, if he got the chance, but most of them were too far away for him to do so without using a comm. And that, given the circumstances, would likely seem rude. "We'll want to keep our eyes open. I'm getting a very, very bad feeling about this."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Can had come to the same conclusions that the weapons officer had, especially concerning the relatively unarmed state of his group. Thinking quickly, he realize an option he should have figured out beforehand, and pulled up his computers holographic display, tapping out a message. "Kestrel computer, this is Lieutenant Skinter. I want five submachineguns and ten magazines plus five pistols and fifteen loaded and ready to teleport asap. Acknowledge."

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

IC

"I know..." She whispered softly back to Will, barely loud enough for even him to here. Being someone that had been caught off guard once before, when she was just a young pilot, Estelle had come prepared. With a saber strapped onto the outside of her upper thigh and a laser pistol hidden in her brassiere.

She then pulled a but away from Will and have a shy smile and a giggle, putting on the appearance that the two had merely been flirting. One never knew who was watching.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

The tablet sent back an affirmative, while the Colonel idly considered the Sargent's tale. Her attention turned, though, as they slowed down to deal with the middle-city structures, and gave her window an excellent view of the embassy. There was a mob of Engi, with hulking drones patrolling back and forth, keeping the aliens at bay while a dozen human soldiers watched nervously. A somewhat bad situation if she'd ever seen one. The shuttle landed on the embassy roof, the doors hissing open and the governor allowing himself out first.

"[Don't mind the rabble,]" he spoke with some tone of prejudice. "[Your embassy was constructed by our finest engineers. Its inner chambers could survive a nuclear blast.]"

"So we can't bust out a window to escape," the Colonel reflected.

"[i'm sure that won't be necessary, Colonel.]"

The group walked into a nearby stair well, the Colonel looking off into the dim distance. Her eyes weren't as good as they use to be, but... she signed to Harken and Skinter as she continued on, the two following behind her. Five flashes, one two three five seven o'clock. Scopes.

IC [The Computer]

"Attention crew," came over the intercomms. "The Engi dropships have arrived to deliver you to the governor's buffet. Please assemble outside of the hanger bay doors and enter the dropships. The following personnel will be staying behind: Chief Saladd, Spaceman Taylor, Spaceman Blotts, Consultant Zoss, and Captain Devas. Remaining crew will be attending the buffet; please stay in communication with the ship, in the case of an immediate recall."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC (Ameli)

Ameli, as was her custom, was staying silent. She had compiled quite the list of ways this whole affair could go horribly, horribly wrong. The fact the would-be slaver was in the security detail did not fill her with confidence for one thing. That been the only real surprise however, the fact much of the population would like to personally kill her was expected, they were aliens after all and unlike their leaders, the civilian Engi seemed eager to show their primal colors. She respected them more then their government at least, they were honest about what they were, they did not hide behind false friendship. She disliked the fact her trusty V45 had been left behind on the ship...though she'd slipped a small dagger into her combat boots. Push come to shove, she was not quite defenseless. 

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Can, still thinking along those lines, stepped over next to Harken. "How long does it take you to get your armor on?" He asked, gesturing to his wrist computer.

-Rover