RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC (Ameli)

Her expedition had been a rousing success, if Ameli was any judge. Haggling had proven to be little more than a creative mixture of threats, implied power and knowing just how to push a fellow’s buttons. Who knew that the skills she’d picked up as an interrogator would be so very versatile? Granted, on a professional she’d probably have problems, or so the rational part of her mind insisted. The assorted scum and scammers of “Galaxy’s End” however had proven to be relatively easy prey to someone used to shaking down insurgents and slavers.

So, with a veritable pillar of star charts, maps and a few tourist guides on the various locales for variety tucked under her arm, Ameli slowly made her way through the marketplace towards the general direction of the ship. Her eyes, as always, were constantly scanning her surroundings; this place had even more xenos than their ship. It made her skin itch really, like walking into the Bastionan push trying to hunt down the diehards. Normally she’d have gone for her weapon, but something told her the Colonel wouldn’t appreciate the likely results of such an action.

Ameli’s eyes were drawn to a pair of black trenchcoats…and pink hair. The pink hair and cat ears were hard to miss. As was the pirate, who seemed to have stepped right out of that one trashy action holo she’d watched out of curiosity. Ameli mentally shrugged, it almost made sense really. They already had slimers, buggers, mercs, gene deviants and walking boulders, somehow the pirate just didn’t surprise her.

Wait.

When had her life gone insane again?

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Seems in order. I suppose we need a proper ambassador, the Vendarian simply isn't well mannered enough for that sort of thing." Somewhere in the Colonel's mind, she wondered if anyone was actually laying low, or if they were proclaiming to the world that they were Federation. It could make things awkward later on, she'd need to send out a memo about proper dress when going to strange places. Last thing she needed was for someone to try to take a crack at Federation officers. Perhaps someone would mistake them for League uniforms, they were rather similar, if you weren't paying attention any. "Spaceman Taylor, if you got any more stiff, someone will confuse you as a scrawny Rock." Out of the corner of her eye, she could see three men appear; and, being observant to detail, she could tell that these were proper League soldiers. She took a sip of a drink that had appeared next to her, watching as they approached. Finally, the three of them reached the table, looking down at the strange ensemble.

"We saw your ship dock, the Lima huh?" They took their seats. "Haven't seen her in years, wasn't she in drydock?"

"Maintenance," the Colonel replied coolly. "We just left a month ago."

"Higher ups never send information out here," one of them remarked. "Good to see some friendly faces out here, the slugs were getting to me. I'm Colonel Myser, of the Marcelino. You?"

"Colonel Santos."

"Well met, Colonel Santos. I'll come back in a bit, it's obvious you're busy with these aliens." The men promptly stood and left, one of them casting a sideways glance to Taylor. Once they were out of the bar, the Colonel looked at Taylor, some expression darkening her face, then fading away.

"Sit down, we'll probably be here a while more."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC

Slug.png

ZOSS

Zoss slid the charter back into the folds of his slimy skin, and closely observed the two men he immediately picked out as League soldiers. He could tell they were suspicious, to say the least, and more than slightly xenophobic, even without his mental scans. He mentally prepared to defend himself, but they didn't even look at him, merely picking out the Higher-ranked-one and leaving the bar.

After a respectable moment, he projected his mind into the higher-ranking-one's head. My name's Zoss- I hope you'll forgive the intrusion, the slug thought in the woman's mind. I'm merely wondering if we are in any danger and whether I should be trying to slip out the back door or not.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Souper Saladd

Grabbing through his bag, he got several containers of exactly what the other Slug had asked for, "It wasn't hard to determine what type of food you would want. You are practically leaking it every time you have a meal, so I got sick of hearing about it. I have at least ten cans here that can last a while if you don't eat it for every meal. Besides, I have to cook for everyone, if you have a dietary askance, go ahead and tell me, but if you fail to tell me anything at all, I will assume that your thought pattern is a temporary craving."

"And besides, that tin can you speak of allows me to focus, when there are far less people around. I also got green beans. Any other requests before I grab more of the salted or pickled meats that I cannot actually touch?" the obviously irked Slugperson responded as, waiting for the possibly insane rock having slug to respond.

IC - Kelezaag:

Kelezaag stood in a public restroom, washing her forelegs. Watered-down blood flecked the inner surface of the sink. She had sworn she would disembowel whatever fool got in her way, and she had been forced to do exactly that when a pair of cocky humans had decided they were capable of taking down a knife-armed alien that could spit acid. Their hiding spot had been rather tacky: a rarely-traveled hallway with broken lights. With only a knife and a revolver between them, they had really been asking for it.

The Mantis pushed open the bathroom door, smacking a security guard in the face with it as she did so. The surprised guard, likely called to the spot to investigate claims of a blood-coated alien, fumbled for his sidearm, terror evident on his face. Meanwhile, Kelezaag smoothly pulled her Federation documents from her coat. "I'd keep that on your hip, if I were you. Don't want the Federation and a Mantis clan after you and your family, after all. Anyway, self-defense. If you have a complaint, take it up with my superior," she sneered. She left the bewildered guard standing at the bathroom door as she vanished into the crowd.

She found herself back in the marketplace, where she observed the various races of aliens interacting. This station is a real cultural melting pot, she thought. On her left, a Zoltan with a power cable stuck in his mouth stood at his stand, a bright sign above him proudly displaying the name of a drug that was as likely to kill you instantly as give you a buzz, while an Engi was rapidly repairing an adjacent stand that a Rock had accidentally destroyed. On her right, an orange Slug was engaging in what she could only guess was the courting of another Slug. They might have been haggling over prices, though. Directly ahead of her was an approaching juvenile human. The kid looked her up and down, then stared into her eyes, and asked her for a light.

It was a really beautiful place, this station was.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

As was the way of these things, the Colonel had a feeling of danger come over her, the sort when you know your landlord is in a bad mood that day. She had the feeling that something terrible had happened, and she was going have to deal with it. To the slug, she raised an eyebrow, shrugging. "You'll be fine, just some Leaguers, thinking they own the place. We'll be out of here before anything too major happens."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC -- Francis

"Not at all," Francis responded, wary of his comrade's growing ill mood. He decided perhaps he'd offer a gesture of kindness, if for no other reason than the fact they were both slugs. "Would you like assistance gathering more items?"

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

IC: Souper Saladd

"Assistance would be good. Wear gloves please, it is hard to get mucus off of the food. The humans get offended very easily at the thought of non-taste changing mucus suddenly on their otherwise perfectly edible foodstuffs. As does everyone else these days" xhe said, sighing as he grabbed some more non-perishable meat.

IC:

"I see we've made a new friend."

A voice commented casually from behind Ashley and Estelle, a single figure detaching from the living tide and stopping next to them. It was little wonder that they hadn't noticed him approach; The brown-haired man blended in with the crowd very easily. He had, as per orders, ditched his uniform and all Federation insignias, replacing them with casual pants and a gunmetal gray shirt. Over these he wore a long gray overcoat, the buttons along the front unfastened so it shifted slightly when he moved. His sidearm was barely visible, holstered on his right. Combined with his slightly messy hair, which seemed to be more so than it was on the ship, and his half-grin, he looked very much like an average civilian trader.

"I take it you're one of the crew members we're picking up?" He asked, addressing Wulf, looking him up and down. Daniels was taller than most himself, but even he had to admit that the privateer towered over him. Infinitely more muscled, too, even though he himself was no slouch in that department. Assessment complete, he held out a hand to shake. "I'm William Daniels, I handle personnel matters on board the LPV Lima."

"Been a while Ms. Walker, Ms. Landes. What do you two think of the station?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - Galaxy's End

The privateer nodded slightly in response to Estelle Walker's rather brusque confirmation of his suspicions, his golden-tawny eyes flicking briefly past her to the cat-girl, then to a fairly tall, rather nondescript brown-haired man who'd just emerged from seemingly nowhere.

Of the three, and although Pink Hair had some smoldering attitude, the newcomer was the one to watch, to keep wary note of. He had the quiet, professional air about him, despite his rather casual appearance, and Wulf's quick gaze hadn't missed the holstered sidearm at his belt. He looked capable. Confident. Possibly dangerous.

Engulfing Daniels' extended hand in his own, the privateer shook it briefly, firmly. "A pleasure. Yes, I'm one of your new teammates. Wulf Kharon, pirate by trade and Federation by choice."

He smiled, strong white teeth flashing against his dark complexion in the dim lighting of the space station. Somehow, the smile didn't reach to his eyes; they remained as cool and intent as ever. Permafrost in organic form. Or maybe just unyielding steel.

Edited by Shadowhawk

OOC: for reference, I stated earlier that Estelle has her suit on, which isn't federation. It has only her Falcon emblem and her belt with her saber and pistol.

IC: Estelle

"I've been to similar places before, in fact I was telling Ms. Landes about that earlier." She replied to William with a smile before looking at Wulf.

"So you'll be joining us?" She asked him warily before sticking her hand out. "Estelle Walker."

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC: Like Souper and Francis, Zokander was at the food mart looking for supplies. Couldn't trust the slug chef to make his food. Who knew what he was putting in it. Maybe something to weaken the crew's minds, make 'em easier to read. Maybe something they didn't even realise they were doing, like flakes of dead skin. Disgusting, thats what it was.

No, he'd take care of his own meals as long as that slimy chef was in charge of things. Safer that way

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC:

Duly noted. I'll try to be more observant in future.

"Such are my intentions, yes." responded the privateer, turning slightly away from Daniels so as to shake Miss Walker's hand as well. Subtly, he was making a second, more thorough visual analysis of the pink-haired woman, wondering if he ought to add her to the 'potentially dangerous' list. "Provided, of course, that no one aboard particularly objects to my presence."

OOC: oh no! I was just letting everyone know haha... I'm not sure if you all saw the post I made earlier.

".... Keep out of serious trouble and listen to the commands of your superiors and I won't have an issue with you." She replied as she placed her hand back at her side.

He almost smiled at that. Almost. At least, his eyes thawed a bit, momentarily.

"Obey orders, respect my teammates? That won't be a problem, I can assure you. I wouldn't have been permitted to join this operation if it was."

Yes, definitely a candidate for the 'potentially dangerous'. She had nerve; she didn't seem terribly intimidated by a man, a pirate, who was approximately twice her size, judging by weight, and almost certainly capable of breaking her spine with his bare hands. She was wary, but not uncomfortable. He liked that. In another place, another time, he might've gone so far as to ask for her phone number... if it hadn't been for the shocking pink hair.

Edited by Shadowhawk

Estelle caught him glance at her hair and her cheeks began to burn bright. "Is there something wrong with my hair, Mr. Kharon?" She asked him, trying to seem polite but a bit of defensiveness slipping through her words.

IC:

"Leeeeeeet's all dial the testosterone down a bit, shall we?" Daniels quipped, watching the meeting grow a bit more tense. He stood with his hands in his pockets and a relaxed slope to his shoulders, grin never wavering, but he somehow seemed decidedly alert as well. As if, behind the cheer, he was carefully monitoring exactly how events were proceeding.

"Yes, Ms. Walker, that includes you." He added, grin widening a fraction of an inch.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Ameli)

She was not getting involved and they couldn't make her. She had enough problems with the gene deviants, the aliens and now, if what she'd overheard was accurate, the pirate was well on his way to getting a lynch mob organized against him. Without a word or a sideward glance, Ameli bustled by the gathered crew members, hoping she wouldn't be dragged into it. She'd gotten the starcharts, some wine (hidden safely away at the moment) and frankly, she'd had her fair share of interaction with scum today. She wasn't eager to add a pirate to the list.

OOC: Drag her into it if you want.

I feed off human misery after all. :P

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

It had taken Ace some time to find a proper weapons vendor-one that was selling something for a reasonable price, anyways. He had lost Francis some distance back, and didn't really care. He wasn't even sure if Rehn was still with him, actually. He perused the selection of ammo, and found something compatible with his model of gun. He pointed to what he had been searching for, and the shopkeep-an Engi-nodded. "You want this scope here?"

Ace nodded in agreement.

"Can't say no to a paying customer, now can I?"

Ace grunted, and gave the Engi the proper amount of money.

"Pleasure doin' business with you!"

Ace simply grunted and turned away, back towards the ship. He made sure to keep his gun at the ready, too. Just in case.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

"You're no fun, Daniels. Mr. Kharon and I are simply having an amicable conversation." She replied a little bit too sweetly. She knew that he was lying about the compliment, it was all things she had heard before.

Wulf Kharon stifled a smile. A true, real smile. Oh yes, this was definitely one to keep tabs on. Very dangerous.

"Indeed. Most amicable. But, in all seriousness, is there anything I can assist any of you people with? Is there any sort of supplies in particular that you're looking to lay hands on? Having spent the last three weeks here at this filthy little backwater of a station, I'd hate to have my comprehensive knowledge of the place be entirely wasted."

IC:

Zhanar, who was also in the market district. had made a gem of a purchase; a crate of canned pineapple slices. The earth-grown fruit was excessively rare on the edges of human space; the farther the group went, the more valuable they'd become. He decided he'd have to clear the cargo with the Colonel though, and decided to head to the bar they'd met in. Maybe she was still there?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Ashley

As the conversation went on Ashley had lost track of what they were talking about, what currently had her full attention was some sort of firefly that was hovering above her head. The firefly started to hover toward Daniels and that's when she noticed the Major.

"Oh...hello sir!"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Geist paused a moment to reach into the depths of his cloak, producing a black folder, containing various portions of paperwork and identifying materials. Sifting through it a moment, he pulled out a smaller, less full folder which he handed to Colonel Ojeda, "eyes" twinkling a moment in an oddly greeting manner.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

Galaxy's End, from the outside, was not what one would think of when they though "space station". Positioned on the edge of human territory was, in essence, a large "horizontal" tube. The hangers were on the top and the bottom of this this tube, and the five or six levels in between were all the gray market you could handle. And dedicated to protecting this entire station was a force of about a hundred and fifty security officers. On an inner-territory station, that wouldn't be too bad. But for a gray market station on the edge of space, having a security crew that had to have most of its number at all times checking incoming and departing ships did not work well.

As they were to discover all too soon.

The five blips on the radar showed up when they already weren't far away; maybe a few kilometers, not far at all by space standards. They weren't traveling in any particular pattern, and at first, they simply seemed like space debris; Not all that uncommon. Nevertheless, when they got closer, the crew decided to take a closer look. Perhaps if they'd done that sooner they wouldn't have had an issue, but as it stood, it was already far too late.

Five fighters glided on silent wings towards the station, the group splitting into two units; One went towards the upper hangar, the second towards the lower. Inside the skeleton crew of security forces scrambled to notify their comrades, busy inspecting every ship that passed through. But it was too late. The fighters had already arrived, hanging like reapers of death above and below the opening to each hangar. Each unit fired off one anti-ship missile from one fighter each, sending them screaming into the hangars, causing destruction when they impacted and exploded. Nothing too massive, but it took some ships and people with them. No, the real effect was simple; It got attention. Security forces were rushing to deal with them, bring what defenses they had to life, and get the civilians clear.

They never predicted that this was merely the first prong of the attack, that they were doing just what they wanted. On the third floor, midway between both hangars, in the middle of the marketplace, figures appeared. Preceded only by a brief glimmering, fifty new beings appeared. The clicking of mandibles and the sound of claws on the ground left no doubt as to what they were, though the screams eliminated any that remained. With gunshots and sharp claws, the slaughter began. Civilians tried to flee but it was senseless; They trampled each other in their rush to escape, making them easy prey for the unexpected invaders. The floor was cleared out in minutes, corpses littering the ground.

And then they split up. Moving in pairs, half the group moved up a level, and thebother half went down. The Kestrel's crew was still primarily focused on the upper levels, but by now the fleeing civilians had shown them what was happening, even if the explosions outside the station didn't.

The Mantis had arrived.

OOC: Not too long, but it gets the point across.

Here's the situation. Humva's asked me to handle this, and given me operational control. Fifty Mantis on board, twenty five going up and twenty five going down. They're armed, relatively organized, and eager to kill.

Here's what you need to know; They're dangerous, and I will be controlling them. I play fair, of course, but I won't be playing nice. Act foolishly, you'll probably die. Play smart, play well, you'll probably be relatively okay.

Good luck. Fifty Mantis on board, five fighters outside, and fairly minimal, relatively untrained support. Don't stop both and you're in trouble.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC -- Francis

"It would seem, chef," Francis remarked as arm blades emerged from the slits in his coat sleeves, "that dinner is about to take second priority." Francis closed his eyes for a half second. "I ping twenty-five mantes headed up to our floor. I've also sent out message to the crew to notify me of their positions so that I can immediately relay them to each other. Too bad I haven't cataloged the new guys we were allegedly picking up."

Francis looked about frantically. "Grocery store, eh?" Using his telekinesis, Francis began to pull a myriad of items from the shelves. Chili powder, raw onions, various oils, cans of soda, and anything else slippery, eye-burning, or potentially explosive. "Got a new recipe I wanna try out, Souper. I call it Homemade Tear Gas a la Oil Slick with a side of shook up sodas. Oughta buy us an opening or two if we can set up before they reach the top of the stairs."

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

The Colonel reacted the moment the missiles landed on the station.

Rather than bolt up, she grabbed Taylor by his head and pulled the two of them down, even as the bar exploded into chaos. Within a minute, the horde of criminals and conmen had evacuated the place, and with that the Colonel rose, helping her bodyguard up. She pulled out her transponder, switching it to the crew-wide frequency. Everyone's own transponders should have picked it up. "This is the Colonel; it seems the station-" broodcurdling screams outside interrupted her, and the distinct chittering of Mantis made her blood go cold for a moment. "Ok, listen very carefully folks. There are Mantis aboard this station, and not just the sort here to buy the drugs. If you are going to make it out of here alive, stick together and get back to the ship now." She switched the security comms. "Skinter! We've got Mantis, keep them out of the ship. Harkin! Get those engineers inside and prepare to go into the station, you might be needed to evac someone." With that, she put the transponder away, pulling her coat open to retrieve two revolvers.

"Gentlemen," she said to those remaining at the table. "Follow me and hopefully we'll make it out of here alive."

voidstars.png

IC (Ameli)

In a flash, Ameli had dropped her collection of star charts and brought her SP-234 to bear, she was still somewhat close to the pirate, the two pilots and Daniels, despite her best efforts. Moving slowly and with great care, she slowly back torwards them, weapon flicking from side to side, covering any points of entry. "You heard the colonel. We need to get back to the ship." Her voice had gone flat, even the muffling effect of the gasmask did little to hide the cold tone she had adopted. The time for playing nice was long gone. "I suggest, humbly, that we open fire on any Mantis we see. We cannot be too careful. Not sure they are even any civilian Mantis onboard. Don't matter much anyway."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

The speeds at which William's sidearm had been drawn had to be seen to be believed. In a mere instant, it had gone from at his side to in his hand and ready to fire. That wasn't the only change, however; Almost as if a switch had been flipped, the jovial, humorous demeanor was gone. No trace of it remained, instead replaced by a cold, calculating efficiency, and what almost looked like a barely masked fury.

"Understood, Colonel." He replied over the comm link, ignoring, for the moment, the agonizing screams emanating from just below... That were rapidly getting closer. "I've got Walker, Landes, Ameli, and your new man Kharon. Second floor. Mantis are preparing to move on up, sounds like. They'll be on this floor in maybe a minute, tops."

Almost as if on cue, the first chattering screen resounded on their level, further down one of the streets, around a corner. The Major had already trained his weapon on that corridor, waiting for it to appear while he steadily began walking backwards towards the stairs.

"Well, folks, sounds like we're in for a little fight before we get back." He paused, thinking. "Agreed, Amelli. All Mantis are to be considered hostile unless proven otherwise beyond a shadow of a doubt. Shoot first, ask questions if we get back alive."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: J. Taylor

Taylor produced a pistol from his coat pocket; too much was going through Taylor's head for him to keep track off, but he knew he only needed to focus on one thing. Getting the colonel back to the ship...either with or without her bodyguard.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Kenshin Harken

IC: Only a dead man would have missed the missile exploding in the hanger, something that Harken had managed to avoid becoming so far. His SMG was out and ready to fire almost before the explosion had died down as he moved to cover the engineers currently working on the hull.

"You heard the Colonel, let's move it people! The faster you get inside the happier we all will be."

Activating his comm he spoke out over the crew's channel.

"I will be ready to provide cover fire for those who need it. Please tell me when you are coming, it will help me to avoid shooting you."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Ameli)
"I hear they eat their wounded you know. Then again, hear alot of things about the buggers." Ameli was covering the same corridor, having positioned herself besides Daniels, about the only crewman here who she felt worthy of trust in this dire situation. “If you pilots have any skill with a firearm, now’d be a good time to mention it.” She paused for a moment, ears straining to make out the tell-tale sound of clacking mandibles.
IC (Devas)
Devas had a death grip on his side arm, aiming it at each point of entry as he backpedalled frantically towards the ship. They were here, the mindless, rapidly-breeding worthless scourge of life the galaxy over was here. His intial panic was passing, with something cold and calculating taking its place. He’d never thought anger could burn cold before, but it appeared he’d stumbled on a darker shade of strength. If the Mantis came for him, he’d make them pay for it. Many times over.

IC: Estelle Walker

"Landes," Estelle, who also had quickly pulled her pistol out, stayed close to her subbordinate. "Get down and stay under cover as we move. That's an order." She growled as she aimed at the corridor.

As the chatters of those hideous things filled the air, the scar on her back began to ache as if her body knew what was incoming. "Alright... Let's get these suckers."

IC:

The missles had shaken Ace up fairly well. His hand was already on his rifle, and he was ready for whatever came his way. He had, thankfully, been somewhat close to the ship. When his comms crackled to life, he activated them to speak over the channel.

"Coming to ship now."

He had his gun raised, aimed forwards, and continued forwards. He noticed another person-someone else, who looked similarly armed and ready.

OOC: That would be Devas Ace is coming across.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Ashley

Ashley loved her ears, she really did. But right now at this moment she wished they'd disappear. The screams were deafening...and she could hear them all perfectly. She shivered, her skin paleing and starting to sweat, her heart rate beating rapidly, for a moment it looked like she was stuck.

Then her training kicked in, she immediately reached for her concealed handgun deep inside her coat. She pulled it out like her life depended on it, which it kind of did. The handgun itself didn't pack much firepower, but it was extremely accurate and even custom scope attached, she was glad she bought it.

"I hear they eat their wounded you know. Then again, hear alot of things about the buggers." Ameli felt that was worth saying, though Ashley didn't really appreciate it.

“If you pilots have any skill with a firearm, now’d be a good time to mention it.”

Ashley found herself aiming her weapon toward the direction of the chattering, ducking under cover as her commander ordered her too.

"I...I know how to shoot." Her voice was surprisingly hollow, void of any of her usual cheer.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kenshin Harken

IC: "Engineer! Inside the ship and you can stay alive"

A panicking non-combatant would make things immensely more difficult.

OOC: Talking to Rehn there.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Devas)

"We're going to survive. For now, fall back to the ship. We can defend it pretty easily if it comes to that." Deva's voice, stifled somewhat from the gasmask, had more then a little bit of barely contained rage held within it. "Don't let the buggers scare you. They're our inferiors in every way. Remember that. Only way they can fight humans it by throwing millions against us. They're just that pathetic." Devas suddenly aimed his side arm at a nearby doorway. "Nope. Nothing." He continued to back up, though a tad bit slower then before.

Another crew member stepped into the hanger, much to the relief of the chief engineer. Must have been what he heard in the doorway.

Edited by Basilisk