RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

OOC: Let Basilisk answer. Have some patience. Don't just assume how the conversation will go. Let other people respond. What you're doing is as bad as controlling Basilisk's character, because you're controlling the entire conversation. It's very rude and you should stop immediately.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:

"Captain Devas," Will's voice rang out as he enntered the engine room, accompanied by Chastain. The trip from Ojeda's office to engineering hadn't taken very long; Not now that Deck Two had been sealed and pressurized again. It had taken a few moments longer to determine which of the egine rooms he was occupying, but seeing as he used the same location for his quarters, it wasn't too difficult.

"Lieutenant Colonel Chastain and I need a few moments of your time."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: I have no idea what happened here, but from what Xomeron said, I can deduce it.

Av, I'm going to be taking you on a tour.

Mind the railings.

IC (Ameli)

"And now the aliens show up to gawk. What do you want rock-beast?" Ameli snarled, with no small amount of venom in her voice. By Vendarian standards, Ameli was tolerant, remarkably so. Normally she would have simply ignored the alien or coldly redirected him to one of the less cautious crewmembers. Recent events however, had all but stripped her of patience.

IC (Devas)
Devas was hunched over a shotgun, Vendarian pattern, evidently making some adjustments to it. He felt it wise to have a communal weapon of sorts for the engineers, lest they have a repeat of the last incident. He looked up from his work to regard the two officers. “I get the feeling I’m not going to like this.” His voice was modulated, controlled and just a bit uncaring. He'd been retreating back into the tried-and-true isolationism he'd adopted before the battle.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC:
Tour?

IC:
"Whoa! I'm not gawking, I'm just puzzled. Most Vendarians I've seen always have a gasmask on. I'm assuming yours broke?" Errogaven asked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:

"Probably not." The Major admitted, regarding the Vendarian thoughtfully. Devas' gas mask added no small degree of difficulty to reading him, but the task was not impossible; His voice said much, simply by exhibiting the degree of control that it did. Such a level of control was not unfamiliar; It was quite common amongst officers, particularly the ones who disliked you, though they usually put forth an effort to disguise their control as civility.

"We're here regarding the matter of Can Skinter." A pause, as Daniels contemplated how best to continue. "The command staff convened on the matter. His actions would have warranted such a meeting regardless, but the requests put forth added further urgency."

"After careful consideration, we have chosen not to execute him." He paused long enough to attempt to gauge the engineer;s reaction, but the impassive mask revealed nothing. "But we aren't fools, either. Lieutenant Skinter has been demoted from Captain, and stripped of all command, as well as the clearances that come with them. Additionally, he has been removed from his position as Security Chief. Captain Harken has been promoted to fill these new voids."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Yes. A tour.

Stand a bit closer to the edge, if you will.

IC (Ameli)

“Would I be breathing unfiltered air around you if it wasn’t?” Ameli had fixed a look of near-murderous displeasure on her face and redirected her glare to the nearest doctor. “When can I get out of this place? The correct answer, incidentally, is now.” Ameli shifted again, her scowl growing. In her culture and in her view, the current situation was roughly the same as, say, a Confederation soldier being stripped of all their armor in front of a possibly hostile Mantis.

Stressful, embarrassing and possibly fatal.

IC (Devas)

Devas sighed and pushed the shotgun away. “Thank you for the information, major. I can’t say I’m surprised. My people have learned to expect this from the Confederation, I had thought the Colonel would be different. It is clear I was wrong. Good day.” His voice remained controlled, flat and near-monotone throughout. With another sigh, he pulled out a few delicate-looking tools from his uniform and hunched over the shotgun again.

OOC: Ameli is normally the nice one. I swear.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC:
I have a feeling I will regret this, and that I am not the Luke Skywalker of the story, but okay...

[/standsclosetotheedge]

IC:
"Would you like to borrow my oxygen hood? It won't be as efficient or... pure... as your mask, but it should help," Errogaven offered warily.

OOC:
To continue on with the Star Wars trend:

"I've got a bad feeling about this"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Nicole turned towards the Vendarian. Since she was only just across the room Nicole quickly walked over.

"I'll let you out as soon as I can, but before I can do that I have to be sure you're alright. You came in here because you inhaled gasses you thought might be toxic. If that is the case than it's best to treat you now before it gets worse."

IC:

Passive aggressive's strong with this one, eh? Space him, or do not. There is no demotion. Chastain's mouth quirked and Daniels looked at her through the corners of his eyes; they crinkled softly. Sophie's mouth settled.

"Clearly there's a cultural divide here," she began, with the attempted diplomacy of a woman who had spent her formative years trying to explain to angry tourists the subtleties of the food truck business, "and we discussed all forms of punishment for Lieutenant Skinter that we felt appropriate. In the end, we considered his merit to the crew, his past record, and his offense, and this demotion is what's best." She almost added Sorry it didn't work out or That's the way the cookie crumbles, but the last thing she wanted was to have to deal with a Vendarian tantrum on top of all the walking frayed nerves that already packed the Kestrel fit to burst.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Devas)

“Your line of thinking was made clear to me by Major Daniels. Is there anything else I can do for you m’am?” Devas looked up from his tinkering with the weapon for brief moment as he spoke, though his voice remained flat and controlled with just the barest trace of utter disinterest.

IC (Ameli)

“Well, gee, let’s see, no trouble breathing, no blood pouring from every orifice, not even any abdominal discomfort. I’d say I’m just fine.” Ameli just wanted to get back to her office, pull on her mask and forget this ever happened. She’d die of embarrassment otherwise.

IC:

"You could always put some shackles on the deadpan sass. It's kind of my specialization. Major, I think the debrief's about run its course. I'm going to go sniff out a beignet. Interested? We'll see if Walker wants to come along when she's all wrapped up. I'm sure if there's enough beignets for one, there's enough for all."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Devas)

Devas ignored the Chastain’s reply and refocused on the Vendarian pattern shotgun before him. There were some small problems with the weapon that needed fixing before he was comfortable putting it in the hands of non-combat engineers, even in a dire situation. The recoil tended to be a bit much for anyone who hadn’t trained with it, for instance.

Edited by Basilisk

IC [Dorian]

The voice reemerged, slightly less panicked. Ok so I think I patched things up, should stay put for a while. Now... The agent appeared in 'physical' form again, raising an eyebrow. "Ok, personality death has been averted and your brain is slightly less overwhelmed. I think the yarn is helping."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Estelle

"Heh... Well I hope you like it. I'll bring it as soon as I can, okay?" Major Walker asked with a soft smile, her eyes showing different emotions. The bright emerald pools were filled with worry and sadness for the young woman.

With luck and science... And maybe some yarn, she'd be okay.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Kenshin Harken

IC: The former holder of his position. Transfers of power like this always held friction, it just so happened to be Kenshin's job to prevent anything from happening as a result. Raising his hand towards Andromeda in an unspoken request to wait, Harken stepped to wards his until-recently boss.

"Lieutenant, I see that you got the news. Let me just tell you that I had no desire for this position. I was content with where I was and will be happy to return to my former rank when this trip is over."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Ashley

Does that mean your TIA friends could remove you from my head completely? Having all of Dorian's memories pretty much gave her the answer, but she asked the question anyway. Cause we both know that they will be less than thrilled that I know...well pretty much everything you do.

"I can't wait!" Ashley beamed to Estelle, trying not to let her inner conversation distract her from the real world, it was hard to focus on two conversations at once. And yes the yarn is helping. ._.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dorian]

"They'll come eventually, but we're going be out in space for... six months, probably more? We'll figure that out when it comes time. I think my former self will have bigger problems to deal with." The agent looked himself over for the first time. "I don't know how your brain is managing to do it but it's somehow animating both your actual tail and your imaginary one. It's starting to get slightly annoying, being a personality with fully simulated sensations."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

"Such thoughts are dangerous; I refuse to have anything to do with them." The agent's projection began to pace. "I don't even think it's been half an hour since I went from an esteemed agent to being partially fused to mind that spends half of its time contemplating... cat things. I can't think straight and I can feel my graduate degree fading away, probably being archived somewhere in your head for later. And I just can't stop feeling so d*** perky."

voidstars.png

IC: Estelle

Estelle raised an eyebrow as she looked at Ashley curiously, who was stroking her tail oddly. "Okay... Well I'm going to go now.. because you're doing some weird tail stuff and it's a bit odd ... I'll come back later." She said with an awkward smile and moved to walk out of the medbay.

IC: Nicole looked at the Vendarian. Letting her go was against her better judgement, but she could also see that this patient was not exactly going to co-operate. She sighed, wondering why the Vendarian even bothered to come to the medbay if she was so confident that she was fine.

"Alright," Nicole said. "I'll let you go for now, but if you did inhale toxic gasses there could be delayed effects. if you feel anything, and I mean anything you get back here right away, and if you really must you can wear your gas mask when you come back. Understand?"

While waiting for an answer, Nicole turned back towards the commotion across the room. The patient was playing with a ball of yarn and her tail. She wouldn't admit it publicly but the whole thing disgusted her. She always wondered what self-respecting human would graft parts of other animals to themselves like that. She turned back toward the Vendarian.

Ashley waved goodbye to Estelle before focus back on Dorian. Ohhh yeah that graduate degree could come in handy! And all that stuff you know about psionics too...maybe I can figure out how to make a ball of yarn float with my mind...

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC [Dorian]

"What a horrifying thought." The pacing continued. "I'm also having difficulty focusing on anything for long; I can't decide if it's genetically engineered or just how you are. What's worse, I can't even make proper insults anymore without feeling sorry for it. What about my vast reservoir of snark? What am I suppose to do with that? My training in political science, gone to waste."

voidstars.png

IC (Ameli)

Ameli sighed and made a concentrated effort to control herself. “I….am…sorry for my behavior…but…how do I explain this? How would you react if you were stripped down to your skivvies in front of everyone? That’s how I’m feeling right now. Do you have anything I could…wear?” She wasn’t going to wear something the aliens had crafted, she didn’t trust alien work, who knew what kind of traps they could hide in them?

IC: Nicole thought for a moment. Gas masks were not normally something found in a medbay, and she was not sure where else one could find them on the ship. Finally, she thought of one thing. It wasn't much but it was something.

"We should have some surgical masks here," Nicole suggested.

IC [Dorian]

Mumbling something unintelligible, the agent turned to the wall monitors, analyzing them and trying to make sense of them. "Turn your head a bit, would you? Ah, there we go. So these readings are saying your brain is functioning pretty normal. Stabilized pretty fast. Means you shouldn't start a nose bleed, at anyrate."

voidstars.png

"Well that's good, cause nosebleeds are awful!" Ashley blinked, realising she'd actually said that outloud. Whoops...everyone will think I'm crazy if I keep doing that....

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC [Dorian]

"Ahem." Dorian raised an eyebrow. "Well, now to the practical concerns; namely, the sheer boredom of sitting around in your head waiting for something to happen."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"Your commander just gave you a giant ball of yarn, though I'm not sure how entertaining that'd be for me, even in my current state of being, considering that I can't actually do anything."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"I'm having traumatic flashbacks from twenty minutes ago."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"Being you is very detrimental to my health. Besides, I don't think the universe could quite handle two of you in close proximity. Singularity might form from the cheerfulness."

voidstars.png

IC: Andromeda

Woman turned to Harken's subordinate who just addressed him. In the voice of this male were notes of disappointment and disagreement. Captain made the things clearer when he answered to the black-haired man with Lieutenant's badges. It appears, this one made something wrong during the operation on slaver ship. She looked at the others. Major Walker already left her pilot to rest. Ashley was in a good condition for a human, but now and then she was saying something ridiculous and illogical out loud. Probably, she was communicating with a TIA agent in her head and had an imperfect control over her thoughts. However, with feline genes it's not something that will come unexpected.

While Harken was still busy with Lieutenant Skinter, Zoltan hovered towards medical bed near Ashley's. She didn't need to sleep or sit or lay down, but she felt like sitting and tidy up her thoughts. Also she needed to calm down. Fear and irritation is a bad mixture, and neither could get away easily. She heard that humans do some weird breathing gymnastics in that case, but Andromeda was not able to breathe.

So she sat on the corner of the bed that was next after Ashley's and closed her eyes, communing with her energy streams.

Edited by The Mugbearer