RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

OOC
Recton'd.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Ashley 

Ashley's cheeks were puffed up as she tried to chew way more fish then someone should ever put in their mouth, she swallowed, and it was gone! 

"You shouldn't eat strange gumbo you just met." She went back to eating her fish again. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Kestrel / Deck 3 / Mess hall

"Did you know what it was, where it came from, and what it'd do to you, when you decided to eat it?"

IC Vincent

"I'm not at all familiar with the food outside of Northern China, but I think it came from the southeastern USA. It was rice with some sort of meat and gravy poured on top of it; I think it's called gumbo." Vincent held in another burp. "I ate it around midmorning today. I skipped breakfast, so I was really hungry, so I ate the first thing in sight, which was that." Deep breath in, deep breath out. "It's been giving me a lot of gas since then."

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

"I think Souper's cranky again." The Weapons Officer stage whispered to Estelle from behind his hand, failing (Though it's unlikely he was actually trying) to disguise the grin on his face as he did. Wil scratched Spot behind the ears as the dog munched on his kale steak, waiting for Vincent to move away before stepping up, and turning to the Flight Commander again.

"So Major, we have a very important tactical decision." He began with faux-seriouness, stifling a laugh. "What do we want for our food?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ic:

"With respect Vincent, take your gas someplace else. Nobody wants it."

Rehn's entrance into the mess hall went largely unnoticed, as did her existence... Well, someone noticed. Someone who was having her ears scratched with one of rehn's hands.

"Hey ash, finished working on your fighter," she said with a soft smile, before taking another swig of the drink that she had been given.

Ashley paused her eating as Rehn began to scratch her ears. It felt soooooo good. "Heyyyy Rehnnn...." She said blissfully, she started to purr as it became harder to think about much besides the scratching. She leaned into Rehn. 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

"Yep, Souper gave me four different kinds of fish! Well...one of them is Xillenese Pseudo-fish...but that's close enough!" Ashley paused as she sniffed a bit, a rather strong smell was coming from Rehn, then she noticed the drink in her hand. 

"Have you been drinking?" 

"..." Ashley got up and out of her chair and knelt down to check on Rehn. "Your mind is very, very fuzzy...definitely drunk...maybe I should take you back to your room..." She grasped Rehn's arm and hoisted her up to her feet. 

Ic:

"I'm not- ...Vincent, this is your fault for not fixing the gravity micro-telometrimonator enhancement doohickeys..."

As Ashley began to drag rehn away, the can that she had, for the most part, held onto fell onto the floor, what little alcohol inside beginning to spill onto the floor.

Souper would not be happy.

Ashley dragged Rehn down the hall, she felt bad for not completing Roland's tour, but she figured he'd probably be in the mess hall a while, not having eaten in five years. She could always finish the tour later. Right now she needed to take care of Rehn. 

"It's a good thing you're off duty, otherwise you might of gotten into trouble." She remarked as they came toward Rehn's room. 

Ic:

"You... But not-"

And that's when Rehn finally broke down. Because ultimately, who really was she? She had a life planned out for her... And then she inadvertently caused her people to go out like a candle in the dark, howling night. And after that, she had been thrown into a mad scrabble to try to make something out of herself, somehow ending up on this ship... Everything happening beyond what she could even remotely control... Or at least, that's what it seemed like to her.

In the arms of the one person she could ever say that she loved, Rehn felt as helpless as she had on the day she tried to escape the mess that yubokun had become.

Ashley wordlessly picked up Rehn in a bridal carry, the catgirl was surprisingly strong for her size. It also helped that should could use her psionics to make it easier to carry her. She started walking towards her room. 

"Listen Rehn, you're needed here, and not just by me. Everyone on this ship is important. You're an engineer, without people like you this ship would fall apart in a matter of days!" 

Ashley let out a soothing shush, rocking Rehn a little as they approached the door to Rehn's bunk. Using her psonics she opened the door telekinetically so she wouldn't have to put Rehn down. Once they were inside, Ashley placed the drunk engineer on her bed gently before laying down next to her and holding her.  

IC (Devas)

Meanwhile, in one of the engine rooms, Devas was tinkering with a perfectly functional part of the crystal generation systems. Just because something works, didn't mean it couldn't work *better*. The fact he had not eaten in twelve hours had thus far, gone unregistered. 

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"It's okay...we all feel like that sometimes...but it will get better, I promise..." Ashley wasn't even kidding, she was struggling not to start sobbing herself. Being as empathic as she was, both in personality and power, it was getting hard not to become overwhelmed by Rehn's emotions. 

Ic:

The engineer sobbed for a few moments more, before crudely wiping away her tears and hugging Ashley tightly. Between her soft mutterings of "thank you Ashley", the catgirl could "hear" the thoughts rehn had just been thinking drifting into the back of her mind, where she kept all her other doubts and fears.

Right where the thoughts belonged.

IC

"Hmmm...." She thought as she grabbed Will's hand before smiling. "How about some good old fashioned sandwiches? That's the perfect picnic food." The pink haired flight commander mused as she looked at Will.

IC:

"Sounds fantastic to me. As long as you don't try to make me eat mayonnaise. Devil's work, to put that on a sandwich." William made a comical grimace, before breaking into a grin again, giving her hand an affectionate squeeze. Raising his voice, he addressed the entity in charge of creating and supplying such materials; the most fearsome chef this side of the Milky Way.

"Souper, could you make us some sandwiches? I like just about anything, so long as onions and tomatoes are a present topping." A pause, and another look to Estelle. "What would you like? I rather suspect Ashley's cleared the place out of anything even resembling a fish or a bird, but there should be something left."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Souper Saladd

So they wanted some sandwiches.  They would get their human sandwiches soon enough.  Nodding as they ordered whatever they seemed to want, sans whatever they didn't want, Souper got to work quickly.  Within a few moments, the slug chef handed Estelle a pair of Pork, onions, and lettuce sandwiches and gave William a pair of bacon, lettuce, onions, and tomato sandwiches. It seemed that they were going to go about this all day, so xhe made them without waiting for Estele to say what she wanted in particular because xhe felt especially bored today.

IC:

"Faaaan-tastic." The Weapons Officer said enthusiastically as he glanced over the innards of his sandwiches, grinning as he looked back to Souper and gave the slug chef a thumbs up. Retreating from the counter a few steps to let any other crew member that needed to approach do so, he pivoted in place to face his compatriot.

"So, flight deck, wasn't it?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IC Vincent

Vincent had left the table, not giving thought to the propriety of leaving a conversation unannounced, and headed to the engine room. Whistling to himself, he entered the room and looked around. Apparently one of the generation systems needed calibrating-oh wait, Devas was taking care of that. Continuing to whistle, he walked around some more, looking for things that could be optimized.