RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Ashley

The sounds of the mantis were getting louder, and more intense. Even as Ashley continued to make her way away from the scene, the feeling of absolute dread was only growing stronger.

Then the mantis rounded the corner, two of which were armed and started laying down suppressing fire. The bullets flew down the corridor, one stray bullet whized right past Ashley's ear, close enough that she felt it fly past her. Her immediate and rather involuntary reaction was to drop completely onto the floor. As she was doing so she twisted her body so she was on her back, her coat and skin skitting across the floor. She raised her weapon, pointed at one of the armed mantis and began to unload her weapon as she aimed at it's head, letting out a cry as she did so.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Estelle

"Landes! Get back under cover!" She called out as she dropped down a pillar, shooting at one of the other armed mantis to give her subordinate cover. This was bad. But what worried her was where the other mantis were in the facility.

"Daniels, this can't be all of these !" She yelled out as she continued to fire. No. She had known well enough from flying above them that they usually attacked in bigger groups that split up. She hope this wasn't the case.

IC:

Zhanar's first hint that the fighters were even present was when one started shooting at him, so of course he had no idea where the shots were coming from or why they had chosen to fire at him rather than an actual target. So, with a thought of "I'm too rich to die!" running through his head, Zhanar began running in a rough zig-zag pattern towards a conveniently nearby defense gun, hoping that the thicker fire would dissuade whoever his attacker might be, as he had no idea there were fighters nearby and no way to know where the shots were coming from.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC -- Francis

Ordinarily, when in a bit of a rush, Francis would use his telekinetic abilities to push himself along faster. This was not feasible while suspending eighteen jars in the air, small as they were. Francis rounded a corner and saw four mantes bearing down on Daniels. He sent the officer a quick, telepathic warning not to shoot the two slimy beings approaching from his flank. Then, without breaking the closest thing slugs had to a "stride", he followed up by rocketing one jar of slick and two filled with irritant straight at skittering foes...

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

IC:

"I had the same thought, Walker!"

William replied, ducking out of cover just in time to see one of the charging Mantis bearing down on him, its comrade just behind. In mere moments it had closed to melee range, taking a wide swipe, clearly aiming to cut him from shoulder to sternum. Fortunately, it didn't quite get the chance; He was just barely quick enough to move back, the claw still tracing a long, long cut down his chest. It hurt like the devil, but it was, primarily, superficial. He jumped back again as a few jars impacted against the creatures, tripping them up and, by the look of it, causing some pretty extreme irritation. Backpedaling, he squeezed off a single shot, crippling the one that had attacked him with a shot just below the head.

The other melee Mantis, thankfully, was still not back on its feet, leaving him enough time to put some distance between them.

Further back, one of the armed Mantis let out a dying screech. It had't been clean, but the onslaught Ashley had opted to unleash, accompanied by Estelle's more conservative shots, had mortally wounded it, in addition to causing no small amount of damage to its eyes. Its counterpart, savage not suicidal, ducked into cover, but not before taking the time to send a carefully lined up shot at Ashley, aiming for her chest. The angle, nor the circumstance, was not conducive to a clean shot, but that didn't minimize the risk.

But while the number of Mantis in front of them was beginning to decline, another disturbing sound began to be heard.

Insectile chattering to the sides and behind them, just a corridor or so over.

"Harken, Devas, that evac would really be appreciated any time now."

The fighters momentarily scattered to avoid the gun battery, but they soon looped around, concentrating fire on the defenses. Ot was currently a stalemate, but not one likely to last long.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

As Ashley heard the dying screech of the mantis she felt a surprising mix of emotions, relief that the mantis was no longer shooting at her, and horror that she had just ended a life. Mostly however she was now hearing Estelle's order to get under cover, which seemed like a good idea.

As she began to move forward to get behind better cover she felt a sudden sharp pain in the left side of her torso. It felt incredibly sharp and hot, as if it was burning. She cried out in shock as she began to realise she'd been hit. The pain threatened to paralyze her right there, but she knew if she didn't move she was good as dead. Biting her lower lip she forced herself to move in a crawl toward Estelle and the pillar she was behind. The pain was agonizing and made her move slower than she wanted, every bit of movement aggravating the wound further. She had to keep trying though...she didn't want to die like this...she just had to get to Estelle.

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - Galaxy's End

" it." grunted the privateer calmly. His revolver swung up, leveled, shuddered in his hand as he fired, once, twice, efficiently punching 9mm armor-piercing rounds through both nearby Mantis's vitals, finishing them both. Gunsmoke curled in the air, mingling with the hot tang of Ashley's blood and the muffled click-click of nearby insectoid movements in the adjoining corridors, clearly audible even through several inches of wall.

" it all."

Keeping his back to the relative center of the group, shielding his teammates with his massive body, Wulf dropped to one knee in a gunman's stance and steadied his sidearm, covering the now-lifeless corridor they'd just come through. "Someone, watch the other way. Someone else, tend to the cat-girl. I've got this."

Maybe it wasn't his place to be giving orders, even informal ones, but he didn't think of that. He just saw what needed done, from his not-inexperienced viewpoint, and let his comrades know what to do as best he could.

IC (Ameli)

Ameli fought silently, dropping one Mantis with a spray of fire from her weapon and then efficiently shifting her aim to the closest bugger. Her movements were calm, controlled and utterly focused on spewing as much molten death as was humanly possible in the direction of the various insectoid horrors closing in on their position. Things were going to go badly for them if help didn’t arrive; she noted and then discarded that fact as useless. No point in worrying about it now, help would come or it wouldn’t.

At the pirate’s shouted command, Ameli reacted more or less automatically. She’d seen what could happen to open wounded on a battlefield and whilst jungle rot wasn’t a threat here, who knew what kind of pathogens could be floating around in this station? Heck, not to mention the cat’s joy-modding could have really screwed her immune systems…

Without a word Ameli backpedalled and dropped to one knee next to the gene deviant. Methodically, coldly, she tore off a part of her uniform to use as a makeshift bandage. Tie it tight enough and it might stop the bleeding, depending on the wound…

IC (Devas)

Devas leaped into the driver’s chair and without a word, gunned the engine. “Right. We’re on our way.”

OOC:

Like I said, lack of inspiration. That Devas IC? I’m ashamed of it. Felt like if I was making an Ameli IC, I had to make a Devas one. Might edit it.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Ambassador, in the future, stay with the group, it really goes a long way towards improving your life expectancy. Stay put and we'll grab you." When the door shattered, the Colonel pried her sword out the instant before, using it to skewer the first Mantis that came through. Giving it a shove she pushed the remaining Mantis behind it down the stairs, hopefully delaying them for a moment more. "Ascending to deck two now. Devas, now would be a perfect time to make an appearance."

IC: Geburah

"Ah, okay." The Zoltan remained where he was, covering the end of the hallway, listening for any suspicious noises.

IC -- Francis

Francis slid to a stop alongside Daniels. He wasn't picking up any extreme neural patterns and so assumed that his injury must look worse than it actually was. "Easy there, cowboy," he said as he offered his arm. "You know, there are slugs whose psionic powers are honed to the practice of encouraging blood clotting. Unfortunately for you, I am not one of them."

He turned his head to speak to the gargantuan man in their midst. "Nice shooting there.....Wulf Kharon."

Francis set the jars down carefully and concentrated his telekinesis on removing Roberto's leash. After tucking the rock into his coat he tossed the leash over to Ameli. "See if that helps any."

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

-- Willy Wonka

Kenshin Harken

IC: The drive to the central elevator was quiet, as of yet no Mantis had reached their level and most of the survivors had already made it to their ships. None the less, Harken kept a sharp eye out for any hostile movement. Lucky for them, the elevator had been designed for large amounts of cargo to be moved in, so the half track fit just fine.

As the elevator made its way down, Kenshin took a deep breath and cleared his mind of any distractions that might have distracted him from his mission.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Souper Saladd

Well at this point it seemed that this slug was mostly here for the ride. Sure, Souper could go hide and go play the human Rambo as a slug, but that wasn't what was on call today. No, as the chef xhe had a very important thing to deal with and that thing was making sure that the crew had enough food to survive the way to the next stop. This was the last place xhe'd be able to get any human centric food for the humans, so Souper was extra careful to hoist it around in a manner that would allow the slug to not drop it on the ground. It must weigh 50 pounds despite that at this point, because it was starting to get heavy. Perhaps he'd gotten some herbs to help.

"Do humans perhaps consume this drug I bought for accidental cutting of self for painkiller?" Souper asked, holding out a bottle of Ibuprofen. Sure, Souper wasn't sure it would work on a slug, but xhe'd figure that out when xhe got to a doctor. It was human medicine, not that they'd have slug medicine all the way out here. While they were still away from the mantis, Souper determined that he got something at the right time, perhaps. Thank the many ancestors for coincidental buying of things.

Estelle didn't need Wulf's command to help Ashley. She immediately dove to her, staying low as she could. The flight commander wrapped Ashley's arm around her own neck and, making sure that she was between Ashley and whatever bullets would be aiming at her, began to drag her back to the pillar.

"Where did you get hit?" She asked calmly as they reached the pillar, using all her power to refrain from screaming in rage at the mantis in order to calm Ashley.

Ashley couldn't stop herself from trembling as she found people quickly swarm around her. She saw Ameli kneeling down by her and began to tear at her shirt, around the same moment she felt someone take her arm and start to drag her toward the pillar, she looked up to see Estelle, asking her where she got hit...

So far all Ashley had been using her breath for was stuttered gasps of pain and sharp cries, she knew bullets were supposed to hurt, but this was ridiculous. Quickly she looked down at herself, she was under so much shock she took a minute to remember where she'd been hit.

"Left...left side...." Ashley began, "...above my hip..."

"It's going to be alright." She said firmly as they finally reached the pillar. She inspected the cloth that Ameli had cut off of her shirt and then to her own suit. The fabric to her own suit was tight and would work well to hold the other cloth in place.

She pulled out he saber and began to cut off the arm arm of her suit and more to enable it to go around her body. She then held her hand out to Ameli. "I need that part of your shirt."

OOC: Zhangku, I had a bit of difficulty figuring out exactly who Souper was talking to, so I apologize if I misunderstood. :P

IC:

Daniels' teeth were clenched as he took a few steps back, less from pain than from growing tension. One teammate was down, the Mantis' actions were now clear to understand, their evac had yet to arrive, and he himself had just passed within literal centimeters of his own death. Normally, that would have bothered him, but with the adrenaline-fueled fight-or-flight response fully engaged, it was barely registering. There was no time to deal with what might have been, only time to deal with what still might be.

"I'd love to do that, Francis, but I'm afraid we're not near in the clear yet." Ignoring the slow, steady bleeding from the long cut, he swung out the cylinder on his revolver, loading the once-empty chambers with fresh rounds. Moments later he swung it shut again, priming it to fire.

"Wulf, keep doing what you're doing. They'll come down that corridor soon." He turned the opposite direction, taking a few swift strides down the path. "Walker, keep Landes behind that pillar. You too. Keep her safe. Everyone else, either help Ameli and Walker, or get ready."

He stepped behind a bit of cover, eyes fixed down the hall. The Mantis' movements were clearly audible now; They skittering steps could be heard from all directions, the sound of impending enmity.

"They've encircled us. We're stuck here until our evac gets here."

Or we're dead. He added silently to himself.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC -- Francis

Francis gave Souper a quick look over. "You're not even carrying a weapon, are you?" He looked around and saw the two firearms that had been used by the now-dead mantes. As he pulled them over with his telekinesis he approached the nearest fallen enemy. He lifted one arm and momentarily studied the sharp, scythe-like appendage. "Your loss..." Francis cut the end off with an arm blade. "...our gain. Sucker." He tossed the removed appendage and one of the guns at the floor in front of Souper. "Consider yourself armed."

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

-- Willy Wonka

IC -- Francis

He turned his head to speak to the gargantuan man in their midst. "Nice shooting there.....Wulf Kharon."

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - Galaxy's End

The privateer merely grunted in response, not even bothering to wonder how the Slug knew his name. Slugs were... gifted, that way. They picked up on things that a lot of people didn't, whether through natural alertness or psychic prying or a bit of both, he didn't know and didn't care. Slugs were good folk to have around, especially if they were the sort who enjoyed a friendly game of cards. Played for money, of course.

Double-checking the action on his revolver, tawny eyes intent and alert, Wulf Kharon readied himself to blow a great smoking hole through whatever ugly triangular skull might recklessly choose to poke itself into his field of fire. Let them come; he'd drill the first one for sure.

IC: Souper Saladd

Not even picking up the gun, xhe rolled his eyes and showed the other slug their ray gun, "I am armed already, in case you did not notice the potshots I was doing earlier while you were throwing those jars of painful mixtures." the chef said as he yawned and readied himself to fire immediately at whatever Mantis that wasn't one of them came over the ridge next into sight. For now the slugperson was armed and dangerous. Unless the slugperson was disarmed somehow. Putting the medicine he'd held out away, his query was more towards anyone who needed it, but for now it seemed that was not a reasonable option. They could be killed in the middle of the transfer after all. Breathing in carefully, xhe focused as hard as xhe ever had in their life when it came to mental capacities and managed to do something that the slug had never been able to do. One of the nearby carts, not the one that xhe'd been focusing on, surged directly towards them and stopped right in front of the slug, to be used as cover, "...I hate how my mind works" was all that xhe said as he hoped that they'd get it.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Ok folks, just remember." The Colonel's group had made their way up the stairs, blocking the door behind them as they came out to the ever-continuing cluster###### going down on deck two. "You're probably going make it out of this. You may lose a few limbs in the process, but they don't outnumber us too bad." The Colonel glanced anxiously to the nearby cargo elevator. "The speed of those things do leave something to be desired." Really, at a time like this, the Colonel felt like one of those anti-personnel robots would be great. Truck it in, let it loose... so much time and effort would be saved. Should pick one up later. Opening her comms, she tuned to Daniels'. "Major, I'm estimating... thirty seconds more for the half-track. I'm going try to go around and distract them from your group." Walking to a nearby stall, filled with guns of all sorts, the woman tinkered with them for a moment, then sighed when the clip popped out and was empty. "Is it too much to ask for gun dealers to keep their weapons loaded? Safety standards be ######, Mantis could invade at any time." She turned to Taylor. "Hope you're a good shot with that pistol of yours, otherwise we're going be getting awfully close to those Mantis."

Edited by -Windrider-

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Ameli)

Without a word, the Vendarian handed Estelle the indicated portion of her uniform. She had spares tucked away along with a repair kit, one hardly expected to come out of combat with nary a blemish on their uniform after all.

IC (Devas)

The ride down to what could only be described as a hive of anarchy, slaughter and madness could only be described as tedious. Devas was silent in his seat, shifting slightly now and then and fingering his necklace on occasion. Now and then a dull scrapping sound, likely from a faulty mechanical part or some such, broke up the monotony on occasion.

The ride seemed to drag on, and on, as it always did before one marched against the enemy. From the days when it was a charge across an open plain with a sword, to the tense hours before a bombing mission, that one truism had not changed for many soldiers. The waiting was the worst.

Then the elevator ground to a halt. Devas tensed, his hands tightening on the controls. The doors began to open…

OOC: No idea if I should describe the situation down there or not. Leaving it open for the GM, if no one has any plans however..

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [The Universe]

The doors opened with a simple ding sound, and amongst the chaos, it was largely forgotten. As the vehicle creeped forward, though, Mantis started to take note. They didn't know what to make of it; an armored transport, in a space station? Why would that even be a thing? The ones armed with more than their claws fired upon it, but the supermetal that made up its armor proved impervious to simple plasma shots. Even a scattered kinetic round bounced right off. Its presence, once spotted, was enough to quiet the den of creatures, all united in wondering what exactly they were going do. For a few sacred seconds, the station was filled with quiet background humming.

Then the Vendarian shifted the vehicle into gear.

Edited by Strategist Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Suggested listening: Hellrider by Sabaton.

IC (Devas)

For a moment the armored vehicle stood silently, bullets and plasma rounds assailing its formidable armor with all the effectiveness of a scuttling spider proclaiming a challenge to a raging tornado. Then the vehicle roared to life, the scream of its engines rising to match the primal cry of its driver. The Mantis were fast, they were very fast. Most of them were not fast enough. The vehicle roared into their lines, crushing several beneath its bulk. Chitin, blood and other less identifiable substances coated the front of the vehicle, with some of the splatter flying up to stain the hood. One of the Mantis, perhaps their equivalent of a sergeant, Devas couldn’t really tell with the buggers-chittered something in its monstrous language as the insects sought cover against the angry metal titan that had hurled itself into their forces with wild abandon.

Whatever it’s orders were, they didn’t have much of an effect. Mantis after Mantis, obstacle after obstacle rose against the half-track and were batted aside with what could only be described as disinterested contempt as the vehicle continued it’s one half-track blitz towards the position of the besieged crewmembers.
Edited by Basilisk

Kenshin Harken

IC: The Mantis who fired had aimed at the main body of the vehicle, none had noticed the figured in powered armor holding a very large gun and standing out of one of the upper windows.

That was about to change.

A hail of plasma bolts flew out from the halftrack. Slamming in to Mantis, sending limbs and other body parts flying with each hit. Any that were missed by the vehicle itself were dealt a superheated death via supersonic bolts of super heated death. While it may have looked like a flood of bolts, ever burst was aimed at a specific target, Kenshin's training was too good for him to resort to simple spray'and'pray.

As he fired Harken let loose a shout that his helmet's speakers turned in to the echoing bellow of some great beast.

"Come and meet your doom you overgrown bugs!"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

As Estelle prepared the bandages, Ashley was struggling to keep herself from blacking out, her vision blurred more than once. Estelle tried to reassure her that everything would be okay, and Ashley wanted to believe that, it was difficult though when you were writhing in pain and the sounds of buzzing mantis loomed closer and closer from all directions.

"LANDES!" Estelle called out at her, her face in a scowl in attempt to hide her worry. "You stay with me now! That's an order! We will get you on that half track and onto the ship! So you have to stay awake!"

OOC: We knew you were gonna suggest Sabaton...

IC:

Can, who had tapped into Harken's mission camera and was watching the view projected as a hologram to his side, had to nod in approval; most of his attention was on the airlock, of course, as any moment a Mantis could come chittering down it, forcing him to use the six-shot plasma revolver in his hand, and hopefully not engage them in a swordfight.

IC:

Zhanar, meanwhile, had decided that the cluster of defense guns he was under wasn't a very safe place to be, and, after a brief look around, spotted a maintenance hatch. He dove through it, finding himself in an airlock, and then stepped through the second door of the lock...

To find an armored APC streaming plasma machine gun fire at a horde of Mantis, among other shots flying through the air. Zhanar said a simple "nope" and then phased back into the airlock.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Geist fingered the strap of his "Sword-Gun" with much nervous tension. His immediate reaction had been to cut and run, but reason had won out over him. Regardless of his inability to hand over his credentials, he was part of a crew now. The formalities could be handled later, all that mattered was that abandoning wasn't an option. From the start after making his decision, Geist had silently but intently followed Colonel Ojeda and her every order. Which lead them to the current breathing room situation.

The empty gun rack was distressing, but an unarmed superior fighter was more distressing, Geist finally reasoned.

Geist unclipped the strap of the rifle and strode quietly over to Colonel Ojeda, and with a disgruntled thrum, offered the gun to her, at first, only physically. After a moment, he stated "Colonel, I imagine weaponry would be better suited in your hands in this situation. Seeing as how we've come across none, I offer you my own for the time being."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"No worries, I do better with my own." The Colonel picked up a dented metal plate, having fallen off the ceiling to reveal a variety of wires and pipes and whatnot. After deciding straps wouldn't quite work on it, she looked at the group, then at the halftrack plowing along. "Alright folks, now that our ride is here, I think it'd be a good time to catch up with them. Can't be too many Mantis left, after all that crunching and shooting."

With that, she broke into a sprint, running through the charred bodies Harken's gun had left behind, rather expecting the rest of the group to keep up. She hoped they could, didn't know how fast Zoltan... floated. Slugs could be speedy, though, she knew that for a fact. Brought back memories... ones not exactly worth dwelling on for the moment.

voidstars.png

IC:

Daniels didn't bother commenting. There wasn't really a point; He could hear the half-track coming, crunching over insects as it came. Just barely adible over the noise was a certain screaming field specialist and the sound of raining plasma bolts. It wasn't long before the vehicle was actually in sight, and the sound of scuttering legs could be heard all around, though not in advance. The Mantis were savage berserkers, but they weren't suicidally so; Even in the haze of their blood lust they knew better than to attack a vehicle that had just effortlessly pushed through their comrades.

Slowly, Will inched his way out from behind cover, revolver at the ready. "Walker, we need to get Landes loaded. Can you and Amelli lift her?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Estelle's sudden outburst managed to startle Ashley enough to keep her awake, at least for a little longer. She hyperventilated as she tried to cope with the pain, her ears were ringing and she felt lightheaded from the blood loss, she looked at Estelle with a pained and confused expression.

"How long...has it been...." For Ashley it felt like they'd been waiting for hours for a rescue, she just wanted the pain to stop.

"Don't worry about that. Just focus on getting out, which will be soon." She gently held Ashley's hand as she guarded her behind the pillar. "You'll get out of here, we all will."

She turned to William and nodded. "Ameli, grab her legs, I'll get her top half."

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

It had taken a bit of time for Ojeda to catch up with the half-track, she wasn't quite as in shape as she once was, and of course had to make sure her posse was keeping up, but eventually they got to the scene, the half-track parked as Harken kept suppressing fire going. Most of the Mantis had fled in sheer terror, a strange metal man in a half-track being too much for their wills. Doing a quick overview of the situation, and motioning her group into the half-track, she turned to look at the injured fighter pilot, taking quick stock. Pulling out another tube of medical nanites (her last), she struck it into the enlisted, the goo quickly spreading over the bullet wound. It'd keep the blood loss down, but it wouldn't help with the shock. Motioning to the two Majors, the Colonel picked the fallen spacewoman up herself, exhibiting odd strength for someone with a bad arm. Maybe it was the adrenaline, maybe the pilot was just really rather light. At any rate, she carried the body in, setting the pilot down on a cot and securing her in. Having medical cots in the half-track was really paying off.

After she made sure everyone had gotten into the half-track, she punched the door control, closing it right about when the Mantis finally realized what was going on, running at the vehicle with renewed hate. The armor didn't really mind the Mantis claws, though, and the half-track could finally get underway.

Edited by Strategist Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC:

Zhanar, who had not seen any of this, as he was behind a heavy steel door, did actually realize that his situation was not likely to improve, as he was trapped between two heavy steel doors with no way out except through the Mantis. So, deciding it was his best course of action, he threw the door open with a slam, yelled "LLlllaaaadies!" at the top of his lungs, and sent a brief burst of FTL radiation towards the nearest Mantis, before starting a sprint for the half-track.

-Rover

Ashley grimaced as the tube of nanites was spread across her wound. As the Colonel lifted her up she felt jolted from the sudden movement, she groaned as she was set down on the medical cot, any movement aggravated her wound, no matter how gentle it was, and no one really had time to be gentle right now.

Ashley wasn't sure where she was, and she didn't really care, she knew it was safer than where she'd been. Her mind was largely focused on the pain she was in and not much else, all her senses were foggy and it was becoming increasingly hard to think.

"Please...make it stop..." She said in a sob.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Stay awake; that's the important thing right now." The Colonel popped open a compartment, shifting through the syringes until she found the right one. Giving the pilot a look of pity first, she quickly pushed it into the spacewoman's neck, letting the medicine in it drain out over the course of a few seconds. It was a powerful pain killer, though the pilot wouldn't be able to walk or think properly for a while. In a more low-tech solution the Colonel also pulled out some smelling salts, one in hand if the pilot should decide it was a good time for a nap.

voidstars.png

She grabbed onto Ashley's hand as the Colonel took care of you. "I'm sorry." She said softly, making sure to squeeze Ashley's hand to keep her up. "Listen to the Colonel. It's an order."

Estelle continued to watch over Ashley, but inside she was crestfallen. She had failed at her only job, to keep her subordinate safe.

The painkiller, being as powerful as it was and being injected directly into her bloodstream, went into effect rather quickly. Strange but pleasant sensations began to flood through Ashley's body as she slowly stopped sobbing. The pain slowly eased away as the sensations began to overpower it.

Of course the side effects came into full force as well, her thought patterns became even more confused and erratic than before, though instead of being in a state of shock and panic she was becoming calm.

"Okay..." She said sluggishly after a good while of silence. "...why can't I sleep..." The tone of her voice make it quite clear she wasn't all there.

Kenshin Harken

IC: The special forces soldier had almost shot Zhanar when he first opened the door, thinking that he was a Mantis. Upon seeing that it was a Zoltan and not one the death bugs swarming the area he turned and hosed down another group that was rushing the armored vehicle he was protecting.

"I would suggest you hurry sir. We don't plan on staying here any longer."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1