Discussion: FTL

Alex Humva

Well, in Nicole's defense, I also do have a bit of backstory which justifies her acting the way she does (and it's not like she doesn't have reason to be confused and frustrated, given she's been pulled out of therapy before she has recovered and assigned to multiple crews without explanation). I've still been trying to figure out the best way to go about revealing the full backstory, although I have dropped a few hints such as the references to her undergoing therapy and I think I might have mentioned once that she was stationed on Gaia (a planet which was the site of a battle that resulted in heavy casualties).

Rockmen aren't going be travelling with the Confederacy; the Federation, perhaps, but not a Confederate fleet.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

The Terran Confederacy and the League of Independent Worlds. Terran Confederacy is the Terran government and the employer of most of the crew on this ship. The League of Independent Worlds is an alliance between Earth's break-away colonies. The Federation is an alliance between the Confederacy, League, Engi, and Zoltan.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Rockmen aren't going be travelling with the Confederacy; the Federation, perhaps, but not a Confederate fleet.

Ah, I was still thinking of the drone engineer, since you never outright said no to it. =P

- :burnmad:

I am rather terrible at following this RPG. Some days, I'll stick to the topic like glue an see nary a single update. Some days, I'll turn my head for a half an hour and suddenly I'll have missed every single drop of the good stuff. I'm gonna have to work on that.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

You need interaction, there's an angry-as-sin Vendarian in the medbay.

She's probably cursing.

Still.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I think I'll take you up on that interaction, Basilisk... Just a soon as Visaru posts and I leave the Slug.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I don't see us getting drones anytime soon, that was more an offhand comment, so I say hold off for the time being.

voidstars.png

Av, you don't RP wrong unless you do something god-moddy or out-of-character (Edit: Bunnying, too, but you didn't know, I guess). Making someone's character upset doesn't mean you made them upset. If a character's and its owner's feelings toward other characters and their owners were tied somehow, Kelezaag would have already killed half the people on this ship. =P

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Dang it, I'm in that awkward situation again. In my last IC I ended by offering Ameli a surgical mask to provide some sort of comfort for the strange embarrassment she feels wandering around without a gas mask and her extensive paranoia despite being in a hospital (last I checked those things were usually supposed to be kept sterile specifically to prevent the spread of germs). I've been waiting for Basilisk to post a response (darn it, the suspense is killing me, will she take the mask? :P ) and I think I'm starting to get a little impatient. I was hoping maybe some of you would have some advice on something I can do in the meantime.

Books, games, homework, these things tend to be a good way to occupy time.

voidstars.png

Wait patiently?

Not everyone has endless time. Bas'll be on later, when he has the time to post. It's only early evening (If that, depending on what timezone you live in), there's plenty of time.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

You think that's an awkward position? Try offering almost the exact same thing a few posts before, and being ignored like you aren't even there.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Alright.

Let me take this as it came.

Atton, I have work and other hobbies, some days I don't post. I get tired, life interferes etc. I don't live or die on this RPG. If you have something to do that cannot wait for two days, just leave the mask on the side of the bed.

Av, if you'd bothered to read the Vendarian profiles you'd know how they feel about aliens. You're lucky he didn't get shot at, really, considering how much they hate aliens. Heck, the chief engineer has outright stated he'll shoot any aliens that come into the engine room.

Sarlacc_NEGAS.jpg

We done here?

Edited by Basilisk
  • Upvote 1

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Still don't get the Sarlacc pit reference. And since it was the character ignoring me, I would at least like some OOC confirmation of that fact so I know that my character is being ignored by your character, not that you are ignoring me. Cause honestly, I don't think I'd be too surprised if that happened.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Alright.

Let me take this as it came.

Sarlacc_NEGAS.jpg

We done here?

Meh. Child's play.

3141399c2ecbe2a18c8a763348d3dfb5.jpg

But yeah just to echo Basilisk's statement. Don't get to worked up if your post doesn't get a replay immediately, a lot of people just don't have the free time to devote. If you feel like your post has been missed, or ignored, wait a few days after posting it and then send a PM to the person in question. More than likely they just haven't had a chance to reply. Life happens, just roll with it. RP-Time is wonky anyway.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

LucasArts declared the expanded universe non-canon, so Fett did in fact get shot by a blind man and then get eaten by a creature that can't even move.

Pet peeve.

Anyway, I'm kind of wondering what to do with Zhanar. I've got to figure out something for him to do...

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

LucasArts declared the expanded universe non-canon, so Fett did in fact get shot by a blind man and then get eaten by a creature that can't even move.

Pet peeve.

I thought he blew his way out of the thing, or something like that...?

He did, in the EU. The EU is now non-canon, as Xom stated.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

Ah. The EU being noncanon.

I have feelings on the matter.

Also an excuse to link to a neat song I found.

Edited by Basilisk

I have feelings on the matter.

KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Also, I like how a Zoltan ignoring the doctor equals ripping cards out of the hands of a mentally distraught girl. :/

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Also, I like how a Zoltan ignoring you equals ripping cards out of the hands of a mentally distraught girl. :/

Well, first off they were all too distracted to notice when Nicole asked nicely.

Second, Nicole has a few mental issues of her own, otherwise she wouldn't have been going through therapy.

Well, first off they were all too distracted to notice when Nicole asked nicely.

Second, Nicole has a few mental issues of her own, otherwise she wouldn't have been going through therapy.

First off you didn't give everyone a chance to respond, you just took action when one of the characters ignored you. Secondly if her mental issues are causing such rude behavior then maybe she shouldn't be a doctor?

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ooooh, is this gonna turn into a riot? If it's gonna turn into a riot I've got a list of stores I wanna loot.

Now now gentlemen, let's not get space happy. If you're going kill someone, do it the proper way and space them.

voidstars.png

Nice excuse btw. Then I'll just electrocute her to death and will say that Andromeda lost control over herself in a surge of fury.

Right, I still haven't revealed the full story behind why Nicole acts the way she does. I mentioned it to Humva but I'm still working on it in the game itself.