• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Bionicle 2001 Website Recreation

website bionicle 2001 waybackmachine lomn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Jaek_3

Jaek_3
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 12-January 14
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 27 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hi, so after seeing XONAR's post about a Bionicle 2001 website recreation, I decided to try recreating it myself. Seeing that I was a regular on the site, I remember a lot of details about the site that you couldn't know unless you had been on the website. I cant animate it or anything, but I can tell you the basic functions. I have been recreating the site in Microsoft Word. I would be using PhotoShop, but the only computer with it is my Dad's and its like 3 hours away from my house. I'll buy it soon though... :P So, I am going to attach the work that I have done, I have the Rahi/Makuta/Mata-Nui done, but thats it as of late. I am working on the Toa/Turaga/Kanohi/Software. I'll keep you posted!  ;) https://www.mediafir...le_Website_2001

nno1sj.jpg

#2 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 04-January 13
  • 960 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 27 2014 - 04:49 PM

Cool to see that I inspired others to make their own recreations of the 2001 site. :) Nice work so far.

My recreation has actually changed quite a bit since I first posted it, and it's now less of a recreation as it is a complete archive since it uses most of the same code as the 2001 site did. I use the code as a base, and then recreate any images or Flash animations that were not archived by Wayback. You can visit the still-WIP site at: http://solismagna.com/2001v2. Currently the homepage is finished along with the Mata Nui and main Kanohi page. 

Posted Image

#3 Offline Toa Pyroccido

Toa Pyroccido
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 15-December 15
  • 30 posts

Posted Mar 23 2016 - 09:45 AM

Where can I find the new official Bionicle 2001 website?

#4 Offline Nidhiki of the Shadows

Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mistika of the Swamp

• 04-June 04
  • 19,715 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 29 2016 - 01:31 PM

This is awesome! Do you think it would be possible to restore other iterations of the site as well? 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

#5 Offline Jaek_3

Jaek_3
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 12-January 14
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2016 - 02:52 PM

This is awesome! Do you think it would be possible to restore other iterations of the site as well? 

-NotS

Here's a better one - it does not work in chrome https://57e38292c44b...WZjazFfOUdkY1k/

nno1sj.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users