Matoran Nuparu

fasggbfrfesv

Well, I'm doing art GCSE at the moment, and looking around at other people's pieces has inspired me to do a few Bionicles of my own.

My first piece is Matoran Nuparu before the rebuild. Please let me know if you like it, I'm pleased with it, but if I get the silent treatment I might freak out a little. I might make a piraka next, I reckon it would look good in this style. Most my digital art is in this freaky, blotty style. It starts off in pencil, I get a sketch done over about an hour, than I import it into photoshop, texture it, colour it, sort out the lighting, and figure some sort of background.

My art style when I photoshop it like this tends to be reminiscent of post-apocalyptic I think, so a Piraka could look kinda cool.

qE7a2ny.jpg

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...

Good action pose, the blotchy paint work here makes it look like Nuparu is running from some sort of cave in, or the Bohrok just woke up and are chasing him around in the dark. The glow of his eyes is a pleasant touch, a shimmer of life amidst the dust.

I would love to see the Piraka in this style. Back when 2006 began their comics were super dark and chilling, and your style here would compliment that -- and their overall villainy feel -- very well.

• Upvote 1