• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Good Place To Find Sprites?

games sprites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 06-August 10
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 09:59 PM

I've been wanting to make a BIONICLE 2D sprite based game for some time now, but I've been having an issue. I can't find a good place to find sprites. I would just go and copy paste off things I find on the internet, but I don't want to take someone's content without their permission. So does anyone know any good places or sprite kits that for free use?

#2 Offline TBK

TBK
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 02-March 08
  • 882 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 11:06 PM

You're in luck: we have some pretty darn talented spriters on BZP. My best bit of direction for you is this topic: http://www.bzpower.c...hl=+sprite +kit

Most of the popular kits are kept in that archive, but you can also find a few more while browsing the Comic subforum. My suggestion for you is Rayg, the most widely used kit for fan-made games, and you can find that in the topic I linked to. Whichever kit you use, just be sure to give credit to its respective author(s).

Hope that answers your question!

sig8.png

#3 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,472 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 11:58 PM

TBK's absolutely correct. We also have this recent topic in the Comics forum asking the same question, really. Comics is home to all kits these days; you're likely to find some while browsing the back pages of the forum.

So, I'll direct you to the topic TBK linked and to the one I linked. Once you've found a suitable kit and have some work done on your game, you are free to make a new topic in this forum to show it off. For now though, as this forum's rules state, "Note that topics requesting sprites, music, backgrounds, etc. are not allowed." -

Topic closed.

Edited by -Windrider-, Mar 28 2014 - 11:59 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users