• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Good Place To Find Sprites?

games sprites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 06-August 10
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 09:59 PM

I've been wanting to make a BIONICLE 2D sprite based game for some time now, but I've been having an issue. I can't find a good place to find sprites. I would just go and copy paste off things I find on the internet, but I don't want to take someone's content without their permission. So does anyone know any good places or sprite kits that for free use?

#2 Offline TBK

TBK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 02-March 08
  • 882 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 11:06 PM

You're in luck: we have some pretty darn talented spriters on BZP. My best bit of direction for you is this topic: http://www.bzpower.c...hl=+sprite +kit

Most of the popular kits are kept in that archive, but you can also find a few more while browsing the Comic subforum. My suggestion for you is Rayg, the most widely used kit for fan-made games, and you can find that in the topic I linked to. Whichever kit you use, just be sure to give credit to its respective author(s).

Hope that answers your question!

sig8.png

#3 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 5,613 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 11:58 PM

TBK's absolutely correct. We also have this recent topic in the Comics forum asking the same question, really. Comics is home to all kits these days; you're likely to find some while browsing the back pages of the forum.

So, I'll direct you to the topic TBK linked and to the one I linked. Once you've found a suitable kit and have some work done on your game, you are free to make a new topic in this forum to show it off. For now though, as this forum's rules state, "Note that topics requesting sprites, music, backgrounds, etc. are not allowed." -

Topic closed.

Edited by -Windrider-, Mar 28 2014 - 11:59 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users