Tips for Payment

KittehWubbins

The other day, I was at my friends house. I went downstairs with him, and saw he had many baskets with tonnes of Lego with various Bionicle pieces. Curious me, I went over and sifted through them and found some exceptional things. He had at least 5 pounds of Bionicle alone, and he insisted I take it. So I did, and I thought to myself, Jeez, I can't just take it all without giving him something. And this was not exactly your 2008-2010 Bionicle, he had a mostly complete Purple Nui Jaga (Minus the elastics) and Vezon and Fenrakk, 2003 Jala, tonnes of Agori and 2007 Matoran; and many other various pieces from Nui Rama, Turagas and other things.

So I took it all, and I am going to pay him on my next visit, but what is a good price to pay him?

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

I think it would be best to talk with your friend and figure out how much he thinks it's worth, as he's the seller after all as well as your friend. That sounds like at least $50 to me, 'cause one relatively old big set and one Titan set sound like a nice $20 or so each as I would imagine they were original or would sell for online now, and along with a bunch of Matoran that would make up at least like $10 altogether. I'm not really an expert, I might be seriously underselling that much LEGO, or it might be too much. Can anyone back me up on that estimate, or-?

Either way if its your friend and they don't value their collection that much they'd probably be cool with anything reasonable :)

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I'd just take it all and run if I were you. And if he really doesn't want any payment...

But if you really want to pay him, I'd suggest around $25 or something like that.

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well, you said it was about 5 pounds but only mentioned a few sets. A picture would help.

Because he's your friend, he wouldn't be expecting full resale price, giving him $30 or $40 for it would please him I think. He didn't ask for anything, so I imagine he'd be pleased for whatever.

A picture would help us however.... and so we can admire your attainments! :P

Sorry, I can't take a picture because:

What made up most of the 5 pounds was just random parts. A few 2008 Makuta here and there, lots of Stars and Glatorian parts, and just random weapons and limbs in general.

Also, I don't actually own a camera (call me a caveman). When I do get one, I would be happy to display my collection. So yeah. I am thinking around the $20 mark now that I have a feel for it.

-thanks

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

Sorry, I can't take a picture because:

What made up most of the 5 pounds was just random parts. A few 2008 Makuta here and there, lots of Stars and Glatorian parts, and just random weapons and limbs in general.

Also, I don't actually own a camera (call me a caveman). When I do get one, I would be happy to display my collection. So yeah. I am thinking around the $20 mark now that I have a feel for it.

-thanks

i'd actually say something like $50 would be more accurate, but hey, if your friend doesn't care, go for it, i guess. xP