• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

New Member Raffle

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 07:22 AM

As part of our just-implemented New Member Incentives, we are announcing a new raffle to help celebrate Chima month. LEGO has donated a copy of 70131 Rogon's Rock Flinger that we're giving away to a lucky member who joins before the end of the month. So if you're reading this but haven't joined BZPower yet, what are you waiting for? Already a member? Don't worry, there will be more raffles coming soon!

View the full article

#2 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,810 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 09:20 PM

This seem like a great idea. Hopefully the turnout is good.

I do have a question though: Whenever I go into a Forum or topic, I see an annoucement message on top of the page saying that I can enter the New Member raffle, but I've been a member for almost three years now. So why can I enter it if I'm not a new member?  :???:

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#3 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,529 posts

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 09:30 PM

I do have a question though: Whenever I go into a Forum or topic, I see an annoucement message on top of the page saying that I can enter the New Member raffle, but I've been a member for almost three years now. So why can I enter it if I'm not a new member?  :???:

The announcement looks like it's shown to everyone regardless of join date, I saw it too. Even if you click it, it informs you at the bottom that you're not eligible to enter anyways. Just click "Dismiss this announcement" or whatever the wording is and it'll go away :)

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#4 Offline The_Last_Bionicle

The_Last_Bionicle
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 1 posts

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 09:39 PM

I just joined a week ago. Will I still be entered into the raffle?

#5 Offline Octodad

Octodad
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,062 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 10:25 PM

Doesn't look like it, since they're doing this with member groups. and you appear to be in the Members group.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems.... risky. Like there will be a bunch of people who join for a shot at a free set then never return.

#6 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,810 posts

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 10:34 PM

The announcement looks like it's shown to everyone regardless of join date, I saw it too. Even if you click it, it informs you at the bottom that you're not eligible to enter anyways. Just click "Dismiss this announcement" or whatever the wording is and it'll go away :)

I see it now. Just goes to show what happens when one skim reads a page. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#7 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,037 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 05:31 AM

Unfortunately no. Only people who have joined since we announced the raffle will be eligible. Don't worry though! That's just one free set and we'll be giving away plenty of others. For example, make sure you check out our Lion Legend Beast review and watch the video to see how you can easily enter to win a copy of that set.

#8 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 06:41 AM

Oh. Huh. I was quite sure that this one was an April Fools joke.
Not sure how I feel about this either. Octodad makes a good point.

Edited by Chro, Apr 02 2014 - 06:41 AM.

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#9 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,916 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 07:22 AM

We are aware of that risk but we thought it was worth a try nonetheless.

-Gata signoff.png

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#10 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,634 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 09:42 AM

I was kinda disappointed when I saw the announcement on the forums, clicked it, and was informed that I couldn't enter the raffle. Would it be possible to limit the audience of those announcements to relevant viewers (in this case, new members and guests)?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#11 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,037 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 10:06 AM

I was kinda disappointed when I saw the announcement on the forums, clicked it, and was informed that I couldn't enter the raffle. Would it be possible to limit the audience of those announcements to relevant viewers (in this case, new members and guests)?

Not within the constructs of the raffles system, unfortunately.

#12 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,038 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 09:54 PM

I'm really excited to see where this month will lead with regards to BZP activity. Hopefully this is the magic touch we've been missing.

hatpile_banner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users