The sets are dying out.

I've never found it to be trouble to find BIONICLE sets second hand nowadays. Of course, if you're looking for unopened sets, yeah it's gonna be near-impossible for many, but otherwise I'm pretty sure they're available on Bricklink and eBay. You can find plenty of sets from years upon years back without looking too hard.

Yeah, that's one of the consequences of the BIONICLE theme selling so well. Unopened sets are few in number, except perhaps from some of the theme's later years after its sales began to dwindle a little and certain models became shelfwarmers. But buying pre-owned sets can be easy, since so many people who bought the sets as kids are now growing out of them and trying to find them new owners.

I check BrickLink.com daily and there are lots of people selling BIONICLE there, including pre 2008 and titan sets. They not be sealed, but they're there! You mentioned Amazon, while they do have a large selection, they're prices are worse than "TOYS'R'US"! As with Ebay, people usually just sell large tubs of BIONICLE, not as much as sealed sets. :kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama:   :m: :a: :s: :k:   :m_o: :f:   :s: :m_p: :e:  :e: :m_d:  :kakama:  

For the BEST BIONICLE reviews, podcasts, and more, Check out:

http://youtube.com/thethreevirtues

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I just went to a yard sale that had entire bins of old bagged fast food toys and immediately knew to go fishing for McToran. Ultimately, I found Matoro, which was nice, since the only other one I had was Knogu and I lost a few pieces for him. I feel really satsified with myself. He was only a quarter.

• Upvote 2

I once found about half a pound of spare Toa Mata and Bohrok parts at a garage sale for less than three dollars.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

• 1 month later...

i actually have a collection of non oppened cannisters. I have 2 rakshii 1 khelma 4 bohrok that crab thing from mahri nui. (not the ones who gather air) and lewa nuva.

just keeping them sealed for nostalgia's sake.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Odd. I got a new Gali Mata about a year ago for around $12 on eBay. Though now, the cheapest new Gali is around $25! I'm surprised how the prices have risen over just a year!

The price of that set, or of any older Bionicle set, hasn't risen at all; people on Ebay have just decided to begin charging more because they think that they can get away with it. If you decide to check the site as it is today, there could easily be one selling for $12 or less.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

I check BrickLink.com daily and there are lots of people selling BIONICLE there, including pre 2008 and titan sets. They not be sealed, but they're there! You mentioned Amazon, while they do have a large selection, they're prices are worse than "TOYS'R'US"! As with Ebay, people usually just sell large tubs of BIONICLE, not as much as sealed sets. :kakama:

Actually, from what I've heard, the amount of Bionicle pieces on Bricklink is dwindling. Of course, that may be mainly individual parts rather than complete sets, which are sold separately.

~B~

• 3 weeks later...

Oh goodie, one of these threads already existed.

So just yesterday I got some money and I said, hey, since BIONICLE is coming back, I should buy a couple of the old sets from this store that had, like, A TON. A lot of Toa Hordika, Phantoka, Mistika and Barraki sets. Well, the last set I bought from there was in 2012, and that was a Pohatu Phantoka set. I remember I was deciding between Pohatu and Lewa, and I eventually said I'd buy Lewa later to have all 3 Toa Nuva Phantoka. Little did I know that back in 2012 was the last BIONICLE decision I would make.

So I went to said store and apparently, the section where they had all the BIONICLES was now filled with some dump truck toys. I eventually decided to look around and see if they moved all the LEGOs. They did, so when I found the LEGO section, I was saddened to see that the only BIONICLEs they had left, were some bootleg Vahki from this Enlighten Assembly brand... I asked the person who was working there where were all the BIONICLEs, and she said they were sold out a long time ago...

I always assumed I could always go back to that store and buy whatever Toa Hordika, Phantoka, Mistika or Barraki set I could want, but that was 2 years ago... I have never truly felt that BIONICLE has ended until now. I could always go back and buy the older sets I thought, but truly there no where that sells them where I live, so technically BIONICLE never ended for me, until now. sad face...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Yeah. It kind of sucks for me too. All I have is mostly Rakshi and Vahki sets. They are good and all, but they have bad mocing pieces in the long run, due to all the gray. To be honest, I thought 2007 had a good variety of mocing pieces. Too bad I didn't grab a lot of those sets back then.

I kind of regret it to, because most of the Hero Factory pieces are not technic/bionicle friendly. It's so difficult to moc with those if you want to go truly custom build.

Edited by Matoro1992

The sets may be dying out but there's never been a better time to hunt for unopened bionicles! I myself, have been buying used characters and parts since I'm not picky, but I do miss the days of 2001 seeing all of my favorite characters on their rightful place on the shelves with an army of mask boxes!

Despite BIONICLE sets becoming less and less popular for auction, I have a sure-fire way of getting one.

1. Get a set that you want and don't have in the cheapest price you can find.

2. Wait a maximum of a week after receiving the set.

3. The set is now everywhere, at a brain-dead price.

It always works for me.

• Upvote 1