Bioniclestory.com

Devorath

Wait, Greg can't use BZP anymore? What new Lego policies are you talking about?Man, if this is the end of the story serials, that really stinks. Now the Bionicle storyline will be just left hanging there

It´s not so much a LEGO policy than a US law (COPPA) which LEGO has decided to implement into their company´s policy. However, LEGO is working on a new policy which should allow LEGO employees to join fan sites while still complying with the law.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wait, Greg can't use BZP anymore? What new Lego policies are you talking about?Man, if this is the end of the story serials, that really stinks. Now the Bionicle storyline will be just left hanging there

It´s not so much a LEGO policy than a US law (COPPA) which LEGO has decided to implement into their company´s policy. However, LEGO is working on a new policy which should allow LEGO employees to join fan sites while still complying with the law.~Gata. ;)
Wow, that's a relief. BZP isn't the same without Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, Greg was on BZP?

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Wait, Greg was on BZP?
Yes, he was. He once graciously allowed us to send him questions through the PM system. If you look under the One-stop S&T Rules topic in the Bionicle Storyline and Theories forum, you will find a link to the extensive record of his time here. However, he is no longer allowed to answer PMs anymore due to the law Gata mentioned, and other commitments have kept him offline.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, Greg was on BZP?
Yes, he was. He once graciously allowed us to send him questions through the PM system. If you look under the One-stop S&T Rules topic in the Bionicle Storyline and Theories forum, you will find a link to the extensive record of his time here.However, he is no longer allowed to answer PMs anymore due to the law Gata mentioned, and other commitments have kept him offline.
Wow, that's amazing! I found his profile. This is pretty awesome.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I was returning to Bioniclestory.com. I have an idea on why it is still up: it's up because people who had an interest in Bionicle and randomly come back to it and decide to catch up on the serials will have a place to go. It's a pleasant surprise - "this is still here!" which will likely improve Lego's PR. So they are leaving it up for an official serials reference. That might also avoid speculation or confusion on what the serials were when Bionicle comes back - people who want to look it up can.And it is not just a bunch of backdoor fans that say "This was official story". It's an official verification, and it is the only one they have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize that this website existed until the Glatorian year (2009), but I had decent information, I liked the videos of the sets. But plenty more information can be viewed on the Bionicle Wikia.

I think most people here (sorry if I;m generalizing) use BS01, as it was made by BZP members and mantained by them.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

My favorite incarnation of the site was in '07 when it was in the Toa Terrain Crawler. They should have tried to follow that format in later years, instead of slapping an ad on the front page to catch your attention.

I agree. That style was epic. The only problem was that it took forever to load; that might have annoyed some people. Not sure how they would have done something that cool with 2008 story however. Still, I think they should have tried, at least. And I liked the new content they put up in that update; I think the format was sacrificed for content.

My favorite incarnation of the site was in '07 when it was in the Toa Terrain Crawler. They should have tried to follow that format in later years, instead of slapping an ad on the front page to catch your attention.

I agree. That style was epic. The only problem was that it took forever to load; that might have annoyed some people.Not sure how they would have done something that cool with 2008 story however. Still, I think they should have tried, at least. And I liked the new content they put up in that update; I think the format was sacrificed for content.
It never took me quite too long to load, and that concept art that they showed while it loaded was pretty cool.Maybe the 2008 format could have taken place in the Codrex, even though it wasn't introduced until summer of that year. Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I agree. That style was epic. The only problem was that it took forever to load; that might have annoyed some people.Not sure how they would have done something that cool with 2008 story however. Still, I think they should have tried, at least. And I liked the new content they put up in that update; I think the format was sacrificed for content.
It never took me quite too long to load, and that concept art that they showed while it loaded was pretty cool.Maybe the 2008 format could have taken place in the Codrex, even though it wasn't introduced until summer of that year.
Nah, that would have been too much of a reveal at first. They could have done it in that massive Karda Nui cavern, though, with spotlights on the Toa and Light Matoran shelter and the Makuta's base. That would have worked in perfect with the game that year.The Codrex would have been epic for Fall 2008, however. But that would have set too much of a precedent...by 2009 I think they would be out of luck...*dares members to come up with a 2007-equivalent idea for 2009 Bioniclestory.com* :evilgrin:

I visit there whenever I feel like reading the serials, to show my support for Bionicle more directly. I only read serials elsewhere if I can't access BIONICLEStory, or if I want to read a podcast.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 2 weeks later...

It never took me quite too long to load, and that concept art that they showed while it loaded was pretty cool.Maybe the 2008 format could have taken place in the Codrex, even though it wasn't introduced until summer of that year.
Nah, that would have been too much of a reveal at first. They could have done it in that massive Karda Nui cavern, though, with spotlights on the Toa and Light Matoran shelter and the Makuta's base. That would have worked in perfect with the game that year.The Codrex would have been epic for Fall 2008, however. But that would have set too much of a precedent...by 2009 I think they would be out of luck...*dares members to come up with a 2007-equivalent idea for 2009 Bioniclestory.com* :evilgrin:
I believe I´ve seen concepts of a 2008 BIONICLEstory.com with the 2007 navigation style featuring stalagmites and a cloud background. It looked very nice, although not as epic as the final one. If I remember right, it was from a building instruction, I might look for it.I barely use BIONICLEstory.com. That is to say, I don´t use it since the story serials have stopped being updated.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 3 weeks later...

Greg can't use bzp? Why not?

He's getting his Social Media License.
Nah, he already got it. Didn't work.
Are you sure? Is there even a way he can tell us? :P In which didn´t it work?-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Yeah, what does "it didn't work" mean? Are you assuming that just because we haven't heard from him in a while? And even if he can't come back to BZPower, he can still post serials on Bioniclestory.com.Also, no need to use the Wayback Machine: http://www.bioniclestory.com/archive/

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

Greg can't use bzp? Why not?

He's getting his Social Media License.
Nah, he already got it. Didn't work.
Are you sure? Is there even a way he can tell us? :P In which didn´t it work?-Gata signoff.jpg
What I heard was that the training was over and it was just a hammering in of the do-not-talk-to-kids under-13 rule. I could be wrong though. The real reason Greg's not here is lack of time due to family and other commitments like his job, to answer the original poster's question.