The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

Acronyms like that are probably worth explaining at least once somewhere in the post, because, as was just demonstrated, not every player is going to know what they actually stand for. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Acronyms like that are probably worth explaining at least once somewhere in the post, because, as was just demonstrated, not every player is going to know what they actually stand for.

Absolutely. The locations aren't even finished yet, but that's going to be something that will be worked in where needed.

I liked the earlier draft of Ark better - it was more clear and easier to read. :shrugs:

The Fallout/Happy version? I might still roll with that.

This one I've been calling the Realistic/Computer version.

Besides the layout, the R/C version has a larger intro speech from Grotez versus the F/H version.

But it's all a work in progress. I am comfortable that I should have both versions up and viewable in a week or two.

Hmmm, since the GSR that Grotez and the players are aboard is the one occupied by Makuta, what does he get out of sending out the Arks? Or is his secret grand plan the "something off" that's mentioned? Would it be possible to play as a Rahkshi or other servitor of the BoM who might have been clued in to the scheme?

Makuta is actually dead, killed by Mata Nui during their combat(not by the moon, keeping the MU intact.). Mata Nui was able to switch to the larger universe after his attempt to reform the planet failed horribly.

Mata Nui used what was left of his life force to get the MU off planet and keep it powered for another few eons.

The "something off" is actually a plot secret. Shh....Wabbits.

Giving that the prologue is confusing and the background is too, I gonna write a story to better frame the RPG. The ideas you get when you stay up all night with a 103 degree fever.

The arks are actually just ways to get the extra population out of the Mu and nobody actually expects them to find anything.

I like the new one better.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

LOG 8-68

TRANSMITTING

You now have been given a free reign, world. All the blood, sweat and tears of my race and others like me toiling hard and grinding our knuckles to ash just to build you a new home. Soon we'll find a new planet and get back order to this insane universe. And what, you think I'm crazy too, don't yah?

Why wouldn't you? I've been fighting "everything" my whole life, I've held back my tongue and watched people get torn to mincemeat right in front of me; I've watched that first Karzing vessel blow up with a thousand people inside it, and because of WHAT did I push for? WHY am i crazy, fighting a universe just because some psychopath decided it was nice to suffocate the whole world?

You brakas bunch of Karz. It may take a millenia, but i'll get my revenge.

Maybe i'm going to hard. I'll start over. No... Let me just finish. I've been held back for as long as possible. There is a literal monster out there nearly the size of Mata Nui's head and it's eating everything. You expect me to sit back on my lounge chair, drink out of my Karzing bula juice, and say "wow, sure glad it hasn't hit me yet"? No, never. I'm gonna charge right into it, i'm gonna rip everything apart, and if anyone gets in my way i will grind them to powder; it is time we stood up for something we believe in: Freedom! WE have the universe at our fingertips. WE are the right minded red-blooded free people, and we will lay our lives on the line...

For tomorrow. For a new, joyful freedom. For infinite possibility.

Welcome, fellow voyager, to the final frontier.

~Daltrahk, Dead Conquest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frontier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Frontier.

The final frontier, to be precise. This is a space exploration and combat RPG set after the events in Mahri Nui, which takes the Matoran Universe characters and sets them out into the endless regions of space in a mad grab for galactic power. With planets to explore, endless discoveries, and tons of combat, the Frontier universe is only getting started.

Let's begin, shall we?

History

-----

When Matoro sacrificed his life to revive Mata Nui, the explosion was much more violent than a simple blast wave. It ruptured almost all of Karda Nui, killing everything below in an instant and breaking open the GSR, causing lethal chemicals to begin mixing into the air. Universal evacuation was soon to follow.

After the gate to Metru Nui was permanently sealed, and life had begun outside the MU, the Turaga looked to the stars... And discovered a mysterious planet which was previously thought to be a star called Mollog. With the Vortixx developing new space-traveling technology, and the possibility of Mollog being inhabitable, the race to the heavens was on.

After several failed attempts which killed many people, a suitable series of starships was soon being manufactured by the Order of Mata Nui. However, the Brotherhood of Makuta took notice and attacked, nearly crippling the OoMN and pushing the race faster than before.

Finally, a threat to destroy the Mask of Time sent all the Makuta underground into the dead world, as they had evolved the ability to breathe such toxic materials. Now the world sits and waits, as all the major powers (and threats) have taken to the skies, leaving villains the inhabitants could defend themselves against. The battle for supreme power had begun.

GM NPC Characters

-----
Helryx

The leader of Empire Hand.
Helryx is a war-torn leader whose heroic skills have allowed her to keep command over the Order of Mata Nui for many years, and continue in the position in the Empire Hand. Skilled in combat, her water powers were weakened to that of a normal Toa by a villainous Dark Hunter.

Species: Toa
Affiliation: Empire Hand
Craft: N/A
Appearance: Canon appearance
Bio: Canon to an extent, will be specified in-game

-----
Daltrahk

The leader of Dead Conquest.
A former tinker/inventor, Daltrahk went on the fight of his life when he received a draft paper from Empire Hand. Convinced that they were a tyrannical, corrupt universal power that had to be destroyed, he formed an army of rag-tag rebels who have turned out a formidable force. He rather likes a game of chess.

Species: Skakdi
Affiliation: Dead Conquest
Gear: Daltrahk has encased his right lower arm in a light-based grappling device designed by himself that can latch onto walls and pull him towards them at high speeds. It took him a lot of practice and several injuries to become an expert at not breaking his shoulder and landing it every time. It also fires light-based energy blasts, and can be set to shoot a massive flurry of fire that only pushes opponents around.
Craft: N/A
Appearance: Here you go.
Bio: To be revealed IC
-----
Junk Dealer

Ah, the Junk Dealer. The small planet of Mollog is the home world of several small, mysterious creatures that assist their leader to buy in collected junk (most of which is actually worth quite a bit) and resell it. Their leader is only known as the Junk Dealer. You can get an item out of him based on his mood, and how much the item(s) you give him are worth in his eyes. Any vehicle or gun from him will require lots of work, but will function like any other ship or weapon, and can be customized just the same. There's no currency, but you can find some interesting items on some planets.

Species: ???
Affiliation: Mollog
Craft: ???
Appearance: Junk Dealer is hidden beneath a brown cloak, like all his species. He is rather thin, odd for his usually muscular species. He also has eight yellow eyes, and several junk trinkets on a belt.
Bio: To be revealed IC
-----
Mr. Crunchy

Mr. Crunchy is a mindless, monstrous, rock mass that loves nothing more than eating your ship. It's hard to drive away, and very dangerous. It tracks down lone ships that are not near their fleet, and gains mass from random chunks of rock and vehicles, using the weapon's charging clips to become bigger. Best advice: run.

Species: Unknown Materialized Mass
Affiliation: Dinner
Gear: Mr. Crunchy carries a large himself wherever he goes, and uses it to the fullest of its ability.
Craft: Himself
Appearance: Other than what he looks like, Mr. Crunchy is nearly twice the size of Empire Hand's Ignika.

-----

Factions:

Empire Hand (Helryx)

Empire Hand was formed from the Order of Mata Nui after many of its original members were killed. Since then, they have let in anyone deemed good enough to fight, as they try to take over the rest of the universe. Heartily stating they intend only good, Empire Hand is extremely trusted by the majority of its soldiers. Members of Empire Hand are heavily trained and disobedience is met with strict punishment. Good fighting and strict loyalty is the only way to move up in this type of sect.
Flagship: Ignika
This is the standard Heroic group.

-----

Dead Conquest (Daltrahk)

Dead Conquest is made of rebels of Empire Hand, always ready to tear people in two to bring liberation to all. Their brutal actions and rough training hide friendly leaders and a will to free the universe from Empire Hand's steel grip. Never be too trusting, though: they are painted as villains across the ears of the people.
Flagship: Brigadier's Cutlass
This is the standard rebellious group.

-----

Dark Horizon (pending)

Dark Horizon consists of the villainous members of the Dark Hunters, now much more villainous and under new leadership. The Dark Hunter's weaponry is sometimes hand-made from the remains of other weapons (or other Hunters). Lesser known, Dark Horizon intends to set up the rule of the Dark Hunters once again. Only absolute villains get in here, folks, and don't expect to defect to another group and live.
Flagship: Tombstone
This is the standard villainous group.

-----

[Name it and claim it]

That's right, get a few players together and you can make your own organization! It has to be more than 2 characters heading it, though. You can join any group you want, but I'm not handing out these things like popcorn. It's gotta be well assembled and be interesting enough. All custom factions will be given a base on an unsettled planet and enough resources and vehicles to start off.

Out-Of-Reach Tech: More weapons for you to use may be available in the future, but hyperspace, tracking beacons, and other high-power devices can only be used by the faction leaders and higher ups. Don't put these into your ship without permission. You may end up receiving these later though, for completing missions and/or tackling/driving off bigger threats.

Combat: you'll be fighting in two massive spacecraft, both heavily armed and guarded to prevent any attack from harming it. Please treat them like actual beings in combat.

Planets: Ah, here's the fun part! now and again i'll introduce missions for the factions to find and control unknown planets, and whatever Rahi or materials that are there is yours for the taking. Capture planets to establish bases. And do expect on-planet gunfights. Each Faction main ship has several massive dropships, which take your ships to destinations for you via hyperspace. Saves a lot of time.

-----

Weapons:

You're gonna need to be well-protected to survive in a warfare land. Below are the weapons you can use, with more in the future. You can carry Three of these weapons maximum, or three of the same weapon. Do note: some weapons that are copies of each other (i.e. Kanoka=Buzzsaw Kanoka) cannot both be carried. These will be listed by the color of text.

Any weapon with italic spelling (i.e., Weapon) is a one-of-a-kind weapon. You can only have one of these weapons, and not two together.

Basic weapons types include:

Zamor Launcher: Your state-of-the-art Zamor, no antidermis included. Works like a Zamor should, and would.
Maximum ammunition: 14

Kanoka Launcher: You do know what a Kanoka is, right? well, this fires them like you would think it would. Don't forget that you're not gonna be over-exaggerating the power of this.
Maximum ammunition: 8

Buzzsaw Kanoka: A Kanoka launcher that fires powerless, sharp-edged Kanoka. Get hit by one of these and at the least it'll shred your armour, at the worst tear your stomach out.
Maximum ammunition: 4

Rhotuka launcher: You should know how Rhotuka work. Just specify what type of Rhotuka, and no OP ones like mutation.
Maximum ammunition: 8

Madu Launcher: Since Madu Cabolo are so explosive, chuck one out of this launcher to make a 2-bio blast and knock someone quite a ways. Downside, you can only carry one, and bringing more Madu Cabolo than what can fit in the launcher is dangerous, as if they get hit they hurt you.
Maximum ammunition: 5

Cable Rhotuka: Not a simple weapon, to say the least. This Rhotuka launcher fires a powerless Rhotuka that ensnares its opponent in a metal cable, and can wrap around a limb with ease. If one is fired at a structure or vehicle in a spot where it can latch onto, it will, and can be used to climb on.

Elite Weaponry:

These weapons Are unique, as you can only carry one from this category. Choose wisely.

Ballistic Shield: This protosteel shield protects you from most every weapon, and can be used as a bashing weapon as well. Each one is unique to its species, so a Matoran-sized shield wouldn't work for a Vortixx. The weaknesses of the Ballistic shield are the superheated Crossbow bolts, and the teleport and knockback Zamor. You can carry only one.

Crossbow
: This Crossbow fires superheated bolts that can go quite a long way, and do a lot of damage. You can customize your Crossbow to fire freeze bolts, or explosive bolts.

-----

Armour:

Now, the armour you wear gives you protection against the high-tech weapons of the future, and lets you treat you character normally like any other RPG. But, keep it in good condition, as you may encounter dangerous threats along the way that could defeat you much easier if you didn't have it. Every time you visit your HQ, your armour will be automatically repaired. However, you won't have your armour on in your HQ, as this helps even out such common brawls and fistfights that will occur. Your armour will also repair automatically if you are in your custom HQ, like a planet base or smaller main ship. But not any planet base you walk up to. Only a planet base that have been set out by your faction leader as your home base will work. Your helmet will contain contact devices that will fail if you get hit by a Ghost Blaster. It will also let you breathe in space, in case you are called to investigate a planet with toxic or zero atmosphere.

For Toa: Due to the mental connection in order to keep the suit's systems in check, you are unable to directly use your powers on another being. You'll have to make some kind of attack with your element instead of inflicting the being directly.

Sound Toa: while you have your sound abilities, using them in a shout or other large blast will disrupt your own system before it reaches the other being.

For Skakdi: Unfortunately there is no form-fitting suit for your spine, so it remains exposed. It's probably not going to be an issue, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. The element rule applies for Skakdi as well as Toa.

Can't:
         Go into hyperspace. I don't want you zipping around the universe like nyan cat and blasting everything in sight, before darting away again. Otherwise Mr. Crunchy will get you.
         Disobey any BZP rules. That just goes without saying.
         Completely change your vehicle. I will have customizations available, but you're not gonna turn your spacecraft into a death star.
         OP-ify your character. You aren't an unstoppable engine of destruction, and that's final.

Ships:

Now comes the most frustrating part: the ships.  Basically each ship begins as a single sphere with a seat and controls. Customization can occur from there, but every ship must either have an image or an extremely detailed description. Please don't use any copyrighted material; I'd get sued if the Lor Starcutter or the Delta Interceptor showed up. And each ship can only have one pilot!

Super technical stuff: Inside each ship installed in the flight seat is a teleportation beacon, designed to pull you to safety at you headquarters as soon as you ship is critically destroyed. Don't worry about it too much; you can always get one from your boss. If you're in a player-run faction, you can head to the Junk Dealer only.
Each ship is powered by a simplistic light-based mechanism. This mechanism also creates ammunition for your Midak Skyblaster, meaning you won't run out. But it's not a machine gun, so no insane flurries of fire during combat.

Ship Weapons:

Currently all prototype weapons have been scrapped and replaced with the good old Midak Skyblaster. See above for technical stuff.

Character template

Name: (who are you, anyway?)

Species: (see below)

Gender: (Male? Female? Or something else? try to keep it relevant, though)

Affiliation: (if working for two factions, please place as "double agent" and list the two factions. See Double Agents for more)

Gear: (weapons, personal items, or anything you own in this game)

Craft: (see Ships)

Appearance: (unlike the Makuta, you do have a physical body)

Bio: (what about your history?)

Playable Species:

Matoran

Toa

Vortixx

Skakdi

Summary: Specified on a bit of the rules, added some more tech, and specified on GM NPCs.
Nex time it'll be Dark Horizon's mysterious leader, more info on the planet Mollog, and brand-new species - how they work. Tear it apart, people.

Edited by Ghidora131

Mr. Crunchy

Mr. Crunchy is a mindless, monstrous, rock mass that loves nothing more than eating your ship. It's hard to drive away, and very dangerous. It tracks down lone ships that are not near their fleet, and gains mass from random chunks of rock and vehicles, using the weapon's charging clips to become bigger. Best advice: run.

Is this going to have any story relevance, or is it just a GM device?

Cable Rhotuka: Not a simple weapon, to say the least. This Rhotuka launcher fires a powerless Rhotuka that ensnares its opponent in a metal cable, and can wrap around a limb with ease. If one is fired at a structure or vehicle in a spot where it can latch onto, it will, and can be used to climb on.

Rhotuka aren't really solid in any way, and are effectively wheels of energy, so this doesn't really make sense (then again, neither does the phrase "wheels of energy").

Crossbow: This Crossbow fires superheated bolts that can go quite a long way, and do a lot of damage. You can customize your Crossbow to fire freeze bolts, or explosive bolts.

This seems really under-powered compared to the earlier weapons, and certainly not powerful enough to be classed as an "elite weapon" imo. Also, how do the bolts stay together when they're fired if they're superheated?

For Toa: Due to the mental connection in order to keep the suit's systems in check, you are unable to directly use your powers on another being. You'll have to make some kind of attack with your element instead of inflicting the being directly.

This is contradicting itself. If toa can't use their powers, how are they supposed to...use their powers? And if you're saying they can use their elemental powers, just not directly on beings, how does that work? Does that mean a toa of earth can't throw a chunk of ground at their enemy, but are allowed to create an earthquake under them? The last sentence in particular doesn't make sense: surely making an attack with your element, eg throwing a boulder at someone, is inflicting the being directly. And even if you are trying to make the distinction between direct and indirect attacks, that's a very blurred line, especially with something like elemental powers.

Can't:

Go into hyperspace. I don't want you zipping around the universe like nyan cat and blasting everything in sight, before darting away again. Otherwise Mr. Crunchy will get you.

Isn't the point of this game space exploration of some sort? Unless I've missed something big here, there's no way players are gonna be able to not go into hyperspace or some kinda FTL system if they want to move from place to place. And even travelling at the speed of light, it takes decades to travel between most stars. So...

Ship Weapons:

Currently all prototype weapons have been scrapped and replaced with the good old Midak Skyblaster. See above for technical stuff.

Pretty sure skyblasters only really work on beings of shadow (bs01 seems to be down atm, so I can't check right now).

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

Crossbow: This Crossbow fires superheated bolts that can go quite a long way, and do a lot of damage. You can customize your Crossbow to fire freeze bolts, or explosive bolts.

This seems really under-powered compared to the earlier weapons, and certainly not powerful enough to be classed as an "elite weapon" imo. Also, how do the bolts stay together when they're fired if they're superheated?

There is a difference between superheated and molten. I'm not really sure how much superheating the bolt would help but I do know that it can still be very hot and still be solid.

This is contradicting itself. If toa can't use their powers, how are they supposed to...use their powers? And if you're saying they can use their elemental powers, just not directly on beings, how does that work? Does that mean a toa of earth can't throw a chunk of ground at their enemy, but are allowed to create an earthquake under them? The last sentence in particular doesn't make sense: surely making an attack with your element, eg throwing a boulder at someone, is inflicting the being directly. And even if you are trying to make the distinction between direct and indirect attacks, that's a very blurred line, especially with something like elemental powers.

This is something to fix something that was brought up before. It means that say, a Toa of Iron can't just tell his opponent's metal parts to turn to dust or a Toa of Water can't bloodbend the other guy to death.

Ship Weapons:

Pretty sure skyblasters only really work on beings of shadow (bs01 seems to be down atm, so I can't check right now).

It's a ball of weaponized light, it's just that shadow beings really don't like getting hit by balls of weaponized light.

Comments in green.

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Rhotuka aren't really solid in any way, and are effectively wheels of energy, so this doesn't really make sense (then again, neither does the phrase "wheels of energy").

Just thought I'd point out that actually they kind of are. There's some sort of tangible force that binds a rhotuka's layers of energy together, or other such technobabble, that means they are a little bit solid. Its how the Metru-Hordika grabbed hold of the ones they fired to get to higher ground in the battle of the Coliseum.

I do, however, echo the worries about no hyperspace. Space is really big, Ghidora, it takes a while to get places. It took our manned missions to the Moon about three days to get there for example. Three days. To the Moon. And that's our next door neighbour. How long do you think it will take to get to other planets? You're going to have to devise some way of letting ships go faster then should be possible, because otherwise there's going to be a lot of ICs of people playing cards just waiting to get where they're going

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I think the idea is that you can only get between planets by hitching a ride with a hyperspace capable ship, AKA a faction ship.

Probably another way to avoid player spread. Along with the giant rock monster that is still in the RPG for some reason.

• Upvote 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Actually, Wyrd, it took us seven days to get there, and another seven back. So yeah, a fortnight in total for one simple mission to our own natural satellite. Mars takes a little under a year on our closest approach. The Cassini probe was launched in 1997 and reached Jupiter in 2004. Seven years, and that's not even to the reaches of our own system.

So yeah, I absolutely agree, Ghidora, any space RPG pretty much needs rapid space transport, be it warp, wormholes or generic FTL. Otherwise everyone is either going to die trying or go into cryosleep, in which case everyone where they're going is going to be dead by the time they get there or their own Cryo pod will have failed.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Mr. Crunchy

Is this going to have any story relevance, or is it just a GM device?

Mostly a GM device, with enough story connections that it can be eliminated if necessary. Also, he's big big.

Wyrd said best.

Silvan said best.

Silvan said best.

Can't:

Isn't the point of this game space exploration of some sort? Unless I've missed something big here, there's no way players are gonna be able to not go into hyperspace or some kinda FTL system if they want to move from place to place. And even travelling at the speed of light, it takes decades to travel between most stars. So...

As i have specified before, and not really had the time to officially add in, they will be using large dropships that can house several fighters and pilots as well as the massive hyperdrive mechanism. These will be used to get people to planets for missions, and why i'm going to be very tight on who i give control with player factions.

Ship Weapons:

Silvan said best.

I think the idea is that you can only get between planets by hitching a ride with a hyperspace capable ship, AKA a faction ship.

Probably another way to avoid player spread. Along with the giant rock monster that is still in the RPG for some reason.

Which I'm still completely against.

If Final Frontier is supposed to be a space exploration and combat game, like it says in its own writeup, then a giant borderline unkillable monster that exists solely to keep PCs from leaving the general area is highly counterproductive.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Which I'm still completely against.

If Final Frontier is supposed to be a space exploration and combat game, like it says in its own writeup, then a giant borderline unkillable monster that exists solely to keep PCs from leaving the general area is highly counterproductive.

I have him if he's necessary. If I find out i don't need him, he's dead.

Like I said back during one of the earlier drafts, the concept behind Mr. Crunchy slightly borders on absurdity.

1. Unless he wasn't the only one of his kind, he'd need a hyperdrive himself, or at least the ability to create wormholes, in order to be a valid threat to the entire player base at large. Otherwise, it would take him a ridiculous amount of time to get from one offending player to the next if they were in entirely different sectors of space. I know bending reality a little is sometimes necessary for RPGs, but this just snaps it in half, and it should be addressed somewhere.

2. His existence is slightly unnecessary, as he could just as easily be replaced by random solar flares, meteor showers, or a rogue minefield previously established by another faction.

3. While the whole monster concept was a cool idea back in Asylum, where you're trying to establish him really doesn't fit well with the overall game in my opinion. With all of the planets everyone's going to be exploring, there seems to be plenty of opportunities to insert more fleshed out creatures with specific abilities to encounter elsewhere instead of having one enormous and nigh-unkillable version of Pac-Man in space, just floating around and waiting to gobble up anything that crosses his path. Part of the issues you were having back then was because Abbendium (hopefully I spelled that correctly) was able to virtually no-sell everyone's attacks, and since it seems like you're allowing yourself to fall back into the same pattern by making Mr. Crunchy this way as well, the likelihood of people who are aware of what went on during Asylum's run actually sitting down to play this (not to mention getting your idea approved by the judges in the first place) is probably going to be relatively low if you insist on keeping him in the game without at least doing some significant revisions first.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Like I said back during one of the earlier drafts, the concept behind Mr. Crunchy slightly borders on absurdity.

1. Unless he wasn't the only one of his kind, he'd need a hyperdrive himself, or at least the ability to create wormholes, in order to be a valid threat to the entire player base at large. Otherwise, it would take him a ridiculous amount of time to get from one offending player to the next if they were in entirely different sectors of space. I know bending reality a little is sometimes necessary for RPGs, but this just snaps it in half, and it should be addressed somewhere.

2. His existence is slightly unnecessary, as he could just as easily be replaced by random solar flares, meteor showers, or a rogue minefield previously established by another faction.

3. While the whole monster concept was a cool idea back in Asylum, where you're trying to establish him really doesn't fit well with the overall game in my opinion. With all of the planets everyone's going to be exploring, there seems to be plenty of opportunities to insert more fleshed out creatures with specific abilities to encounter elsewhere instead of having one enormous and nigh-unkillable version of Pac-Man in space, just floating around and waiting to gobble up anything that crosses his path. Part of the issues you were having back then was because Abbenidium (hopefully I spelled that correctly) was able to virtually no-sell everyone's attacks, and since it seems like you're allowing yourself to fall back into the same pattern by making Mr. Crunchy this way as well, the likelihood of people who are aware of what went on during Asylum's run actually sitting down to play this (not to mention getting your idea approved by the judges in the first place) is probably going to be relatively low if you insist on keeping him in the game without at least doing some significant revisions first.

1. Who says he's a loner?

2. Yes, but that would make exploration seem even more dangerous to anybody, as theoretically a meteor shower could wipe out the entire player base. Plus, with Mr. Crunchy i can let them turn around and come back into the game, as opposed to "oh, you don't like the rules? Boom! Goodbye!"

3. There are definitely going to be new species, and you might even get to play as some. But Mr. Crunchy exists only to prevent mindless player spread. If it turns out we don't need him, well, we kill him off. Mass mission targeting Mr. Crunchy, wipe him away. And you speak of significant revisions; what did you have in mind?

Also, fixed Abbenidium. You were very close; you missed one I.

...How did you guys pronounce that, anyway?

A natural disaster doesn't go from "nonexistent" to "completely lethal" with nothing in between. A solar flare could roast everyone in their ship... Or it could disable some key systems, force them to stop and make repairs. A meteor shower could just as easily knock out the motors as it could smash up the ship. The environment isn't an instantly thing. You can easily disable a player without destroying them. And your logic for Mr. Crunchy doesn't follow. As long as the game exists, there always might be a need for what you perceive as its role. There will never be a time you can conclusively say he's unecessary. If you do conclude he's unecessay and destroy him, then you'll need to fall back on other methods anyway. And for Pete's sake, if you're going to insist on keeping the monster, at least rename it. 'Mr. Crunchy' for the actual, official name for a device intended to keep players in line is painful.

I still cannot recommend highly enough that you drop it altogether. You're proposing a game  billed as "exploration and combat", but you're going out of your way to limit where people can go. Limited to one general area at a time, unless their faction ship brings them somewhere else. And what about anyone unaffiliated witha  faction? Do they have to try and get to other locations at sub-light speeds?

Player spread is an issue, but in a game like this, you can't fix it by setting up arbitrary boundaries around the area. That's like putting the playerbase down on a video game map and expecting them all to stay there. And putting a vicious space Pac-Man in place to keep people from leaving is just going to make people try and kill it, not respect the boundary. Setting the boundary at all is extremely jarring considering the setting for the game, and all the measures in place to control the player's ability to explore is concerning.

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII
  • Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

A natural disaster doesn't go from "nonexistent" to "completely lethal" with nothing in between. A solar flare could roast everyone in their ship... Or it could disable some key systems, force them to stop and make repairs. A meteor shower could just as easily knock out the motors as it could smash up the ship. The environment isn't an instantly thing. You can easily disable a player without destroying them.

And your logic for Mr. Crunchy doesn't follow. As long as the game exists, there always might be a need for what you perceive as its role. There will never be a time you can conclusively say he's unecessary. If you do conclude he's unecessay and destroy him, then you'll need to fall back on other methods anyway. And for Pete's sake, if you're going to insist on keeping the monster, at least rename it. 'Mr. Crunchy' for the actual, official name for a device intended to keep players in line is painful.

I still cannot recommend highly enough that you drop it altogether. You're proposing a game  billed as "exploration and combat", but you're going out of your way to limit where people can go. Limited to one general area at a time, unless their faction ship brings them somewhere else. And what about anyone unaffiliated witha  faction? Do they have to try and get to other locations at sub-light speeds?

Player spread is an issue, but in a game like this, you can't fix it by setting up arbitrary boundaries around the area. That's like putting the playerbase down on a video game map and expecting them all to stay there. And putting a vicious space Pac-Man in place to keep people from leaving is just going to make people try and kill it, not respect the boundary. Setting the boundary at all is extremely jarring considering the setting for the game, and all the measures in place to control the player's ability to explore is concerning.

I hate to tell you this, but constantly finding error without suggesting an alternative is not very helpful during construction. If you could answer some of the issues the way you would do them, that would be great.

funny people, those lads that judge roleplaying games based on what you present

christ

if only there were some convenient little moniker to denote those goofballs

something that would signify them knowing what they're talking about

it'll come to me later probably. back to bzprpg planning

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

3. While the whole monster concept was a cool idea back in Asylum, where you're trying to establish him really doesn't fit well with the overall game in my opinion. With all of the planets everyone's going to be exploring, there seems to be plenty of opportunities to insert more fleshed out creatures with specific abilities to encounter elsewhere instead of having one enormous and nigh-unkillable version of Pac-Man in space, just floating around and waiting to gobble up anything that crosses his path. Part of the issues you were having back then was because Abbenidium (hopefully I spelled that correctly) was able to virtually no-sell everyone's attacks, and since it seems like you're allowing yourself to fall back into the same pattern by making Mr. Crunchy this way as well, the likelihood of people who are aware of what went on during Asylum's run actually sitting down to play this (not to mention getting your idea approved by the judges in the first place) is probably going to be relatively low if you insist on keeping him in the game without at least doing some significant revisions first.

2. Yes, but that would make exploration seem even more dangerous to anybody, as theoretically a meteor shower could wipe out the entire player base. Plus, with Mr. Crunchy i can let them turn around and come back into the game, as opposed to "oh, you don't like the rules? Boom! Goodbye!"

3. There are definitely going to be new species, and you might even get to play as some. But Mr. Crunchy exists only to prevent mindless player spread. If it turns out we don't need him, well, we kill him off. Mass mission targeting Mr. Crunchy, wipe him away. And you speak of significant revisions; what did you have in mind?

1. Everything mentioning him in your game so far, apparently, since you'd probably be refering to them collectively as "Mr. Crunchies" if there were indeed more than one.

2. Please refer to the first two paragraphs of Krayzikk's last post, as I believe they provide a more than adequate response to this particular issue.

3. Potential revisions for suggestion are as follows:

A. If there's more than one of him floating around, state that he is, in fact, a species in the respective area of the game that concerns him.

B. Possibly change it so that instead of occasionally running afoul of one very large creature, players end up encountering a pack of smaller, much more manageable ones that they have to fight their way out of in order to escape, and save their "parents" for when a larger group of them becomes a potential threat to the faction ships.

C. Consider Krayzikk's suggestion to change the name, maybe to something more along the lines of Devourers, Gluttons, our even Mashers. Having someone's character shout that something is on their six during a dog fight when its name sounds like it belongs to a children's breakfast cereal instead is enough for some people to be completely taken out of the experience.

D. Express that these are in fact living organisms and not planet-sized, monolithic engines of total destruction while simultaneously eliminating their status as an apocalyptic-level threat to the entire player base. Chalking them up to one of the many hazards of space travel instead and falling back on the other events mentioned previously to keep players together is likely to make people as a whole much more lenient to their existence. And while we're on the subject of clustering people together, maybe add in some GM-run, privately funded expeditions for those who don't want to be part of a faction (since they still need to work to survive), and save these devices only for when individual pilots begin straying too far away from the dropships themselves, since, as it stands right now, these are the only ships that can travel relatively safely between systems.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

1. Everything mentioning him in your game so far, apparently, since you'd probably be refering to them collectively as "Mr. Crunchies" if there were indeed more than one.

2. Please refer to the first two paragraphs of Krayzikk's last post, as I believe they provide a more than adequate response to this particular issue.

3. Potential revisions for suggestion are as follows:

A. If there's more than one of him floating around, state that he is, in fact, a species in the respective area of the game that concerns him.

B. Possibly change it so that instead of occasionally running afoul of one very large creature, players end up encountering a pack of smaller, much more manageable ones that they have to fight their way out of in order to escape, and save their "parents" for when a larger group of them becomes a potential threat to the faction ships.

C. Consider Krayzikk's suggestion to change the name, maybe to something more along the lines of Devourers, Gluttons, our even Mashers. Having someone's character shout that something is on their six during a dog fight when its name sounds like it belongs to a children's breakfast cereal instead is enough for some people to be completely taken out of the experience.

D. Express that these are in fact living organisms and not planet-sized, monolithic engines of total destruction while simultaneously eliminating their status as an apocalyptic-level threat to the entire player base. Chalking them up to one of the many hazards of space travel instead and falling back on the other events mentioned previously to keep players together is likely to make people as a whole much more lenient to their existence. And while we're on the subject of clustering people together, maybe add in some GM-run, privately funded expeditions for those who don't want to be part of a faction (since they still need to work to survive), and save these devices only for when individual pilots begin straying too far away from the dropships themselves, since, as it stands right now, these are the only ships that can travel relatively safely between systems.

Option A: I'll do that.

Option B: That's a possibility. It would keep Mr. Crunchy actually feared and not so common.

Option C: If anything, "Devourers" would best fit. Calling them "Gluttons" would only lead to having Flabbergaster in this as well.

Option D: The absolute biggest any of them would ever get is Mr. Crunchy size. And he's very big, but nowhere near planetary, only a bit bigger than the main faction ship, Ignika. And i assume, considering how many people it would have to house, it would be about as big as a skyscraper, meaning Crunchy's a good-sized asteroid. Public transportation systems would be interesting, but who would be funding them? It's not like a group of boy scouts decided to ferry strangers and possibly criminals back and forth.

And putting a vicious space Pac-Man in place to keep people from leaving is just going to make people try and kill it, not respect the boundary. 

This is exactly what happened in Asylum. People weren't scared of the monster; they wanted to kill it. And the more it autohit and godmodded to escape, the more determined the players became to make it dead. 

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the same thing happened here with crunchy dude. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy
  • Upvote 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Actually, Option D suggested the idea of instituting privately funded expeditions, not public ones. These would be more along the lines of start-up corporations looking to corner the market by collecting specific resources (such as metal, produce, or energy sources) instead of pledging themselves to a specific political idea or cause, and they'd likely be funded by a collection of investors with really deep pockets.

Maybe the more influential citizens of Xia teamed up with the Nynrah Ghosts and are now the ones in control of supplying the various factions with their weaponry. Maybe various races belonging to the Element of Iron decided to band together and form a clan of bankers, and they now quite literally control the flow of money. Either way, groups such as these always have something they need done at one point or another, which would provide an ample opportunity for employment to those who don't want to commit to any one specific faction.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Just thought I'd mention that Devourers are already a species in Bionicle. I'd give the relevant BS01 link but my phone doesn't like formatting. You could go with Astral Devourer or something if you wanted to suggest they were branches of the same species.

Also, going to be honest, these methods of trying to limit player spread sound more and more like plain old railroading the more I think about them. Can't go exploring because a star-behemoth will wreck you up. Can't really go any significant distance because the only hyperspace engines are on faction ships...meaning you have to be part of a faction to actually get anywhere and even then only wherever the GM wants you to go.

Limiting player spread would be something like limiting the power of engines, saying they can only hyperspace you so far before you're back to regular physics, necessitating either stop offs to recharge or seeking out a carrier. Or saying there are gravity lanes (or other such pseudoscience) that warp space and let you travel quickly...but only between certain planets, meaning you have to take certain routes along with other players. Or have wormholes that can take you elsewhere, meaning players wanting to use them end up bunching up. What you have currently is just removing player agency for the sake of easier life for you, which only robs them of their fun as well

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Devourer: Small Rahi that travel in swarms and eat inorganic Protodermis.

So space devourers would try to eat people's ships, I guess...

Just thought I'd mention that Devourers are already a species in Bionicle. I'd give the relevant BS01 link but my phone doesn't like formatting. You could go with Astral Devourer or something if you wanted to suggest they were branches of the same species.

Also, going to be honest, these methods of trying to limit player spread sound more and more like plain old railroading the more I think about them. Can't go exploring because a star-behemoth will wreck you up. Can't really go any significant distance because the only hyperspace engines are on faction ships...meaning you have to be part of a faction to actually get anywhere and even then only wherever the GM wants you to go.

Limiting player spread would be something like limiting the power of engines, saying they can only hyperspace you so far before you're back to regular physics, necessitating either stop offs to recharge or seeking out a carrier. Or saying there are gravity lanes (or other such pseudoscience) that warp space and let you travel quickly...but only between certain planets, meaning you have to take certain routes along with other players. Or have wormholes that can take you elsewhere, meaning players wanting to use them end up bunching up. What you have currently is just removing player agency for the sake of easier life for you, which only robs them of their fun as well

I'll think up some species name.

Star-behemoth waits in reserve for the players who think they can break the game. If it was "Only where the GM wants you to go" then i wouldn't even allow player-run factions or allow people to not be a faction member. Self-employed transportation systems would hep people get around easier and keep track of them.

Having wormholes/gravity lanes would only lead to mass combat and make people not want to use them if they are non-affiliated, as they won't come back when killed, and that doubles the chance of getting killed. Which would make people not want to be loners, and we're back to the same issue: railroading.

Having them each have their own hyperspace would be tricky too, as it would require them recharging it at a station(as you said) and that would require a station floating around a planet which could or could not be explored enough to justify that. That would mean you can't charge at a new planet, and you can't report findings/get treasure from a new planet because you're out of charge.

Honestly, i do appreciate your concern. I really don't want another Asylum to fly up and explode.

I probably should've gotten this up halloween or yesterday, but I was concerned about this not being on the top of the next page. if it isn't, I'd probably better link back to it from there.

Anyway, without further ado, the first draft of an RPG I've been working on for quite some time now. If anyone wants to be a GM, PM me ASAP.

(WARNING: LONG POST)

cooltext133558317244460.png

Introduction

Why helloooo there, my precious visitor. Well, “visitor” isn’t really the right word to use here. “Victim” is more along the line, even if I don’t like referring to people like that, but you’ll probably call yourself that for the next few weeks.

Anyway, enough beating around the bush. My name is Sagate, and this is my island.

In case you didn’t already know, this island has been tailor-made to be the most dangerous, hazardous, most lethal place on this side of the ocean! Death-traps await you in every corner of the island!

What kind of death-traps? You’ll just have to wait and find out, impatient fools! No point spoiling a surprise when you can just find out for yourself! I assure you, you’ll soon be marvelling in how ingenious and craftily designed they are!

…Until your inevitable demise, that is.

So, that just begs the question. What exactly do you do on this island?

Really?! You don’t know what to do here?! How’d you even live long enough so I could send you here?! You’re meant to survive, you idiots! It’s what any fool would do when faced with a giant island! And besides, it’d be much too boring if you died the moment you got here.

Oh! Almost forgot to ask! Why are you here? I get bored easily, so I brought you here so I can watch you struggle, of course! Naturally, once I get bored of you (which I inevitably will), I’ll just bring more people here! Variety is the spice of life, you know!

Now that you’re all filled in, I’m sure you’ll know what to do now. Will you band together with the other fools on the island, or go your own path, maybe even turn against them? Will you conquer my traps, or fall victim to them? I’m hoping it’s the latter…

Whatever your option, I’m certain I’m gonna have a bit of fun with you for the next few weeks! Well then, until your inevitable demise, Ciao!

-Sagate, your host

Background

Welcome to Sagate’s island.

You have been brought here against your will by the owner of this island, and have been forced to survive for his amusement.

The island is filled with every type of killer death-trap imaginable, spiked pitfalls, poisonous waters, man eating plants, lava-spewing volcanoes, killer brakas monkeys, etc. It is your duty to evade these traps in order to survive.

You need not worry about lack of food, as the Island has plenty of wild berries to forage, animals to hunt, and clean water to drink. However, knowing Sagate, he might introduce a strain of killer livestock or poisoned berries, so keep that in mind.

In the centre of the island resides Sagate’s fortress, where the master of the Island observes everything that happens, and also provides challenges for the victims on a regular basis, with great rewards.

Now, what will you do? Band with your fellow survivors and form an alliance? Go for the challenges to win fabulous prizes? Forge your own way in the killer landscape? Find a way to escape this mad island? Or maybe you want to get revenge on Sagate for trapping you here…

Your Choice is up to yourself, but remember… Expect the unexpected, for not everything here is all as it seems…

Gameplay

Every week or so, Sagate will either do one of one two things; Disaster Events, and Competition Events.

Disaster events are self-explanatory. Sagate will unleash a specified disaster (i.e. Floods, volcanic eruptions, toxic mist, acid rain, monster attack, etc.) In a specific area. If you get caught up in one of these, you can either run away or try to endure it. It’s advised to pick the former, as sticking around will probably get you killed.

Competition events are also self-explanatory. Sagate will put an object of great value (Like a weapon or a power-granting piece of equipment) in a random location on the Island. It is your job to go and obtain it before anyone else does. Just be warned, the Prizes are usually guarded by death-traps, so you’ll need all your wits to get them!

Additionally, Player characters can arrange their own expeditions to find hidden goodies, but will need a member of staff to guide them OOC.

Locations

Sagate’s island is located in tropical seas, and as such, a large diversity of local flora and fauna reside here. The temperature is mostly hot and humid in the lowlands, but can get very stormy in the monsoon season.

sagates_island_small.png

Savage Forest: A tangle of foliage, covered by a dense canopy. To the south are long, sandy beaches, with occasional disused monoliths. Most of the island’s most dangerous wildlife are conceived in the darkest parts of the jungle…

1: Southern Beach: An expanse of sand in which most survivors find themselves washed up on upon arrival. One of the safer places on the island, and that’s saying something.

2: Bitil’s Chasm: A large hole in the ground, with a long drop to the bottom. The moss growing on the walls makes the trip downwards a lot less perilous, even if by just a smidgeon.

3: Entrance to the Gauntlet: The only (Safe-ish) way into Sagate’s fortress, this tunnel is heavily disguised and heavily guarded, to serve as a warning for the challenges that lie ahead.

Lost City: Sprawling ancient ruins, littered with booby traps and hazards, some of which Sagate has added himself. It is said that great treasures lie within, assuming anyone makes it out alive…

1: Temple of the Sun: The largest and most important building in the city. Said to be guarded by the spirits of the curators that lived before Sagate took over.

2: Bridge to Nowhere: A half-finished stone bridge reaching over to the edge of the city from the savage forest. Usually used for brutal challenges.

Primal Coast: An expanse of Rocky hills, intertwined with thorny bushes. The main feature is the unrelenting wind that always blows in from the sea, and the blade-like precipices poking out from the ground between the hills.

1: Bay of Chaos: A cresent-shaped bay in which sunken ships lie at the seafloor, and amphibious monsters periodically rise out of…

2: Underpass entrance: The entrance to a labyrinth of tunnels leading to both Bitil’s chasm and the caves beneath the abyssal fields. It doesn’t seem to go underneath Sagate’s fortress, however…

Abyssal Fields: Barren, volcanic plains with pools of lava and choking gas on the surface, and a vast, honeycomb-like maze of tunnels beneath. Even the local island wildlife avoids this place whenever they can.

1: Forbidden Cape: a spit of land that houses a mysterious ruin. Nobody can tell what lies within, but nobody dares go near it for unknown reasons…

2: Crater of Misery: A deep pit which leads directly into a subterranean lake of lava. Less safe than Bitil’s chasm, but the rewards down there are said to be legendary.

3: Catacombs entrance: An entrance to the caves beneath the fields. Sometimes you can feel the intense heat blasting out on a calm day.

The Gauntlet: In the centre of the island, Sagate’s fortress towers above any other Structure. The many floors, corridors, and stairwells leading up to it are filled to the brim with traps, dead ends, and hidden passages. Only the fearless try to take on this mountain of death, but none have prevailed thus far…

Control room: At the helm of the Gauntlet, Sagate controls everything on the island from his observation platform. He rarely ever leaves this room, so expect him to always be here, planning his next plan of action…

Character Profiles

If you want to join in the “Fun”, simply fill in this simple form.

Name: (Self-explanatory)

Species: (or Race)

Tools: (Weapons, Armour, equipment, etc. If a weapon has an additional power, be sure to add it in…)

Powers: (Self-explanatory. Try to make the powers balanced if the weapon/mask of said character has a power)

Appearance: (What does your character look like?)

Personality: (What is your character like as a person?)

Bio: (What this character did before being abducted by Sagate)

Additonal Information: (Anything we may have missed)

Staff Characters

Name: Sagate

Species: Makuta

Tools: Jewelled Scimictar (For ceremonial reasons, but can also be used in Combat)

Powers: Fear Powers (Can make foes see their greatest Fears), Molecular Disruption (Can break down non-organic objects, but has to be in physical contact first), Telepathy

Appearance: Sagate’s imposing form is covered in Blood-red armour, adorned with Bright orange spikes that glow with an internal light. His fiery eyes sparkle with madness and cunning,

Personality: Sagate describes himself as a Cunning, conniving mastermind (and he’s partially right, there), whereas in reality he’s a sadistic man-child egomaniac with a massive god complex. Constantly feeling like he’s on top of the world, he will go to any lengths to satisfy his sick mind.

Bio: Long ago, Sagate was exiled from the brotherhood for his destructive tendencies and huge ego. Whilst wandering the world, he came across this savage island, and with his cunning and brutality, he seized it for himself. From this, he decided to abduct individuals and place them here for his own sadistic amusement.

Additonal Information: Main Antagonist. Usually resides in the control room. Portrayed by Daronus.

Name: Argota

Species: Skakdi (heavily mutated beyond recognition)

Tools: Razor-sharp claws

Powers: Shadow-Melting (Can disappear into the dark and reappear somewhere else), Pakari-level strength, Impact Vision

Appearance: Argota looks like something from a nightmare. Pitch-black armour, glowing red eyes, a mouth full of jagged teeth, an imposing, bestial frame, and sword-like spines are just the tip of the Iceberg.

Personality: Not even the most savage of creatures can compare to Argota. It isn’t that smart, and relies mostly on Primal instinct to solve problems. It can usually be found lurking in the darkest places of the island, waiting for oblivious prey to stumble by, where Argota will attack savagely and relentlessly…

Bio: Argota’s Background is kind of hazy, but a common theory is that he was once a hermit who lived on this island, but was captured and experimented on by Sagate, who made him his slave. He now patrols the island, obeying his master’s every whim…

Additonal Information: Secondary Antagonist. Can be found almost anywhere on the island, if the plot demands it. Also Portrayed by Daronus

Rules

·         BZP General Rules apply. Obviously.

·         No God-Modding. (Having stupidly overpowered attacks, dodging every attack thrown at you, pulling new powers out of nowhere, going straight to the Gauntlet and effortlessly dominating it, etc.)

·         No bunnying (Controlling other player’s characters) without permission.

·         Please identify what your character is doing/saying by using the abbreviation IC (In character) and what You are commenting on with the abbreviation OOC (Out of Character). If you’re an Experienced RPG Player, you should already know this.

·         If you wish to go on an expedition or have some your character directly involved in some sort of event, please notify one of the GMs beforehand.

·         Have fun! …or else…

That's the general gist of it. Feel free to leave your comments, critisism, feedback, and general ideas on how to improve. This is my first attempt at an RPG, after all.

• Upvote 2

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

-Why not unleash random disasters in unspecified areas instead of limiting them to one particular spot?

-Will this RPG have a plot of any kind or is it going to be just surviving disasters and following other people to steal the treasure?

-What species are going to be playable?

-How many powers & tools will be allowed?

Edited by Arnold Schwarzenegger

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Is there more plot to this than just mindless PvP survival stuff? Because I feel like players are probably going to get pretty tired of endless hunting and fighting and competing if that's all there is for them to do.

My chief concern is the amount of time and energy you will have to put into this.

The players don't know where the traps are, so you will have to GM their every move to determine if it is safe. That's a lot of time and nitpicking that some players may not enjoy at all.

-Why not unleash random disasters in unspecified areas instead of limiting them to one particular spot?

-Will this RPG have a plot of any kind or is it going to be just surviving disasters and following other people to steal the treasure?

-What species are going to be playable?

-How many powers & tools will be allowed?

-That's a good idea, but I may have to limit certain events to certain areas, because having a flood/storm in the volcanic area would be a bit silly.

-It's mostly sandbox, But I have a vague plot in mind that'll come to mind midway through.

-The standard fare, such as Toa, Matoran, Skakdi, Vortixx, etc, but there's little restrictions to what you can choose and where your character comes from a'la Bionifight Infinite. Just go crazy!

-Maximum amount of powers/tools is 3, but try to make them balanced (I.e, a toa with fire powers, a mask power and inherited night vision is alright, but a toa with 3 different elemental powers is just pushing it).

My chief concern is the amount of time and energy you will have to put into this.

The players don't know where the traps are, so you will have to GM their every move to determine if it is safe. That's a lot of time and nitpicking that some players may not enjoy at all.

Either I could do that, or have players think up their own traps to save me time to think things up. There's also going to be plenty of safe areas such as the southern beach.

As for the time and energy, I'm on here an unhealthy amount of time, so I may manage the half of it, and letting another GM do things when I'm unable to.

Is there more plot to this than just mindless PvP survival stuff? Because I feel like players are probably going to get pretty tired of endless hunting and fighting and competing if that's all there is for them to do.

Like I mentioned above, I have a vague plot planned. I have an excuse plot up here as this was Partially inspired by Bionifight infinite, which also had an excuse plot of sorts (well, until landfall happened).

Thanks for the feedback!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon