The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

Just dropping in here to register my interest in that game.

I've been looking back over my old BIONICLE stuff recently, and came across the Birth of a Dark Hunter story, particularly the bit where Nidhiki is training some new recruits.

That could be the premise: a group of new recruits/conscripts to the Dark Hunters come together and go through DH initiation and training, before being sent off on their first (team) mission: to retrieve the makoki stone that had recently been traded back to Lhikan.

Does that sound good?

• Upvote 1

ppg2.png

Just dropping in here to register my interest in that game.

I've been looking back over my old BIONICLE stuff recently, and came across the Birth of a Dark Hunter story, particularly the bit where Nidhiki is training some new recruits.

That could be the premise: a group of new recruits/conscripts to the Dark Hunters come together and go through DH initiation and training, before being sent off on their first (team) mission: to retrieve the makoki stone that had recently been traded back to Lhikan.

Does that sound good?

Welcome to the BZPRPG!

Unfortunately, such a short premise for an RP would simply not work. Most RPs here are set to run for a year or more, and you could probably stretch the entire mission out to about two months. If that is all your game will consist of, then it won't ever get approved.

The length of the game does not matter, just how much people enjoy playing it. If the game finishes and people still want to play you can simply keep going or make a sequal game.

However I would like to point out that what GoSP is suggesting could easily take a year anyway. We already have a fairly long running game about, what was it? Rahkshi Highschool? Or at least I think that's how it started. GoSP's RPG includes training and a fairly extensive quest to collect six objects from a veteran Toa.

Even if it was all the players in a fight against Lhikan by himself it could easily take a month.

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Upvote 5

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The length of the game does not matter, just how much people enjoy playing it.

So true. This is pretty much what's been keeping Corpus active recently.

The last post I can even find from Wyrd was made all the way back in March 2016. Aside from monitoring player activity and judging the occasional character profile, we Sub-GMs haven't really had to step in at all; everyone's basically just been roaming around and doing their own thing.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So, here goes nothing. What do you all think?

Project Protodermis

So, you think you have what it takes to be a Dark Hunter? To join and thrive among the most skilled and treacherous mercenaries the Matoran Universe has ever seen? Well line up, because they’re recruiting.

You will play this game as a recent recruit / conscript to the Dark Hunters, but to make it to the big time, where the real adventure and treasure start flowing in, you will need to proove your worth. For the Dark Hunters, the recruitment process is like throwing a bunch of junk into energised protodermis: a lot will get destroyed or turn out useless, but with a bit of luck, they might just get something useful at the end of it.

You will be put through your paces with a rigorous testing and training regime to bring you up to speed before you get your most important chance to proove yourself to The Shadowed One. You will be sent on your first mission with a team of other new recruits codenamed Project Protodermis. Your mission: to retrieve the Makoki Stone from Metru Nui, where it is being held by Lhikan and the other Toa Mangai. The Shadowed One plans to split the stone into six pieces and auction off each one to the highest bidder. If you are successful, one half of the selling price will be split among the team, and each member will be presented with their own unique weapon as the final step in their initiation as a full Dark Hunter.

This game will take place in the year 1,999 BGC, just after the Toa/Dark Hunter War ended, on the islands of Odina and Metru Nui.

Character Creation:

Name:

Species:

Appearance:

Powers:

Skills:

Backstory:

You can create your own custom character for this game, or make this game the backstory for how one of the canon hunters came to join (within reason).

Edited by GoSP

ppg2.png

Yeah, it is pretty short. What key stuff is missing though?

From my quick look at other RPGs, most of them seem to have lengthy sections detailing the story leading up to the game, the custom locations around the game, the groups involved, and the mechanics at play within it. For my idea though, there just isn't that much to say about those things. The preceding story is just the BIONICLE canon that I'm assuming everyone knows about. The locations are just Odina and later, Metru Nui. These are known places, just like the Dark Hunters and Toa Mangai are known groups. Should I reiterate a bunch of stuff about all of these, or just trust players to know their stuff, or else look it up on BS01?

It looks like they all have a rules section though, and a banner, so I'll look at adding those. I'll also look at any more suggested additions that people bring up.

ppg2.png

It's usually a solid practice to try and explain things, even what might seem like common knowledge, than regulating members to wikis and the like. Wikis, while helpful, don't often provide a great sense of the in-game location, or the in-game story one is going with (I used to utilize wikis for a lot of RP's in the past, and ultimately I had to read the actual stories instead since it felt so unhelpful at the time -- 1200 chapters of information collectively, sheesh). There's also the likelihood people might be interested, but say, weren't around when the Dark Hunters were a primary force in the canon and, so, have less knowledge about them and an explanation for that isn't unhelpful to have. 

Same for like, explanations of layouts of locations like Odina and Metru-Nui. I remember Metru-Nui pretty well, but I don't have many solid memories of Odina and a refresher is always good to have for people (and a good use of the in-game reference and interpretation of that location). There's also likely a lot of fans nowadays that weren't around for the Metru-Nui arc (it is... 13/12 years old now? )

A rules section is always, IMO, necessary. It provides limits and lines for players to abide by (and provides a refresher on important rules -- like no Bunnying characters without permission, or god-moderating in a given game). Combat's largely what drives up a lot of OOC drama in my experience so having clear cut rules over it would help create a basis in case arguments/disputes arise and the rules can be used as a basis to resolve them. 

• Upvote 1

Project Protodermis

So, you think you have what it takes to be a Dark Hunter? To join and thrive among the most skilled and treacherous mercenaries the Matoran Universe has ever seen? Well line up, because they’re recruiting.

You will play this game as a recent recruit / conscript to the Dark Hunters, but to make it to the big time, where the real adventure and treasure start flowing in, you will need to prove your worth. For the Dark Hunters, the recruitment process is like throwing a bunch of junk into energised protodermis: a lot will get destroyed or turn out useless, but with a bit of luck, they might just get something useful at the end of it. (#1)

You will be put through your paces with a rigorous testing and training regime to bring you up to speed before you get your most important chance to prove yourself to The Shadowed One. You will be sent on your first mission with a team of other new recruits codenamed Project Protodermis. Your mission: to retrieve the Makoki Stone from Metru Nui, where it is being held by Lhikan and the other Toa Mangai. The Shadowed One plans to split the stone into six pieces and auction off each one to the highest bidder. If you are successful, one half of the selling price will be split among the team, and each member will be presented with their own unique weapon as the final step in their initiation as a full Dark Hunter. (#2)

This game will take place in the year 1,999 BGC, just after the Toa/Dark Hunter War ended, on the islands of Odina and Metru Nui. (#3)

Character Creation:

Name:

Species:

Appearance:

Powers:

Skills:

Backstory:

You can create your own custom character for this game, or make this game the backstory for how one of the canon hunters came to join (within reason). (#4)

Just some things I either wanted to point out or receive some extra clarification on:

1. As far as what can be gathered from their BS01 page, the Dark Hunter recruitment process was a lot less random than you seem to be making it out to be. While the psychological and combat training are fairly accurate, the group as a whole tended to use other tactics to increase their numbers as well; candidates are often times forced into the organisation (Gatherer), mutated against their will to prevent them from leaving (Nidhiki), or are coerced into joining due to various other reasons (such as kidnapping Mimic's companion and then offering to help him "find" her in exchange for his loyalty).

In short, whether the potential recruit wants to be there or not is largely irrelevant; what really matters here is that characters are capable enough to be accepted into their ranks. Now obviously, this should only apply from an IC reasoning standpoint, as you still want the RPG to be fair and all, but I just figured that providing some additional insight into how they actually operated would make things a bit more believable.

2. While stealing back the Makoki Stone does work as a starting point for the plot itself, it might be a good idea to come up with some additional missions if and when players wish for the story to progress even further, especially since there isn't really a point in handing out rewards five minutes before the conclusion of the entire RPG. Thankfully, there's already an abundance of relatively vague events in canon (such as Orde's capture, the war with the Brotherhood of Makuta, the team sent to Zakaz following the Piraka's departure, and their occupation of Xia, just to throw some out there) that one could take inspiration from, and sprinkling a few smaller, random events in between them probably wouldn't hurt either. That way, people can also simply join up and jump in whenever instead of potentially being discouraged from doing so, simply because the game's "probably ending soon."

3. Might want to put some detail into the locations, especially Odina. You know, things like where the armory is, where they train, rest, etc. It is their home base, after all, even if they aren't trusted with its exact location until after they graduate. The list of locations can then be expanded upon as the story progresses.

4. Playing canon characters tends to be frowned upon in here unless they're GM-controlled NPCs, but there are a few other concerns I have with the current template as well. First of all, the majority of Dark Hunters were actually known by their codenames, and not their originals. Will this be making an appearance? And what beings will actually be playable? Keep in mind that the Brotherhood likely wouldn't allow one of their own to join up, and that they'd be super OP without significant nerfing. Other species, such as Botar's, who can feasibly teleport all over the MU, have similar issues as well. Even if it does turn out to be quite large and doesn't make it into the game's overview itself, I suggest having a list of the ones you'd be willing to allow in on standby before trying to progress any further.

These are just my current opinions. Feel free to pick and choose whichever ones you personally feel need to be addressed.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yeah, it is pretty short. What key stuff is missing though?

From my quick look at other RPGs, most of them seem to have lengthy sections detailing the story leading up to the game, the custom locations around the game, the groups involved, and the mechanics at play within it. For my idea though, there just isn't that much to say about those things. The preceding story is just the BIONICLE canon that I'm assuming everyone knows about. The locations are just Odina and later, Metru Nui. These are known places, just like the Dark Hunters and Toa Mangai are known groups. Should I reiterate a bunch of stuff about all of these, or just trust players to know their stuff, or else look it up on BS01?

It looks like they all have a rules section though, and a banner, so I'll look at adding those. I'll also look at any more suggested additions that people bring up.

Take a page from Marvel's book and reiterate the same things in a new fashion.

...but close to it

Kitastrophe and Timageness both raise very good points.

I would like to personally suggest you think about how different Metru Nui would be right after something as significant as the Toa/Dark Hunter War. They are likely still on a war footing. Defences up everywhere, extra Toa running around. A rather spooked populous ready to report any suspected Dark Hunter movements.

Also the banners are mostly just there to raise awareness of your RPG in other areas of BZP. While cool if neither you nor many of your players spend much time in the other sub-forums you don't need to go to the effort of getting one made.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. You make a lot of good points, and the game will be stronger for them.

Also, there was a lot of it, so I apologise of my responses are a little short (!). If I don't address one of your points directly, rest assured that I will bear it in mind during my revisions. So, with that out of the way:

It's usually a solid practice to try and explain things, even what might seem like common knowledge, than regulating members to wikis and the like. Wikis, while helpful, don't often provide a great sense of the in-game location, or the in-game story one is going with (I used to utilize wikis for a lot of RP's in the past, and ultimately I had to read the actual stories instead since it felt so unhelpful at the time -- 1200 chapters of information collectively, sheesh). There's also the likelihood people might be interested, but say, weren't around when the Dark Hunters were a primary force in the canon and, so, have less knowledge about them and an explanation for that isn't unhelpful to have. 

Same for like, explanations of layouts of locations like Odina and Metru-Nui. I remember Metru-Nui pretty well, but I don't have many solid memories of Odina and a refresher is always good to have for people (and a good use of the in-game reference and interpretation of that location). There's also likely a lot of fans nowadays that weren't around for the Metru-Nui arc (it is... 13/12 years old now? )

A rules section is always, IMO, necessary. It provides limits and lines for players to abide by (and provides a refresher on important rules -- like no Bunnying characters without permission, or god-moderating in a given game). Combat's largely what drives up a lot of OOC drama in my experience so having clear cut rules over it would help create a basis in case arguments/disputes arise and the rules can be used as a basis to resolve them. 

I can see the value in a single, east reference point for all of the game relevant information. Also, maps? Sure, I can do maps. Maps are fun. And helpful for reference.

Just some things I either wanted to point out or receive some extra clarification on:

1. As far as what can be gathered from their BS01 page, the Dark Hunter recruitment process was a lot less random than you seem to be making it out to be. While the psychological and combat training are fairly accurate, the group as a whole tended to use other tactics to increase their numbers as well; candidates are often times forced into the organisation (Gatherer), mutated against their will to prevent them from leaving (Nidhiki), or are coerced into joining due to various other reasons (such as kidnapping Mimic's companion and then offering to help him "find" her in exchange for his loyalty).

In short, whether the potential recruit wants to be there or not is largely irrelevant; what really matters here is that characters are capable enough to be accepted into their ranks. Now obviously, this should only apply from an IC reasoning standpoint, as you still want the RPG to be fair and all, but I just figured that providing some additional insight into how they actually operated would make things a bit more believable.

2. While stealing back the Makoki Stone does work as a starting point for the plot itself, it might be a good idea to come up with some additional missions if and when players wish for the story to progress even further, especially since there isn't really a point in handing out rewards five minutes before the conclusion of the entire RPG. Thankfully, there's already an abundance of relatively vague events in canon (such as Orde's capture, the war with the Brotherhood of Makuta, the team sent to Zakaz following the Piraka's departure, and their occupation of Xia, just to throw some out there) that one could take inspiration from, and sprinkling a few smaller, random events in between them probably wouldn't hurt either. That way, people can also simply join up and jump in whenever instead of potentially being discouraged from doing so, simply because the game's "probably ending soon."

3. Might want to put some detail into the locations, especially Odina. You know, things like where the armory is, where they train, rest, etc. It is their home base, after all, even if they aren't trusted with its exact location until after they graduate. The list of locations can then be expanded upon as the story progresses.

4. Playing canon characters tends to be frowned upon in here unless they're GM-controlled NPCs, but there are a few other concerns I have with the current template as well. First of all, the majority of Dark Hunters were actually known by their codenames, and not their originals. Will this be making an appearance? And what beings will actually be playable? Keep in mind that the Brotherhood likely wouldn't allow one of their own to join up, and that they'd be super OP without significant nerfing. Other species, such as Botar's, who can feasibly teleport all over the MU, have similar issues as well. Even if it does turn out to be quite large and doesn't make it into the game's overview itself, I suggest having a list of the ones you'd be willing to allow in on standby before trying to progress any further.

These are just my current opinions. Feel free to pick and choose whichever ones you personally feel need to be addressed.

1. I am aware that not all members joined voluntarily, which is why I used "recruit / conscript" in the second paragraph. If you want to play a character who got dragged there, I am totally cool with that.
  2. This is a fair point but, as Silvan Haven pointed out above, just getting through the first mission could take quite some time. If, at the end of that time, people want to keep playing, I will happily set up more missions, and I will make this clear in my rewrites.
  3. You want a map, you got a map (in the future).
  4. I can't believe I overlooked the codenames. I'll definitely add a profile section for that.As for the species, yeah, I'll have to look at that in the character vetting process. Having a Makuta character would be both game-breaking and storyline ridiculous, so obviously they wouldn't get the thumbs up. Canon characters would have to go through the same standards for approval. nobody will get to play Kraata-Kal (overpowered) or Lariska (she joined before the war). Subterranean, on the other hand, is a reasonably powered character who was canonically mutated during the war, and was brought back to Odina at the end of the war to be recruited. He would be a perfect candidate for someone to pick up and play, and it might be a cool way to flesh out a background character. I don't expect there to be many (if any) canon characters that get played, but if someone has a favourite Dark Hunter that they would love to play, I'd like to keep the option open to them.

Add assorted cheeses. Everybody loves assorted cheeses. Except for people that don't...

I will attempt to work the phrase "assorted cheeses" into the game, somehow.

Take a page from Marvel's book and reiterate the same things in a new fashion.

I'm not really a Marvel fan, put point taken nonetheless!

Kitastrophe and Timageness both raise very good points.

I would like to personally suggest you think about how different Metru Nui would be right after something as significant as the Toa/Dark Hunter War. They are likely still on a war footing. Defences up everywhere, extra Toa running around. A rather spooked populous ready to report any suspected Dark Hunter movements.

Also the banners are mostly just there to raise awareness of your RPG in other areas of BZP. While cool if neither you nor many of your players spend much time in the other sub-forums you don't need to go to the effort of getting one made.

I think the altered state of Metru Nui is something that would be best experienced IC, or perhaps as a mission briefing just before we get there. There would be benefits to Odina being laid out from the start, but, well, I do love brevity and this game is starting to look looooong.

So, that's all for now, and I'll go make all of those changes. In the mean time, more feedback / ideas are always welcome.

ppg2.png

I had an idea for an RPG that takes place after the main bionicle story.

Story :

After the fight between Mata Nui and Makuta Teridax, Spherus Magna had been reformed. With everything in chaos the element lords took over (by now they had learned their lesson about not trying to use planet juice) The element lords represent the elements of : Stone, Earth, Fire, Ice, water, and Jungle. The Dark Hunters are also still present and are still led by the Shadowed One (because he moved to Spherus Magna). As of recently tension has begun the elemental lord of Jungle suspects that the elemental lord of Water is hiding something. And the elemental lord of Fire is rumored to have found a way to create energized protodermis. The Dark Hunters are also causing many problems for the other inhabitants of Spherus Magna.

Elements :

Crystal, Electricity, Air, Earth, Stone, Fire, Water, Ice, Iron, Gravity, Sonics, Plasma, Jungle, Light, and Shadow. 

Places :

The Great Jungle (Bota Magna) - Ruled by the elemental lord of Jungle, There are many villages in the trees due to all the vicious Rahi that roam below, Many Agori and Skakdi live in The Great Jungle.

The Ocean (Aqua Magna) - Ruled by the elemental lord of Water, The Barraki also inhabit the deepest sections of the ocean, An underwater city is also rumored to be there but the elemental lord of Water denies it.

The Wasteland (Bara Magna) - Ruled by the elemental lord of Stone, A great city carved of stone resides here, As well as a massive dessert.

The Crystal Fields - A city of Vortixx is here they manufacture weapons and sell it to whoever buys, The Great Crystal the largest crystal of them all and is the size of a mountain.

The Underground Cave system - Ruled by the elemental lord of Earth, There are many tunnels here and one of them leads to an underground city, The makuta fled to these caves and haven't been seen since.

The Volcano Fields - Ruled by the elemental lord of Fire, A city resides next to the lava lakes they forge the best masks and armor or at least that's what they say, Lava lakes massive pools of lava flowing straight out of the volcanoes.

The Frozen Mountains - Ruled by the elemental lord of Ice, Many villages of ice are here, A hidden vault containing great treasures is rumored to be hidden somewhere in the mountains.

And A Few Archipelago's (groups of islands) - A few villages are here, One of the islands also contains the Dark Hunter base.

There are also new inhabitants on Spherus Magna, here is a list of all the species that would be present :

Agori, Glatorian, Matoran, Toa, Skakdi, Vortixx, Makuta, Zyglak, Rahkshi, Skrall, Bohrok, Barraki, and Rahi.

The character sheet:

Name :

Species :

Description  :

Powers and/or weapons ::

Weakness :

Alignment :

History :

Personality :

Rules :Regular BZPRPG rules

( I decided to end this idea because of a few things:

1. Bara Magna is a huge place, way to big to keep track of.

2. It lacks proper story elements.

3. And it would take a ridiculous amount of time to travel due to Bara Magna's size.)

Edited by Medalis

Seems like you did a fair amount of world building without too much story building. While running around as a Toa of Light on Spherus Magna appeals to my inner sci-fantasy hero, the current form of the RPG gives my theoretical character very little to do.

Sanboxes may be fun but they need some story elements to help shape them and give your players specific goals. Otherwise you just have a bunch of people going off in random directions doing their own thing.

You should probably get rid of the tech/weapon and allowed mask sections. I can guarantee that more survived the battle than what you have listed in the former and as far as the latter goes, I've always noticed that everybody has an easier time of it when people can chose whatever masks they like and any OP or plot restricted masks get picked out in the character approval stage.

Both your profile and rules sections appear to have been lifted wholesale from the BZPRPG. While they are good at what they do, those were built and tweaked specifically for that game. My suggestion would be to pull from some of the smaller RPGs instead.

• Upvote 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Hi Bionicle36. As someone who has also just suggested a game, let me pass on some of the feedback I received, with a bit of my own.

For people who are playing the game, it helps to have more information about the world of the game than just lists of items. Could you include more information about the places in this new world, like where they are, what they are like and who lives there?

Also, the plot could do with some more detailing. At the moment, it barely exists: we have a world and some characters who took over, but are they the antagonists, or just more worldbuilding? What will the player characters be doing? What are their goals, and how will they reach them? In short, what will the story of the game be?

Finally, your rules got mixed in with the character sheet, so you'll want to separate those back into seperate sections.

ppg2.png

Aside from the stuff that people have already pointed out, it seems to me that the scope of the game is a bit too big. Spherus Magna is a colossally huge planet, and making the whole thing playable is going to end with a lot of player spread.

I'd probably suggest reigning in both the locations and the story, maybe focus on one specific region of the planet. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Draft #2 is now live! As always, feedback is appreciated.

ppg2.png

You will play this game as a recent recruit / conscript to the Dark Hunters, but to make it to the big time, where the real adventure and treasure start flowing in, you will need to proove your worth. For the Dark Hunters, the recruitment process is like throwing a bunch of junk into energised protodermis: a lot will get destroyed or turn out useless, but with a bit of luck, they might just get something useful at the end of it.

You will be put through your paces with a rigorous testing and training regime to bring you up to speed before you get your most important chance to proove yourself to The Shadowed One. You will be sent on your first mission with a team of other new recruits codenamed Project Protodermis.

Your mission will be to retrieve the Makoki Stone from Metru Nui, where it is being held by Lhikan and the other Toa Mangai. The Shadowed One plans to split the stone into six pieces and auction off each one to the highest bidder. If you are successful, one half of the selling price will be split among the team, and each member will be presented with their own unique weapon as the final step in their initiation as a full Dark Hunter.

Game Info:

General:

This game will take place in the year 1,999 BGC, just after the Toa/Dark Hunter War ended, on the islands of Odina and Metru Nui.

Assorted Cheeses

After the first mission is completed, other missions may be given, depending on payer interest and how long it takes to get to that point.

Locations:

The island of Odina is 55 kio long by 37.2 kio wide. For reference, that’s a bit bigger than Metru Nui both ways (47.6 kio by 24 kio).

ppom.png

• Most of the island is surrounded by steep cliffs, leading into a ring of mountains filled with rocky slopes and precipitous canyons. This makes entry very difficult and time-consuming, except by flight.
  • To the northwest of the island, the cliffs are replaced by a putrid swampy marshland where mangrove thickets block access by sea. There is a way through to the island’s only dock, but it is hidden and well guarded.
  • From the dock, a narrow path winds through an area where the mountains are lower and less treacherous. This provides the the main way through to the island’s interior
  • The southern half of the island is taken up by the Dark Hunter Fortress, a maze of living stone that rearranges itself at the Shadowed One’s whim. The sheer scale of the fortress dwarfs all others: it is larger than the entire islands of Destral and Daxia combined. The city-sized stronghold isn’t just headquarters for the Dark Hunters, it holds holds everything. Factories, workshops, prisons, treasuries, command posts, training facilities, labs, storehouses, and quarters enough for every Dark Hunter and all of the enslaved Matoran who work on the island. Everything is carved from the massive, extinct volcano that once dominated the island.
  • Ringing the outside of the fortress are a number of smaller defence towers, each connected to the main structure by covered tunnels. Each of these towers is a semi-autonomous base in its own right, and they are often used as headquarters for various projects of the Dark Hunters. One such compound will house Project Protodermis.

ppcm2.png

The main features of the compound are (clockwise from top):

• The central tower, which is home to Nidhiki and a number of other Dark Hunters, but is off-limits to the trainees.
  • The obstacle courses, where the trainees will meet a number of challenges and hone their skills.
  • The barracks, where the trainees will live together, and spend time when they are not training.
  • The slave quarters, home to the Matoran who work in and maintain the compound.
  • The holding cells, used for rahi or troublesome recruits.
  • A tunnel connecting the central tower back to the main Dark Hunter fortress.
  • The combat arena
  • The armoury
  • The storehouse

Character Creation:

Name:

Codename:

Species:

Appearance:

Powers:

Skills:

Backstory:

You can create your own custom character for this game, or make this game the backstory for how one of the canon hunters came to join (within reason).

Before play begins, each character will need to be approved by the GM. Characters that would break the game (like a Makuta) or whose presence would break the BIONICLE story (like a bohrok) will not be approved. Use your own common sense here.

Rules:

·      Follow the forum rules

·      Play your best

·      Don’t be a jerk to other players

·      Follow the combat rules as outlined for the BZPRPG

• Upvote 2

ppg2.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've started rewriting(or, properly writing) a mech sports RPG idea. Currently there's CTF, paintball, and a thing called puntball ill explain once its written out. Also, three different kinds of mechs.

Alternatively, in the face of a dark hunters RPG, I had the vague idea for an OoMn one, kinda like an opposing counterpart. Nothing on that atm.

• Upvote 2

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

And thus, the era of implementing RPG Crossovers was born.

We're still trying to recover from the fallout to this very day. :P

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I usually don't contribute much to this topic, but I really have to say something just so people get the picture.

Please stop putting "follow BZPRPG rules" in the rules sections of your RPGs.

The BZPRPG is a completely different RPG, meaning that your own RPG shouldn't at all work off those.

It's incongruent and doesn't work.

They work somewhat less well when you shove them into your RPG wholesale.

While I will probably never completely agree with some of the more nitty gritty mechanical details that the BZPRPG staff have set down, the basic rule set is solid and general enough. A GM that felt they needed more specific combat rules could do worse than to grab relevant sections, as GoSP has done.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I seem to recall someone working on a Federation of Fear RPG a while back as well.

Whatever happened to that one, anyway? Might be cool to see some more villains running around.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

• 1 month later...

Hello RPG enthusiasts! Just wanted to drop by and share my own idea for an RPG that I've had since I first delved into this area of BZPower. Here is a short summary I've made regarding the concept:

“Gather around friends, and listen again to the legend of the Bionicle...”

After the Great Cataclysm, the inhabitants of Metru-Nui, lead by the Turaga, arrive on the island of Mata-Nui. However, to their surprise, they are met with a native people who already claimed the island as their home, having long ago named the island “Okoto”. After a tense exchange between the leaders of both groups, the Turaga and the Okotan Protectors–with the counsel of the mask-makers Ekimu and Makuta–arrived at an agreement: the people of Metru-Nui would be allowed to settle amongst the Okotans, so long as they did not obtrude upon their beliefs and customs. This worked for a time, and the two peoples flourished. But recent events have threatened to bring this fragile peace to its breaking point, and as the Great Prophecy begins to unfold, the hopes of peace may fall away into total war.

I'm still working out the details, but I wanted to hear what you all think first. It's premise is that it fuses Gen 1 and Gen 2 together.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Crossovers are usually frowned upon in here, but this is pretty much just melding two different generations of Bionicle together, so...

Alright. Sounds interesting. I suppose I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

To be perfectly fair, if we're still taking some small part of the actual canon into consideration, only the Turaga would've probably freaked out, as everyone else would've likely still had amnesia after emerging from their canisters. And to be honest, the rest of the Matoran could've just as easily brushed it off as the senility of a bunch of strange elderly folks, especially since they wouldn't have been able to remember them, either.

Or the Mask Maker could've simply had another name and adopted the title after becoming an avatar of the original Makuta, who couldn't initially set foot on Mata Nui, due to some yet to be defined plot reason. Whatever works, really.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

To be perfectly fair, if we're still taking some small part of the actual canon into consideration, only the Turaga would've probably freaked out, as everyone else would've likely still had amnesia after emerging from their canisters. And to be honest, the rest of the Matoran could've just as easily brushed it off as the senility of a bunch of strange elderly folks, especially since they wouldn't have been able to remember them, either.

Or the Mask Maker could've simply had another name and adopted the title after becoming an avatar of the original Makuta, who couldn't initially set foot on Mata Nui, due to some yet to be defined plot reason. Whatever works, really.

That actually sound like a very good idea. Mind if I use it?

Edit: That last idea, I mean.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

That would require the Matoran to stop seeing the Turaga as wise leaders. As well as making them ungrateful little idiots considering that even with amnesia they should know who brought them out of the stasis pods.

The mask maker acting as an avatar of Makuta makes a certain amount of sense if glanced at. Makuta made a deal with Vakama not to attack Mata Nui for a year in return for Vakama not breaking the Vahi.

Of course, sending an avatar is a pretty solid attack anyway and would break the deal. Also it means that everybody would be quite used to calling the mask maker by his real name and would have no real reason to call him Makuta.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1