The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

Believe it or not, I actually have the exact opposite problem while writing, which is part of the reason why the first draft of my current... project is still only about a third of the way finished.

Well, that, a recent lack of motivation, and the fact that I have at least one character in every active RPG, anyway.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

People -can- leave the train.

It's not a great idea, and I've imposed limitations of food and water that will dissuade it, but leaving the train is totally allowed, and I'll write those GM posts accordingly until such point that those characters either rejoin the train or die of starvation and dehydration.

That choice is ultimately the players, and I won't take that from them.

@ The Space RPG

Well the main thing I can say is that a whole lot of the stuff we brought up or suggested have not been brought up in the second draft. there have been some pretty good changes though. I know it's a lot of work but a well crafted RPG is worth the effort.

On the subject of wepons, might as well just go with the more normal Bionicle ones and let people come up with their own sci-fi stuff if they want to.

I'll do a proper job of going over it in a bit.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Same as above, if you post something here, it's about getting feedback and suggestions. Only change I noticed is eliminating types of ships.

Off-topic: This TBRPG gives me feeling that I have to make Bionicle-themed Space RPG (non-TBRPG, regular PC game) someday. I am currently working on Bionicle sandbox RPG. Gonna post that on BZP when I make some progress.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Our story starts even before the bionicle on spherus magna. Odd creatures known as "The Terrible Beings" built a fortress in the center of the largest desert on Spherus magna. Their kind died in an uprising of their servants, who became known as "The Scholars." It was a time of peace and learning, but they died in the splitting of Spherus magna. After Mata Nui caused the planet to be complete again the city reappeared. Now it is being inhabited by toa, matoran, agori, glatorian, and other creatures from both worlds. But only the stongest survive, those whose destinies are manipulated by players. A mechanism The scholars built to disable ranged weapons began to work with the coming of living things. you are welcome no matter where you are in the Matoran universe ( the koros).

There are no NPCs as they are not always manipulated by players and quickly die in the harsh desert. 

Edited by le-toa_rock

So if we have an idea for an RPG, do we just post an overall summary of the setting and that here? I just wrote a bunch of stuff based off an old story idea of mine, do I just post that?

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Pretty much, yeah.

From the first post of this topic:

ANY WORK IS WORK TO SHOW: Even if it’s just a sentence or two outlining the basics of your plot and game play ideas, we want to hear it! 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Righto, here goes nothing. Introdcing(or whatever):

AQUA BELLATORES (I could change it to something simpler but I like Aqua Bellatores, means 'Water Warriors')

After a series of catastrophic asteroid impacts, the surface world has been rendered uninhabitable. Thankfully, the oceans are a vast and spacious place(if you look at it right) and the survivors had long enough to construct the first few Stations, fully enclosed and fully self-sufficient underwater settlements.

It has been a few generations since those first asteroids fell. While the Matoran, Toa and other species that now reside deep beneath the ocean surface are by no means water-breathing master swimmers(unless you're a Ga-Toa with a Kaukau, but ya know), but the people have still adapted. Most people can withstand higher pressures than their ancestors and all have stronger lungs. Some technologies have moved forward; 'Autogills', devices that can draw the oxygen from surrounding water, are semi-common items of use, motors have been evolved and are now strong enough to propel enclosed submersibles through the water at considerable speed. Weapons have also been improved; ranged weapons are more common, from simple spring-loaded harpoon guns to the advanced rotary missile guns one may occasionally see(kinda like a Cordak Blaster).

I can post more, like my stuff about the Stations or transportation between them, but only if people ask for it.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

That sounds like a lot of fun

The only problem I could see about it would be that an experienced Ga-Toa with a Kaukau would be near-invincible.

Edited by Unicode

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I know, that has been a thought on my mind. I mean, I could restrict Kaukaus with them like how Dasaka can't use the Mask o' TK in the regular RPG, but I'm not sure. It's a thought.

You could say they have a time limit.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Saying that, from memory regular Kaukaus do have a time limit, it gives the ability to breathe water for a while. It was the Nuva that gave you the near-unlimited ability. Yeah, that'll work. Thanks.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Huh, as a fan of underwater (to the point of posting my own such idea in here, whoops) this is interesting, and i do immediately notice how different it manages to be from my own, more ragged setting. with more of a tech-based feel to the world. o:

[ah shoot, not to derail, but speaking of my earlier RPG concept, i've been writing up the mutation table, and i was wondering if it's really fair of me to include speicies' existing abilities there? {i.e. "Elastic skin" or "Sensory barbels" which are what makes some of them worth playing as. :0}]

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

[ah shoot, not to derail, but speaking of my earlier RPG concept, i've been writing up the mutation table, and i was wondering if it's really fair of me to include speicies' existing abilities there? {i.e. "Elastic skin" or "Sensory barbels" which are what makes some of them worth playing as. :0}]

It comes down to you ultimately, but that's not what you're asking so:

I would include the basic attributes of species', physical and mental. I assume there's some minor modifications the players can add or take away, so you wouldn't be restricting creativity, you'd just give them a springboard to work off from.

I just got an idea and I would really (really, really, really, really) like to hear ideas, critism and whether you would actually play it.

Many things are to-be-written. Many, many, many. I don't have much time now and also don't know how this will be accepted.

Bionicle roguelike (Realm of the Teridax)

Teridax have called many Toa to his realm. He wants to use them as a simple way to get rid of them and train his minions - Rahkshi, Bohrok, Vahki and many more. Toa are said to play a single game with him - If all of his minions fell, Toa can fight him. He may think this is impossible, but of course, Teridax has underestimated Toa again and his plan is not going very well.

World

The Realm of the Teridax is a huge island surounded by ocean from all sides. Far from all other land, everything other is impossible to reach. Island itself has many different areas, including forest, plains, deserts and finally mountains in the middle of the island. Closer to the mountains, tougher the enemies and land.

East coastline
One of two places where Toa may appear. Extending up to north and south, it is largest sandy beach on whole island and hosts mostly weak Rahi. Should be ideal for new Toa to adapt to island and get basic loot.
East plains
Hosting mostly Vahki and Rahkshi at night, this place is tougher than beach, but still quite manageable for weaker Toa.

East forest

Tougher than plains, this place hosts Rahkshi but also swarms of Bohrok. Covered in darkness by treetops, you can meet groups of Rahkshi even when it's day.

West coastline
Second place where Toa may spawn, terrain is more hostile here than on its east counterpart. Rather than sandy beach, this place is full of cliffs and rocks. Again, it's home mostly to some weaker Rahi.

West plains

Mostly same as east plains. (to be extended)

West forest

Mostly same as east forest. (to be extended)

Great desert

Covering most of west side of the island, great desert is a place hosting many species of Makuta. (to be named)

North plains

This place have slightly tougher enemies than both east and west plains. It is still safest way to get from west side to east side and back.

Wastelands

Colder and tougher, this place surrounds mountains. Hosting harder enemies, this place is to be feared by novices. It is a land similar to desert, but with some sparse vegetation.

Mountains

This place is full of Dark Hunters, guarded by most elite Rahkshi and home to some Makuta, such as Icarax and Antroz. (we don't care much about canon here). Deep in the mountains, there is a staircase to Teridax's underground base.

Characters

Everybody plays as a Toa. Due to presence of Makuta, nature of Toa elemental forces was slightly altered. More extensive usage of them is called magic. You can choose between one of six primary elements, gravity, plasma, magnetism and iron. Also, being roguelike game, you can choose your class. As toa gain experience, their level of skills grow, making them able to wield more powerful weapons, channeling their powers in better way and using better tactics (and more of course). Maximal level is 15 and they are gained slowly over time. Level-ups will be announced by GMs.

Mage uses elemental powers to shoot powerful blasts of energy. He uses staves to channel this energy. Those blasts alters depending on mage's element. (to be detailed)

Archer uses bow (or crossbow) to harm his enemies. Stronger bows can channel his elemental energy.

Rogue is a sneaky Toa who specialize in short distance fights. He is not a tank however and usually deals damage with longer itervals. Stronger daggers can channel elemental energy.

Hunter usually hides and uses his traps to surprise enemies. Good hunter can force elemental powers into these traps. Hunter also uses bow, but he is not as good with it as archer is.

Warrior deals huge damage using swords. He can dual wield shorter swords or use two-handed weapons, but do not use shield.

Priest channels weaker magic through his staff to deal damage, but more importantly channels his elemental energy to heal himself and allies.

Paladin is a warrior that uses his powers less to deal damage and more to give him and allies a magical buffs.

Note: More to come

Gear

Types of weapons varies for each class. To summarize it, mage and priest use staves, archer and hunter use bows and crossbows, rogue uses daggers, warrior and paladin use swords.

Each character also have armor. Mage and priest use robes to enhance their magic, archer, hunter and rogue uses lighter, usually leather armor and warrior with paladin uses heavier armor.

Kanohi is another piece of gear that Toa use. They come with powerless Kanohi and can find another one. Those are however much harder to find than other gear.

Toa aren't skilled enough to make weapons, armor or kanohi themselves. They acquire them from enemies they defeat or in chests of more powerful species.

Enemies

Weaker enemies are controlled by players who are fighting them (with some common sense). They can drop some less powerful gear, but that also depends on location (wasteland enemy will drop better sword than a rahi on beach).

At least once per week, a more powerful species of Makuta will appear - an Event. Due to monotony of game, they are probably going to attract players. These can be Bahrag, legion of Rahkshi... They are always announced telepathically by Teridax himself and can be less powerful in plains or pure terror in wastelands. Those are controlled by GMs and can kill you if you underestimate them. Rewards for those tougher guys are more powerful gear and crazy amount of experience.

Some enemies will guard entrances to dungeons. Those host amounts of bad guys and also bosses on end. If you are alone, don't dare to enter these.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

So I have been looking at the RPGs available, and none seem to have any Spherus Magna sentients to play as. I am not sure if I myself want to run an RPG, so I'll just put the idea here:

The setting is on Bara Magna after the Core War and the planetary fragmentation of Spherus Magna. For thousands of years the planet has been thrown into an 'Age of Anarchy', a general term because the land is divided by city-state kingdoms and everyone does as they please because there is no general peace council organization. Also, there is no immortality for people, so don't expect Ackar and Vastus to be born/still be kicking if they both fought in the Core War and fought with Mata Nui. Here, agori are just like humans except with brown-tinged vibrant skin colors and are not the only sentients around.

Tajun (tay-zhune) has always had a large influx of fresh water due to it's great water springs, and thus much of the water in Neala (the region of Bara Magna explored in 2009) comes from there (aside from the muddy Skrall River). Tesara  (tey-sar-ah) also holds great springs, so there would be rivalries between these two. More springs were discovered east of Arah and west of Khot-Khad (Gatherer's Ridge). Though the two disliked each other, no one would have thought that Tajunite king Kyono would have raised an army and besieged the twin cities of Tese (teh-say) and Arah (Tesara was a royal union between these two). Unprepared, the twin cities rotted for five years before they gave way to Tajunite forces (lasting so long because they had plenty of water, they just ran out of food). Tese was sacked while Arah was spared, Tese's sacking being a message to Arah to comply with the takeover and offer little resistance. People now feared Tajun, going from island-bound city-state, to a rising hydraulic empire (a state that monopolizes water trade distribution). When Tajun rode out to Vulkanus (replacement of C with K is a stylization), seeking their great forges to fuel their need for larger armies, the king of Vulkanus agreed to be there vassal, showing that direct control was not necessary. A treaty was signed, and Vulkanus became an autonomous state to the Tajunite Empire while smiting the needs of the Water Tribe. Tajun took full control of the Skrall River within their territory, only nobles could own river-side territory and springs, and they all had to be from Tajun; mattered little, however, as the King controlled most of said land. For over a hundred years the people of the Tajunite Empire became serfs, tied to their king's needs in order to have their daily supply of water and bread.

Roxtus at this time was controlled by a small skrall oligarchy that was dwindling in numbers. The skrall have always held control over the Earth people since when the giants called Jirapa (Tuma's race) ruled the Great Orb (Spherus Magna) in ancient times. However, the weakness of the ruling party was apparent, and the lowly Earth Tribesmen became disgruntled. As Roxtus controlled trade up the Skrall River, Tajun became jealous. After taking the ruined metropolis Atero, an invasion was launched to secure trade in all of Neala under Tajunite blue-and-yellow. It was a failure, because the Tajunite King discounted the Ostonigosa (or, Bone Hunters) who inhabited the region in-between Atero and Roxtus (the Ostonigosa were a race of nomadic raiders with heightened senses). The soldiers of the Water Tribe were destroyed by the ruthless marauders. When fleeing back to Atero (who they only recently captured), the people did not let the weakened army inside. Not having the numbers to force their way in Atero, the Tajunite army went back to the province of Tesera to replenish it's army. Thus, the ancient city of Greani Ater (founder of Atero) remained independent.

Tajun knew of the existence of an ancient citadel in the White Quartz Mountains, Iconox, another one of the settlements founded by Greani back in his wars with the giants. Traders from up those great mountains came down every now and then, selling their cheeses and furs. The Tajunite Kings hadn't bothered with it because of how far north it was. There were rumors that beyond the White Quarts only lay great everlasting mountain ranges, where great skrall legions lead by giants of old still marched, demons who strike without notice, as well as other monsters that lay up there. Iconox wasn't that far north, but they didn't dare risk it. The ancient fortress was far too large for the small numbers of people that lived up there, less than 2 thousand, and it's lack of maintenance was evident as the place was slowly falling apart. It was in this place that a child was born, his name being Certavus. From hedge knight (wearing armor and a powered sword of ice passed down to him from a veteran of the Core War ), to caravan guardian, to slave, to servant, to adventurer (he got his ancestor's stuff back from Bone Hunters), to marshal, to prince, to king of Atero. This man has had quite a life, but at the age of 34, he still has much to do if he is going to get the title 'Megas' like the history books say.

The Tajunite King Veltyros was assassinated by a shadowy killer of unknown nationality. Almost as if this was planned, the king of Atero, the aforementioned Certavus, declared war on Tajun, joined together by the rebellious city-state of Arah. Certavus knew that if the destruction of Tajun's hydraulic empire was to be sealed, then Vulkanus would need join their side, for without the great forges of Vulkanus, the empire would begin to run out of supplies. The ruler of Tajun would be young King Jan, a young a brash prince who acts on emotion rather then the cruel cunning of his predecessors. Had Veltyros lived longer, Jan would have been trained to be like his forefathers and mothers. The king of Vulkanus, Raanu (later named 'the Lesser' when 2009's Raanu came around as 'the Greater'), was a man that only wanted the best out of his people. His people, however, are divided; most side with Tajun for they fear and respect them, while only some do the same towards Atero.

With Tajun weak and divided, the rise of Certavus, and Vulkanus in the middle of it all, I think this would be an interesting RPG. People could choose their sides or just be an adventurer. Powers could be in the form of artifacts from the days when Great Beings ruled over Spherus Magna and the Core War, such as armor, pieces of armor (gauntlets, helmets, masks, etc), weapons (like Certavus' sword), and rings and amulets(?). Of course, people wouldn't be able to create overly powerful or important characters unless the story makes them as such.

So, anyone like this? Again, I'm not sure if I could run an RPG unless I had help (I already have a project). I don't have a name for this, but maybe 'Certavus Rising' could do.

EDIT :

Forgot to mention something: The only hubs you could go to would be Tajun, Vulkanus, Tesara (flip back and forth between the sister towns that make up the city), and Atero. A size-able Ostonigosa camp is located to the south of Atero. There are numerous small homes and little villages that dot the map that a player can say that they walked through, helped, or terrorize if they so wish as they are usually on their own.

Also, I seem to have forgotten about the properties of the Skrall River. It's sandy nature would actually help in the tension caused by Tajun's hydraulic empire, so I'll change that.

Another thing:

Playable Races:

• Agori (tall) (any of the tribal nationalities are included aside from race-specific ones)
  • Agori (short) (any of the tribal nationalities are included aside from race-specific ones)
  • Skrall (great warriors but are very war-like; looked down upon in most hubs because of how their race was created)
  • Vorox (they are not animalistic but have a misunderstood primitive tribal society; looked down upon in most hubs)
  • Ostonigosa [bone Hunter] (they are average in height; looked down upon in most hubs)
Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Just one thing- there are next to rules on character creation in Bionifight; you can literally be anything you want. Second, I'll have a better look over that RPG draft in the morning, but one thing I will say- it sounds like you're making the whole of Bara Magna playable. Don't; you'll likely have issues with player spread.

Edited by Chandra Nalaar

VBWj75sh.png

Just one thing- there are next to rules on character creation in Bionifight; you can literally be anything you want. Second, I'll have a better look over that RPG draft in the morning, but one thing I will say- it sounds like you're making the whole of Bara Magna playable. Don't; you'll likely have issues with player spread.

Oh no, this area is pretty small, I call it Neala. Here is a rough map of the area for that other project I mentioned (ignore New Atero and the Matoran Universe): 1.

Size can be compared to the whole giant planet: 2 (Post melding by Mata Nui)

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

With all these new RPG ideas popping up recently, I figure it's about time I started letting all of you in on what what I've been piecing together so far. Keep in mind, however, that since it's still a WIP, it's likely that around 90% of the overall plot details (location names, characters, etc.) probably aren't going to be making an appearance just yet for a variety of reasons. So, without further ado, here's a very basic skeletal layout.

- Setting

A currently unspecified (but totally interesting) landmass that I'm not going into much detail right now. I haven't personally seen anything even resembling it being bounced around in here as of yet during my time here, and I'd kind of like it to stay that way for the moment (at least until I get everything somewhat nailed down first, anyway).

- Characters

Characters (upon being approved) find themselves at the start of the game waking up in very unfamiliar surroundings (a.k.a. one of six designated spawn points, each having three individual and overlapping regions they can eventually end up journeying to) with absolutely no memory of how they arrived (though their memories from beforehand are usually left quite intact... unless, of course, you don't want them to be, which is entirely up to you), but only after a certain amount of them have passed GM inspection, as they are to initially arrive as a group (the number is still being determined at this time, although groups with an insufficient amount of members will have some NPCs thrown in to make up for the deficit, and yes, they can leave their group upon arrival). Since the basic concept from then on out is to ultimately stay alive, and most of them don't have immediate access to essential supplies such as food or weapons (Iron and Plantlife elementals are going to end up becoming quite the commodities, I'm sure), they'll eventually have to choose one of said regions to head towards as the spawn points themselves are quite barren and the GM(s) will most likely end up throwing something particularly nasty (and that they probably aren't quite prepared to deal with just yet) their way if they feel like they're taking too long to decide. A definitive Character Sheet will be included with the final product, but for now, the current list of playable species (still debating on a few of them) is as follows:

The Matoran Species (including Toa and Turaga)

Skakdi

Vortixx

Zyglak

Rahkshi

Makuta*

Kestora**

The Agori Species (including Zesk and Bone Hunters)**

The Glatorian Species (including Vorox)**

Skrall**

Bruisers (Krekka's Species)***

Elites (Sidorak's Species)***

Nocturn's Species***

Johmak's Species***

Lariska's Species***

Mimic's Species***

Conjurer's Species***

Custom Species (after approval)

* Makuta only have access to their Kraata abilities, and are required to make six to seven (actual number will be decided before final draft) posts without using them in order to switch between these powers for balancing reasons (think of it as an extended period of "focus" time).

** For interaction purposes, assume that the Red Star hasn't been discovered (as a location) and that Spherus Magna has yet to be reformed.

*** These species have abilites similar to those possessed by the character most commonly associated with them.

- Region Overview

As of right now, there are plans to institute sixteen different areas (twelve immediately accessable, and four progression locked for plot purposes), all of which are around the size of your average Metru or smaller and all of which are suffering from the unfortunate side-effects of some type of environmental disaster. Each of them (excluding the locked areas, which only having some of the following) is home to two distinct feuding factions (both of which are entirely able to crush the other and eventually lay claim to the entire area, depending on which is the first prepared enough to do so and how many characters end up joining their individual causes), a large variety of unpleasantness (think standard Rahi mixed in with additional, region-specific... surprises), a specific type of technology not present in other regions until said area is "cleared," and a hidden vault providing both individual background intel concerning the surrounding area and its inhabitants along with an extra cache of "goodies" for those brave enough to search them out.

Oh, and each region also has a titanic Raid Boss Creature terrorising the area that you'll have to watch out for, each with their own specific strengths and weaknesses. And by "titanic," I mean that they're large enough to rip your average Vortixx in half using only a few of their teeth.

- Shop Overview

Since everyone your characters will be meeting will be struggling to simply survive, some particular individuals have taken it upon themselves to establish caravan routes in order to transport goods between regions. With things being as they are, however, they tend to travel in larger groups (complete with armed escorts) in order to ensure the safety of both themselves and their wares while hopefully providing enough of a deterrent for bandits and others with sticky fingers. While their preferred currency is the standard widget, the caravaneers are also willing to barter with just about anything; be it spare ammo, food, precious gems, or even IOUs if an individual is desperate enough (though obviously not for higher-end gear). Watch out, though; get in enough debt, and you'll either have to work it off or risk being banned from using their services entirely until it's all paid off, meaning you might miss out on something good.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hm... it's an interesting concept, and it certainly has potential, but as it is, it just feels way too big. With so many different species to play as and regions for people to wander off in, player spread would become a massive issue very quickly. 

I'd suggest perhaps constraining all characters to one region at a time, and only opening up the next region once the first had been stripped completely of resources, forcing everyone to migrate, or something along those lines. Perhaps players can only advance to the next region once the big boss creature has been defeated or the faction conflict resolved, or something like that? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, I was originally designing it to be more open, allowing players to get themselves caught up in other important things and explore the world a little (especially for people who do occasionally like to have their characters go solo) without seeming like I was trying to force the main plot upon them (which doesn't even really kick itself off until a certain condition is met, anyway), but I can see where you're coming from in that regard. I also kind of figured that throwing some crazy stuff at people pretty much right off the bat would convince at least some of them that staying in a group was the safer option (especially since they start off mostly unarmed), and that those individuals would be more likely to tackle the game one region at a time, leaving a greater variety for the solo characters to choose from (they probably don't have much of a chance taking out one of the creatures, as they're currently more designed for group fights, but at least they could still get themselves on the good side of a faction or something). To be perfectly honest, I'm only really expecting like a third or a fourth of those initial twelve areas to be active simultaneously, and each of those six spawn points are probably only going to be activated once (if they're lucky) throughout the entire game due to everyone starting off in groups anyway.

As for the amount of species available, the RPG Daniel The Finlander was proposing had what appeared to be at least double the amount I have (if not triple), and I didn't see anyone in here view it as a problem then (unless I missed something, of course). Like I said before, though, not all of them are 100% guaranteed to make it into the final draft, either, so I'll make some cuts if I have to. :P

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

@Realm of the Teridax: It just feels like you're trying to write something other than a Bionicle RPG here. You've got the names of a few baddies scattered out there, but as they're appearing out of context and out of character (Bohrok, for example, were never servants of Teridax) and have replaced elemental and Kanohi powers with magic. How does one even be a priest in a Bionicle universe anyway, is Mata Nui bestowing divine blessing on you? And how do those level ups actually affect us, in what way do we become better at wielding our power?

And...well, whats the point of this all? We're just on the island and have endless fights? Thats going to get boring. And its going to get boring fast. You're going to need some kind of overarching plot, some kind of story, something to actually give the players purpose. 

@Certavus Rising: Eh, this feels more like you're writing out an epic to me. You've clearly got the backstory and plotting down and I'm wondering what room there would be for players, and if they'd feel railroaded if they did something that didn't fit in with The Song of Ko and Ta (yes I know those are Matoran Universe not Spherus Magna, hush now) you've got going

@Unnamed Timageness RPG: So how are these groups decided? Do they just clump together in the order they're approved? So the first six to get the thumbs up go together, the next six go together and so on? Or do people make groups together in the discussion topic? 

Our characters are being pulled from somewhere to participate in this, are they all being pulled from the same universe, or is this like Bionifight where they could be from anywhere?

Are the feuding forces who occupy each area the same each time? Is this a case of having Red team versus Blue Team all over or will they be specialised depending on what the area is like?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Woaaahh too many RPGs all at once. We went having nothing to like, eight RPGs in a month and they are starting to bury each other.

I'll go over the RPGs later, just felt the need to say that the time to bring out your game is not when lots of other people are doing the same. It just ends up with buried and unfinished products.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The current idea for deciding the specific members of a group is a modified First Come, First Serve system, with the exception of multiple characters per player. So if six different people joined, each creating three (approved) characters a piece, the first group of six (still deciding on the actual number, so I'll borrow your example for a moment) will only consist of the first of the three characters those six players submitted, and so on and so forth. Example:

Jim's Characters: Axel (1), Cutter (2), Rage (3)*

Molly's Characters: Thorsten (1), Elara (2), Arkensia (3)*

* Numbers representing first, second, and third groups, respectively.

As with everything else, however, I'm still open to suggestions.

Characters will be pulled from a singular universe, so each species is going to have similar abilities to their canon counterparts after a standard nerfing session is aplied. For example, a Toa of Psionics from this universe will still be able to use Telekinesis, though their Illusion abilities work more closely to the Rahkshi varient than normal, and they can only establish mental links with other beings if they open their minds to them. They also have the added ability to converse with the deceased, but the knowledge gained from these discussions is limited only to the last few moments of that particular individual's life.

The factions will be region dependant, yes, and the factions of different areas will remain fairly separate from each other while revolving around different issues. One area in specific currently revolves around a shortage in food, and one of the factions relies heavily on the caravans to supplement their existing stockpile, but these are few and far between because the other has simply resorted to cannibalism, causing them to attack almost everyone they come across. Another area has a faction trying to prevent a second disaster from occuring in their region, but the other faction (a cult who sees the original as a symbol of their faith) attempts to thwart their efforts at every turn, simply because they're under the impression that it will "cleanse" the area of all the non-believers. A third contains a group of former upper-class individuals who have started capturing people to use as slaves while their counterpart is essentially a motley crew of resistance fighters who try to free them, and a fourth involves two groups duking it out over dwindling energy supplies.

Hopefully this addressed all of your questions and concerns, Ultron.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

New 'traveler,' eh? Using a term like that, I'm going to assume you were either born yesterday or that head of yours is full of rocks.

Here, read the blasted brochure before you say anything more stupid:

Welcome to Ark #351!

We are glad to have you aboard, brave adventurer! You might have questions, or maybe you desire clarity about your goal before you partake in the greatest trip in the universe; either way, we'll do our best, and what we can't answer, your friendly Captain can!

What is the Ark Program?:

The Ark Program is our way of insuring the continuation of our collected people groups. As we are sure you've noticed, our universe has become a bit cramped and toxic! To help with this, the Arks send out a portion of the population to nearby star systems with the goal to find a habitable planet to grow and expand on!

Why have I been selected?:

Don't feel sad you're leaving home; your name will go down in history as an adventurer that saved our entire universe!

To ensure continuation of all our people, a equal number of each people groups were chosen to be apart of this Ark. You are among the chosen few!

The selection process was random to ensure fairness; you had as much chance as your spouse, co-worker, or neighbor!

Why is the Ark Program needed?:

Well, adventurer, we're glad you asked! Eons ago, there was a planet known as Spherus Mangus, where all of our people were destined to live together in peace and harmony. Unfortunately, this was not to be so; during a great battle to secure the planet for future generations, un-reversible damage was done to the core.

Before the event known as "The Great Shattering," the being whom makes up our universe brought a great many of that planet's citizens here.

Who is my Captain?:

Your Captain is the friendly leader of your Ark; he'll be guiding you to the nearest star system for resettlement. All Captains are trained in answering any questions you may have!

Thanks for being a part of Ark #351!
We Back Home Salute You!

Finished? Good. Here's the paperwork you need to fill out to come aboard.

Profile:

Name: (If I have to explain this, I'll kick you off the ship myself.)

Species: (Toa, Matoran, Agori, Glatorian, Vortixx, Skakdi, or Skrall?)

Former Occupation: (Did you scoop Rahi droppings? Put it here.)

Occupation: (Leave it blank. You'll be given a new one on the ship; there's no freeloaders on my ship.)

Powers: (We all know somebody can throw fire on this ship, we just want to know who.)

Personality: (We need to if you're a manic or just really weird.)

Biography: (I still don't care, but I want to know if you have a history of killing everybody aboard an Ark.)

Appearance: (I know what you look like, your fellow passengers will know what you look like, but you need to submit a picture or a description here.)

Gear: (What are you bringing with you? No weapons, and we will check.)

Locations:

Ark #351:
 Ugly thing, isn't she? I'm still working on a name for her. Made of the finest metal in the Universe, I'm told, which probably means it was dug up at the bottom of some sewer. She's propelled along via some form of magnetic energy, I didn't read up on it, but it doesn't require any kind of fuel; no explosions in space.. Only a few people will actually spend time outside the ship, so you only need to worry about the inside; all that lovely, expressionless, bley inside.

Bridge:
 This is where I command the entire Ark. Off-limits to most of the crew and passengers except the Bridge Staff. All alarms, announcements, and other useless nonsense I have to push out will come from here. My sleeping quarters are up here as well, so you might not see me often. Like I said, off-limits, don't even try, got it?

Common Quarters:
 Part sleeping areas, part entertainment/relaxation areas, it is easily the largest part of the Ark. Every passenger will be issued a personal room upon boarding and a keycard to access it. Beyond that, the rest of the Common Quarters are completely open for everybody, and it includes a galley, gym, library, and star room.

Life Support:
 Near the bottom of the ship is the Life Support room. Oxygen recycling, water recycling, and even a small farm to produce extra food. Heavily guarded, and if I have to tell you why that's a fact, I'll shoot you out the airlock. Off-limits to standard crew.

Cargo:
 Not much to say about the Cargo. Big room at the tail end of the ship, filled with everything we need to make it to our star system. Nothing much worthwhile back here, but I don't advise staying back here. One box slips off the stack and we're a passenger down. This is also the location for the primary airlock out of the ship, and the bay door for unloading once we reach our location. If we reach it.

Current Events/Announcements/Job Postings:

I'll keep a board up in the restaurant of all the going-ons in the ship. Including the gossip. Nothing slips past me.

Rules:

Good, paperwork filled out? Excellent, just pin it to the discussion board over [insert link to discussion thread here] there [/link], and once we get around to approving your entrance, maybe we'll let you on after you read the rules:

Rule 1. Abide by all rules of the universe(BZPower).

Rule 2. You are not God and you are not without flaws; you will be shot out an airlock for this(No Godmodding. Punishable offense.).

Rule 3. You aren't allowed to destroy the ship however you like. I might let you destroy parts of it, but depends on how much I drink the night before(Instant kills and destruction of the ship are forbidden. Punishable offense.) .

Rule 4. We reserve the right to throw you in the brig for any rule violations, but we do offer an appealing process; just contact us directly(Violations of rules 2 & 3 results in your character being put into the brig, a separate part of the ship that nobody can access. Until the moderators feel you have moved past the violation or have successfully appealed the punishment,the character in the brig is non-playable.).

Felt like riding the recent wave with a RP of mine I have nearly done. 75% complete, with a few missing add-ons. Questions?

You guys do realize that one of the worst times to be showing off a game is when everyone else is showing off a game, right? There isn't even room for all the games in development right now.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

In my defense, I was only looking for input on the current mechanics for mine, nothing more.

The way things are currently going with the plot right now, I'm not expecting a first draft to be posted for at least a couple more months or so, and even then, I still have characters across all of the currently active RPGs (plus I'm a Co-GM for one of them as well), so I was going to wait for one of them to end before I even submitted it. I was only trying to provide everyone with a glimpse of how it was coming along, and afterwards, I was going to respectfully bow out so I could go back to working on it, which is what I still intend to do.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Of course. But the Train RPG Ultimo showed was one of the first ones shown in this rather enormous batch, and because it was interesting, I remember it (and would like to see it develop further). 

I hadn't been referring to the Train RPG specifically, I apologize if it came across that way. I was pointing out, in general, that sending RPGs in a flood isn't the best idea.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG