The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

Good morning internet.

I guess I can't just have the MU reinforced like the Kingdom Alternate Universe, because I banished all the Toa. :D I'll work on it.

Another thing to consider - banishing the Toa would be a bit harder than you let on. How do you get the majority of Matoran to turn about the people who have been their heroes since the time before time... and who just happen to have enough raw power to devastate the better part of an entire island.

Well, it was kind of a split second decision. I'm sure there's some Matoran who weren't as willing to banish the Toa, and anyways, the majority had been so hopeful that the Toa would save Mata Nui that when Mata Nui died, the rage kind of blocked out everything the Toa had done in the past, at least temporarily. With the majority enraged, the minority had to keep quiet to avoid being banished as well.

As for the Toa, I just assumed most of them would just leave, as they are sworn to protect the Matoran, and they couldn't exactly fight back against the mob without the risk of seriously injuring or even killing someone. And, if I remember correctly, the only Toa that would be on Metru Nui at the time would be Takanuva, who, even with his light powers, would be extremely hard pressed to keep back the mob, especially if he wanted to not die or kill anyone. The idea spread through the universe, and probably some Matoran developed ways of defending themselves.

To me, this seems like a pretty realistic response. You have the Matoran who bet everything on the Toa and lost, the Toa who don't want to hurt anyone, even though they have massive powers, and a mob mentality for the moment that Toa were bad. I'm sure after a while, things may have returned to how they were, especially if the Matoran failed at protecting themselves such as in Mindscape. That's why a Toa would be possible inside Mindscape, although he would still meet a lot of resistance from those Matoran who still believe they are the best and they don't need Toa.

Well, here's a little idea I'm working on. Thoughts?

Treachery

With the disappearance of the Toa Nuva in Karda Nui, tensions are running high across the Matoran Universe. The Makuta not engaged in the universe core have launched a massive assault, and The Shadowed One has reluctantly allied himself with their Brotherhood. The battle becomes even more desperate, however, with the sudden defection of the Toa Mahri to the enemy side. Fears that other Toa are secretly Makuta agents have spurred a massive witch hunt, encouraged by Turaga Dume himself.

Treachery takes place all across the Matoran Universe as the final battle for the fate of Mata Nui is being waged. Mata Nui's protectors are beginning to crumble, however, as their unity shatters from within.

The Brotherhood of Makuta are the ultimate evil. They are leading attacks all across the universe under the orders of Teridax. Most of the Makuta themselves, however, are battling the Toa Nuva in Karda Nui; Tridax has taken direct command of the Brotherhood from its headquarters on Destral. Teridax's current location is unknown.

The Dark Hunters were convinced (or possibly threatened) into joining the Brotherhood on their conquests. They're currently engaged in guerrilla attacks on various islands.

The Protectors of Mata Nui, assembled from the ranks of the Order of Mata Nui, assorted Toa, the Voya Nui Matoran, and the old Koro guards, are desperately attempting to hold back the Brotherhood and the Hunters on many different fronts. The tide of battle seemed to be turning, and they were planning an assault on Destral itself, when the shock betrayal of the Toa Mahri sent them into disarray.

The Order of Mata Nui itself will deal with any traitors that are found guilty by the ruling council, consisting of Turaga Dume, Toa Helryx, and Keetongu. Traitors are sent to the newly repaired Pit to await further judgement when the war is over.

Players can create a character from any of these factions, or even a neutral non-participant in the war.

The storyline will be centered around the Battle for Mata Nui, and well as the Shadow Hunts, and they have come to be called. Every character can be potentially suspected of treason; the Makuta may deliberately spread false rumors about this in an attempt to weaken their opponents. Any player accused of treachery will be brought before the ruling council for trial.

As such, the game is one part giant war between the two sides, and one part courtroom drama. Other than Karda Nui, every location in the Matoran Universe may be visited, and canonical characters may appear briefly.

Character Template

Name: Should be Bionicle sounding.

Species/Element: Include species (Toa, Matoran, Turaga, Skakdi, Makuta, Rakshi, Axonn's species etc.) and element, if applicable.

Alignment: Good/Neutral/Evil, Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic. Whether you are lawful or not plays a key role in this game, particularly if you're good.

Allegiance: If you're in a Toa Team, or the Order of Mata Nui, or the Dark Hunters, or some other group, list it here.

Equipment: Weapons and Kanohi, if applicable.

Powers: Innate powers. (Examples: Makuta powers, elemental powers, Voya Nui Matoran abilities.)

Appearance: Colors, size.

Biography: Write a short backstory describing your character's life up until now.

Personality: Write down some notes about your character's personality. This is as much for your own sake as for other's.

Edited by CaptainLepidus

Legacy of the Great Beings - Continuing the story of BIONICLE from where the serials left off.

• 2 weeks later...

This sat in review for a while, so I'll review it.

Well, here's a little idea I'm working on. Thoughts?

Treachery

With the disappearance of the Toa Nuva in Karda Nui, tensions are running high across the Matoran Universe. The Makuta not engaged in the universe core have launched a massive assault, and The Shadowed One has reluctantly allied himself with their Brotherhood. The battle becomes even more desperate, however, with the sudden defection of the Toa Mahri to the enemy side. Fears that other Toa are secretly Makuta agents have spurred a massive witch hunt, encouraged by Turaga Dume himself.

Toa Nuva disappeared. Pretty standard. Why did the Mahri defect? How did these rumors get out?

Treachery takes place all across the Matoran Universe as the final battle for the fate of Mata Nui is being waged. Mata Nui's protectors are beginning to crumble, however, as their unity shatters from within.

The Brotherhood of Makuta are the ultimate evil. They are leading attacks all across the universe under the orders of Teridax. Most of the Makuta themselves, however, are battling the Toa Nuva in Karda Nui; Tridax has taken direct command of the Brotherhood from its headquarters on Destral. Teridax's current location is unknown.

So the Toa Nuva's location is still known? Why Tridax? Wouldn't Icarax be a better choice? He was the one trying to take over the Brotherhood.

The Dark Hunters were convinced (or possibly threatened) into joining the Brotherhood on their conquests. They're currently engaged in guerrilla attacks on various islands.

You said that in the first paragraph.

The Protectors of Mata Nui, assembled from the ranks of the Order of Mata Nui, assorted Toa, the Voya Nui Matoran, and the old Koro guards, are desperately attempting to hold back the Brotherhood and the Hunters on many different fronts. The tide of battle seemed to be turning, and they were planning an assault on Destral itself, when the shock betrayal of the Toa Mahri sent them into disarray.

Like I said before, why did the Mahri deffect?

The Order of Mata Nui itself will deal with any traitors that are found guilty by the ruling council, consisting of Turaga Dume, Toa Helryx, and Keetongu. Traitors are sent to the newly repaired Pit to await further judgement when the war is over.

May I ask how Keetongu, a Rahi who didn't like people and couldn't speak Matoran got on the council?

Players can create a character from any of these factions, or even a neutral non-participant in the war.

The storyline will be centered around the Battle for Mata Nui, and well as the Shadow Hunts, and they have come to be called. Every character can be potentially suspected of treason; the Makuta may deliberately spread false rumors about this in an attempt to weaken their opponents. Any player accused of treachery will be brought before the ruling council for trial.

As such, the game is one part giant war between the two sides, and one part courtroom drama. Other than Karda Nui, every location in the Matoran Universe may be visited, and canonical characters may appear briefly.

Courtroom drama ought to be exciting.

Character Template

Name: Should be Bionicle sounding.

Species/Element: Include species (Toa, Matoran, Turaga, Skakdi, Makuta, Rakshi, Axonn's species etc.) and element, if applicable. Did I read that right? Did you say Makuta?

Alignment: Good/Neutral/Evil, Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic. Whether you are lawful or not plays a key role in this game, particularly if you're good.

Allegiance: If you're in a Toa Team, or the Order of Mata Nui, or the Dark Hunters, or some other group, list it here.

Equipment: Weapons and Kanohi, if applicable.

Powers: Innate powers. (Examples: Makuta powers, elemental powers, Voya Nui Matoran abilities.) What Voya Nui Matoran abilities? They were normal Matoran... And you're letting us play as Makuta? The most OP race ever other than Botar?

Appearance: Colors, size.

Biography: Write a short backstory describing your character's life up until now.

Personality: Write down some notes about your character's personality. This is as much for your own sake as for other's.

All in all, this is a good idea.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Thank you for your review, Canis Lupis! I've written up some answers to your questions.

Toa Nuva disappeared. Pretty standard. Why did the Mahri defect? How did these rumors get out?

That's not entirely clear at the start of the game, but the details will emerge over time. The game will begin with Jaller being brought before the council, Dume having accused him. As this first trial progresses, we'll find out more about the Mahri's alleged betrayal.

So the Toa Nuva's location is still known? Why Tridax? Wouldn't Icarax be a better choice? He was the one trying to take over the Brotherhood.

Well, the Nuva left for Karda Nui to battle the Makuta strike team. That's all that anybody knows. No one's seen the Nuva, or Antroz, Chirox, Gorast, Mutran, Icarax, and the rest since. They might be dead, or still fighting, or may have gone to some other location. The point is they're out of the action for now. Icarax would be the second choice, but he's in Karda Nui. Tridax and Teridax are the only canon Makuta not in Karda Nui at the moment, and Teridax is...busy.

You said that in the first paragraph.

I'm just clarifying what each faction is up to.

May I ask how Keetongu, a Rahi who didn't like people and couldn't speak Matoran got on the council?

I'm not sure on that either, to be honest. I was looking for a third member and Keetongu seemed best to represent the various outcasts. But yeah, he's not really fit for the job. I'll try to think of someone else...

Courtroom drama ought to be exciting.

I thought so too; seems like there'll be plenty of room for interesting scenarios to emerge.

Like I said before, why did the Mahri deffect?

That will be revealed...
Did I read that right? Did you say Makuta?
Indeed. Makuta are fairly OP, it's true, but then again they're pretty outnumbered. The vast majority of the Makuta are in Karda Nui, so the remaining ones will be directing the war and sowing seeds of confusion more than engaging in direct combat.

What Voya Nui Matoran abilities? They were normal Matoran... And you're letting us play as Makuta? The most OP race ever other than Botar?

The Voya Nui Matoran have the powers that Karzhani gave them when they passed through his realm. And yeah, a few people will be allowed to play as Makuta, but keep in mind that actual Makuta are prime targets for assassination. If the leaders are killed, then the Brotherhood will fall. So the Makuta have to be cautious. (And dctually, Botar is far weaker than a Makuta...Icarax murdered Botar without breaking a sweat in Federation of Fear. And that was while he was also fighting Trinuma.)

Legacy of the Great Beings - Continuing the story of BIONICLE from where the serials left off.

Courtroom drama = sarcasm. Most RPGs have stuff like fighting rather than courtroom drama.

The Voya Nui Matoran didn't get any powers when the passed through Karzhani. What are you referring to? As for Botar, the Makuta are more powerful, but both species are usually banned in RPGs. You can teleport anywhere you want, and you know if you're needed.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Courtroom drama = sarcasm. Most RPGs have stuff like fighting rather than courtroom drama.

The Voya Nui Matoran didn't get any powers when the passed through Karzhani. What are you referring to? As for Botar, the Makuta are more powerful, but both species are usually banned in RPGs. You can teleport anywhere you want, and you know if you're needed.

I've noticed that trend, but I reckon originality is good. Also, there is a war going on. And that'll be front and center in the game. But the witch hunts will add another layer of complexity.

Well, the Matoran got special tools with powers. I'm not sure whether the powers were innate or simply came from the weapons...it seems like ordinary Matoran wouldn't be able to use energy weapons, though? And that's true about Botar...I didn't know people wanted to play his species? I assumed Toa, Matoran, Skakdi, Makuta, etc. would be more popular. Anyway, in this RPG he'll be one of a kind, and he's dead before the start of the game, so his species won't exist.

The powers were from the tools. As for Botar, two things. Why wouldn't you want to play as a guy that can teleport anywhere, know exactly where he's needed, look incredibly scary and be able to wrap people up in energy tendrils? What about his replacement?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Alright, folks, I have returned with what I hope might be considered improvements to my RPG concept

The issue I now intend to resolve is that of the species I pitched being too vague and having little to no predefined characteristics.

As is already a given, the Federation will include Toa, Matoran etc. while the Makuta Empire will have subjugated the Vortixx and Skakdi under their control.

Now, here's where we arrive at my dilemma. Aside from this, my pitch had no real ramifications behind the other species other than "they're big and strong".

With that, I present a few additional species based on actual Bionicle characters that hopefully should make things more interesting.

For the Makuta Empire, I present the Attilians

This species is based off of the Dark Hunter Ravager (BS01 page), and their natural traits are the same as his.

For this RPG, I pitch them as Toa-sized, rather primitive species with some very slight animalistic traits. Their natural skills would be an enormous amount of strength and a poisonous stinger tail, and they would be able to use Kanohi.

Their species name is based off of another famous "ravager"; Attila the Hun

For the Federation, I present the Teutons.

Named after the fearsome Teutonic knights that fought for christianity during the crusades, the Teutons is the name I've given to Axonn's species.

Now, before you say anything, I have made changes. I believe it is fair to assume that not all of Axonn's abilities are native to his race, but I chose a few of them which I assigned to the species as a whole.

The abilities I chose was his ability to create temporary stasis fields, his strength being enhanced by rage, and his immunity to antidermis, these three skills will effectively become available to the Teuton species.

So, thoughts?

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Sounds good to me. A suggestion: Add more Dark Hunter races. About Axonn: Stasis field dissipation is one of the powers that is more likely to be from the Order. I would replace it with his healing abilities, or his ability to fire pure energy.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Sounds good to me. A suggestion: Add more Dark Hunter races. About Axonn: Stasis field dissipation is one of the powers that is more likely to be from the Order. I would replace it with his healing abilities, or his ability to fire pure energy.

I have already been doing some more reseearch on the subject, and I think I can scrounce up a few more races to adapt to the game's setting.

And about Axonn; alright, I'll keep that in mind

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I have already been doing some more reseearch on the subject, and I think I can scrounce up a few more races to adapt to the game's setting.

And about Axonn; alright, I'll keep that in mind

This is a good idea. Stasis fields seems like a power that is going to be used one way - an unblockable, fight-ending move (since very few to no ther characters will be able to dissipate the stasis field). In the context of an RPG where this would be very difficult to play with fairly or to play against, Axonn's species might as well not have it at all. The other ones are better option, I think.

Also, If you're looking at expanding on known MU species for a game, feel free to borrow from my prototype game, Secrets and Shadows (which can be found on page 17). It never made it to a contest, but it had some stuff on a few less-used species. I was particularly partial to the Tarore's system.

ppg2.png

That's very kind of you Lorax, but I have already done some extensive research and come up with a surprisingly large number of species.

For now, what I've got is this:

MAKUTA EMPIRE

MATORAN

As unfortunate as it is, the Makuta have enslaved a number of Matoran to their servitude during their conquest. Easily the worst treated species, Matoran function as laborers to meet all of the Brotherhood's needs. Many of them have gotten their inner light drained and turned to shadow Matoran as well.

STELTIANS (Krekka's Species)

Named after their homeland, the Steltians used to be the island's middle-class citizens, functioning as laborers and warriors. For all intents and purposes, not much has changed for them, though they are more laborers than warriors now. They possess great strength

SKAKDI

A warlike species with large organic spines; possess elemental powers that they can activate by joining together and various vision powers

VORTIXX

A manipulative, cunning and inventive species that's known across the universe for their mix of ingenuity and deception, with many members of this species carrying especially advanced weapons into battle

ATTILIANS (Ravager's Species)

A species of savage warriors that possess enormous strength and poisonous stinger tails. With the proper mental exercise they can learn to use Kanohi as well

As I said before, they're named after Attila the Hun

UMBARANS (Darkness' Species)

A species of shadowy creatures that function as the Empire's spies, assassins and infiltrators; able to slip through tight spaces and, with the help of the Brotherhood's experiments, attract shadows toward themselves to seclude them. They have the mental discipline required to use Kanohi.

Their name was inspired by the association of darkness and such with Umbra/umbara

KROGOTHIANS (Nocturn's Species)

A large species of four-armed amphibians with the ability to regrow limbs. These monsters stalk the seas, ensuring that no would-be infiltrators attack the empire by sea.

Their name is a very obscure reference to some sea demon that appeared in one episode of one of my all-time favorite cartoons, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!

FEDERATION OF FREEDOM

MATORAN

By far the most numerous species within the federation's borders; small, yet notoriously creative and not to be underestimated, with the help of Karzahni; many Matoran have opted to rebuild themselves into larger, stronger forms akin to the Av-Matoran in Karda Nui to help in the federation's defense

TOA

Noble paladin defenders of the federation, but also among its least numerous residents, Toa are commonly deployed in teams to seek out and accomplish important objectives.

TURAGA

Nearly extinct, only two members of this species are known to remain, both of which are part of the Federation's ruling council.

AMPEELS (Ehlek's Species)

A species of humanoid electric eel, with minor electricity-based powers and natural protosteel talons. These creatures will gladly ruin any Imperial invasion fleet with their powerful claws.

According to BS01, this species was modified by the OoMN to fight the Makuta so it stands to reason that they'd join the federation for whatever reason. The species name is a combination of the word Amper, which is a unit for measuring electricity, and eel.

PETROAN (Johmak's Species)

A species of primarily black-colored creatures slightly taller than Toa; possess a power much like Zaktan's of splitting their body into a sentient mass of crystal fragments and reform at will. Their weapons can also do this. This species may use Kanohi

The name was based off of the Latin word petra, which means "Rock"

EMOTIANS (Tobduk's Species)

A titanic species that feeds on a specific emotion to gain strength, the emotion of choice may vary between individuals. This species may wield Kanohi.

As you can see, I have here taken the opportunity to "cut loose" and expand upon Tobduk's powers. His species isn't specifically strengthened by rage, no; the emotion that an Emotian draws strength from depends entirely on the individual. As such, there can be Emotians that draw strength from fear, happiness etc.

The name, as should be pretty clear, is derived from "emotion".

TEUTONS (Axonn's Species)

A Toa-sized species with the power to fire pure energy, grow stronger when enraged, with a complete immunity to Antidermis and the ability to use Kanohi

As was stated earlier, they are named after the Teutonic Knights that fought for the church during the crusades

FADERA (Shadow Stealer's Species)

A rather unusual species, but potent nonetheless; they possess the power to teleport by using shadows as entry and exit points, and also the power to absorb shadows and fire them off as energy

Shadow Stealer himself used to be a hero, so I see this as plausible.

The species name is derived from the word "fade".

Obviously there is a system to all this. Each species serves one or two purposes within their faction, a quick list of which comes here:

LABORERS

Matoran, Steltians

WARRIORS

Skakdi, Attilians, Teutons, Emotians, Petroans

CRAFTERS

Vortixx, Matoran

AQUATIC SPECIES

Krogothians, Ampeels

SPECIAL OPS

Faderas, Umbarans, Toa

LEADERS

Makuta, Vortixx, Turaga

SPECIES SPECS

MAKUTA EMPIRE

Attilian – No elemental powers, but possess brute strength and a poisonous stinger tail. Kanohi may be used, but require advancement to a higher rank within the Empire. Until then, you will be wearing a helmet or go bareheaded if that suits you better

Steltian – No elemental powers, no Kanohi, possesses tremendous strength. Primarily function as laborers

Skakdi – One elemental power, one vision power, no Kanohi

Matoran – Latent elemental traits, no Kanohi

Shadow Matoran – Same as before, but with the added power of firing weak bolts of shadow energy

Krogothian – No elemental powers, no Kanohi, possesses four arms, the ability to regrow lost limbs, and amphibious traits

Important: Regeneration of limbs does not extend to healing deadly injuries.

Umbaran – No elemental powers, one Kanohi. Can slip through tight spaces and attract shadows to own body, making them hard to spot

Important: "Hard to spot" does not equal "invisible"

Vortixx – No elemental powers, no Kanohi, but may start out with more advanced weapons. The only species permitted to wield the Vortixx Rhotuka Battle Axe

FEDERATION OF FREEDOM

Matoran – Latent elemental traits, no Kanohi

Av-Matoran – same as before, but able to bend light to change the apparent color of their armor, weak bolts of light energy

Toa – One elemental power and one Kanohi

Ampeel – No elemental powers, no Kanohi. Possess natural protosteel talons and can launch electric blasts. Entirely aquatic, air is toxic to them

Petroan – No elemental powers, one Kanohi. Able to turn body into crystal shards and reform at will

Important: This power is a consciously activated power. It doesn't work the way Zaktan does, who's actually composed of billions of tiny insects, allowing him to nearly instinctively disperse and reform. You are either solid or fragmented there is no in between.

Emotian – No elemental powers, one Kanohi, can feed on an emotion to gain strength.

Important: Emotians can only feed on one emotion. You cannot feed on whatever emotion you choose, you must choose one emotion for your character to feed on, and abide by it.

Teuton – no elemental powers, one Kanohi. Possesses immunity to Antidermis, the ability to fire raw energy, and the ability to grow stronger when enraged

Faderan – no elemental powers, no Kanohi. Can teleport by using shadows as entry/exit points, as well as absorb shadows and fire them off as energy

Important: In this RPG, the Faderan teleportation power will rely on the Kualsi principle. You cannot teleport wherever, you need to know where something or someone is in order to teleport near it.

So, yeah.

By the way, BS01 seems to have some major issues with its database, a lot of pictures and specs were missing. I suggest you try The Bionicle Wiki for those.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Steltian typically refers to Sidorak's species. Change it to Steltian Laborer and you'll be good.

Why are there only two Turaga left? What happened to the other five? Why even put them if you can't play as them.

You might want to rephrase the Emotian thing: You say choice, and wouldn't it be better if it predetermined by genetics or the like?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Steltian typically refers to Sidorak's species. Change it to Steltian Laborer and you'll be good.

Why are there only two Turaga left? What happened to the other five? Why even put them if you can't play as them.

You might want to rephrase the Emotian thing: You say choice, and wouldn't it be better if it predetermined by genetics or the like?

You do realize that per the nature of this RPG setting, the Toa Metru never became Toa, or Turaga for that matter?

Lots of Turaga have come and gone, these two are just the only remaining ones that we know of.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The powers were from the tools. As for Botar, two things. Why wouldn't you want to play as a guy that can teleport anywhere, know exactly where he's needed, look incredibly scary and be able to wrap people up in energy tendrils? What about his replacement?

Apologies for the late response. I suppose you're right about his desirability as a character. As to that last...hmm. I guess I'll just ban PCs from using his species.

Or else I might make some of his abilities order training. (Perhaps Botar's replacement was in training for thousands of years before he was ready to serve?) I think I might make Kualsi-like teleportation innate, and the ability to carry weapons, and that would be all.

His replacement would be a character, but not really important to the story - the replacement (he'll need a name at some point) will merely bring the convicted prisoners down into the pit.

Edited by CaptainLepidus

Oh. Then one is Dume, right? Who is the other?

Yes, one of them is Dume. The other is an entirely new character.

What about Jovan? If the battle began directly after the Great Cataclysm, then he might still be alive. Of course, you could just say he was killed in the cracking of the Southern Continent.

Alright, here's what I've got, I want to know if the idea doable. Unfinished, of course. Nowhere near the final product.-----"Welcome to the Dark Hunters. We are the rulers of the universe. Here on our island, we are invincible. Alone, we are a force to be reckoned with. And indeed, we are often reckoned with, be it by the Makuta, or the Toa, or whatever other world power thinks it can match our skill. We will conquer everything, and you- you, dearest Varian -you're finally going to serve a purpose." -The Shadowed OneThe Dark Hunters. Their everyday success proves that The Shadowed One's confidence is not unfounded. Full of highly-trained killers and professional masters of combat, the entire force is a honed weapon of destruction, but they are just as effective alone as they are together. Varian, a Toa of psionics once captured by the Dark Hunters, has been taken out of stasis by The Shadowed One, for an unknown reason. As it is, rumors have been going around that Ancient, a veteran Hunter himself, is truly leading the Dark Hunters, merely using the current leader as a tool to keep the force in check. However, none of these rumors have been found to be true.They have expanded, now. They are a vast army of Makuta, Toa, Vortixx- even the prideful Skakdi have joined up in their ranks. They have quickly become a predominant world power, moreso than any of the other factions. Their conquest is deadly, and they've begun to spread across the known world, their total empire larger than any other single faction-controlled area in the MU. The drawback is that other forces have allied against them, in the groups following:-Toa and Vortixx have joined forces, as they are each somewhat neutral, naming themselves the Benevolence-The Makuta have taken over numerous small islands, enslaving them or otherwise mobilizing them for attack; they have named themselves the Malevolence -Skakdi warlords have all joined in this time of crisis, however shunning titles and calling themselves the SkakdiAnyone not conforming to these standards must flee and join resistances or nomad groups, or be forced to fight. The sole exception is the Benevolence, who offer solace in Metru Nui. However, their city is locked up and locked up tight.-----Wouldn't want to go further if its a crack idea, so...opinions?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Well, a four-way war for the universe can never go wrong with. The rest, though...

What I don't understand is... why? What's the Dark Hunters motivation? What is anyone's motivation? Why are the Vortixx, who make their fortune by dealing with every side during war times, allied with the Toa? Why are the Skakdi going to war? Where exactly is the setting? What about all of the neutral parties? And what's with the faction names in general?

Think smaller. Nobody ever really goes outside of a single island much anyways, and trying to describe every island will take too long. Place it all on a single place. Think more about the factions, and definitely do some name changing. Figure out some clear motivations. Don't get the Vortixx involved on the battlefield so much unless they have something they have to gain.

That'll start the improvement process.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

So....I've been dipping and dabbing around and this is the story I've conjured up. Apart from that, though, I've thought of one or two gameplay-based things that could possibly make it more enjoyable - such as a form of Kaita.

----

"Legends say that a long time ago, we didn't live here. According to the legends, a long time ago we lived in a paradise named Spherus Magna. We were led by an alliance, and for an era we lived in peace. But like all of peace, over time, things broke. Apparently, the one who two sides followed had went into a coma, inside a legendary mask that could take or give life. And so, war came. But by then, the power of both sides had grown immensely, and many were wiped out.""We survived, but our world didn't. Overuse of our own powers caused earthquakes, eruptions, tidal waves, storms, all across our world till it tore itself apart. But the mask of life, it protected us. It glowed, a bright luminance as it flew into the sky, sending rays of light through the clouds that covered the world. And nothing could glow with such greatness, other than one other thing - a temple, the only one left behind since the great beings disappeared."

"And so the mask of life disappeared as we survivors were sent to another world, one where we could live in peace, and punishment as well. Our new world was seperated as zones. Flare Zone....Frost Zone....Ocean Zone...you get the drill. All our species' lived in peace in these zones, each of them existing like an island inside a pocket dimension, allowing transportation to any other zone if you could get to it. Here, everything was infinite. There was no need to fight. If we wanted water, we got water transported to us. No need to dig. Only the easiest of work. We thought it as paradise.........until war began. A force, a shockwave, tore into each zone, reminding everyone that there was still a world out there. Then emerged a force that nobody could reckon with. He was referred to as the dark knight of the zones, and called himself Dea. The appearance of Dea, who wore on him a mask with a body on it and fought like nothing before seen, set the inhabitants of each zone into fear. Dea didn't appear daily; almost as if he was just an agent of something more, but all he needed to do was appear."

"When fear sets in, then comes the selfishness. Then comes the need to fight...and so, armies were formed. There were no stations, no headquarters, but there was a war. Dea's army, held together just by fear, fought to control each zone. It was called 'Twilight'. And wherever it went, it brought with it terror. Two armies surfaced to face Twilight. One, led by the once Toa Tahu, rumored to have survived since the days of Spherus Magna, was called 'Blasting Flare'. Wherever they went, things were destroyed. And the other army, led by Takanuva, rumored to have known Tahu and similarly survived from the days of Spherus Magna, was called the 'Golden Hue'. It didn't matter what, they helped out any and all of those in need. Both Blasting Flare and Golden Hue were respected by the average villager, for their traits of undeniable courage and passionate care, but despite these two armies, Dea's minions still worked far and wide, his army still stronger."

"Yet, throughout this three way war, with Tahu trying to assimilate Golden Hue, Takanuva trying to create an alliance and Dea's army simply fighting, two new rumors of legendary powers have surfaced. One.....that apart from each elemental zone, there was 1 more - the Timeless Zone. A place where time is recognized differently by the emotions of those in it. If you felt happy, days felt like seconds. If you seethed in anger and hate, a thousand years would pass in between a conversation. And finally, if you were in depression, a second to an angry person is a million years to you. The rumor added in one last legend - in this timeless zone, a battle had been fought. The end of it marked the shockwave that marked the coming of Dea. The second rumor......that in each zone was a crown, hidden, and that whomever owns the crown owns the zone. Needless to say, Tahu and Takanuva scrambled to find it."

"And this....is where you come in."

Welcome to a new world!

Now, if you cant tell, each element has a zone. If you couldn't tell, yeah, Dea's the villain. Y'know, THAT villain. Reason for him being evil? You'll find out! Now, about each zone: They all exist as about half the size of a metru. Each of them are in a pocket dimension, and nobody knows what happens if you try to reach the end. Some say you die. Others say you teleport elsewhere. Either way, don't. To enter another zone, there is a 'teleporter' in each, the only source of technology when the world was starting to be inhabited. It can teleport up to 10 people at once. Most of them are guarded, depending on who inhabits the zone. The teleporter is inside each village. Holders of a crown can teleport any number of people while located anywhere.

The exact list is:

Flare Zone - Element of Fire - An island. One side is dominated by a Volcano, and the other side features more flatter plains. The entire island is ringed by ash beaches, and a village is located between the beach and the flat plains. The Volcano erupts on random. Crown owned by Tahu of Blasting Flare.

Atmosphere Zone - Element of Air - A floating series of islands with water, and jungles, and many things. It is surrounded by powerful tempests, and access to each island come from airways that can propel even those who can't fly. The village is on the island in the middle.

Earthen Zone - Element of Earth - Almost fully underground and illuminated with stones of light. This is one of the 3 big 'technological' zones, with many inventors. It exists as one massive cave with multiple caves branching out. The village is in the center of the massive cave. To this day, the Zone is still being excavated. If you were creating a computer, the design would be from here.

Ocean Zone - Element of Water - A tropical island with beaches and ponds and mangroves surrounded by a blue ocean. Many people think of this zone as the vacation location.

Sand Zone - Element of Stone - A desert, featuring a village of made from stone, and, farther away, a massive pyramid with seemingly no entrance, rumored to have many things hidden inside.

Frost Zone - Element of Ice - Snowy plains and spiky, hagged mountains are what makes the Frost Zone harsh to those not acquainted. Valleys with tundra's and forests can be found as well.

Glorious Zone - Element of Light - Similar to a greco-roman city, this place is practically heaven. It is always sunny, yet never humid or hot. From outside the city are plains of grass. Crown owned by Takanuva of Golden Hue.

Black Zone - Element of Shadow - Always night, if there was ever a city that never had day and was filled with those who thought of the darkness as their ally, it would be here. Still, the evil overpowers the dark knight in this situation....provided you aren't referring to Dea when you say 'Dark Knight'. Crown owned by Dea of Twilight.

Speaker Zone - Element of Sonics - Silver streaked skies, sound is everywhere. This is the theme park of the zones; the nightclub of the city. Musicians, Singers, all of them come here to share their art.

Gravity Zone - Element of Gravity - A void with purple and black swirls in the sky, with a floating series of islands. Each island has a gravity of its own, strong or weak, and they are always moving, spinning....flipping. To reach other islands, jump hard enough and you'll reach it. The villages are situated on every island.

Ionization Zone - Element of Plasma - Not hot or anything, this Zone is a flat plain, being the most similar to a ravaged war zone. In the sky, blue-purple arcs rain downwards before curving back up, never touching the ground but always nearing it. The ground is dry, sometimes with one or two canyon like cliffs, and a village is situated in the center of the plains.

Forest Zone - Element of The Green - All types of greenery is here. Forests, Grasslands, Jungles, Rainforests, all exist here. The skies are blue and sunny, but the trees provide shades. The village is located on a hilly, grassy area.

Static Zone - Element of Lightning - Don't rub yourself too much or you'll be in for a shock! The skies are always grey at least in one place, and sounds of thunder and flashes of lightning are very common here. This is one of the big 3 technological zones. If you were making a computer, the software will be from here.

Metal Zone - Element of Iron - A very modernized city, the weather here is one of the only places where weather can vary. With the highest population, this place creates the most goods. Although the Earthen and Static Zones help, nearly all the things created by technology say 'Made in Metal Zone'.

Mental Zone - Element of Psionics - Where all the thinkers who don't situate themselves for meditation in the frost zone like to come, this place is a world of solitude, for thinkers to discuss. Theories of exploring each zone, research into the Timeless Zone, are all here.

-----

Any ideas? The good's to improve on and the bad's to edit?

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Puppeteer theme. Aight, I'm gonna try something different. Let me introduce to you:

The Ring

Introduction

A hefty guard drags you through damp, stone halls. You can't seem to remember anything. "Who are you? Why am I here?" You ask the guard. "Silence, worm!" the armored brute tells you, before throwing you into similarly damp cell. "You are a criminal, and this is your punishment!" the guard tells you before walking off, leaving you puzzled.

It only takes few minutes and another one walks up to the cell door, calling your name. They lead you to a room full of combat gear of various quality. "Welcome to the armory, gladiator. I am Mortimer, and if you know what's good for you, you'll make me your best friend." a giant behind a desk says and walks up to you, handing you what looks like rough, metal mask and a rusty weapon. "You will fight in the arena. When you defeat your opponent, you will receive Ringmaster's tokens, which you can redeem here to get yourself something better to fight with. When you gain some experience, you may sign up for a tournament, where rare pieces may acquired as prizes. But beware! There is only one winner of the tournament - because the fights are to the death! And finally, if noone wants to go, people will be randomly picked, so don't think you can slack off forever!" Mortimer laughs and shoves you towards the cell block. "Now off with you! Your first duel is tomorrow! I suggest some practice! Who knows, maybe it will be YOU who finally defeats the current champion."

You look around the cell, seeing a few inmates, all of them equally equipped and clueless as you. Taking Mortimer's advice, you start swinging your excuse for a weapon in preparation of your new life. Who are you going to be?

Will you fight for the glory and love of the crowds?

Will you try to regain your lost freedom and fight your way out of the Ring?

Or will you try to overthrow Lucifer herself?

The Ring take place in another dimension of the BIONICLE universe, like the silver city. The island is ruled by Lucifer - the only Toa of Psionics on the island, who - as rumors have it - sees all. Set to neutralize crime in the domain, Lucifer built the Ring - a multiarena where mindwiped criminals are sent to fight for people's entertainment. Daily duels are held in the four arenas, each with it's unique environment. Once upon a time, the Central arena opens and a tournament is held, where the rounds are to the death. The last man standing is rewarded with powerful equipment, such as rare masks or advanced weapons. Nothing is simple though - Lucifer has agents among the gladiators, to identify and neutralize any threats, such as uprisings. Furthermore, the arenas and their supporting facilities are warded by guards, who quickly neutralize anyone who tries to escape.

Locations

The Ring

- Cell block: Home sweet home

- Armory: Mortimer's domain, this is where your Ringmaster tokens can be redeemed for better equipment. Mortimer will also buy back any equipment for half it's price, and will offer side quests for both groups and individuals that can get you a discount.

- Arenas: The duel grounds. Each arena is watched by judges who enforce the simple rules. Northern arena is where icy glaciers meet with lava pits. Eastern arena offers lush forests and grasslads in mildly hilly terrain. Southern arena is a sandy desert and rocky mountains. And finally, western arena is a lake, with only tall trees sticking above the surface.

- Central arena: The tournament grounds. Unlike the natural arenas of the duels, this smaller arena is a sand pit where warriors go to win their glory or die.

The World

- Lightstone mines: A place where gladiators can work to earn discounts at the armory. Only the entrance is watched, making it ideal for black market and scheming.

- Shadow forest: Hunting grounds full of monsters, but also rich in treasures. Very dangerous, but also rewarding.

- Guard barracks: Located right next to the cell block, this is where the guards live. The place is a fortress and the tower overlooks all of the Ring.

- Palace: Lucifer's residence. Tournament champions often get invited there to receive their rewards. It is rumored that if you win enough tournaments, you will be granted a clean slate and fresh start.

Rules

1) All BZP and RPG forum rules apply

2) One gladiator/agent character per player. Other characters (Guards, Ring employees) are permitted but not encouraged.

3) No godmodding. Stick to your character's strengths and weaknesses and don't forget to take equipment into account.

4) Limited auto-hitting is allowed. There must always be a clear way of avoiding the desired effect for the other player. No causing injuries without approval. Example:

Character_A grabbed Character_B's arm and started twisting it. - While grabbing the arm might be considered an auto-hit, player_A left enough room for player_B to get their character out of the jam (spin along, use mask, ...) when in doubt, just don't do it.

5) No meta-gaming, bunnying (exceptions: Tournament rewards), etc.

6) The Ring is protected against elemental damage and warded by hi-tech vortixx guards. Escape on your own is not possible.

7) No killing player characters, even in tournaments. If the two concerned players can not agree on the winner, the decision falls to staff. Staff may or may not take into account:

- Equipment superiority (makes sense, doesn't it?)

- Inmate cheering (Crowds may influence the judges, and fellow gladiators are the most experienced of the crowd)

- Writing quality (Yes. Those who can write well will get brownie points. To motivate the others.)

8) Staff may intervene on other occasions via staff characters as punishment for breaking rules.

Characters

Playable races are:

- Matoran - Weak elementals, can only access tier 1 power. More agile than other species. Stronger than their canon counterparts.

- Skakdi - Medium elementals, can access tier 1 and 2 powers. Average physically.

- Toa - Master elementals with all powers. Physically strongest but least agile. Elemental powers are weaker compared to canon. For some strange reason, they are the most numerous of the criminals.

- Other BIONICLE and custom species will be evaluated per individual characters. General rule: They must be on par with one of the allowed species. Not encouraged.

Allowed elements and tier 1 powers:

- Fire (Heat resistance)

- Air (Higher agility)

- Earth (Night vision)

- Water (High lung capacity)

- Stone (Higher strength)

- Ice (Cold resistance)

- Light (Color change)

- Shadow (Shadowblend)

- Sonics (Passive sonar)

- The Green (Rapid healing)

- Plasma (Minor heat and electricity resistance)

- Lightning (Resistant to electricity)

- Iron (Increased resistance to physical damage)

Tier 2 powers: Minor elemental control (auras, orbs, etc.)

Tier 3 powers: Full elemental control (no nova blasts, no protodermis cage)

In general, elemental powers in this domain are significantly weaker than in the main universe. Shadow Toa can not influence emotions, light toa can not laser people in half etc. Use reason when creating skillsets.

Vision powers with EP costs:

- Heat Vision (15 EP)

- Impact Vision (15 EP)

- Infrared Vision (5 EP)

- Laser Vision (15EP)

- X-Ray Vision (5 EP)

Economy and equipment

All characters start out with powerless masks (if applicable), simple cloth clothes and single, poor quality weapon. Better equipment can be purchased from Mortimer or won in tournaments. See below.

The currency in the Ring are Ringmaster Tokens, or RT. They can be earned through combat or sidequests. The combat ways are:

Duels: Non-lethal competition in one of the four arenas. The battle ends with first blood or when one of the competitors yields. Winner takes variable amount of Ringmaster tokens, depending on the nature of the competitors. Here are the possible combinations, with the number in brackets being their reward if they win against the other:

Toa (8 RT) - Skakdi (12 RT)

Skakdi (8 RT) - Matoran (15 RT)

Matoran (20 RT) - Toa (5 RT)

Bonus:

Judges of the arena watching over the duels award the following bonuses:

- Defeating a Lucifer agent: 100 RT

- Defeating tournament champion: 50 RT

- Win without using a weapon: 15 RT

- Win without using elemental power: 10 RT

- Win without using vison/kanohi: 5 RT

- Sparing an opponent in tournament: 20 RT

- Killing an opponent in duel: 150 RT fine. If the offender doesn't have enough RT, all of his equipment is confiscated, no matter it's value.

Tournaments: Same formula for every win, + winner takes all of the opponent's equipment and RT, unless the opponent is spared. Tournaments are held in the Central Arena, and can be themed (melee weapons only, bare handed, ...)

Sidequests: The master of the armory, Mortimer, may also have a job for you. This can either yield you RT or discount for your next purchase.

Combat system and skillsets

Each character has limited Energy pool of 100 energy points (EP). This pool is replenished before every battle. As characters gain experience, this pool may expand (Participating in a tournament gives +5 EP for your next character if your character dies, +15 to your current if you win)

Because of the combat nature of the RP, energy pool and skillsets are here to help with balance. Every character and custom skill is subject to it's own evaluation, no precedents are taken into account. All skillsets will have to be approved by staff. Following these guidelines should help you avoid most trouble:

Passive skills:

- Here can be everything that can't be "turned on/off", such as tier 1 elemental power, tournament wins (Expanding energy pool), and other custom things if approved: Mutations, birth defects, special armor/tool bonuses etc.

Active skills:

- More or less elemental abilities and special tool abilities. Necessary: EP cost (elemental attacks), Ammo cost (tool abilities), short description. Optional: Name, type, ...

EP cost help:

- Non-combat ability: Judged individually, commonly tens of EP. Examples: EP restoration over time, physical rejuvenation, healing...)

- Melee abilities: Up to 5 EP (blade enchant, elemental blade, ...)

- Ranged abilities: 5-15 EP (elemental missile, ...), 1 round

- Defensive abilities: Over-time EP cost (shields, immolation, ...)

- Single target / single hit abilities: No extra cost

- Multi target / multi hit abilities: Cost/round multiplication, decreased according to decrease in damage

- Area of Effect abilities: More EP-expensive or cost-over-time/special rounds

- Heavy abilities: Crippling blows dedicated to ending a duel. 20-50 EP

- Ultimate abilities: High risk - high gain abilities for winning no matter the cost. 50-all EP.

- Using abilities outside of skillset is allowed if used with common sense. Do not make staff kill your guy for godmodding.

Armory's inventory and price list

All calculations round down

Masks - cost per use, price

Kaukau - Always on, 10 RT

Ruru - Nightvision always on, x-ray 25 EP, 10 RT

Matatu - 25 EP, 10 RT (can manipulate only things the users could manipulate themselves)

Elda - Always on, 15 RT

Akaku - 5 EP, 25 RT

Calix - 10EP, 35 RT

Arthron - Passive always on, active ping 10 EP, 35 RT

Sanok - 15 EP, 40 RT (Only improves accuracy, does not allow hurling objects)

Hau - 10 EP, 50 RT

Pakari - Always on, 100 RT

Jutlin - 50 EP, 100 RT

Kirill - 50 EP, 100 RT

Mask of conjouring - 50 EP, 250 RT (User has to recite the programmed power out loud, including the weakness(es))

Mask of Rebounding - Always on, 250 RT

Mask of Sensory Aptitude - Always on, 250 RT

Weapons

Melee weapon (blades, staves, ...) 10 RT

Long-reach weapon (Halberds, pikes, whips, ...) 15 RT

Ranged weapon (slingshots, bows, ...) 20 RT

Special weapons (Repeating crossbows, ...) Individual price

Armor

Chestpiece 15 RT

Legs/skirt 10 RT

Helmet 10 RT

Shield 15 RT

Boots 2 RT

Gloves 2 RT

Armor materials:

Broken - all buyback, 50% RT

Cloth: Standard, free at start of RP

Leather: 120% RT

Metal: 150% RT

Protosteel: 200% RT

Crystal (offers little protection, but full set can be charged with additional 50 EP): 250% RT

Ammo

Stone - Just pick some up in the arena, lad, they are not hard to find

Metal ball - 1 RT/10 pieces

Wooden arrow - 1RT/5 pieces

Metal arrow - 1 RT

Crossbow bolt - 2 RT

Special ammo (Explosive, ...) - 5 RT

Power crystal - 7 RT (For tournament reward weaponry)

Zamor sphere - 10 RT (For tournament reward weaponry)

Cordak rocket - 15 RT (For tournament reward weaponry)

Kanoka - 50 RT (For tournament reward weaponry)

Tournament reward inventory

Masks - cost per use

Noble Huna - 10 EP/illusion

Noble Garai - 10 EP/change (User can increase or decrease their mass up/down to 200/50%)

Voltiak - 50EP/minute

Tryna - 100EP/zombie. zombie retains free will, but lasts until destroyed

Mask of undeath - 50 EP/Zombie. The zombie tries to fulfill it's last objective (so avoid reviving guys who you just fought). Only lasts until the end of the fight.

Crast - 25EP/use

Mask of elemental energy - restores 25 EP once per fight

Mask of scavenging - 50 EP/use. Increases energy pool by 2 permanently.

Weapons

Particle projection cannon (plasma damage, requires power crystals)

Zamor launcher (Acid or kinetic damage)

Cordak blaster (Fire and kinetic damage)

Kanoka launcher (Damage type varies by disk)

Armor

Pieces protosteel armor

Pieces of crystal armor

Obsidian crown (siphons EP from enemies' crystal armor)

Shoulder mount for ranged weapon

Basic character sheet

All these fields are required. Additional alre welcome.

Name:

Species:

Group/Faction/Role: Gladiator/Agent/Your own

Mask/Vision:

Weapon(s):

Armor:

Pocket: # of RT the character currently has

Appearance:

Weaknesses:

Skillset:

Staff characters

Name: LuciferSpecies: Ce-Toa (F)Role: Supreme rulerArmor: Protosteel setWeapon(s): Psionic amplifier gauntlets (Special. Reduce psionics based ability cost by 25%)Mask: Rode, mask of truth (Always on)Pocket: Lucifer has everyone in her pocket.History: Lucifer used to be a crime fighter, scoring mostly little fishes - until one day, she told her commander she stumbled upon something big. Vanishing without a trace for a month, she returned with a sizable army of spider-like creatures which she used to take over the domain. Immediately outlawing crime, she ordered construction of the Ring - both to entertain people and to show them what fate awaits them should they ever break the law.Appearance: Hardly anyone knows what Lucifer actually looks like. In public, she always wears a hooded cloak made out of reflective material. If they could see under the cloak, thew would find a sleek, golden-navy figure, armed only with sharp mind, but able to devastate armies. She is rumored to be the most beautiful being on the island in every way - voice, figure, eyes - but nobody know to how much extent that is due to her powers.Personality: Lucifer's personality is complete enigma. While she appears as calm, she mercilessly wipes the memories of criminals she sends to the Ring. At present time, she is the sole toa left outside of the Ring, with the vortixx taking over their roles. Some view her as dictator, but in the hearts of most of the matoran, she is the angel keeping peace and protecting their lives.Weaknesses: At times, Lucifer seems distracted, as if going through a mindwipe herself. Noone has ever discovered any other weakness, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Skillset:- Passive:Psionic expert: Lucifer has had a lot of practice with her powers, expanding her energy pool. (+50 EP)Fragile mind: Lucifer seems like her own mental health is not perfect. (1 in 6 chance her ability will fail, yes, i roll a die)

- Active:Defense - Passive shield(Draws power from inbound attacks): Lucifer has a strong psionic barrier around herself that automatically reflects attacks back at the offender with half their strength. The stronger the attack, the higher chance the shield won't be able to hold it and break through.AoE - Psionic blast (40 EP): Lucifer floods the minds of everyone within 5 meters of her with garbage, distracting them from a fight for 5 seconds.Heavy - Hypnosis (60 EP): Targeting a single enemy, Lucifer can put them to sleep that will last until she wakes them up.Ultimate - Dominate (100 EP): Lucifer can hammer your mind into anything she desires. This can only be done through touch and takes 5 seconds, during which this can be interrupted. This converts a gladiator into a sleeper agent, who may or may not reveal themselves.-----------------------------------------------------------------Name: MortimerSpecies: Unknown (M)Role: Armorer at the RingArmor: Protosteel setWeapon(s): NoneMask: JutlinPocket: Owns the Armory, that should give you some ideaAppearance: Mortimer is by some thought to be a Kra-Toa, but his build is too big for a normal Toa. His armor is made in shades of red and black, and the two bumps on his back suggest that in the past, he used to have wings.Personality: A patient owner of the Ring's armory, he is always happy to banter with the gladiators. He doesn't seem to either approve or disprove of the domain's leader, but he seems to have his own agenda in everything. Mortimer is always open to ideas, as long as he can capitalize on them.Weaknesses: Mortimer doesn't fight, and no one thinks him willing to do so - there is no profit in it. Wheather you're an agent or a gladiator, he's more likely to help you than to fight you, as long as he gets something out of it.Skillset:Unknown

Thoughts?

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

@ JL: First thing that pops out at me is the fact that there is a large difference in size between a wahi and a metru. It's like the difference between a town and a county.

Lloyd: I don't think I would have that much of a problem playing as a Matoran as long as I got something cool to even it out.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Alrighty, I've got Three Concepts Ready for the Contest, could I ask for opinions on them...

*Teridax Reign... Play as the Scattered Toa, Matoran and Free People Across the Universe to defait the Brotherhood... But on the "Good Side, an even more evil character is planning to take over, beware, and find his Identity, before it's too Late...

*Spherus Magna: Player is located on the Just reformed SM, and the building of the society has problems, you never know who to trust... Mostly Caused by Velika...

I'm back!

Alrighty, I've got Three Concepts Ready for the Contest, could I ask for opinions on them...

*Teridax Reign... Play as the Scattered Toa, Matoran and Free People Across the Universe to defait the Brotherhood... But on the "Good Side, an even more evil character is planning to take over, beware, and find his Identity, before it's too Late...

*Spherus Magna: Player is located on the Just reformed SM, and the building of the society has problems, you never know who to trust... Mostly Caused by Velika...

...What's the third one?

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

@ JL: First thing that pops out at me is the fact that there is a large difference in size between a wahi and a metru. It's like the difference between a town and a county.

....There's a size difference? I'm pretty sure it's all the same.....I mean, they're located one on top of another.....

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Kay, I don't have time to say much, but I can at least correct this. Wahi is a term meaning 'region'. Metru is a term meaning 'city'. Size is completely irrelevant.

... but yeah, JL, they're right that Metru-Nui was way smaller.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

From BS01:

Metru Nui was roughly 65 times smaller than Mata Nui, being only 47.6 Kio long and 24 kio wide (40.51 miles/65.2 km long and 20.43 miles/32.88 km wide).

.....Oh.

Well then, its half the size of a metru...

Changed, and thanks for pointing it out!

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Alrighty, I've got Three Concepts Ready for the Contest, could I ask for opinions on them... *Teridax Reign... Play as the Scattered Toa, Matoran and Free People Across the Universe to defait the Brotherhood... But on the "Good Side, an even more evil character is planning to take over, beware, and find his Identity, before it's too Late... *Spherus Magna: Player is located on the Just reformed SM, and the building of the society has problems, you never know who to trust... Mostly Caused by Velika...

...What's the third one?
Oh that must be some sort of typo,... Just two... So what do yyou guys think?

I'm back!

Since I have no RPGs to review right now, I better help the process of sending them out. My responses may be too late, but whatever.

Why not do both at once? Combine them both and make a more interesting RPG. If it has to be one or the other, though, go for the first one.

Puppeteer theme. Aight, I'm gonna try something different. Let me introduce to you:

The Ring

Okay, quoting the opening part seems a bit strange. I'm also going to point out that using the name Lucifer is like using the name Doctor McEvil the Evil Lord of Evil as your villains name. I can understand if you want to make a villain seem to be the obvious puppet for the theme, but that's just trying too hard.

I don't understand why you limit gladiator characters to one, but don't put a limit to the characters you don't want us to play.

I'm going to tell you the biggest problem with this RPG - the freaking lists. It's all freaking lists. Plus, I'm not much for the fact you feel the need to explain the physical abilities of the already known canon races as 'tiers' instead of just summing up easily. Or why you're now saying it's not encouraged to go with custom or other species, but you say that Toa are the most numerous and should be played. Which is a major complaint I have; players are far too likely to go for the easy route and play a Toa, one of the rarest and most powerful species (seriously, by 2008 in canon, there were more Makuta than Toa according to canon), with blatant Toa Code variations than other canon species. Don't be an enabler.

Shadow has never let people influence emotions; that's part of the powers of the Mask of Shadows itself.

But what's the biggest flaw for this RPG? The RT and EP. This is not a video game, this is a TBRPG. I'm very much against the entire economy thing you have going. Instead of giving players points, tell them that an individual battle or tournament will provide them with a specific item if they win it. The rounds and stuff are also something I'm against.

On the positive side, if you get rid of things like that and make the RPG much, much, much more freeform without the ridiculous lists and built up point based economy and combat, and then better detail things like areas or maybe even the tournaments and setting itself, then you will have a very nice RPG on your hands. It's written well overall, and has a lot of potential for improvement. But as it is? It's not fit to be an RPG on this forum.

I need a show of hands--who would be okay with me requiring Matoran as the primary species for PCs?

:w:

Is it a good RPG? Then I'm prepared to play an Archives Mole. Go for it, Lloyd.

OMG new idea. Watership Down based RPG featuring Archives Moles. I'm officially awesome.

Welcome to a new world!

Kay... Kaita? Why would making a more powerful character make the game more enjoyable? If players want to do it, then let them do it is my stance. But I've only seen anyone consider it... once, twice? Don't need to make it a gameplay mechanic.

I honestly don't understand why Tahu and Takanuva didn't just combine their armies together. Or why Takanuva is even the leader of anything. Tahu, yes, has proven himself a leader; Takanuva never has. Give the part to somewhat like Helryx who it would make sense to have on a different side. Plus, there's the fact Tahu has the power of all 42 Kraata varieties and would appear to be the most powerful being in this RPG. No matter how good Dea is at fighting.

The story is also a bit... I don't know. It doesn't explain much. :|

Dea sounded like an intimidating enough (if cliche) force up until you lampshade that he's the villain. And evil. I never considered him evil up until you said that, just a generic Lawful Neutral warlord.

The areas are... I guess the problem is that they hardly seem like enough of a total landmass to have what seems to be entire population of Spherus Magna living there, based on your statements. And the ends give very little in terms of entertainment. Just say that the areas all cross over each other; perhaps they form something of a sphere, despite seeming to be flat planes?

Overall, you need to put a little more work into things like that and then start adding on other things to the RPG. As it is, the setting and story needs more focus to be clarified, at which point you'll have the RPG ready to move forward. Well, that and adding in the rules/character stuff and all that. There's my two cents.

Overall, you need to put a little more work into things like that and then start adding on other things to the RPG. As it is, the setting and story needs more focus to be clarified, at which point you'll have the RPG ready to move forward. Well, that and adding in the rules/character stuff and all that. There's my two cents.

More story, better map?That works! And yeah, I have to explain how Dea's power can negate Tahu's own power....

which in turn would probably make Tahu a bit angry, such and such......

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

• 4 months later...

Alright, so I know I haven't been very active for a while, I have a lot going on especially with school. I recently got a cool idea and thought it would make an interesting TBRPG. It's still a work in progress (I whipped it up just now, but I did it to :onfire:INCREDIBLY EPIC TRAILER MUSIC :onfire: so it must be good. :P) Let me know what you think. BTW: It's kiiiiiiinda a prequel to The Dead World (and RPG I submitted to the contest a while back but lost), just because it maaaaaaaay be placed at the center of the Dead World itself but let's not jump to conclusions here.

Index

A Bionicle T.B.R.P.G.

By ToaOfAwesome

When they sent us here… they told us that we needed to survive. Huh, it all seems so ironic now. It’s almost funny, actually. You know in a dark way, of course. I think I might have laughed just now, actually, but I don’t know; everything is so surreal now. When we got here we soon discovered that dying wasn’t an option. That was when we realized that survival isn’t just about staying alive; it’s about staying a person.

I’ve seen what it’s like to die in this place first hand. It’s a horrible feeling to be dying, whether your organs are failing or there’s a piece of shrapnel going through your broken body… and so much… so much pain… not physical but emotional, knowing that your body will survive but yet you won’t. I had the luxury of being cured, but I don’t think all of me has recovered. I’ve seen things nobody should have to ever see. I’ve done things nobody should have to ever do. I’ve become things nobody should have to ever be.

Oh yes, I’ve become terrible things in this place, monsters even. Monsters who’s eyes should never be your own; monsters who’s mottled, emaciated flank should never be what your forearm feels when it brushes past the side of your body.

But the worst part isn’t how you look outside, but inside; for when you become like this, you won’t care. You may even enjoy it. It… whatever it is… it devours you inside - it devours your soul - And in its place it plants a seed of darkness. These things aren’t predators, they’re demons… they must be.

I end this message with a simple request. You tell those who sent us here not to tell the world we died or were lost or whatever technical term they use for covering up mistakes such as this, because I know that they will. I want you to make sure they tell the truth to our loved ones and the rest of the world. You tell them that they have sent us, an entire ship full of innocent beings, each with loving friends and family straight down to the FIERY PITS OF—

Transmission lost. Address: “██████ cannot be found.

You are a crewmember of the Starship ██████. Your mission was to find out what happened to the crew of the deep space exploration starship, █████, who was sent out to investigate and study a strange structure on a planet in the █████ system. After having been in stasis for three months you are finally released into the structure. You and the other crewmembers have each been supplied with minimal information and were each sent armed to the teeth with military grade weaponry for unknown reasons. The ship was fully automated to keep anybody from finding out the location of this planet.

Upon entering the structure a rockslide crushed twelve massive city-sized chambers and made it impossible to fly the ship out of it. The ship has tapes of transmissions from the previous crew in it, however almost all of them have been censored and are virtually useless.

You have now been trapped here with the others for months, and have discovered a strange organic environment growing in a huge section of the structure with no lights. This is due to the fact that all known power cables leading to that section (the “Dark Section”) have been corroded by something. Strange creatures were spotted lurking in the darkness within only a few weeks. A few weeks after that they started to attack crewmembers and drag them into the darkness. When they returned they were completely normal at first before disappearing into the darkness and taking more victims along with them. Sometimes a victim would return covered in unsightly injuries and covered in strange mold. These returnees become violent and are nearly invincible.

Nowadays, you have names and causes for these:

If you die in the structure for any reason other than being killed by a creature, you will come back as a “Shuffler,” a zombielike creature who looks like they did before death, but covered in Nesting Mold (what the organic environment is made out of). Shufflers are nearly invincible but very slow in both thought and movement. The only forms of speech they can convey are fits of agonized shrieks and groans. They are in constant pain as well for unknown reasons. They have claws that are tipped with Nesting Spores, making their claws, teeth, and bodily fluids infectious. Within recent weeks, a cure has been developed in the form of a shot that can only be administered when the Shuffler is sedated. Shufflers are important, however, because they can secrete Nesting Mold and create nests.

If you infect somebody as a shuffler or are killed by one of this creature, you become a Drone. Drones are brutal slimy creatures covered in a thick coating of Nesting Mold so dense that at first the crew thought they were a strange form of Nesting Plant (a common plant growth in Nests that, when consumed, will heal creatures). They are incredibly fast and strong and can see in the dark. They snarl, roar, and drool infectious, foamy, and thick saliva constantly, however, making it impossible for them to be stealthy. When killed they will come back as a shuffler. They can shoot infectious darts from slits in their hands, and have Nesting Spore covered claws, wrist blades, teeth, and spines.

The final and most dangerous creature can only come to be if you are killed by one or have infected two people as a drone. This is the Shapeshifter. Shapeshifters can look like anybody they killed or their original form. When killed twice they become a drone. They can switch into creature form at any time. In their creature form they are fast, can see in the dark, and have teeth, claws, spines, and a barbed tail that can infect people. If you look at a Shapeshifter in its creature form directly you cannot make out its features, therefore nobody has ever come up with a fully accurate image of a Shapeshifter in its creature form yet. When a shapeshifter dies it reverts back to creature form.

When any creature dies a duplicate of its body remains where it died while it is regrown in the nest.

WEAPONS:

The following weapons are the only weapons you have been supplied with on this mission. There is at least one for everybody, and many more on the ship along with a machine capable of making more. Also each weapon is capable of channeling elemental, non-elemental, and kanohi powers.

-Tactical Knife: A basic but effective weapon, this six-inch blade can retract and come back out.

-Protodermis Rifle: The Protodermis Rifle launches bolts of energy conducted in a protodermis core. It comes with many attachments including laser pointers, scopes, silencers, bayonets, blast enhancers, rapid fire, long range, and explosive shots, however it can only use three attachments at a time.

-Protodermis Grenades: Working with the same principle as the Protodermis Rifle, these explosives are about the size of a marble but have a blast radius of approximately three feet. They can be implanted with elemental or non-elemental powers to aid in explosions.

-Baton: Another simple but effective weapon, this weighted metallic protodermis stick can be extended, shortened, barbed or sticky. They can smash through a two-inch solid steel test barrier with a few good smacks, not to mention an enemy’s armor.

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION:

Use this template:

Name: Can be any name not taken.

Species: This can be a Toa/Matoran (Turaga would not be sent on this mission), Vortixx, Skakdi, Glatorian, Skrall, or any of the three creature species mentioned (except for Shapeshifter)

Kanohi (Accessible to anyone, as some have been made for other species): (See list) Make sure that you do not choose an “immoral” mask if you are a Toa/Matoran

Associated Element: Can be any element except for Shadow or Light.

Skakdi Eyebeam Power (Only for Skakdi): (See list)

Skakdi Third Power (Only for Skakdi): Must be reasonable

Weakness: This is required.

Personality:

Description:

History:

Other:

KANOHI:

Kanohi Hau The Mask of Shielding

Kanohi Pakari The Mask of Strength

Kanohi Miru The Mask of Levitation

Kanohi Kakama The Mask of Speed

Kanohi Akaku The Mask of X-Ray Vision

Kanohi Kaukau The Mask of Water Breathing

Kanohi Huna The Mask of Concealment

Kanohi Ruru The Mask of Night Vision

Kanohi Matatu The Mask of Telekinesis

Kanohi Rau The Mask of Translation

Kanohi Pehkui The Mask of Diminishment

Kanohi Kualsi The Mask of Quick Travel

Kanohi Calix The Mask of Fate

Kanohi Kadin The Mask of Flight

Kanohi Sanok The Mask of Accuracy

Kanohi Iden The Mask of Spirit

Kanohi Zatth The Mask of Summoning

Kanohi Arthron The Mask of Sonar

Kanohi Volitak The Mask of Stealth

Kanohi Tryna The Mask of Reanimation

The Mask of Healing (Can heal creatures temporarily)

The Mask of Rebounding

The Mask of Sensory Aptitude

EYEBEAM POWERS:

Heat Vision

Impact Vision

Infrared Vision

Laser Vision

Thermal Imaging

Telescopic Vision

X-Ray Vision

And I'm still working on the rest.

Edited by ToaOfAwesome