• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official RPG Planning Topic

• Please log in to reply
1922 replies to this topic

#1921 Offline Eyru

Eyru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2015 - 11:04 PM

Don't mistake our criticisms for old habits dying hard. :P

I'm not a grouchy old veteran who's opposed to anything new. I'm just a player who's been a member of this forum for five years. I've seen RPGs come and go, and I've gotten to know what works and what doesn't. Nobody here is trying to stifle your creativity. We're just trying to test the viability of your ideas.

If you look several pages back, you can see the conversations that sprang up around Bionifight. Many members were adamant that such a game wouldn't work. Some were sure it would be a hit. Regardless, everyone threw their criticisms at it, because it's only by addressing its weak points that an RPG will improve. The hosts defended their idea, took a lot of advice, discarded some, and ended up making a popular game.

Your RPG might work. However, I'm doubtful, simply because I know the players here and I know what they tend to like. That doubt isn't a personal attack on you or your ideas; it's just my opinion. You can take it or leave it, but like everyone here, my goal isn't to see you get shut down. It's to see your idea become the best it can be.

I'll reply to some of your points tomorrow. I just wanted to put this up because I want to make sure we keep a good atmosphere in here. We're all on the same team. :)

gamesetmatch_zpsgr3kzpnr.jpg

profiles_alive_zpsrrmkggrz.jpg

#1922 Offline Roman Torchwick

Roman Torchwick
  • Members
  • Surrender or Run

• 23-December 13
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2015 - 11:13 PM

If I recall correctly, the Bionifight GMs originally wanted to implement a hitpoints system for their game, since that was what had worked for them back when Bionifight was still a G&T game. After a lot of discussion, they dropped that idea. 

Now, I'm not saying Bionifight would have been more or less popular if they had kept that system, but it's an example of what Eyru outlined above: negotiating and reworking the game to work out what would best suit the usual audience of this forum. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Asylum: Caetus, Scriva and Fade

Bionifight Infinite: Xara, Dayeth, The Wyrm, and The Puppetmaster.

Corpus Rahkshi: Exxan, XaraIllusive, Silencer, Era and Sliver.

Matoran Und Panzer: Cor Saeva and the Ash HoundOblitus and the Solitarius Lupus, Lufon Vance and the Vengeful Inferno.

BZPRPG: NatoGreavesy's Profiles! MirraWispMinnorak (Enforcer), Draygon (Veteran), ZaaraNathariusKelz, RyzaResonLashDayethAkiliThe HereticChavaraOnic, PanykNariya and Vazaria

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"We're Rahkshi! We're not supposed to care about the consequences. We're just supposed to fight and kill and destroy. That's what I do: I fight people, hurt people.... and I'm good at it." - Xara.

"Fang's a moralist... He sees the world in black and white, good and evil. People who think like that can't be reasoned with. It's a type of madness all of its own." - Exxan.

#1923 Offline Lucina

Lucina
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 5,883 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 26 2015 - 11:27 PM

If I recall correctly, the Bionifight GMs originally wanted to implement a hitpoints system for their game, since that was what had worked for them back when Bionifight was still a G&T game. After a lot of discussion, they dropped that idea. 

Now, I'm not saying Bionifight would have been more or less popular if they had kept that system, but it's an example of what Eyru outlined above: negotiating and reworking the game to work out what would best suit the usual audience of this forum. 

I think that, in the long run, Bionifight Infinite has done better without the HP system in place. It encourages players to use proper world building and realistic combat techniques during the arena rounds, since all that they can rely on in order to win is their own skill.

gallery_96949_301_43218.png

CLICK THE BANNER TO PLAY!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)