The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

For the convenience of everybody here, a list of the recent RPGs(Note, those at the top are the oldest and thus deserve the MOST ATTENTION. The lower on the list, the newer they are, and can, at least for my RPG, wait a good while before being commented on.):

The Other Other Alex's Train RPG

Ghidora131's Frontier RPG

le-toa_rock's RPG

SnowyAegis' Aqua Bellatores RPG

Nik the Three's Realm of Teridex RPG

Iaredios Paerkenon's RPG

Timageness' RPG

FallenAtlas' Ark #351 RPG

I'm not a mod, but I strongly advise against reposting your RPG unless you have updated information to add. All recent RPGs come from pages 60 and 61. No RPGs were posted on page 59, except for a massive amount of criticism and questions, marking the start of the new batch.

EDIT: Fixed some links.

Edited by FallenAtlas
  • Upvote 6

@The Other Other Alex's Train RPG

Remains of Snowpiercer in a way, just not as....horrible for the passengers. Why are we riding the train? Is there a point, a destination? Or are they just trying to get away from the population near the MU Robot? I'm certain with the right story, it could be a great Stagecoach meets Snowpiercer, if that's the mood I'm feeling from the basic premise. It's still barebones overall, and needs some personality to it.

@Ghidora131's Frontier RPG

Backstory needs work; What's the importance of the Dark Hunters here? Why was the MU dying, is it following the canon or some other event? It feels sloppy and rushed, and doesn't give a good base for the player to want to jump in, besides the whole killing and getting killed bit.

You state that player-ran factions will be given an unsettled planet to have base on; does this mean there will be settled planets already set up, as a hub for the players to gather?

The weapons don't feel extremely inspired for a sci-fi setting, and the addition of a ballistic shield and a crossbow made me instantly think of Call of Duty in space.

Armor is a mess, and needs cleaning up. Reads like you are tacking ideas upon ideas to an original sentence. Also, rules typically come last, not in the middle where they are most likely to be ignored.

Mr. Crunchy? Is he going to be used for any plots, or is it just a GM device?

@le-toa_rock's RPG

I can see you have a story starting there, but it needs fleshing out and something that gives it that “ZING” that players like. Just plopping a mysterious city down and nixing ranged weapons isn't too big of a draw.

@SnowyAegis' Aqua Bellatores RPG

One question so far: Is it sandbox(or mudbox, given it's under water.), or do you have plot threads in mind?

@Nik The Three's Realm of Teridax RPG

Reminds me of Battle Royale, except fighting each other, fighting the island's master and his minions. Could do with a minor backstory or sorts, instead of the Toa being called to an island where they might die; doesn't like a location Toa would go at all.

You say six elements to choose from, but you list only four. There is a heavy feel of D&D here, with the classes, magic, and leveling up, and that is a lot of work on the GM's part. The classes, I have to admit, look and read like cut-and-pastes from some other website with slight changes to mention Bionicle.

More information about the enemies on the island, common ones, at least would be helpful. And the dungeons mentioned.

@Iaredios Paerkenon's RPG

I could see a RPG coming from the story, but I think you should run with it and write an Epic from it. Seriously, you have some talent.

@Timageness's RPG

Only big concern at the moment, since it's clearly a WIP, is why so many options for the character's species?

Will not address mine; bias in the path of being critical.

@FallenAtlas

It's a sandbox(Ha. Mudbox.), people are free to do whatever they choose. However, I, or someone else(with permissions), may create events or overlying arcs to give the setting a little bit of movement.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

@FallenAtlas

It's a sandbox(Ha. Mudbox.), people are free to do whatever they choose. However, I, or someone else(with permissions), may create events or overlying arcs to give the setting a little bit of movement.

Make sense; sound like a good mudbox then. Certainly would be a fun world to explore once it's finished and ready. I have tons of ideas for a water setting that I've wanted to use since I got into online RPing.

@FallenAtlas: Variety.

Most RPGs stick to the standard Matoran/Skakdi/Vortixx/Custom lineup, but I simply wanted mine to have a greater range of species to choose from at the start of the game, mostly so the players don't feel like they're creativity is being limited to just a handful of options. And as I said when Nato brought up the same exact point a page or two ago, I remember the original version of Daniel the Finlander's (now Daniel the Dwarf) Knightfall easily having double that number, and no one specifically addressed that as a problem back when he was still looking for input (though, he did eventually end up whittling that number down to six or seven when he decided to cut out about half of his initial concept).

In all honesty, I expect that, should this RPG ever get up and running, the majority of the characters will probably consist of some variation of the initial four I listed above, mostly because players are more familiar using them than the others. For those who wish to step outside their comfort zones, however, the option to do so should still remain available to them, and I personally don't see the harm in including a more expansive list from the get-go.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I have an idea for an expansive rpg that might work, and a way to do it in which player spread wouldn't be as severe.

Ok, so let's say we have a starting town. All players, at the beginning of the game, create characters and start in that town. Then, players can group up as they see fit, and either do quests in town or start a journey into the unknown. As each player group moves away from the town, new locations are discovered, and along with it new quests. but on top of that, new players can actually start in the new locations, meaning that if the starting town is completely abandoned, players can instead start out in close proximity to other characters, meaning they can join up with them if they wish to do so.

Having this kind of natural evolution to the rpg, moving starting locations from one place to another, would allow for more flexibility in the playerbase, and allow players to essentially go to the end of the world, and still encounter new player characters. Locations that currently have players would be recommended over the ones that are vacant, although groups of players could always start a new character group in any of the empty, previously discovered locations.

So in essence, although there would be player spread, said player spread would in fact be worked into the mechanics of the rpg, thus lessening its negative impact on the game.

Thoughts?

@Onaku:

All I can say is: Interesting.

I'm sorry, that's not all I can say.

It's certainly an interesting idea. But at the same time, one would need to keep an ever-expanding list of known locations, and keep track of if anyone is still there or not, as well as a possible list of potential locations for people wandering into the sunset. Unless you just want them to vanish and die in the desert.

One way around that is for the GM to have a set world before the RPG starts, but only have the initial town known at the beginning, similar to how Bethesda games work. That would mean there is an end to the world, but at the same time, it would still keep a level of exploration and discovery, especially if locations have several hidden things, or particular landmarks are hidden themselves. These could lead to things like a curious wanderer looking around the beaten path and discovering something everyone else missed. If the GM wanted, they could expand the map every now and again to provide even more locations.

Overall, it's an interesting idea, but the mechanics might need a little polishing. All that above this is just an idea.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Most importantly, response to Realm of Teridax

@Realm of Teridax (my RPG)

Yeah, I was too obsessed with thought of Bionicle rogue-like. If you played game it's based on (Realm of the Mad God), you would see it's nearly the same. I will try to rewrite it to some kind of Bionicle not-bionicle-version-of-that-online-rpg.

Six major elements were meant to be "you can choose one from 6 major elements (fire, water, air, earth, stone, ice) or magnetism, gravity and iron", giving you pick from 9 elements. Basically just keep idea but try it in different way

Also, I might try to merge elements and classes, eg. fire is melee, ice is rogue, air is archer, water is healer etc. Must create some lore though or else it will be just another I-want-bio-roguelike-so-hard.

My thoughts on other RPG ideas

@Ghidora's Frontier RPG

Either make more types of ships or huge variety of modifications for one single type.

@le-toa_rock's RPG

I think there is not real idea behind it. City in desert with legends about dead civilizations. And now it's only single city in desert with few survivors who are trying to kill each other?

@Aqua Bellatores RPG

Seems like strong idea! It is kind of similar to Ghidora's RPG, but water is your space. I love it because, you know, submarines.

@Onaku's RPG

It's really rough idea, but I think it may actually work. But I would wait with it, as there are too many RPGs discussed here right now.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Mr. Crunchy? Is he going to be used for any plots, or is it just a GM device?

He's a GM device that can become a plot weapon.

That's why he exists the way he does, so that if his existence is interfering or unnecessary we can just wipe him out.

Either make more types of ships or huge variety of modifications for one single type.

I think I'm going to go with the latter option.

Most RPGs stick to the standard Matoran/Skakdi/Vortixx/Custom lineup, but I simply wanted mine to have a greater range of species to choose from at the start of the game, mostly so the players don't feel like they're creativity is being limited to just a handful of options. And as I said when Nato brought up the same exact point a page or two ago, I remember the original version of Daniel the Finlander's (now Daniel the Dwarf) Knightfall easily having double that number, and no one specifically addressed that as a problem back when he was still looking for input (though, he did eventually end up whittling that number down to six or seven when he decided to cut out about half of his initial concept).

In all honesty, I expect that, should this RPG ever get up and running, the majority of the characters will probably consist of some variation of the initial four I listed above, mostly because players are more familiar using them than the others. For those who wish to step outside their comfort zones, however, the option to do so should still remain available to them, and I personally don't see the harm in including a more expansive list from the get-go.

Now that you've put it like that, I can get behind that decision completely. Even gives me a few ideas...

@Iaredios Paerkenon's RPG

I could see a RPG coming from the story, but I think you should run with it and write an Epic from it. Seriously, you have some talent.

Well thanks dude. It's actually based off of lore I have been creating for my A Rude Awakening project, except that I fleshed it out here instead the small paragraph I previously had in that topic. :P

Yeah, it could be restructured to be less plot strict, it doesn't even have to have Certavus in there (I only added him in there to add to plot) as I previously considered having Tajun's fall as a great power be separated from Certavus by a few centuries. But my main intention here was bringing to attention that a Spherus Magna/Bara Magna RPG could be done. I wouldn't mind playing as any of those races, but none of the currently active RPGs have them available for selection. If people want me to continue to work on this, then I could do that, just don't expect an active RPG from me anytime soon.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Now that you've put it like that, I can get behind that decision completely. Even gives me a few ideas...

Forgot to mention this in the original response, but it would also encourage players to be more creative while developing a potential Custom Species, as they most likely wouldn't want them to be too similar to one that has already been previously approved for gameplay purposes.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So, here is a different take on roguelike bionicle-themed rpg. I added some mechanics that might remind you of Skyrim and tried to make Toa more Toa. Classes don't fit very well with Bioncle. I am not happy with introduction lore, it sounds like if Toa were bad guys mindlessly killing Makuta.

Realm of Teridax v.2

All places, where Makuta species were living are now cleared and populated with Matoran. A lot of Toa were left there to guard them. Teridax and his closest allies had to move to the last island not cotrolled by Toa. He lost many of his minions. but lucky for him, island was dangerous itself before he came, with Bohrok and Rahi wandering it freely. Adding his remaining minions, he is safe from Toa in his realm. At least he was until Toa found his island thousands of years later.

World

The Realm of Teridax is a huge island surounded by ocean from all sides. On its shores, new Toa are appearing, ready to finally defeat Teridax. Island itself has many different areas, including forest, plains, desert and finally mountains in the middle of the island. Closer to the mountains, tougher the enemies and land.

East coastline
One of two places where Toa may appear. Extending up to north and south, it is largest sandy beach on whole island and hosts mostly weak Rahi. Should be ideal for new Toa to adapt to island's hostile nature and get basic loot.
East plains
Hosting mostly Vahki and Rahkshi at night, this place is tougher than beach, but still quite manageable for weaker Toa.
East forest
Tougher than plains, this place hosts Rahkshi but also swarms of Bohrok. Covered in darkness by treetops, you can meet groups of Rahkshi even when it's day.

West coastline
Second place where Toa may spawn, terrain is more hostile here than on its east counterpart. Rather than sandy beach, this place is full of cliffs and rocks. Again, it's home mostly to some weaker Rahi.
West plains
Mostly same as east plains. (to be extended)
West forest
Mostly same as east forest. (to be extended)
Great desert
Covering most of west side of the island, great desert is a place hosting many hostile species. (to be named)

North plains
This place have slightly tougher enemies than both east and west plains. It is still safest way to get from west side to east side and back.
Wastelands
Colder and tougher, this place surrounds mountains. Hosting harder enemies, this place is to be feared by novices. It is a land similar to desert, but with some sparse vegetation.
Mountains
This place is full of Dark Hunters, guarded by most elite Rahkshi and home to some Makuta, such as Icarax and Antroz. (we don't care much about canon here). Deep in the mountains, there is a staircase to Teridax's underground base.

Characters

World was in peace for a long time as Makuta's presence on this island was just discovered. Best Toa were left to defend Matoran in case of sudden attack.
Most of the Toa on island didn't even got a chance to experience real battle. They didn't even had reason to really train. And so, they know basics of fight but still have to gain some skill.
As a Toa, you may prefer different things: swords, daggers, bows or just your elemental powers. Or you can learn to create tools for your allies. More skilled in one ability, the more you are able to use it. But it also slows down increasing skill in different abilities. This phenomenon is called 'leveling'.
Every use of ability gives increases your skill a bit (To be added how does the bit actually look like). Main categories are:
Light attack - Works with weapons such as daggers and short swords. Also let you dual wield mentioned weapons better.
Heavy attack - Warhammers, axes, two-handed swords. These are just some of heavy weapons.
Block - Using shields in combination with light weapons or using heavier to block and eventually perry attacks.
Ranged attack - Using bows, crossbows and another ranged weapons.
Elemental powers - Can be used with any types of weapons to enhance them or at its own as forms of energy.
Craftsmanship - Working with softer materials, such as leather or wood. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to improve their products.
Forging - Working with metals and gems. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to enhance their products. Requires specialized tools.
Traps laying - Most silent way to kill, hurt or cripple somebody. Start with simple rope and end with sophisticated trap.
Stealth - Great to combine with light weapons or traps laying. If you are good in stealth, you're almost invisible.

Elements
All Toa got elemental powers. They can be channeled using weapons, giving your weapon temporary fire effect for example. You can unleash elemental powers themselves, to create water, to lift objects using gravity etc. If Toa of fire with very strong elemental powers ability creates a bow, even Toa of different element will be able to shoot fire arrows. If you use elemental powers often, you will increase your skill eventually.

Gear
You get basic stuff. Enemies may have stronger tools and weapons, stronger the enemy, better may weapons be. You will also find materials, which can be crafted or forged into better tools. Using stronger materials however needs more skill. Not everybody can be craftsman.

Enemies

Weaker enemies are controlled by players who are fighting them (with some common sense). They can drop some less powerful gear, but that also depends on location (wasteland enemy will drop better sword than a rahi on beach).
At least once per week, a more powerful species of Makuta will appear - an Event. Due to monotony of game, they are probably going to attract players. These can be Bahrag, legion of Rahkshi... They are always announced telepathically by Teridax himself and can be less powerful in plains or pure terror in wastelands. Those are controlled by GMs and can kill you if you underestimate them. Rewards for those tougher guys are more powerful gear and crazy amount of experience.
Some enemies will guard entrances to dungeons. Those host amounts of bad guys and also bosses on end. If you are alone, don't dare to enter these. (To be added)

So, here is a different take on roguelike bionicle-themed rpg. I added some mechanics that might remind you of Skyrim and tried to make Toa more Toa. Classes don't fit very well with Bioncle. I am not happy with introduction lore, it sounds like if Toa were bad guys mindlessly killing Makuta.

Realm of Teridax v.2

All places, where Makuta species were living are now cleared and populated with Matoran. A lot of Toa were left there to guard them. Teridax and his closest allies had to move to the last island not cotrolled by Toa. He lost many of his minions. but lucky for him, island was dangerous itself before he came, with Bohrok and Rahi wandering it freely. Adding his remaining minions, he is safe from Toa in his realm. At least he was until Toa found his island thousands of years later.

All places where the Makuta were living are now cleared and populated with Matoran. Numerous Toa were left to guard them. Teridax and his remaining allies were forced to move to the last island not controlled by the Toa. He lost many of his minions, but lucky for him the island was already populated with Bohrok and Rahi; they easily fell under his control. On this new island, he is safe from the Toa. At least he was until the Toa found where the last Makuta reigned.    Just a little cleaned up.

World

The Realm of Teridax is a huge island surounded by ocean from all sides. On its shores, new Toa are appearing, ready to finally defeat Teridax. Island itself has many different areas, including forest, plains, desert and finally mountains in the middle of the island. Closer to the mountains, tougher the enemies and land.

East coastline

One of two places where Toa may appear. Extending up to north and south, it is largest sandy beach on whole island and hosts mostly weak Rahi. Should be ideal for new Toa to adapt to island's hostile nature and get basic loot.

East plains

Hosting mostly Vahki and Rahkshi at night, this place is tougher than beach, but still quite manageable for weaker Toa.

East forest

Tougher than plains, this place hosts Rahkshi but also swarms of Bohrok. Covered in darkness by treetops, you can meet groups of Rahkshi even when it's day.

West coastline

Second place where Toa may spawn, terrain is more hostile here than on its east counterpart. Rather than sandy beach, this place is full of cliffs and rocks. Again, it's home mostly to some weaker Rahi.

West plains

Mostly same as east plains. (to be extended)

West forest

Mostly same as east forest. (to be extended)

Great desert

Covering most of west side of the island, great desert is a place hosting many hostile species. (to be named)

North plains

This place have slightly tougher enemies than both east and west plains. It is still safest way to get from west side to east side and back.

Wastelands

Colder and tougher, this place surrounds mountains. Hosting harder enemies, this place is to be feared by novices. It is a land similar to desert, but with some sparse vegetation.

Mountains

This place is full of Dark Hunters, guarded by most elite Rahkshi and home to some Makuta, such as Icarax and Antroz. (we don't care much about canon here). Deep in the mountains, there is a staircase to Teridax's underground base.

Might be good to have a map, given the vast amount of locations. It would really help to prevent the characters from being confused.

Characters

World was in peace for a long time as Makuta's presence on this island was just discovered. Best Toa were left to defend Matoran in case of sudden attack.

Most of the Toa on island didn't even got a chance to experience real battle. They didn't even had reason to really train. And so, they know basics of fight but still have to gain some skill.

As a Toa, you may prefer different things: swords, daggers, bows or just your elemental powers. Or you can learn to create tools for your allies. More skilled in one ability, the more you are able to use it. But it also slows down increasing skill in different abilities. This phenomenon is called 'leveling'.

Every use of ability gives increases your skill a bit (To be added how does the bit actually look like). Main categories are:

Light attack - Works with weapons such as daggers and short swords. Also let you dual wield mentioned weapons better.

Heavy attack - Warhammers, axes, two-handed swords. These are just some of heavy weapons.

Block - Using shields in combination with light weapons or using heavier to block and eventually perry attacks.

Ranged attack - Using bows, crossbows and another ranged weapons.

Elemental powers - Can be used with any types of weapons to enhance them or at its own as forms of energy.

Craftsmanship - Working with softer materials, such as leather or wood. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to improve their products.

Forging - Working with metals and gems. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to enhance their products. Requires specialized tools.

Traps laying - Most silent way to kill, hurt or cripple somebody. Start with simple rope and end with sophisticated trap.

Stealth - Great to combine with light weapons or traps laying. If you are good in stealth, you're almost invisible.

How do we decide how good we are though? Some players can RP a fight better, some a stealth better, than what their level would actually reflect? Would this take a LOT of GM interference to control?

Elements

All Toa got elemental powers. They can be channeled using weapons, giving your weapon temporary fire effect for example. You can unleash elemental powers themselves, to create water, to lift objects using gravity etc. If Toa of fire with very strong elemental powers ability creates a bow, even Toa of different element will be able to shoot fire arrows. If you use elemental powers often, you will increase your skill eventually.

Toa of Fire can create a bow, but all Toa can use it? Or did I read that wrong?

Gear

You get basic stuff. Enemies may have stronger tools and weapons, stronger the enemy, better may weapons be. You will also find materials, which can be crafted or forged into better tools. Using stronger materials however needs more skill. Not everybody can be craftsman.

What kind of basic stuff? Disc launcher? Protosteel swords?

Enemies

Weaker enemies are controlled by players who are fighting them (with some common sense). They can drop some less powerful gear, but that also depends on location (wasteland enemy will drop better sword than a rahi on beach).

Is there a list of things each enemy can drop? Some players might abuse the system to get "better gear" early on.

At least once per week, a more powerful species of Makuta will appear - an Event. Due to monotony of game, they are probably going to attract players. These can be Bahrag, legion of Rahkshi... They are always announced telepathically by Teridax himself and can be less powerful in plains or pure terror in wastelands. Those are controlled by GMs and can kill you if you underestimate them. Rewards for those tougher guys are more powerful gear and crazy amount of experience.

More powerful species of Makuta? I'm not well versed, but Makuta is already a species. You could say that Teridax(The last Makuta) unleashes a powerful enemy on the island.

Some enemies will guard entrances to dungeons. Those host amounts of bad guys and also bosses on end. If you are alone, don't dare to enter these. (To be added)

I have another idea which would have considerably more ship-to-ship combat, but not in the usual sense. As in, not in water or space. And weapons aren't just like machine guns or lasers mounted on your ships. They wouldn't work. I'd stick to Aqua Bellatores, but if people want to hear my considerably different idea, I can post it. All I'll say here is mining machines are commonplace.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I've been toying around with an idea involving airships, but given the sheer number of different concepts being tossed around right now, I think I'll leave it on the backburner until this topic calms down a bit.

Gives me more time to work on it, anyway. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@FA

Thank you for cleanup! I can write beautiful essays, but not in english. About map, I am planning to add it.

I have to add some details to skills and leveling as they seem to be most important mechanic. It doesn't matter that much how good at RPing of fights you are. If your skill in light attack is high, you will defeat weaker enemies without difficulties. If you never tried stealth, you will step on every branch you can see.

Tools - if Toa of fire decides to make a fire bow and give it to other Toa, it will still be fire bow even if it was used by Toa of water.

Gear - to be written

Drops - there will be list of enemies per certain area and their possible drops listed. For events, actual drops will be listed after defeating it.

I think it would make better video game than TBRPG. Maybe it could be a shorter RPG, lasting for example 4 months before Teridax is defeated.

I have another idea which would have considerably more ship-to-ship combat, but not in the usual sense. As in, not in water or space. And weapons aren't just like machine guns or lasers mounted on your ships. They wouldn't work. I'd stick to Aqua Bellatores, but if people want to hear my considerably different idea, I can post it. All I'll say here is mining machines are commonplace.

I've been toying around with an idea involving airships, but given the sheer number of different concepts being tossed around right now, I think I'll leave it on the backburner until this topic calms down a bit.

Gives me more time to work on it, anyway.

I've been toying around with an idea involving airships,

You mean Steampunk airships?

That is so close to what I've been working on, believe it or not. I just went in a slightly... different direction with it.

If you go back and read what little plot info I did put into the post about the mechanics, you just might figure out what I'm talking about.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

You mean Steampunk airships?

No, I mean airships. Possibly with characters having access to nerfed versions of various Karda Nui style vehicles

As I mentioned earlier, it's still in the planning stages. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Don't be expecting it anytime particularly soon.

Believe it or not, that's actually what gave me the idea. Partially, at least. 

My other idea to AB is kinda the reverse. I'll put a summary here, but unless people like it and want me to post more on it, don't consider it a proper RPG suggestion.

Tis called Reverse Space. To put it simply, everything is solid earth and rock. Everything. Not the planet. Everything and beyond. The entire universe, for all you know. People live in gargantuan, spherical chambers, known aptly as Chambers, with cities on the walls. Light is provided from separate, even larger Chambers surrounded by a seemingly impenetrable black rock containing what is, in effect, a star. Massive glassy tunnels lead from these 'Sun Chambers' to others, providing light. But you may ask. How do people get around? Simple: Frickin mining machines. Big drills on the front. Think that Lego Power Miners set with the big drill one. Just with guns. Why guns, tho? Simply, two things: Firstly, bandits. Banditos. Rogues, thieves, so on. People need to defend their Diggers. Secondly, there is an ongoing war between two factions, over territory, resources and dominance. While it is possible to live out a life without getting involved in the war or having the war interrupt you, a wandering Digger may come across a warship. It may or may not be friendly.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Our story starts even before the bionicle on spherus magna. Odd creatures known as "The Terrible Beings" built a fortress in the center of the largest desert on Spherus magna. Their kind died in an uprising of their servants, who became known as "The Scholars." It was a time of peace and learning, but they died in the splitting of Spherus magna. After Mata Nui caused the planet to be complete again the city reappeared. Now it is being inhabited by toa, matoran, agori, glatorian, and other creatures from both worlds. But only the stongest survive, those whose destinies are manipulated by players. A mechanism The scholars built to disable ranged weapons began to work with the coming of living things. you are welcome no matter where you are in the Matoran universe ( the koros).

There are no NPCs as they are not always manipulated by players and quickly die in the harsh desert. 

NEW CONTENT

A giant spider-like vehicle to transport characters away if they want to leave the RPG, and to do the opposite with new characters. Giant outposts with massive cannons outside the range to "The Mechanism" are operated by characters who have chosen to do so. Each character is given an empty Bohrok. they have no element, and if the player wishes to,they can name it*, and bohrok va for those at the outposts. players can submit a request for a shop, koisk, ect.

* Perhaps there can be a separate topic for the bohrok featuring names, owners, and such

It's been forever since I've been a part of one of the rpgs on this forum, but I was thinking of coming up with my own concept for fun, so if anyone could give me feedback on this idea that would be great. B-)  

I was looking over a list of recent rpgs to make sure this idea hasn't been done already, and I really enjoy the layout of the BZPRPG, and I was wondering if anyone has created a similar rpg that took place after the end of bionicle g1? I think there's a lot of room there to create an entirely new story, and it could deal with the New Atero populace either joining or opposing Velika as he attempts to take over spherus magna.

Of course, this is a very basic story idea so far, and I need to put a lot of work into it. but has anything like this already been done? I know that there have been a lot of spherus magna rpgs proposed, but has there been one specifically dealing with the great beings and velika's plans? 

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

@le-toa_rock's RPG

I think there is not real idea behind it. City in desert with legends about dead civilizations. And now it's only single city in desert with few survivors who are trying to kill each other?

No, it is a sprawling complex that the inhabitants were completely wiped out and now there are newcomers. new edit, the bohroks' element is healing, to keep characters from getting killed

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kekadee, time to kick this into having something new.

Welcome to (as far as I remember) expanded upon

AQUA BELLATORES

The world lies in ruins after a series of catastrophic asteroid impacts. To escape the fires, destruction and the increasingly hazardous air, those that still survived fled beneath the ocean. Several generations have passed since then, and many know little, if anything of what surface life was like. The surface, however, has not recovered, and is still toxic to life. Out of necessity and little more, technology has advanced considerably in those generations to allow the people to survive.

--THE STATIONS--

Successors to the Koros, the Stations are enclosed, airtight settlements built to be self-sufficient, although trade between Stations still exists. The Stations follow the same core design, although each has a distinguishing feature about it, namely the colour and texture of the metal used in its construction:

>THE SHELL:The outermost part. The Shell is where everything is, homes, shops and so on. When in a housing block, shop or anything like that, you are assumed to be in The Shell. Airlocks and docks are also found here.

>THE RING: Main, middle part. The Ring is a circular route allowing for access. Most often, the Ring is furnished by lounges, public vending machines and the occasional temporary stall, as well as designated traveling routes. When not in the Core or any home or shop, you are assumed to be in The Ring.

>THE CORE: Innermost, safest area. The Core is where the Station's leader resides and where political meetings occur. The Core also tends to have an 'emergency bunker' built into it in the event of disaster, and this is generally large enough to accommodate the entire population.

BUILDING STATIONS: Players are allowed to construct their own Stations! Six PCs must get together and determine a location for their Station. Note, a player in this group can only control up to two people in that six(so one guy can't make six people just to make a station). PC Stations are automatically counted as self-sufficient and trade subs from other Stations are thought to be visiting them. However, PC Stations are always smaller than the primary six. If players wish to construct a station, they must PM me with the characters and people controlling them, and where their Station is(IE Between Le-Stat and Ga-Stat, closer to Le-Stat, deep as can go).

--TRANSPORTATION--

There are several means developed for traveling between Stations, beyond holding your breath and swimming(the distance is, in all likelihood, suicidal for this).

>AUTOGILLS: Breathing apparatuses developed in Onu-Stat, Autogills are worn over the mouth and nose like a dust mask, and feature two tubes running around the back of the head. These tubes are the 'gills', drawing oxygen from the surrounding water. Some Autogills may have built-in goggles. Autogills can be rented for a low fee, or bought for a higher one.

>LIGHT SUBS: These small, fast submersibles can generally only hold two to four people. However, their speed is unrivaled, able to cross the distance between Stations in mere minutes. However, they are not very robust, and a crash is likely severe for any Light Sub.

>HEAVY SUBS: Bigger, heavier, slower subs ranging from bus-sized people movers to bulky, tough military subs. All Heavy Subs have built-in Autogill systems to maintain their oxygen supply. Military Heavy Subs have layers of armor and have guns, ranging from simple mounted javelin guns to side-mounted missile launchers. These are only available to main Station guard forces. Military Subs require a minimum of two people to operate, although the crew can be counted as NPCs.

>Kaukau masks still exist and still function, but have a time limit of around 4 minutes, and a cooldown of 2.

--PRE-THOUGHT RANGED WEAPONS--

Unless an * exists next to their name, these are available to any species as Native Tech. Ones with an * next to their name are pre-thought Foreign Tech and you must still ask if they can be used.

>Kanoka Launchers: Unfortunately, these only function in pressurized environments, such as on Stations. In the water, the disks travel mere meters before stopping, and have become unpopular as a result.

>Rhotuka Launchers: These, on the other hand, function rather well in the water. Only some Rhotukas are powered(ask if you want a powered Launcher. Your character must have elemental powers for one), but all have a serrated edge to make up for this.

>Spring Guns: Spring Guns are simple, robust, easy to maintain weapons that operate using a spring. Ammunition for Spring Guns are long, narrow spikes designed to easily cut through the water. Some forms of self-reloading Spring Guns are used as mounted turrets on military subs. Most Spring Guns are simple rifles, but some are heavier, such as the three-stage trigger, three-barreled* Spring Guns, or the heavy-duty shoulder-mounted ones that fire larger missiles with a triggered fuel tank.

>Hybrid Rifles*: These guns combine the technology of Spring Guns with old air-powered technology. Hybrid Rifles are some of the more advanced weapons in use, having a magazine containing 6 shots total, operated by a bolt(pulls the spring back and pumps the bag in one pull, yeah!). Hybrid Rifle shots are smaller than Spring Gun shots, but the power behind a Hybrid Rifle makes them that little bit more dangerous.

>Rotor Cannons*: Heavy weapons in the extreme, Rotor Cannons are hand-cranked or spring-cranked Gatling weapons using a little bit of the same air-powered tech in Hybrid Rifles. Fed by a spring-operated box and firing the same ammunition as Hybrid Rifles, Rotor Cannons are like their weaker, less accurate automatic cousins. A mechanism attached to the firing mechanism displays on a readout how many shots are left(a full box is, on average, 30 shots). Most Rotor Cannons use three barrels, but heavier versions exist.

--SPECIES--

All the of regular BZPRPG species are used and available in AB, except for one: The Aqarda.

The Aqarda are vaguely Toa-like in appearance, except they are visibly more organic(AB is still set around Mata Nui, so the Aqarda are native to Aqua Magna and as such not from the MU) and possessing tails similar to just about any other marine life, depending on the individual. Initial Aqarda did not use Kanohi, but they do possess the capability. Aqarda tails let them swim much faster than other species, but they still have a time limit in water. In addition, Aqarda have a weakness to heat and fire, and are less resilient than MU species, with their more organic structure. Some Aqarda tend to lurk in ancient ruins of their old ancestors, and may find a fancy relic in there.

>One Kanohi or one foreign tech.

Go ahead, comment or whatever.

I just really want to run this RPG.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

It's late so my response isn't going to be too in depth, but there are two things I notice right off the bat. Firstly, I'm not entirely clear on what the plot of the RPG is supposed to be. Underwater themed, clearly, set in a world where the surface was heavily damaged, but... What are players supposed to be doing? What is their goal? What is the conflict of the game?

There's a lack of a profile form, as well, and you should try to avoid leaning on the BZPRPG for your species list. People might not necessarily know where to find it, and even if they did, the rules of both games are certainly not going to be compatible. Relying on another source just leads to confusion.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I know, I'm not going to use that thing up there, that's just an explanation. If it does end up running, I'll put a proper species list there, alright?

And, as we said above, it's a sandbox. There's no one overlying story arc, players are free to do what they like and cause their own events, see how the AB world evolves through player stuff. Smaller arcs may be implemented to move things along a little, but otherwise it's more player-oriented.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Character template (pending)

Name: (who are you, anyway?)

Species: (Matoran, Toa, Vortixx, etc.)

Gender: (Male? Female? Or something else? try to keep it relevant, though)

Affiliation: (if working for two factions, please place as "double agent" and list the two factions. More info on double agents below)

Vehicle: (see vehicles)

Playable Species:

Matoran

Toa

Vortixx

Skakdi

Factions:

Empire Hand (Helryx, pending)

Empire Hand was formed from the Order of Mata Nui after many of its original members were killed. Since then, they have let in anyone deemed good enough to fight, as they try to take over the rest of the universe. Heartily stating they intend only good, yet do otherwise, it seems nobody can be trusted anymore. Members of Empire Hand are heavily trained and disobedience is met with strict punishment. Good fighting and strict loyalty is the only way to move up in this type of sect.
This is the standard Heroic group.

-----

Dead Conquest (pending)

Dead Conquest is made of rebels of Empire Hand, always ready to tear people in two to bring liberation to all. Their brutal actions and rough training hide friendly leaders and a will to free the universe from Empire Hand's steel grip. Never be too trusting, though: they are painted as villains across the ears of the people.
This is the standard rebellious group.

-----

Dark Horizon (pending)

Dark Horizon consists of the villainous members of the Dark Hunters, now much more villainous and under new leadership. The Dark Hunter's weaponry is sometimes hand-made from the remains of other weapons (or other Hunters). Lesser known, Dark Horizon intends to set up the rule of the Dark Hunters once again. Only absolute villains get in here, folks, and don't expect to defect to another group and live.
This is the standard villainous group.

-----

[Name it and claim it]

That's right, get a few players together and you can make your own organization! It has to be more than 2 characters heading it, though. You can join any group you want, but I'm not handing out these things like popcorn. It's gotta be well assembled and be interesting enough. All custom factions will be given a base on an unsettled planet and enough resources and vehicles to start off.

Out-Of-Reach Tech: More weapons for you to use may be available in the future, but hyperspace, tracking beacons, and other high-power devices can only be used by the faction leaders and higher ups. Don't put these into your ship without permission. You may end up receiving these later though, for completing missions and/or tackling/driving off bigger threats.

Combat: you'll be fighting in two massive spacecraft, both heavily armed and guarded to prevent any attack from harming it. Please treat them like actual beings in combat.

Planets: Ah, here's the fun part! now and again i'll introduce missions for the factions to find and control unknown planets, and whatever Rahi or materials that are there is yours for the taking. Capture planets to establish bases. And do expect on-planet gunfights. Each Faction main ship has several massive dropships, which take your ships to destinations for you via hyperspace. Saves a lot of time.

-----

Weapons:

You're gonna need to be well-protected to survive in a warfare land. Below are the weapons you can use, with more in the future. You can carry Three of these weapons maximum, or three of the same weapon. Do note: some weapons that are copies of each other (i.e. Kanoka=Buzzsaw Kanoka) cannot both be carried. These will be listed by the color of text.

Any weapon with italic spelling (i.e., Weapon) is a one-of-a-kind weapon. You can only have one of these weapons, and not two together.

Basic weapons types include:

Zamor Launcher: Your state-of-the-art Zamor, no antidermis included. Works like a Zamor should, and would.
Maximum ammunition: 14

Kanoka Launcher: You do know what a Kanoka is, right? well, this fires them like you would think it would. Don't forget that you're not gonna be over-exaggerating the power of this.
Maximum ammunition: 8

Buzzsaw Kanoka: A Kanoka launcher that fires powerless, sharp-edged Kanoka. Get hit by one of these and at the least it'll shred your armour, at the worst tear your stomach out.
Maximum ammunition: 4

Rhotuka launcher: You should know how Rhotuka work. Just specify what type of Rhotuka, and no OP ones like mutation.
Maximum ammunition: 8

Madu Launcher: Since Madu Cabolo are so explosive, chuck one out of this launcher to make a 2-bio blast and knock someone quite a ways. Downside, you can only carry one, and bringing more Madu Cabolo than what can fit in the launcher is dangerous, as if they get hit they hurt you.
Maximum ammunition: 5

Cable Rhotuka: Not a simple weapon, to say the least. This Rhotuka launcher fires a powerless Rhotuka that ensnares its opponent in a metal cable, and can wrap around a limb with ease. If one is fired at a structure or vehicle in a spot where it can latch onto, it will, and can be used to climb on.
Maximum ammunition: 5

Elite Weaponry:

These weapons Are unique, as you can only carry one from this category. Choose wisely.

Ballistic Shield: This protosteel shield protects you from most every weapon, and can be used as a bashing weapon as well. Each one is unique to its species, so a Matoran-sized shield wouldn't work for a Vortixx. The weaknesses of the Ballistic shield are the superheated Crossbow bolts, and the teleport and knockback Zamor. You can carry only one.

Crossbow
: This Crossbow fires superheated bolts that can go quite a long way, and do a lot of damage. You can customize your Crossbow to fire freeze bolts, or explosive bolts.
Maximum ammunition: 14

-----

Armour:

Now, the armour you wear gives you protection against the high-tech weapons of the future, and lets you treat you character normally like any other RPG. But, keep it in good condition, as you may encounter dangerous threats along the way that could defeat you much easier if you didn't have it. Every time you visit your HQ, your armour will be automatically repaired. However, you won't have your armour on in your HQ, as this helps even out such common brawls and fistfights that will occur. Your armour will also repair automatically if you are in your custom HQ, like a planet base or smaller main ship. But not any planet base you walk up to. Only a planet base that have been set out by your faction leader as your home base will work. Your helmet will contain contact devices that will fail if you get hit by a Ghost Blaster. It will also let you breathe in space, in case you are called to investigate a planet with toxic or zero atmosphere.

For Toa: Due to the mental connection in order to keep the suit's systems in check, you are unable to directly use your powers on another being. You'll have to make some kind of attack with your element instead of inflicting the being directly.

Sound Toa: while you have your sound abilities, using them in a shout will disrupt your own system before it reaches the other being.

For Skakdi: Unfortunately there is no form-fitting suit for your spine, so it remains exposed. It's probably not going to be an issue, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Can't:
         Go into hyperspace. I don't want you zipping around the universe like nyan cat and blasting everything in sight, before darting away again. Otherwise Mr. Crunchy will get you.
         Disobey any BZP rules. That just goes without saying.
         Completely change your vehicle. I will have customizations available, but you're not gonna turn your spacecraft into a death star.
         OP-ify your character. You aren't an unstoppable engine of destruction, and that's final.

Ships:

Now comes the most frustrating part: the ships.  Basically each ship begins as a single sphere with a seat and controls. Customization can occur from there, but every ship must either have an image or an extremely detailed description.

Ship Weapons:

Ah, the weapons section for your little tin can. Currently the only weapon is the magma cannon, a weapon that does the damage seen by standard-level weapons elsewhere in other forms of media. It only works in zero-gravity though, so using it on the ground would only result in your ship suddenly becoming a very low-power bomber.
Pending till next update.

-----
Junk Dealer

Ah, the Junk Dealer. The small planet of Mollog is the home world of several small, mysterious creatures that assist their leader to buy in collected junk (most of which is actually worth quite a bit) and resell it. Their leader is only known as the Junk Dealer. You can get an item out of him based on his mood, and how much the item(s) you give him are worth in his eyes. Any vehicle or gun from him will require lots of work, but will function like any other ship or weapon, and can be customized just the same. There's no currency, but you can find some interesting items on some planets.
-----

Mr. Crunchy

Mr. Crunchy is a mindless, monstrous, rock mass that loves nothing more than eating your ship. It's hard to drive away, and very dangerous. It tracks down lone ships that are not near their fleet, and gains mass from random chunks of rock and vehicles, using the weapon's charging clips to become bigger. Best advice: run.

Next update will include GM NPCs, and any players wanting to assist moderate this game.