• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official RPG Planning Topic

• Please log in to reply
2470 replies to this topic

#2441 Offline FallenAtlas

FallenAtlas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 19-May 15
  • 223 posts

Posted Aug 24 2015 - 03:30 PM

For the convenience of everybody here, a list of the recent RPGs(Note, those at the top are the oldest and thus deserve the MOST ATTENTION. The lower on the list, the newer they are, and can, at least for my RPG, wait a good while before being commented on.):

The Other Other Alex's Train RPG

Ghidora131's Frontier RPG

le-toa_rock's RPG

SnowyAegis' Aqua Bellatores RPG

Nik the Three's Realm of Teridex RPG

Iaredios Paerkenon's RPG

Timageness' RPG

FallenAtlas' Ark #351 RPG

I'm not a mod, but I strongly advise against reposting your RPG unless you have updated information to add. All recent RPGs come from pages 60 and 61. No RPGs were posted on page 59, except for a massive amount of criticism and questions, marking the start of the new batch.

EDIT: Fixed some links.

Edited by FallenAtlas, Aug 25 2015 - 05:34 PM.

Supina|Yenroot

Corpus Rahkshi: Augustus

#2442 Offline Battery

Battery
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,754 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2015 - 01:36 AM

You're a bro FA.

PERSONA: SEA OF DJINN [RPG/Discussion]

RPG PROFILES [BZPRPG/Marvel]

#2443 Offline FallenAtlas

FallenAtlas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 19-May 15
  • 223 posts

Posted Aug 25 2015 - 06:06 PM

@The Other Other Alex's Train RPG

Remains of Snowpiercer in a way, just not as....horrible for the passengers. Why are we riding the train? Is there a point, a destination? Or are they just trying to get away from the population near the MU Robot? I'm certain with the right story, it could be a great Stagecoach meets Snowpiercer, if that's the mood I'm feeling from the basic premise. It's still barebones overall, and needs some personality to it.

@Ghidora131's Frontier RPG

Backstory needs work; What's the importance of the Dark Hunters here? Why was the MU dying, is it following the canon or some other event? It feels sloppy and rushed, and doesn't give a good base for the player to want to jump in, besides the whole killing and getting killed bit.

You state that player-ran factions will be given an unsettled planet to have base on; does this mean there will be settled planets already set up, as a hub for the players to gather?

The weapons don't feel extremely inspired for a sci-fi setting, and the addition of a ballistic shield and a crossbow made me instantly think of Call of Duty in space.

Armor is a mess, and needs cleaning up. Reads like you are tacking ideas upon ideas to an original sentence. Also, rules typically come last, not in the middle where they are most likely to be ignored.

Mr. Crunchy? Is he going to be used for any plots, or is it just a GM device?

@le-toa_rock's RPG

I can see you have a story starting there, but it needs fleshing out and something that gives it that “ZING” that players like. Just plopping a mysterious city down and nixing ranged weapons isn't too big of a draw.

@SnowyAegis' Aqua Bellatores RPG

One question so far: Is it sandbox(or mudbox, given it's under water.), or do you have plot threads in mind?

@Nik The Three's Realm of Teridax RPG

Reminds me of Battle Royale, except fighting each other, fighting the island's master and his minions. Could do with a minor backstory or sorts, instead of the Toa being called to an island where they might die; doesn't like a location Toa would go at all.

You say six elements to choose from, but you list only four. There is a heavy feel of D&D here, with the classes, magic, and leveling up, and that is a lot of work on the GM's part. The classes, I have to admit, look and read like cut-and-pastes from some other website with slight changes to mention Bionicle.

More information about the enemies on the island, common ones, at least would be helpful. And the dungeons mentioned.

@Iaredios Paerkenon's RPG

I could see a RPG coming from the story, but I think you should run with it and write an Epic from it. Seriously, you have some talent.

@Timageness's RPG

Only big concern at the moment, since it's clearly a WIP, is why so many options for the character's species?

Will not address mine; bias in the path of being critical.

Supina|Yenroot

#2444 Offline SnowyAegis

SnowyAegis
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 07-October 14
  • 397 posts

Posted Aug 25 2015 - 06:16 PM

@FallenAtlas
It's a sandbox(Ha. Mudbox.), people are free to do whatever they choose. However, I, or someone else(with permissions), may create events or overlying arcs to give the setting a little bit of movement.

#2445 Offline FallenAtlas

FallenAtlas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 19-May 15
  • 223 posts

Posted Aug 25 2015 - 06:18 PM

@FallenAtlas
It's a sandbox(Ha. Mudbox.), people are free to do whatever they choose. However, I, or someone else(with permissions), may create events or overlying arcs to give the setting a little bit of movement.

Make sense; sound like a good mudbox then. Certainly would be a fun world to explore once it's finished and ready. I have tons of ideas for a water setting that I've wanted to use since I got into online RPing.

Supina|Yenroot

#2446 Offline Ghidora131

Ghidora131
  • Members
  • The Danish fish

• 21-June 13
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2015 - 10:19 PM

Updated Frontier, tear it apart.

I'd really like to see some critique/suggestions in the weapons/ships/ships departments.

cakes.png
This and This. G'night..

#2447 Offline Timageness

Timageness
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 19-August 14
  • 2,719 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 02:18 AM

@FallenAtlas: Variety.

Most RPGs stick to the standard Matoran/Skakdi/Vortixx/Custom lineup, but I simply wanted mine to have a greater range of species to choose from at the start of the game, mostly so the players don't feel like they're creativity is being limited to just a handful of options. And as I said when Nato brought up the same exact point a page or two ago, I remember the original version of Daniel the Finlander's (now Daniel the Dwarf) Knightfall easily having double that number, and no one specifically addressed that as a problem back when he was still looking for input (though, he did eventually end up whittling that number down to six or seven when he decided to cut out about half of his initial concept).

In all honesty, I expect that, should this RPG ever get up and running, the majority of the characters will probably consist of some variation of the initial four I listed above, mostly because players are more familiar using them than the others. For those who wish to step outside their comfort zones, however, the option to do so should still remain available to them, and I personally don't see the harm in including a more expansive list from the get-go.

Active RPGs/Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Rail, Venom, and Liar

Matoran und Panzer Characters: Kain and The Dreadnought

Bionifight Infinite Characters: Tarsus The Inquisitor, Amorigiahna, Ravyn (Revenant), and Salera ("Five-Knuckled Sal")

Year 60,000 Characters: Smackdown, Phantom, and Blockbuster

RPG Scorecard:

The Asylum

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking awhile to do so.

#2448 Offline Toa Onaku

Toa Onaku
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-June 07
  • 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 04:46 AM

I have an idea for an expansive rpg that might work, and a way to do it in which player spread wouldn't be as severe.

Ok, so let's say we have a starting town. All players, at the beginning of the game, create characters and start in that town. Then, players can group up as they see fit, and either do quests in town or start a journey into the unknown. As each player group moves away from the town, new locations are discovered, and along with it new quests. but on top of that, new players can actually start in the new locations, meaning that if the starting town is completely abandoned, players can instead start out in close proximity to other characters, meaning they can join up with them if they wish to do so.

Having this kind of natural evolution to the rpg, moving starting locations from one place to another, would allow for more flexibility in the playerbase, and allow players to essentially go to the end of the world, and still encounter new player characters. Locations that currently have players would be recommended over the ones that are vacant, although groups of players could always start a new character group in any of the empty, previously discovered locations.

So in essence, although there would be player spread, said player spread would in fact be worked into the mechanics of the rpg, thus lessening its negative impact on the game.

Thoughts?

cxPTV3U.pngvUjrg5v.pngNk4bxlh.png84WTiX2.png78ZdtNv.png Ewh99C1.png

wFuGqQa.png4M1n2sO.png VtKIXYc.png

Corpus Rahkshi characters: DormirahkAerahk, Helkyrie, Door, Vinna

BZPRPG Profiles

My blog

#2449 Offline SnowyAegis

SnowyAegis
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 07-October 14
  • 397 posts

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 05:07 AM

@Onaku:
All I can say is: Interesting.

I'm sorry, that's not all I can say.
It's certainly an interesting idea. But at the same time, one would need to keep an ever-expanding list of known locations, and keep track of if anyone is still there or not, as well as a possible list of potential locations for people wandering into the sunset. Unless you just want them to vanish and die in the desert.
One way around that is for the GM to have a set world before the RPG starts, but only have the initial town known at the beginning, similar to how Bethesda games work. That would mean there is an end to the world, but at the same time, it would still keep a level of exploration and discovery, especially if locations have several hidden things, or particular landmarks are hidden themselves. These could lead to things like a curious wanderer looking around the beaten path and discovering something everyone else missed. If the GM wanted, they could expand the map every now and again to provide even more locations.

Overall, it's an interesting idea, but the mechanics might need a little polishing. All that above this is just an idea.

#2450 Offline Nik the Three

Nik the Three
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-May 12
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 05:57 AM

Most importantly, response to Realm of Teridax

@Realm of Teridax (my RPG)

Yeah, I was too obsessed with thought of Bionicle rogue-like. If you played game it's based on (Realm of the Mad God), you would see it's nearly the same. I will try to rewrite it to some kind of Bionicle not-bionicle-version-of-that-online-rpg.

Six major elements were meant to be "you can choose one from 6 major elements (fire, water, air, earth, stone, ice) or magnetism, gravity and iron", giving you pick from 9 elements. Basically just keep idea but try it in different way

Also, I might try to merge elements and classes, eg. fire is melee, ice is rogue, air is archer, water is healer etc. Must create some lore though or else it will be just another I-want-bio-roguelike-so-hard.

My thoughts on other RPG ideas

@Ghidora's Frontier RPG

Either make more types of ships or huge variety of modifications for one single type.

@le-toa_rock's RPG

I think there is not real idea behind it. City in desert with legends about dead civilizations. And now it's only single city in desert with few survivors who are trying to kill each other?

@Aqua Bellatores RPG

Seems like strong idea! It is kind of similar to Ghidora's RPG, but water is your space. I love it because, you know, submarines.

@Onaku's RPG

It's really rough idea, but I think it may actually work. But I would wait with it, as there are too many RPGs discussed here right now.

Corpus Rahkshi characters: Tesla

\/ Join Battle for Spherus Magna \/
C12GKBJ.png

#2451 Offline OLISI

OLISI
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 21-June 14
  • 2,081 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 06:17 AM

"you can choose one from 6 major elements (fire, water, air, earth, stone, ice) or magnetism, gravity and iron", giving you pick from 9 elements.

Why can't you choose from any of the elements? Is there a specific reason? Are custom elements allowed?

BZPRPG Profiles:                                       |  Silo   Rekhyt   Mortem   Mura   Karaihe   Venemi   Naihi   Maripi   Eztanda and Day   

Corpus Rahkshi Profiles:                          |  Snake   Raith   Torch  

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles:                   |  Olis and Purple   Zeleran and The Jatikko     

Year 60 000 Profiles:                                |  Dienyddiwr/Dinistrydd and Rivet

The Jatikko Reference Post | The Taajar clan of Okrihnok The Outsiders Organisation |

#2452 Offline Ghidora131

Ghidora131
  • Members
  • The Danish fish

• 21-June 13
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 09:46 AM

Mr. Crunchy? Is he going to be used for any plots, or is it just a GM device?

He's a GM device that can become a plot weapon.

That's why he exists the way he does, so that if his existence is interfering or unnecessary we can just wipe him out.

Either make more types of ships or huge variety of modifications for one single type.

I think I'm going to go with the latter option.

cakes.png
This and This. G'night..

#2453 Offline FallenAtlas

FallenAtlas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 19-May 15
  • 223 posts

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 01:49 PM

Most RPGs stick to the standard Matoran/Skakdi/Vortixx/Custom lineup, but I simply wanted mine to have a greater range of species to choose from at the start of the game, mostly so the players don't feel like they're creativity is being limited to just a handful of options. And as I said when Nato brought up the same exact point a page or two ago, I remember the original version of Daniel the Finlander's (now Daniel the Dwarf) Knightfall easily having double that number, and no one specifically addressed that as a problem back when he was still looking for input (though, he did eventually end up whittling that number down to six or seven when he decided to cut out about half of his initial concept).

In all honesty, I expect that, should this RPG ever get up and running, the majority of the characters will probably consist of some variation of the initial four I listed above, mostly because players are more familiar using them than the others. For those who wish to step outside their comfort zones, however, the option to do so should still remain available to them, and I personally don't see the harm in including a more expansive list from the get-go.

Now that you've put it like that, I can get behind that decision completely. Even gives me a few ideas...

Supina|Yenroot

#2454 Offline Iaredios Paerkenon

Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 10-April 07
  • 2,024 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 03:24 PM

@Iaredios Paerkenon's RPG

I could see a RPG coming from the story, but I think you should run with it and write an Epic from it. Seriously, you have some talent.

Well thanks dude. It's actually based off of lore I have been creating for my A Rude Awakening project, except that I fleshed it out here instead the small paragraph I previously had in that topic. :P

Yeah, it could be restructured to be less plot strict, it doesn't even have to have Certavus in there (I only added him in there to add to plot) as I previously considered having Tajun's fall as a great power be separated from Certavus by a few centuries. But my main intention here was bringing to attention that a Spherus Magna/Bara Magna RPG could be done. I wouldn't mind playing as any of those races, but none of the currently active RPGs have them available for selection. If people want me to continue to work on this, then I could do that, just don't expect an active RPG from me anytime soon.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon, Aug 26 2015 - 04:41 PM.

iaredios_-_matoran.png

konstaninecolossus.jpg

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project

Name Info      History     The English Language     The Turkey Neck      Arthur Curry     Ra's al-Ghul    The Crew Rap

#2455 Offline FallenAtlas

FallenAtlas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 19-May 15
  • 223 posts

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 03:31 PM

I have plan for a Bara Magna RPG that is set during the events before the Shattering. I find the history fascinating, but I'm not well versed on it just yet to lay anything down for it. 

Supina|Yenroot

#2456 Offline Timageness

Timageness
  • Members

• 19-August 14
  • 2,719 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2015 - 06:27 PM

Now that you've put it like that, I can get behind that decision completely. Even gives me a few ideas...

Forgot to mention this in the original response, but it would also encourage players to be more creative while developing a potential Custom Species, as they most likely wouldn't want them to be too similar to one that has already been previously approved for gameplay purposes.

Active RPGs/Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

Bionifight Infinite Characters: Tarsus The Inquisitor, Amorigiahna, Ravyn (Revenant), and Salera ("Five-Knuckled Sal")

RPG Scorecard:

The Asylum

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking awhile to do so.

#2457 Offline Nik the Three

Nik the Three
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-May 12
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2015 - 03:21 PM

So, here is a different take on roguelike bionicle-themed rpg. I added some mechanics that might remind you of Skyrim and tried to make Toa more Toa. Classes don't fit very well with Bioncle. I am not happy with introduction lore, it sounds like if Toa were bad guys mindlessly killing Makuta.

Realm of Teridax v.2

All places, where Makuta species were living are now cleared and populated with Matoran. A lot of Toa were left there to guard them. Teridax and his closest allies had to move to the last island not cotrolled by Toa. He lost many of his minions. but lucky for him, island was dangerous itself before he came, with Bohrok and Rahi wandering it freely. Adding his remaining minions, he is safe from Toa in his realm. At least he was until Toa found his island thousands of years later.

World

The Realm of Teridax is a huge island surounded by ocean from all sides. On its shores, new Toa are appearing, ready to finally defeat Teridax. Island itself has many different areas, including forest, plains, desert and finally mountains in the middle of the island. Closer to the mountains, tougher the enemies and land.

East coastline
One of two places where Toa may appear. Extending up to north and south, it is largest sandy beach on whole island and hosts mostly weak Rahi. Should be ideal for new Toa to adapt to island's hostile nature and get basic loot.
East plains
Hosting mostly Vahki and Rahkshi at night, this place is tougher than beach, but still quite manageable for weaker Toa.
East forest
Tougher than plains, this place hosts Rahkshi but also swarms of Bohrok. Covered in darkness by treetops, you can meet groups of Rahkshi even when it's day.

West coastline
Second place where Toa may spawn, terrain is more hostile here than on its east counterpart. Rather than sandy beach, this place is full of cliffs and rocks. Again, it's home mostly to some weaker Rahi.
West plains
Mostly same as east plains. (to be extended)
West forest
Mostly same as east forest. (to be extended)
Great desert
Covering most of west side of the island, great desert is a place hosting many hostile species. (to be named)

North plains
This place have slightly tougher enemies than both east and west plains. It is still safest way to get from west side to east side and back.
Wastelands
Colder and tougher, this place surrounds mountains. Hosting harder enemies, this place is to be feared by novices. It is a land similar to desert, but with some sparse vegetation.
Mountains
This place is full of Dark Hunters, guarded by most elite Rahkshi and home to some Makuta, such as Icarax and Antroz. (we don't care much about canon here). Deep in the mountains, there is a staircase to Teridax's underground base.

Characters

World was in peace for a long time as Makuta's presence on this island was just discovered. Best Toa were left to defend Matoran in case of sudden attack.
Most of the Toa on island didn't even got a chance to experience real battle. They didn't even had reason to really train. And so, they know basics of fight but still have to gain some skill.
As a Toa, you may prefer different things: swords, daggers, bows or just your elemental powers. Or you can learn to create tools for your allies. More skilled in one ability, the more you are able to use it. But it also slows down increasing skill in different abilities. This phenomenon is called 'leveling'.
Every use of ability gives increases your skill a bit (To be added how does the bit actually look like). Main categories are:
Light attack - Works with weapons such as daggers and short swords. Also let you dual wield mentioned weapons better.
Heavy attack - Warhammers, axes, two-handed swords. These are just some of heavy weapons.
Block - Using shields in combination with light weapons or using heavier to block and eventually perry attacks.
Ranged attack - Using bows, crossbows and another ranged weapons.
Elemental powers - Can be used with any types of weapons to enhance them or at its own as forms of energy.
Craftsmanship - Working with softer materials, such as leather or wood. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to improve their products.
Forging - Working with metals and gems. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to enhance their products. Requires specialized tools.
Traps laying - Most silent way to kill, hurt or cripple somebody. Start with simple rope and end with sophisticated trap.
Stealth - Great to combine with light weapons or traps laying. If you are good in stealth, you're almost invisible.

Elements
All Toa got elemental powers. They can be channeled using weapons, giving your weapon temporary fire effect for example. You can unleash elemental powers themselves, to create water, to lift objects using gravity etc. If Toa of fire with very strong elemental powers ability creates a bow, even Toa of different element will be able to shoot fire arrows. If you use elemental powers often, you will increase your skill eventually.

Gear
You get basic stuff. Enemies may have stronger tools and weapons, stronger the enemy, better may weapons be. You will also find materials, which can be crafted or forged into better tools. Using stronger materials however needs more skill. Not everybody can be craftsman.

Enemies

Weaker enemies are controlled by players who are fighting them (with some common sense). They can drop some less powerful gear, but that also depends on location (wasteland enemy will drop better sword than a rahi on beach).
At least once per week, a more powerful species of Makuta will appear - an Event. Due to monotony of game, they are probably going to attract players. These can be Bahrag, legion of Rahkshi... They are always announced telepathically by Teridax himself and can be less powerful in plains or pure terror in wastelands. Those are controlled by GMs and can kill you if you underestimate them. Rewards for those tougher guys are more powerful gear and crazy amount of experience.
Some enemies will guard entrances to dungeons. Those host amounts of bad guys and also bosses on end. If you are alone, don't dare to enter these. (To be added)

C12GKBJ.png

#2458 Offline FallenAtlas

FallenAtlas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 19-May 15
  • 223 posts

Posted Aug 28 2015 - 04:01 PM

So, here is a different take on roguelike bionicle-themed rpg. I added some mechanics that might remind you of Skyrim and tried to make Toa more Toa. Classes don't fit very well with Bioncle. I am not happy with introduction lore, it sounds like if Toa were bad guys mindlessly killing Makuta.

Realm of Teridax v.2

All places, where Makuta species were living are now cleared and populated with Matoran. A lot of Toa were left there to guard them. Teridax and his closest allies had to move to the last island not cotrolled by Toa. He lost many of his minions. but lucky for him, island was dangerous itself before he came, with Bohrok and Rahi wandering it freely. Adding his remaining minions, he is safe from Toa in his realm. At least he was until Toa found his island thousands of years later.

All places where the Makuta were living are now cleared and populated with Matoran. Numerous Toa were left to guard them. Teridax and his remaining allies were forced to move to the last island not controlled by the Toa. He lost many of his minions, but lucky for him the island was already populated with Bohrok and Rahi; they easily fell under his control. On this new island, he is safe from the Toa. At least he was until the Toa found where the last Makuta reigned.    Just a little cleaned up.

World

The Realm of Teridax is a huge island surounded by ocean from all sides. On its shores, new Toa are appearing, ready to finally defeat Teridax. Island itself has many different areas, including forest, plains, desert and finally mountains in the middle of the island. Closer to the mountains, tougher the enemies and land.

East coastline
One of two places where Toa may appear. Extending up to north and south, it is largest sandy beach on whole island and hosts mostly weak Rahi. Should be ideal for new Toa to adapt to island's hostile nature and get basic loot.
East plains
Hosting mostly Vahki and Rahkshi at night, this place is tougher than beach, but still quite manageable for weaker Toa.
East forest
Tougher than plains, this place hosts Rahkshi but also swarms of Bohrok. Covered in darkness by treetops, you can meet groups of Rahkshi even when it's day.

West coastline
Second place where Toa may spawn, terrain is more hostile here than on its east counterpart. Rather than sandy beach, this place is full of cliffs and rocks. Again, it's home mostly to some weaker Rahi.
West plains
Mostly same as east plains. (to be extended)
West forest
Mostly same as east forest. (to be extended)
Great desert
Covering most of west side of the island, great desert is a place hosting many hostile species. (to be named)

North plains
This place have slightly tougher enemies than both east and west plains. It is still safest way to get from west side to east side and back.
Wastelands
Colder and tougher, this place surrounds mountains. Hosting harder enemies, this place is to be feared by novices. It is a land similar to desert, but with some sparse vegetation.
Mountains
This place is full of Dark Hunters, guarded by most elite Rahkshi and home to some Makuta, such as Icarax and Antroz. (we don't care much about canon here). Deep in the mountains, there is a staircase to Teridax's underground base.

Might be good to have a map, given the vast amount of locations. It would really help to prevent the characters from being confused.

Characters

World was in peace for a long time as Makuta's presence on this island was just discovered. Best Toa were left to defend Matoran in case of sudden attack.
Most of the Toa on island didn't even got a chance to experience real battle. They didn't even had reason to really train. And so, they know basics of fight but still have to gain some skill.
As a Toa, you may prefer different things: swords, daggers, bows or just your elemental powers. Or you can learn to create tools for your allies. More skilled in one ability, the more you are able to use it. But it also slows down increasing skill in different abilities. This phenomenon is called 'leveling'.
Every use of ability gives increases your skill a bit (To be added how does the bit actually look like). Main categories are:
Light attack - Works with weapons such as daggers and short swords. Also let you dual wield mentioned weapons better.
Heavy attack - Warhammers, axes, two-handed swords. These are just some of heavy weapons.
Block - Using shields in combination with light weapons or using heavier to block and eventually perry attacks.
Ranged attack - Using bows, crossbows and another ranged weapons.
Elemental powers - Can be used with any types of weapons to enhance them or at its own as forms of energy.
Craftsmanship - Working with softer materials, such as leather or wood. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to improve their products.
Forging - Working with metals and gems. Better craftsmen can use their elemental energy to enhance their products. Requires specialized tools.
Traps laying - Most silent way to kill, hurt or cripple somebody. Start with simple rope and end with sophisticated trap.
Stealth - Great to combine with light weapons or traps laying. If you are good in stealth, you're almost invisible.

How do we decide how good we are though? Some players can RP a fight better, some a stealth better, than what their level would actually reflect? Would this take a LOT of GM interference to control?

Elements
All Toa got elemental powers. They can be channeled using weapons, giving your weapon temporary fire effect for example. You can unleash elemental powers themselves, to create water, to lift objects using gravity etc. If Toa of fire with very strong elemental powers ability creates a bow, even Toa of different element will be able to shoot fire arrows. If you use elemental powers often, you will increase your skill eventually.

Toa of Fire can create a bow, but all Toa can use it? Or did I read that wrong?

Gear
You get basic stuff. Enemies may have stronger tools and weapons, stronger the enemy, better may weapons be. You will also find materials, which can be crafted or forged into better tools. Using stronger materials however needs more skill. Not everybody can be craftsman.

What kind of basic stuff? Disc launcher? Protosteel swords?

Enemies

Weaker enemies are controlled by players who are fighting them (with some common sense). They can drop some less powerful gear, but that also depends on location (wasteland enemy will drop better sword than a rahi on beach).

Is there a list of things each enemy can drop? Some players might abuse the system to get "better gear" early on.

At least once per week, a more powerful species of Makuta will appear - an Event. Due to monotony of game, they are probably going to attract players. These can be Bahrag, legion of Rahkshi... They are always announced telepathically by Teridax himself and can be less powerful in plains or pure terror in wastelands. Those are controlled by GMs and can kill you if you underestimate them. Rewards for those tougher guys are more powerful gear and crazy amount of experience.

More powerful species of Makuta? I'm not well versed, but Makuta is already a species. You could say that Teridax(The last Makuta) unleashes a powerful enemy on the island.

Some enemies will guard entrances to dungeons. Those host amounts of bad guys and also bosses on end. If you are alone, don't dare to enter these. (To be added)

Supina|Yenroot

#2459 Offline SnowyAegis

SnowyAegis
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 07-October 14
  • 397 posts

Posted Aug 28 2015 - 07:09 PM

I have another idea which would have considerably more ship-to-ship combat, but not in the usual sense. As in, not in water or space. And weapons aren't just like machine guns or lasers mounted on your ships. They wouldn't work. I'd stick to Aqua Bellatores, but if people want to hear my considerably different idea, I can post it. All I'll say here is mining machines are commonplace.

#2460 Offline Of Australian Origin...

Of Australian Origin...
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Drifter

• 23-December 13
  • 13,039 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 03:51 PM

I've been toying around with an idea involving airships, but given the sheer number of different concepts being tossed around right now, I think I'll leave it on the backburner until this topic calms down a bit.

Gives me more time to work on it, anyway. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Breaking Point: Sofia Scarlett.

BZPRPG: NatoGreavesy's Profiles! 

Corpus Rahkshi: Exxan, XaraIllusive, Era, Sliver, Glaciem IgnisVyper, Bonegleam, and Geuua. 
Bionifight Infinite: XaraDayethAlisa DareMiril, FalconAnguishHive, Xara, and Psycho Green. 

Matoran Und Panzer: Cor Saeva/Ash HoundOblitus/Solitarius Lupus, and Lufon Vance/Vengeful Inferno.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For a moment, he thought about his life. Back home, he was a celebrity, an animal rights hero, and a hunter of tarakavas. But here, he was just the disgruntled aussie bloke with the funny accent and a drinking problem... 

His last hope was that he could be remembered as a hero here, too.

RIP Terry Terrix, you Died a Hero.

#2461 Offline Ghidora131

Ghidora131
  • Members
  • The Danish fish

• 21-June 13
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 06:38 PM

I've been toying around with an idea involving airships,

You mean Steampunk airships?

cakes.png
This and This. G'night..

#2462 Offline Nik the Three

Nik the Three
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-May 12
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 06:40 PM

@FA

Thank you for cleanup! I can write beautiful essays, but not in english. About map, I am planning to add it.
I have to add some details to skills and leveling as they seem to be most important mechanic. It doesn't matter that much how good at RPing of fights you are. If your skill in light attack is high, you will defeat weaker enemies without difficulties. If you never tried stealth, you will step on every branch you can see.
Tools - if Toa of fire decides to make a fire bow and give it to other Toa, it will still be fire bow even if it was used by Toa of water.
Gear - to be written
Drops - there will be list of enemies per certain area and their possible drops listed. For events, actual drops will be listed after defeating it.

I think it would make better video game than TBRPG. Maybe it could be a shorter RPG, lasting for example 4 months before Teridax is defeated.

C12GKBJ.png

#2463 Offline Timageness

Timageness
  • Members

• 19-August 14
  • 2,719 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 07:22 PM

I have another idea which would have considerably more ship-to-ship combat, but not in the usual sense. As in, not in water or space. And weapons aren't just like machine guns or lasers mounted on your ships. They wouldn't work. I'd stick to Aqua Bellatores, but if people want to hear my considerably different idea, I can post it. All I'll say here is mining machines are commonplace.

I've been toying around with an idea involving airships, but given the sheer number of different concepts being tossed around right now, I think I'll leave it on the backburner until this topic calms down a bit.

Gives me more time to work on it, anyway.

I've been toying around with an idea involving airships,

That is so close to what I've been working on, believe it or not. I just went in a slightly... different direction with it.

If you go back and read what little plot info I did put into the post about the mechanics, you just might figure out what I'm talking about.

Edited by Timageness, Aug 29 2015 - 09:06 PM.

Active RPGs/Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG Scorecard:

The Asylum

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer

#2464 Offline Of Australian Origin...

Of Australian Origin...
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Drifter

• 23-December 13
  • 13,039 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 08:48 PM

No, I mean airships. Possibly with characters having access to nerfed versions of various Karda Nui style vehicles

As I mentioned earlier, it's still in the planning stages. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Corpus Rahkshi: Exxan, XaraIllusive, Era, Sliver, Glaciem IgnisVyper, Bonegleam, and Geuua. 
Bionifight Infinite: XaraDayethAlisa DareMiril, FalconAnguishHive, Xara, and Psycho Green. 

Matoran Und Panzer: Cor Saeva/Ash HoundOblitus/Solitarius Lupus, and Lufon Vance/Vengeful Inferno.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For a moment, he thought about his life. Back home, he was a celebrity, an animal rights hero, and a hunter of tarakavas. But here, he was just the disgruntled aussie bloke with the funny accent and a drinking problem... 

#2465 Online Lugh

Lugh
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Poison Healed

• 09-September 03
  • 6,859 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 08:52 PM

I've been waiting for the inevitable Nato RPG...

#2466 Offline Of Australian Origin...

Of Australian Origin...
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Drifter

• 23-December 13
  • 13,039 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 08:58 PM

Don't be expecting it anytime particularly soon.

#2467 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 14-October 11
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 09:59 PM

1.6 kilometer airship coming up. 

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

#2468 Offline Of Australian Origin...

Of Australian Origin...
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Drifter

• 23-December 13
  • 13,039 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 10:08 PM

Believe it or not, that's actually what gave me the idea. Partially, at least. 

#2469 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 14-October 11
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2015 - 10:46 PM

Hubert, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal something of yours. 

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

#2470 Offline SnowyAegis

SnowyAegis
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 07-October 14
  • 397 posts

Posted Aug 30 2015 - 01:41 AM

My other idea to AB is kinda the reverse. I'll put a summary here, but unless people like it and want me to post more on it, don't consider it a proper RPG suggestion.
Tis called Reverse Space. To put it simply, everything is solid earth and rock. Everything. Not the planet. Everything and beyond. The entire universe, for all you know. People live in gargantuan, spherical chambers, known aptly as Chambers, with cities on the walls. Light is provided from separate, even larger Chambers surrounded by a seemingly impenetrable black rock containing what is, in effect, a star. Massive glassy tunnels lead from these 'Sun Chambers' to others, providing light. But you may ask. How do people get around? Simple: Frickin mining machines. Big drills on the front. Think that Lego Power Miners set with the big drill one. Just with guns. Why guns, tho? Simply, two things: Firstly, bandits. Banditos. Rogues, thieves, so on. People need to defend their Diggers. Secondly, there is an ongoing war between two factions, over territory, resources and dominance. While it is possible to live out a life without getting involved in the war or having the war interrupt you, a wandering Digger may come across a warship. It may or may not be friendly.

#2471 Offline Battery

Battery
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,754 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2015 - 02:02 AM

Hubert, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal something of yours. 

Don't worry, I still have my Mach 20 airship.

PERSONA: SEA OF DJINN [RPG/Discussion]

RPG PROFILES [BZPRPG/Marvel]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users