The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

Is there a plot, or is it sandbox as well?

The layout is rather...messy. Why put the profile at the top? Wouldn't it make more sense to go:

Introduction

Factions

NPC Characters

Weapons/Armor/Ships

Rules

You gotta have it flow down from the introduction and plot to character creation and then introduce rules and any OOC items.

The layout is rather...messy. Why put the profile at the top? Wouldn't it make more sense to go:

Introduction

Factions

NPC Characters

Weapons/Armor/Ships

Rules

You gotta have it flow down from the introduction and plot to character creation and then introduce rules and any OOC items.

Plot is: win the space war whilst benefiting personally, visit new planets before others, and fight fight fight because fighting is much wanted in RPGs.

Yeah, there's nothing specific on the order the sections come in. When i update it to include GMs, i'll move the character template/species to the bottom. Also, you think i should allow Agori/Glatorian?

And, as we said above, it's a sandbox. There's no one overlying story arc, players are free to do what they like and cause their own events, see how the AB world evolves through player stuff. Smaller arcs may be implemented to move things along a little, but otherwise it's more player-oriented.

I'd advise against that, frankly. You've provided a larger world to toy around in and have set up no real conflict or factions that might provide a driving force. The characters are most likely going to just sort of drift about aimlessly

Oh and for Ghidora's space-y one; Where do melee weapons fit into that Weapons section? Does that just count for any projectile tool we're carrying, and stuff like swords are just fair game?

Edited by Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Introduction

Factions

NPC Characters

Weapons/Armor/Ships

Rules

Plot is: win the space war whilst benefiting personally, visit new planets before others, and fight fight fight because fighting is much wanted in RPGs.

Yeah, there's nothing specific on the order the sections come in. When i update it to include GMs, i'll move the character template/species to the bottom. Also, you think i should allow Agori/Glatorian?

The plot might be just too sandbox to keep players from, I quote from above, "drift aimlessly."

Why not? I see no harm from allowing them.

Rhotuka launcher: You should know how Rhotuka work. Just specify what type of Rhotuka, and no OP ones like mutation.

Maximum ammunition: 8

Why is there an ammo limit on rhotuka?

Rhotuka launchers don't use ammunition, they generate the spinners out of energy. Unless "maximum ammo" in this case actually means "maximum number of shots you can fire before the launcher runs out of charge", or something? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Introduction

Factions

NPC Characters

Weapons/Armor/Ships

Rules

The plot might be just too sandbox to keep players from, I quote from above, "drift aimlessly."

Why not? I see no harm from allowing them.

Cue Mr. Crunchy.

And, as we said above, it's a sandbox. There's no one overlying story arc, players are free to do what they like and cause their own events, see how the AB world evolves through player stuff. Smaller arcs may be implemented to move things along a little, but otherwise it's more player-oriented.

I'd advise against that, frankly. You've provided a larger world to toy around in and have set up no real conflict or factions that might provide a driving force. The characters are most likely going to just sort of drift about aimlessly

Oh and for Ghidora's space-y one; Where do melee weapons fit into that Weapons section? Does that just count for any projectile tool we're carrying, and stuff like swords are just fair game?

Stuff like swords are fair game, but be practical. You're probably also carrying several guns strapped to you body, and i don't care if you're 7 feet tall, you run out of room eventually. Also i've given up on having grenades because of the risk of walking around with several explosives strapped to your body.

Rhotuka launcher: You should know how Rhotuka work. Just specify what type of Rhotuka, and no OP ones like mutation.

Maximum ammunition: 8

Why is there an ammo limit on rhotuka?

Rhotuka launchers don't use ammunition, they generate the spinners out of energy. Unless "maximum ammo" in this case actually means "maximum number of shots you can fire before the launcher runs out of charge", or something? 

Basically. I was going to change it to "maximum number of shots before you run out of power", but i got a little worried if someone tries to join the RPG who hasn't been well educated in Rhotuka, considering they're hard to understand(i.e. creation, manipulation of object). So it's classified as ammo.

If people want conflict, I could always post my other one, which has an entire war in the background, so you might get engaged by an enemy NPC or players on different sides can get into battles.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Quality of the conflict over the Quantity of the conflict.

EDIT: New edit of my Ark #351 RPG.

Ark #351 0.4

New 'traveler,' eh? Using a term like that, I'm going to assume you were either born yesterday or that head of yours is full of rocks. Here, read the blasted brochure before you say anything more stupid:

Welcome to Ark #351!

We are glad to have you aboard, brave adventurer! You might have questions, or maybe you desire clarity about your goal before you partake in the greatest trip in the universe; either way, we'll do our best, and what we can't answer, your friendly Captain can!

What is the Ark Program?:

The Ark Program is our way of insuring the continuation of our collected people groups. As we are sure you've noticed, our universe has become a bit cramped and toxic! Stinky!

To help with this, the Arks, large space-craft, are crafted and launched with you, brave adventurer, and your new friends to distant star systems! We hope that one of the many Arks will find a suitable planet to began life again, and carry on that fire we all carry in our hearts.

Why have I been selected?:

Don't feel sad you're leaving home; your name will go down in history as an adventurer that saved our entire universe!

To ensure continuation of all our people, an equal number of each people groups were chosen to be apart of this Ark. You are among the chosen few! Be happy!

The selection process was random to ensure fairness; you had as much chance as your spouse, co-worker, or neighbor! Nobody was selected directly, but by numbering and population systems.

Why is the Ark Program needed?:

Well, adventurer, we're glad you asked! Eons ago, there was a planet known as Spherus Mangus, where all of our people were destined to live together in peace and harmony. Unfortunately, this was not to be so; during a great battle to secure the planet for future generations, un-reversible damage was done to the planet's core!

Spherus Mangus shattered, and the great being, Mata Nui, rescued millions of citizens and used his life to power our current universe for eons to come! Unfortunately, we need a lot more than just power! Food, room to move, and even basic materials are in short supply here. Thus, the Ark Program!

Who is my Captain?:

Your Captain is the friendly leader of your Ark; he'll be guiding you to the nearest star system for resettlement. All Captains are highly trained, polite individuals with great leadership skills and conflict resolution training!

Thanks for being a part of Ark #351!

We Back Home Salute You!

Finished? Good. Here's the paperwork you need to fill out to come aboard.

Profile:

Name:(If I have to explain this, I'll kick you off the ship myself.)

Species:(Toa, Matoran, Agori, Glatorian, Vortixx, Skakdi, or Skrall?)

Former Occupation:(Did you scoop Rahi droppings? Put it here.)

Occupation:(Leave it blank. You'll be given a new one on the ship; there's no freeloaders on my ship.)

Powers:(We all know somebody can throw fire on this ship, we just want to know who.)

Personality:(I don't care personally, but we need to if you're a manic or just really weird.)

Biography: (I still don't care, but I want to know if you have a history of killing everybody in a bar. Two sentences will be fine, I'm not going to read your novel of poor little you.)

Appearance:(I know what you look like, your fellow passengers will know what you look like, but you need to submit a picture or a description here. Don't ask why.)

Gear:(What are you bringing with you? No weapons, and we will check.)

Locations:

Ark #351:

Ugly thing, isn't she? I'm still working on a name for her. Made of the finest metal in the Universe, I'm told, which probably means it was dug up at the bottom of some sewer. She's propelled along via some form of magnetic energy, I didn't read up on it, but it doesn't require any kind of fuel; no explosions in space, thank the stars for that. Only a few people will actually spend time outside the ship, so you only need to worry about the inside; all that lovely, expressionless, bley inside.

Bridge:

This is where I command the entire Ark. Off-limits to most of the crew and passengers except the Bridge Staff. All alarms, announcements, and other useless nonsense I have to push out will come from here. My sleeping quarters are up here as well, so you might not see me often. Like I said, off-limits, don't even try, got it? The Vahki will not hesitate to shove your ugly mug into an airlock.

Common Quarters:

Part sleeping areas, part entertainment/relaxation areas, it is easily the largest part of the Ark. Every passenger will be issued a personal room upon boarding and a keycard to access it. Beyond that, the rest of the Common Quarters are completely open for everybody, and it includes a restaurant, gym, library, medical bay and star room. All ship-wide meetings are done in the library, and most of you will be given an occupation around here.

Personal Rooms:

The personal rooms are bley and boring. Bed to the right, small bathroom on the left. Fold out desk on the back wall and one light above. Enjoy your home for the next few weeks.

Restaurant/Medical Bay:

I imagine it has some silly name, but I just call it the “Restaurant.” Bley, like the rest of the ship, it composed of one long bar in the middle with booths circling the room. One exit leads out to the Common Quarters, the other leads into the Medical Bay.

The Medical Bay is well stocked for a trip like this. Enough knockout drugs to keep the entire ship in a coma for twenty years if I wanted. Ten or so beds, with on operating room. I don't imagine we'll be using this area of the ship...much.

Gym:

Artificial gravity is only going to keep you in shape for so long. The Gym keeps you busy and happy. I have my own personal gym, but you guys have to share this one. I made sure it was stocked with all sorts of equipment. Just don't break it.

Library:

Mainly manuals and books on settling distant planets, there are some books for entertainment. The bookshelves do retract when we need to hold a ship-wide meeting. Feel free to hang out and read the entire trip away. Just leave me alone.

Star Room:

Quite frankly the most useless part of the ship. It's some little hologram and a bunch of maps showing where we are from the Universe, and the estimated distance from our target star system. Word is you can look at all sorts of pretty pictures of various star systems and the like as well, but that doesn't sound fun to me.

Life Support:

Near the bottom of the ship is the Life Support room. Oxygen recycling, water recycling, and even a small farm to produce extra food. Heavily guarded, and if I have to tell you why that's a fact, I'll shoot you out the airlock. Only certified crew members can come down here.

Cargo:

Not much to say about the Cargo. Big room at the tail end of the ship, filled with everything we need to make it to our star system. Nothing much worthwhile back here, but I don't advise staying back here. One box slips off the stack and we're a passenger down. This is also the location for the primary airlock out of the ship, and the bay door for unloading once we reach our location. If we reach it.

Current Events/Announcements/Job Postings:
 I'll keep a board up in the restaurant of all the going-ons in the ship. Including the gossip. Nothing slips past me.

Rules:

Good, paperwork filled out? Excellent, just pin it to the discussion board over there, and once we get around to approving your entrance, maybe we'll let you on after you read the rules:

Rule 1. Abide by all rules of the Ark.(BZPower).

Rule 2. You are not God and you are not without flaws; you will be shot out an airlock for this. I'm the only God aboard, remember that(No Godmodding.).

Rule 3. You aren't allowed to destroy the ship however you like. I might let you destroy parts of it, but depends on how much I drink the night before. Oh yeah, try to refrain from killing your fellow passengers, alright?(Instant kills and destruction of the ship are forbidden.)

Rule 4. What's the point of being in a pressurized container, flying through the void of space, if we don't have a party every now and then?(Have fun!)

------------------------------------

Descriptions are still a bit wonky. Still deciding if I like them or not, and more information needs to be added.

GM character profiles do need to be added as well. Working on those as we speak.

A bit more plot description is planned. But I can give you the OOC version if needed.

Edited by FallenAtlas

A bit more plot description is planned. But I can give you the OOC version if needed.

OOC version please. Where are we headed? who's this mysterious captain? and why?

The Ark, better known as Ark #351, is currently enroute to a nearby star system in hopes of finding a suitable planet to settle on and began rebuilding a stable civilization. Spherus Magna was destroyed during the battle between Makuta and Mata Nui; Mata Nui managed to save a sizable amount of population from the surface of Bara Magna and used his life force, along with the Mask of Life, to power the Matoran Universe robot for the next few million years.

The MU, however, quickly grew over populated and food, building supplies, and even just room to move became rare. To help relieve the problem and seek somewhere to repopulate, the Ark Program was launched. The Ark in the RPG, you guessed it, is the 351st Ark to be launched from the MU in search of a new planet.

The Captain isn't mysterious at all. He's a bit rude, slightly drunk, and doesn't care about the mission, but he isn't mysterious.

And where is the evil villain that is trying to destroy the ship, the intriguing planet with the natives that aren't exactly friendly to the Ark, and the reason why Mata Nui and Makuta's battle destroyed Spherus Magna when in canon it...didn't?

Edited by fishers64

just throwing ideas around, will maybe update Frontier later.

Game about Metru Nui, players are either Matoran or Vahki.

All matoran are up to something that Teridax/Dume has deemed unlawful. All Vahki are well....Vahki.

The goal of the Matoran is to not get caught, obviously, and the goal of the Vahki is to catch all the Matoran, also obviously.

Advantages of Matoran: You know the city better even than the Vahki, with all it's good hiding place and short cuts. You have a disc launcher and at least three discs. you can blend in with the crowd.

Advantages of Vahki: You know the layout of the city, and can react faster than the Matoran. Physically stronger and faster, with Vahki staves and Kanoka.

Setting is Metru Nui. All six metrus are technically available, though limited in the actual scope so that player spread becomes a non issue.

Rules are general TBRPG rules. no auto hitting, god modding, etc. 

Expansion to come! Meanwhile, tear it apart.

And where is the evil villain that is trying to destroy the ship, the intriguing planet with the natives that aren't exactly friendly to the Ark, and the reason why Mata Nui and Makuta's battle destroyed Spherus Magna when in canon it...didn't?

I guess I should have expected a question about the difference between the canon and the RPG from you at least; your reputation as a big-wig with the storyline and lore precedes you.

To answer your questions, however:

1. I'm gonna respond with a question for this one: Does there need to be a villain on the ship? Does there need to be one at all? Filling a ship with characters from all sorts of backgrounds and walks of life that is headed to hopefully a planet to resettle on is stressful enough. Events will occur that will threaten the ship, but for one major, do-or-die villain? I can't say there will be one.

2. You must have read it wrong. They are going to a local star system where there MIGHT be a suitable planet to settle on. Getting to the planet isn't going to happen in a day, or a week, or a month. Besides, once they get to the planet, there might not be any natives at all. I'm not going to answer this one directly, as it would ruin and spoil several plot lines I have created.

3. You answered it yourself. In canon, it didn't. This isn't canon, obviously. If I was to write a story about Ark #351, I would certainly expand upon why Spherus Manga was destroyed in this universe, but for this RPG that information is not needed to play the game or have an enjoyable time. If the RPG was set on a Spherus Manga that was destroyed in battle, I would certainly explain the situation.

• Upvote 2

just throwing ideas around, will maybe update Frontier later.

Game about Metru Nui, players are either Matoran or Vahki.

All matoran are up to something that Teridax/Dume has deemed unlawful. All Vahki are well....Vahki.

The goal of the Matoran is to not get caught, obviously, and the goal of the Vahki is to catch all the Matoran, also obviously.

Advantages of Matoran: You know the city better even than the Vahki, with all it's good hiding place and short cuts. You have a disc launcher and at least three discs. you can blend in with the crowd.

Advantages of Vahki: You know the layout of the city, and can react faster than the Matoran. Physically stronger and faster, with Vahki staves and Kanoka.

Setting is Metru Nui. All six metrus are technically available, though limited in the actual scope so that player spread becomes a non issue.

Rules are general TBRPG rules. no auto hitting, god modding, etc. 

Expansion to come! Meanwhile, tear it apart.

This sounds more like a BZP Mafia game than an RPG.

I guess I should have expected a question about the difference between the canon and the RPG from you at least; your reputation as a big-wig with the storyline and lore precedes you.

It does? I thought whatever I had (which wasn't much) has largely faded by now. I think G2 is a very nice clean slate in terms of big-wiggery, and it is my honest hope that in the future down there I will be overshadowed, and the S&T culture of elitism will finally end.

[/off topic rant]

To answer your questions, however:

1. I'm gonna respond with a question for this one: Does there need to be a villain on the ship? Does there need to be one at all? Filling a ship with characters from all sorts of backgrounds and walks of life that is headed to hopefully a planet to resettle on is stressful enough. Events will occur that will threaten the ship, but for one major, do-or-die villain? I can't say there will be one.

2. You must have read it wrong. They are going to a local star system where there MIGHT be a suitable planet to settle on. Getting to the planet isn't going to happen in a day, or a week, or a month. Besides, once they get to the planet, there might not be any natives at all. I'm not going to answer this one directly, as it would ruin and spoil several plot lines I have created.

3. You answered it yourself. In canon, it didn't. This isn't canon, obviously. If I was to write a story about Ark #351, I would certainly expand upon why Spherus Manga was destroyed in this universe, but for this RPG that information is not needed to play the game or have an enjoyable time. If the RPG was set on a Spherus Manga that was destroyed in battle, I would certainly explain the situation.

What I was looking for was some sort of conflict, and I see that you have one planned out. Fair enough; I just didn't notice it from the first draft, so I wanted it clarified. 

----------------------------------------------

What happened to the train RPG?

What I was looking for was some sort of conflict, and I see that you have one planned out. Fair enough; I just didn't notice it from the first draft, so I wanted it clarified.

----------------------------------------------

What happened to the train RPG?

I'll probably have to insert a section in the "brochure" about the dangers and stresses. Add an edge of tension.

------------------------

Derailed.

• Upvote 2

This sounds more like a BZP Mafia game than an RPG.

That was my first thought as well.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Rahkshi Lalonde

Perhaps, many people like playing a Toa, to my knowledge.

Okay, I'm scrapping AB. I may rewrite it later, closer to the story it's based off, but that may be a little harder. Buut, here's another RPG idea I've had in my head for a while, which does have conflict from the start:

REVERSE SPACE

This is not the universe as you know it. People reside within massive spherical chambers known aptly as Chambers. Light is fed to the Chambers through large, glassy 'tunnels'(no actual tunnel, completely solid) leading to an even larger Chamber containing what we would know as a star. Between and defining the Chambers is endless rock and earth. Travel between Chambers can be difficult; although the Diggers used for transport can get one from A to B, there are hazards. The air in the dug tunnels quickly becomes foul and hazardous, so any breach can be a risk. Sometimes a tunnel will become unstable and collapse on the Digger, crushing it and its crew. Tunnel Bandits prowl the regions between Chambers, seeking to kill and loot passing Diggers. To make matters worse, two factions have risen: The Eredes Federation and the Maridus Sovereignty, and they are at war. People are not expected to fight on either side, although any willing pair of hands is an asset to their side, but a neutral ship that travels too close to a military Digger may be shot at.

--PROFILE--

-Name:(What's yer name buddy?)

-Species: Matoran, Toa, Vortixx or Skakdi?(May be expanded later)

-Faction: Federation, Sovereignty, Neutral(You can also state wether you're in the military here, if in the Federation or Sovereignty)

-Mask(if applicable):What's that on yer face?

-Tools:(This is where normal weapons go. Nothing too fancy.)

-Equipment: These are slots where players can come up with things their characters have on them. Now, don't go overboard with this(Uuuuh my Vaticks has a shield that is impervious to all Attacks and deflects all Attacks back at the attacker), but some fancy gadgets are allowed. I'll tell you if they are not. Players may also sacrifice one of these for a Digger. Different species have a different number of Equipment slots.

-Appearance:(What do you look like?)

-Bio:(Whats your history? This field is, however, unnecessary)

--DIGGERS--

Diggers are Reverse Space's equivalent of spacecraft. Generally small, cramped and noisy, only the large Diggers provide any real comfort. Still, these machines are sturdy and tough. An air re-atomizer, a breakthrough device invented mere weeks after the first Diggers were built, constantly keeps the air fresh and breathable(although it is not large or fast enough to properly stop the air contamination of a breach). A self-powered generator keeps the systems running. Diggers are all equipped with some form of weaponry. Diggers are as follows:

>Tier 1: Rarely large enough to hold more than 4 people, Tier 1 Diggers are some of the safest in the 'keeping away from Bandits' field, their small stature making them both hard to detect, hard to keep track of and generally not worth wasting ammunition on ransacking. Tier 1 Diggers are rarely equipped with more than one gun, and that gun is usually a Tunnel Mine for defense.

>Tier 2: The 'icon' Digger tier for most manufacturing companies, Tier 2 Diggers are able, tough and fairly reliable. The Tier 2 Diggers are used by many civilians and as standard combat craft, comparable to fighters, in naval battles in the war. Many Bandits also use Tier 2s. Tier 2s, having been originally designed for military use, have a grand total of 3 weapon mounts. Whatever they are is up to who bought it.

>Tier 3: Big, mean and imposing, Tier 3 Diggers are not often used by civilians, and those who do are usually respected military retirees, or people with a lot of money or have done a great achievement. In the military, Tier 3s are comparable to Destroyers. Tier 3 Diggers possess 5 weapon mounts, and are rarely used by Bandits, having few ways to acquire one.

>Tier 4: Big, bad and strong, Tier 4s are the kings of the Digger world. Only two Tier 5s have ever existed, and both are now dead, destroyed hulks sat somewhere in the earth. Tier 4s are like Battleships, and the only real way to get aboard one is to join the military. However, the disciplined crews of military Tier 4s are also the least likely to shoot you if you come too close. In fact, if enemy Diggers are nearby, they'll understand perfectly in choosing to hide behind the big bad Tier 4. Tier 4s have a whopping 8 weapon mounts.

Digger weapons are as follows:

>Javelin Guns: Short range weapons. Javelin guns pack a lot of power on impact, the raw force and sharp tip a lethal threat to any Digger in range, able to pierce the armor of most kinds of Digger. Some Javelin Guns have a timed explosive tip for extra damage, but this comes at the risk of it exploding in flight.

>Tunnel Mines: Sharp, explosive devices fired from a simple, wide cannon, Tunnel Mines track every Digger within a certain radius. If another Digger passes too close to either the Mine itself or the Digger that shot it, the Tunnel Mine will spin, using its sharp edges to slice and dig through the earth towards the offending Digger, exploding on impact. These are less likely to pierce the armor like a Javelin Gun is, but can still disable systems like treads or even the drill.

>Drill Missiles: The more armor-piercing based one of the Missile weapons, Drill Missiles are an anchoring base with a small generator with a drill mounted on the front. Using an onboard microcomputer, the Drill Missile can turn its drill to steer towards its target. Drill Missiles have a limited range, but can drill through most armor. If it still has fuel once it has drilled a hole in armor, it will keep drilling once inside, posing a severe threat to the interior.

>Bomb Missiles: The other of the Missile weapons. Bomb Missiles uses an articulating point connected to a generator and microcomputer, while the base has treads for movements. Once Bomb Missiles reach a target, the hit will detonate the explosives inside. At closer ranges, more talented Digger gunners like to fire Bomb Missiles at holes made with Drill Missiles, to detonate the bomb inside the enemy Digger.

Players are allowed to start with a Digger, but first, they must sacrifice one of their equipment slots, and unless starting with another player(organized through PMs or whatever) they must start with a Tier 1. If starting with another player, both must still lose the equipment slots, but instead gain a Tier 2. Weapons mounted are entirely your choice. Tier 3 Diggers are only granted to players who have accomplished great achievements, or done significant enough things in a faction military and then left. However, this isn't to say you can't modify your Digger.

--LOCATIONS--

>Ernada: 'Home' Chamber of the Federation, Ernada is known for its glistening lakes and plentiful wealth. However, being built completely pre-war, Ernada is visibly not constructed to survive conflict. Ernada is considered one of the nicest Chambers to be. PCs in the Federation faction are allowed to start here,

>Hadimus: The home of the Sovereignty. As if a mirror, Hadimus is the opposite of Ernada; luxuries and scenic views are very few on Hadimus, but the industrial and utilitarian construction of Hadimus' infrastructure looks as though it was built in a warzone, to outlast the warzone, and likely has. Hadimus is renowned for its red air giving everything its iconic red hue. PCs in the Sovereignty faction are allowed to start here.

>Ghara: A neutral city Chamber, Ghara is out of the way of the fighting's focus, but on occasion Diggers from a faction will arrive, usually on diplomatic terms, or to stop the other side's diplomatic efforts. Ghara is strong all on its own, and remaining true to its own, Ghara has declined all offers of alliance. Neutral PCs may start here.

>Jiaxis: A neutral Chamber, Jiaxis is, save for the Digger ports, almost entirely endless city; no end to the hallways, small halls, apartments and built-in shopping malls. Jiaxis is one massive apartment block, in some senses. However, another thing visitors will notice is that Jiaxis is largely uninhabited; being stuck between Hadimus and Ernada means Jiaxis is struck by shots from either side in battles, and most of its surviving population has fled to the inner sections to survive the daily to weekly stray missile strikes. However, word has it Jiaxis has great food.

>Anacles: As if the opposite, the only sign of civilisation on Anacles is a small settlement next to its one ocean. The rest is rolling hills, lakes and one spectacular mountain range. Anacles is not a very large Chamber compared to some, but is a beautiful resort. For reasons unknown, neither Bandits nor Diggers from either faction go near Anacles.

>Beria: Beria is avoided for a reason. Beria is, for one, inhabited by a species of mostly organic, powerful and very hostile aliens. Second, the ground is soft and has few rocks, Diggers are likely to get stuck before they reach Beria unless they go through one, narrow, still unlikely spot known as 'Beria's Approach'. Thirdly, the air on Beria is made toxic by the acid lakes on its surface spewing lethal fumes into the atmosphere, of which the aliens have adapted to. The dead husks of several Diggers can be detected near Beria. However, rumor has it the remains of the Digger of the famous bounty hunter Erinas Naer lies in Beria, the treasures held within there for the taking for anyone brave and lucky enough to reach them.

Other Chambers are thought to, and most likely exist, but the strains of the war and dangers of Bandits have prevented people from traveling far beyond the known Chambers.

--SPECIES--

>Matoran: Common species. No direct powers, but a resistance or strength relating to their element(IE Ta-Matoran can withstand heat better, Po-Matoran are just the toughest). Three Equipment slots.

>Toa: Matoran transformed by 'Toa Energy' into greater beings. Access to elemental powers and powered masks, but only one Equipment slot.

>Vortixx: Of a similar stature and physical strength to Toa, but sleeker and more snake-like in appearance. Vortixx have two Equipment slots.

>Skakdi: Possessing a vision power and an elemental power accessed when working with another Skakdi. Skakdi have one Equipment slot.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

@Rahkshi Lalonde

Perhaps, many people like playing a Toa, to my knowledge.

Yeah that's what i was afraid of, wanted people to appreaciate each mutation more than just jumping to classic "beding powers". :u

speaking of: are there too many games being discussed currently? or can i like, toss out a webfingers dev build? o:

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Welcome, friends, to the Frontier. Spherus Magna is getting back on it's feet, and you are one of many colonists of varying species aboard the mysterious mag-lev train discovered in the desert wastes. The remaining Toa from Mata Nui are preoccupied with defending the settlements from Bone Hunters and what's left of the Skrall. With these new protectors, things like wayter and heat have become a non issue. Food remains scarce, though.  Agori legends say that on the other side of the tracks is a land rich and fertile, perfect for growing and finding food. Along the way are perils and treasures of all kinds. What will you find?

The train, officially known as The Engine, is a self contained vehicle powered by unknown means, and produces enough food and water for any passengers while running on the track. The cars are surprisingly roomy, and are as follows:

The Engine Car: The head of the train, this car houses whatever force powers the train, and is manned by a Skakdi of Iron known as the Engineer. 

The Dining Car: Here is where most of the passengers take their meals. while the train runs the tracks, it provides three strains of a nutrient rich paste three times a day, as well as simple, clean water. The car is furnished with several rows of booths.

Bathroom Car: Self explanatory, contains means of waste disposal and showers.

Rest Car: This car contains rows of beds, two bunks per bed, and a footlocker and cabinet.

Aid Car: Contains a full medical facility, and is manned by an Agori from the fire tribe called Karta.

Rec Cars: The longest cars at the rear of the train, the rec cars include a gym, observation car, a library, storage, and most importantly, the Caboose.

The Caboose: This car at the very rear of the train is always sealed, what lies within is unknown, and attempts to open it have proved fruitless.

The Waste: Outside the train is an immense desert, filled with innumerable dangers. Without supplies, which the train does not provide, no being can last more than a few days. While not technically forbidden, leaving the train when in motion is widely considered a bad idea.

Rules:

1. God modding is a no-no. This should go without saying, but such as it is, things like auto hitting, auto dodging, pulling super weapons out the wazoo, are all off limits.

2. Follow all the normal BZP forum rules. once again, should go without saying, but here it is in case you forget.

3. That's about it. Play fair, and there should be no problems!

Player model:

Name: What are you gonna be called?

Species: What are you? You have your choice of Matoran, Agori, Vortixx, Glatorian, or Skakdi.

Gender: Are you a girl, or a boy? Or something in between? Or something else entirely?

Description: What do you actually look like?

Gear: What did you bring with you on your person? This covers weapons and armor. The most modern weaponry is revolver pistols, and for the sake of safety, thornax launchers, elemental Skakdi weapons, and Cordak blasters are not permitted. All other weapons will be approved on a case by case basis.

Personality: What are you like? Mean? Funny? Kind?

Bio: From which walk of life are you from? What was their life before they boarded the Engine?

Notes on species and tech: With the dangers of the wastes, come weapons, of course. However, the Engineer has imposed a strict limit on how much firepower one being can carry at a given time. This will largely be judged on a case by case basis, but a good bar is the rhotuka launcher. This is about as advanced as it gets. Gunpowder weapons exist, however, are limited to revolvers that require the hammer drawn back for each shot.

Regarding Skakdi, Elemental powers do work, but -ONLY- in tandem with another Skakdi, and both Skakdi must be consenting.

ROUND THREE:FIGHT

Okay, I'm scrapping AB. I may rewrite it later, closer to the story it's based off, but that may be a little harder. Buut, here's another RPG idea I've had in my head for a while, which does have conflict from the start:

REVERSE SPACE

This is not the universe as you know it. People reside within massive spherical chambers known aptly as Chambers. Light is fed to the Chambers through large, glassy 'tunnels'(no actual tunnel, completely solid) leading to an even larger Chamber containing what we would know as a star. Between and defining the Chambers is endless rock and earth. Travel between Chambers can be difficult; although the Diggers used for transport can get one from A to B, there are hazards. The air in the dug tunnels quickly becomes foul and hazardous, so any breach can be a risk. Sometimes a tunnel will become unstable and collapse on the Digger, crushing it and its crew. Tunnel Bandits prowl the regions between Chambers, seeking to kill and loot passing Diggers. To make matters worse, two factions have risen: The Eredes Federation and the Maridus Sovereignty, and they are at war. People are not expected to fight on either side, although any willing pair of hands is an asset to their side, but a neutral ship that travels too close to a military Digger may be shot at.

--PROFILE--

-Name:(What's yer name buddy?)

-Species: Matoran, Toa, Vortixx or Skakdi?(May be expanded later)

-Faction: Federation, Sovereignty, Neutral(You can also state wether you're in the military here, if in the Federation or Sovereignty)

-Mask(if applicable):What's that on yer face?

-Tools:(This is where normal weapons go. Nothing too fancy.)

-Equipment: These are slots where players can come up with things their characters have on them. Now, don't go overboard with this(Uuuuh my Vaticks has a shield that is impervious to all Attacks and deflects all Attacks back at the attacker), but some fancy gadgets are allowed. I'll tell you if they are not. Players may also sacrifice one of these for a Digger. Different species have a different number of Equipment slots.

-Appearance:(What do you look like?)

-Bio:(Whats your history? This field is, however, unnecessary)

--DIGGERS--

Diggers are Reverse Space's equivalent of spacecraft. Generally small, cramped and noisy, only the large Diggers provide any real comfort. Still, these machines are sturdy and tough. An air re-atomizer, a breakthrough device invented mere weeks after the first Diggers were built, constantly keeps the air fresh and breathable(although it is not large or fast enough to properly stop the air contamination of a breach). A self-powered generator keeps the systems running. Diggers are all equipped with some form of weaponry. Diggers are as follows:

>Tier 1: Rarely large enough to hold more than 4 people, Tier 1 Diggers are some of the safest in the 'keeping away from Bandits' field, their small stature making them both hard to detect, hard to keep track of and generally not worth wasting ammunition on ransacking. Tier 1 Diggers are rarely equipped with more than one gun, and that gun is usually a Tunnel Mine for defense.

>Tier 2: The 'icon' Digger tier for most manufacturing companies, Tier 2 Diggers are able, tough and fairly reliable. The Tier 2 Diggers are used by many civilians and as standard combat craft, comparable to fighters, in naval battles in the war. Many Bandits also use Tier 2s. Tier 2s, having been originally designed for military use, have a grand total of 3 weapon mounts. Whatever they are is up to who bought it.

>Tier 3: Big, mean and imposing, Tier 3 Diggers are not often used by civilians, and those who do are usually respected military retirees, or people with a lot of money or have done a great achievement. In the military, Tier 3s are comparable to Destroyers. Tier 3 Diggers possess 5 weapon mounts, and are rarely used by Bandits, having few ways to acquire one.

>Tier 4: Big, bad and strong, Tier 4s are the kings of the Digger world. Only two Tier 5s have ever existed, and both are now dead, destroyed hulks sat somewhere in the earth. Tier 4s are like Battleships, and the only real way to get aboard one is to join the military. However, the disciplined crews of military Tier 4s are also the least likely to shoot you if you come too close. In fact, if enemy Diggers are nearby, they'll understand perfectly in choosing to hide behind the big bad Tier 4. Tier 4s have a whopping 8 weapon mounts.

Digger weapons are as follows:

>Javelin Guns: Short range weapons. Javelin guns pack a lot of power on impact, the raw force and sharp tip a lethal threat to any Digger in range, able to pierce the armor of most kinds of Digger. Some Javelin Guns have a timed explosive tip for extra damage, but this comes at the risk of it exploding in flight.

>Tunnel Mines: Sharp, explosive devices fired from a simple, wide cannon, Tunnel Mines track every Digger within a certain radius. If another Digger passes too close to either the Mine itself or the Digger that shot it, the Tunnel Mine will spin, using its sharp edges to slice and dig through the earth towards the offending Digger, exploding on impact. These are less likely to pierce the armor like a Javelin Gun is, but can still disable systems like treads or even the drill.

>Drill Missiles: The more armor-piercing based one of the Missile weapons, Drill Missiles are an anchoring base with a small generator with a drill mounted on the front. Using an onboard microcomputer, the Drill Missile can turn its drill to steer towards its target. Drill Missiles have a limited range, but can drill through most armor. If it still has fuel once it has drilled a hole in armor, it will keep drilling once inside, posing a severe threat to the interior.

>Bomb Missiles: The other of the Missile weapons. Bomb Missiles uses an articulating point connected to a generator and microcomputer, while the base has treads for movements. Once Bomb Missiles reach a target, the hit will detonate the explosives inside. At closer ranges, more talented Digger gunners like to fire Bomb Missiles at holes made with Drill Missiles, to detonate the bomb inside the enemy Digger.

Players are allowed to start with a Digger, but first, they must sacrifice one of their equipment slots, and unless starting with another player(organized through PMs or whatever) they must start with a Tier 1. If starting with another player, both must still lose the equipment slots, but instead gain a Tier 2. Weapons mounted are entirely your choice. Tier 3 Diggers are only granted to players who have accomplished great achievements, or done significant enough things in a faction military and then left. However, this isn't to say you can't modify your Digger.

--LOCATIONS--

>Ernada: 'Home' Chamber of the Federation, Ernada is known for its glistening lakes and plentiful wealth. However, being built completely pre-war, Ernada is visibly not constructed to survive conflict. Ernada is considered one of the nicest Chambers to be. PCs in the Federation faction are allowed to start here,

>Hadimus: The home of the Sovereignty. As if a mirror, Hadimus is the opposite of Ernada; luxuries and scenic views are very few on Hadimus, but the industrial and utilitarian construction of Hadimus' infrastructure looks as though it was built in a warzone, to outlast the warzone, and likely has. Hadimus is renowned for its red air giving everything its iconic red hue. PCs in the Sovereignty faction are allowed to start here.

>Ghara: A neutral city Chamber, Ghara is out of the way of the fighting's focus, but on occasion Diggers from a faction will arrive, usually on diplomatic terms, or to stop the other side's diplomatic efforts. Ghara is strong all on its own, and remaining true to its own, Ghara has declined all offers of alliance. Neutral PCs may start here.

>Jiaxis: A neutral Chamber, Jiaxis is, save for the Digger ports, almost entirely endless city; no end to the hallways, small halls, apartments and built-in shopping malls. Jiaxis is one massive apartment block, in some senses. However, another thing visitors will notice is that Jiaxis is largely uninhabited; being stuck between Hadimus and Ernada means Jiaxis is struck by shots from either side in battles, and most of its surviving population has fled to the inner sections to survive the daily to weekly stray missile strikes. However, word has it Jiaxis has great food.

>Anacles: As if the opposite, the only sign of civilisation on Anacles is a small settlement next to its one ocean. The rest is rolling hills, lakes and one spectacular mountain range. Anacles is not a very large Chamber compared to some, but is a beautiful resort. For reasons unknown, neither Bandits nor Diggers from either faction go near Anacles.

>Beria: Beria is avoided for a reason. Beria is, for one, inhabited by a species of mostly organic, powerful and very hostile aliens. Second, the ground is soft and has few rocks, Diggers are likely to get stuck before they reach Beria unless they go through one, narrow, still unlikely spot known as 'Beria's Approach'. Thirdly, the air on Beria is made toxic by the acid lakes on its surface spewing lethal fumes into the atmosphere, of which the aliens have adapted to. The dead husks of several Diggers can be detected near Beria. However, rumor has it the remains of the Digger of the famous bounty hunter Erinas Naer lies in Beria, the treasures held within there for the taking for anyone brave and lucky enough to reach them.

Other Chambers are thought to, and most likely exist, but the strains of the war and dangers of Bandits have prevented people from traveling far beyond the known Chambers.

--SPECIES--

>Matoran: Common species. No direct powers, but a resistance or strength relating to their element(IE Ta-Matoran can withstand heat better, Po-Matoran are just the toughest). Three Equipment slots.

>Toa: Matoran transformed by 'Toa Energy' into greater beings. Access to elemental powers and powered masks, but only one Equipment slot.

>Vortixx: Of a similar stature and physical strength to Toa, but sleeker and more snake-like in appearance. Vortixx have two Equipment slots.

>Skakdi: Possessing a vision power and an elemental power accessed when working with another Skakdi. Skakdi have one Equipment slot.

Needs a map of sorts. That would be a big help to visualize the entire thing.

I love the Diggers though. I'm totally thinking of that big anti-zombie machine from Land of The Dead in an odd way.

Plot needs fleshing out, and some more backstory because of the war.

Species selection is slightly limited, but if you put the rest of it together in a very pleasing and attractive way, both story and game elements, that shouldn't be a problem

I've written an extended plot explaining the early days of the Diggers and the start of the war, if that's what you mean. I'll post it when it's not pitch-black.

As for a map, yeah, I'll get on that. I can do just a flat side one, or a semi-3d isometric-style one.

The species list is limited because I'm not too aware of Bionicle species I could put in. If people have an idea for a balanced species, just send it my way.

And yeh, I like the Diggers too. If this RPG does get going, Digger battles shall be interesting, with how crews use their weapons in different ways to gain the upper hand.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Reverse Space just kind of seems detached from Bionicle. If you didn't have that species list at the bottom you could submit it in OTC really. The history is different, the names are different, there's no mention of any familiar species before that aforementioned (and rather cursory) list and you have the aliens marking it out as even more different. 

I'm also wondering if you expect about 50% of your playerbase to pick earth Toa to play as, because I kind of am

7AOYGDJ.jpg

So, first of all, some general remarks I see on trends going through right now.

Pure sandbox is really not recommended. You can design a game with sandbox in mind, but it's going to be harder to get by the Judges (myself at the very least) because they have an incredibly bad track record recently. With a few exceptions, RPGs simply do not have the playerbase to support a pure sandbox anymore. There really needs to be some kind of plot to pursue, something that most characters will naturally have in common, to keep them in the same general area. Otherwise they spread out and the game dies from lack of interaction. This is a problem that is more pronounced in space-based games, but equally as present in other genres. The area doesn't have to be very big for players to spread out.

Even if you just give players a single island, but nothing to draw them together, they will naturally spread out and interaction becomes very difficult. So just keep that in mind. I also agree with Adders on Reverse Space.

Finally, FallenAtlas, it can be really hard to get people to read an RPG when it is in an uncommon font. I can barely read it, and I suspect others will have similar problems. It can be hard to properly review, and later draw in players, when the information requires significant effort just to read.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Finally, FallenAtlas, it can be really hard to get people to read an RPG when it is in an uncommon font. I can barely read it, and I suspect others will have similar problems. It can be hard to properly review, and later draw in players, when the information requires significant effort just to read.

It's not the font as much as the spacing: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: New edit of my Ark #351 RPG.

Ark #351 0.4

New 'traveler,' eh? Using a term like that, I'm going to assume you were either born yesterday or that head of yours is full of rocks. Here, read the blasted brochure before you say anything more stupid:

Welcome to Ark #351!

We are glad to have you aboard, brave adventurer! You might have questions, or maybe you desire clarity about your goal before you partake in the greatest trip in the universe; either way, we'll do our best, and what we can't answer, your friendly Captain can!

What is the Ark Program?:

The Ark Program is our way of insuring the continuation of our collected people groups. As we are sure you've noticed, our universe has become a bit cramped and toxic! Stinky!

To help with this, the Arks, large space-craft, are crafted and launched with you, brave adventurer, and your new friends to distant star systems! We hope that one of the many Arks will find a suitable planet to began life again, and carry on that fire we all carry in our hearts.

Why have I been selected?:

Don't feel sad you're leaving home; your name will go down in history as an adventurer that saved our entire universe!

To ensure continuation of all our people, an equal number of each people groups were chosen to be apart of this Ark. You are among the chosen few! Be happy!

The selection process was random to ensure fairness; you had as much chance as your spouse, co-worker, or neighbor! Nobody was selected directly, but by numbering and population systems.

Why is the Ark Program needed?:

Well, adventurer, we're glad you asked! Eons ago, there was a planet known as Spherus Mangus, where all of our people were destined to live together in peace and harmony. Unfortunately, this was not to be so; during a great battle to secure the planet for future generations, un-reversible damage was done to the planet's core!

Spherus Mangus shattered, and the great being, Mata Nui, rescued millions of citizens and used his life to power our current universe for eons to come! Unfortunately, we need a lot more than just power! Food, room to move, and even basic materials are in short supply here. Thus, the Ark Program!

Who is my Captain?:

Your Captain is the friendly leader of your Ark; he'll be guiding you to the nearest star system for resettlement. All Captains are highly trained, polite individuals with great leadership skills and conflict resolution training!

Thanks for being a part of Ark #351!

We Back Home Salute You!

Finished? Good. Here's the paperwork you need to fill out to come aboard.

Profile:

Name:(If I have to explain this, I'll kick you off the ship myself.)

Species:(Toa, Matoran, Agori, Glatorian, Vortixx, Skakdi, or Skrall?)

Former Occupation:(Did you scoop Rahi droppings? Put it here.)

Occupation:(Leave it blank. You'll be given a new one on the ship; there's no freeloaders on my ship.)

Powers:(We all know somebody can throw fire on this ship, we just want to know who.)

Personality:(I don't care personally, but we need to if you're a manic or just really weird.)

Biography: (I still don't care, but I want to know if you have a history of killing everybody in a bar. Two sentences will be fine, I'm not going to read your novel of poor little you.)

Appearance:(I know what you look like, your fellow passengers will know what you look like, but you need to submit a picture or a description here. Don't ask why.)

Gear:(What are you bringing with you? No weapons, and we will check.)

Locations:

Ark #351:

Ugly thing, isn't she? I'm still working on a name for her. Made of the finest metal in the Universe, I'm told, which probably means it was dug up at the bottom of some sewer. She's propelled along via some form of magnetic energy, I didn't read up on it, but it doesn't require any kind of fuel; no explosions in space, thank the stars for that. Only a few people will actually spend time outside the ship, so you only need to worry about the inside; all that lovely, expressionless, bley inside.

Bridge:

This is where I command the entire Ark. Off-limits to most of the crew and passengers except the Bridge Staff. All alarms, announcements, and other useless nonsense I have to push out will come from here. My sleeping quarters are up here as well, so you might not see me often. Like I said, off-limits, don't even try, got it? The Vahki will not hesitate to shove your ugly mug into an airlock.

Common Quarters:

Part sleeping areas, part entertainment/relaxation areas, it is easily the largest part of the Ark. Every passenger will be issued a personal room upon boarding and a keycard to access it. Beyond that, the rest of the Common Quarters are completely open for everybody, and it includes a restaurant, gym, library, medical bay and star room. All ship-wide meetings are done in the library, and most of you will be given an occupation around here.

Personal Rooms:

The personal rooms are bley and boring. Bed to the right, small bathroom on the left. Fold out desk on the back wall and one light above. Enjoy your home for the next few weeks.

Restaurant/Medical Bay:

I imagine it has some silly name, but I just call it the “Restaurant.” Bley, like the rest of the ship, it composed of one long bar in the middle with booths circling the room. One exit leads out to the Common Quarters, the other leads into the Medical Bay.

The Medical Bay is well stocked for a trip like this. Enough knockout drugs to keep the entire ship in a coma for twenty years if I wanted. Ten or so beds, with on operating room. I don't imagine we'll be using this area of the ship...much.

Gym:

Artificial gravity is only going to keep you in shape for so long. The Gym keeps you busy and happy. I have my own personal gym, but you guys have to share this one. I made sure it was stocked with all sorts of equipment. Just don't break it.

Library:

Mainly manuals and books on settling distant planets, there are some books for entertainment. The bookshelves do retract when we need to hold a ship-wide meeting. Feel free to hang out and read the entire trip away. Just leave me alone.

Star Room:

Quite frankly the most useless part of the ship. It's some little hologram and a bunch of maps showing where we are from the Universe, and the estimated distance from our target star system. Word is you can look at all sorts of pretty pictures of various star systems and the like as well, but that doesn't sound fun to me.

Life Support:

Near the bottom of the ship is the Life Support room. Oxygen recycling, water recycling, and even a small farm to produce extra food. Heavily guarded, and if I have to tell you why that's a fact, I'll shoot you out the airlock. Only certified crew members can come down here.

Cargo:

Not much to say about the Cargo. Big room at the tail end of the ship, filled with everything we need to make it to our star system. Nothing much worthwhile back here, but I don't advise staying back here. One box slips off the stack and we're a passenger down. This is also the location for the primary airlock out of the ship, and the bay door for unloading once we reach our location. If we reach it.

Current Events/Announcements/Job Postings:

I'll keep a board up in the restaurant of all the going-ons in the ship. Including the gossip. Nothing slips past me.

Rules:

Good, paperwork filled out? Excellent, just pin it to the discussion board over there, and once we get around to approving your entrance, maybe we'll let you on after you read the rules:

Rule 1. Abide by all rules of the Ark.(BZPower).

Rule 2. You are not God and you are not without flaws; you will be shot out an airlock for this. I'm the only God aboard, remember that(No Godmodding.).

Rule 3. You aren't allowed to destroy the ship however you like. I might let you destroy parts of it, but depends on how much I drink the night before. Oh yeah, try to refrain from killing your fellow passengers, alright?(Instant kills and destruction of the ship are forbidden.)

Rule 4. What's the point of being in a pressurized container, flying through the void of space, if we don't have a party every now and then?(Have fun!)

------------------------------------

Descriptions are still a bit wonky. Still deciding if I like them or not, and more information needs to be added.

GM character profiles do need to be added as well. Working on those as we speak.

• Upvote 1

Krayz makes a good point. I admit I've skimmed past that particular draft idea a few times now because of the way both the font and the spacing make it hard to read easily. 

• Upvote 1

Mostly to Wyrd:

>Bonkles shooting at each other with tanks and the one with giant robots feels pretty detached to me too. This is just an au of some description. For all yall know Reverse Space could be inside an alternate Great Spirit Robot.

>The species list is small because I have yet to expand it. What, you thought I'd leave it at that? No, man, I just haven't gotten around to doing more.

>The aliens are just another species, technically, they're just called aliens because they're from another Chamber. Who knows maybe they'll make the species list.

>If you're thinking of an Earth Toa for free trips between Chambers, here's the thing:Nobody alive has the physical endurance to make it even half the distance in most scenarios. As an added bonus, you're now exposed to the toxic 'Tunnel Air'. Fairly sure I explained how the air in tunnels becomes hazardous once you go beyond a certain distance. It's why breaches are such a danger.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I got rid of my personal font and stylized text. While I did think it was cool, it doesn't show up on mobile where 95% of my browsing is done. The point made here though is a very good piece of advice that everybody needs to pick up on, myself included.

It's not the font as much as the spacing: 

Speaking as the person struggling to read it, it was a bit of both. :P But that is much better. I'll edit in my thoughts after I've taken a good look over it.

Krayz makes a good point. I admit I've skimmed past that particular draft idea a few times now because of the way both the font and the spacing make it hard to read easily. 

The spacing issue is probably due to my writing software I use. It doesn't translate over well to BZPower. I'm going to start just pasting it into a .txt file, THEN bring it over to BZPower and apply the special items then.

I apologize for for all that; I'm going to rework the RPG, get it spaced correctly, then post it in a few days, most likely.

>Bonkles shooting at each other with tanks and the one with giant robots feels pretty detached to me too. This is just an au of some description. For all yall know Reverse Space could be inside an alternate Great Spirit Robot.

>The species list is small because I have yet to expand it. What, you thought I'd leave it at that? No, man, I just haven't gotten around to doing more.

>The aliens are just another species, technically, they're just called aliens because they're from another Chamber. Who knows maybe they'll make the species list.

>If you're thinking of an Earth Toa for free trips between Chambers, here's the thing:Nobody alive has the physical endurance to make it even half the distance in most scenarios. As an added bonus, you're now exposed to the toxic 'Tunnel Air'. Fairly sure I explained how the air in tunnels becomes hazardous once you go beyond a certain distance. It's why breaches are such a danger.

1. And yet both of those make consistent use of species names and (in Year 60,000's case at least) recognisable locations. Sure you could do a Find and Replace job, change all references of Matoran to something else, but as it is it helps make the world more familiar and recognisable. Reverse Space does not have that familiarity as the first mention of anything even remotely Bionicle is that species list at the very very end.

While personally I would guess its in some sort of Great Spirit where the GBs favoured fibre optic technology (hence those tunnels of glass) if anyone not from this forum saw it I suspect they'd think we were playing as humans right to the end when the wondered what a Toa was.

2. My complaint with the species list is not that it is small, its that it feels completely arbitrary. Like you've written up an RPG and gone "oh right, needs to be Bionicle" and just slapped in on as an afterthough.

3. That they're more organic than normal means they're clearly not from the MU as we know it though. Whether they get added to the species list or not makes no difference to how different they make the game from Bionicle.

4. No I was thinking of using an Earth Toa for pretty much anything else I wanted to. Make the earth in front of a hunter or target rock solid to slow their path. Remove the earth in front of my digger to let me travel faster. Create miniature tunnels to directly hurl munitions straight at an enemy rather than have it dig. Sense through the earth where ambushers might be waiting. Bring crushing pressures to bear on an enemy by controlling the earth around them. Those are just off the top of my head, give me time and I'll have more. Its similar to the issues raised about being a Ga-Toa in a game set underwater, only I think something as solid as earth would be even worse to deal with

Edited by Wyrd Bid Ful Araed
  • Upvote 3

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well, you see, if that was the case, and in Digger battles that worked, here's the thing: The advantages would mean there would be plenty of Earth Toa. And that can lead to a scenario such as this:

You harden the earth in front of the enemy Digger to slow them down. Fair enough. Unfortunately, the other Digger has an Earth Toa too so he just undoes it, and in the long run the both of your powers are rendered moot.

Also, it could be powers don't work, at least very much, when influencing the environment from inside a Digger, what with being inside a rumbling, loud and thick-armored machine. You'd likely be too busy trying to evade enemy missiles or loading the javelin guns, someone who's gonna sit there squinting at the wall trying to slap the enemy with the rock isn't being very helpful, whereas he could be helping the crew keep the Digger running.

Just saying. There's upsides and downsides to everything.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Well, you see, if that was the case, and in Digger battles that worked, here's the thing: The advantages would mean there would be plenty of Earth Toa. And that can lead to a scenario such as this:

You harden the earth in front of the enemy Digger to slow them down. Fair enough. Unfortunately, the other Digger has an Earth Toa too so he just undoes it, and in the long run the both of your powers are rendered moot.

Also, it could be powers don't work, at least very much, when influencing the environment from inside a Digger, what with being inside a rumbling, loud and thick-armored machine. You'd likely be too busy trying to evade enemy missiles or loading the javelin guns, someone who's gonna sit there squinting at the wall trying to slap the enemy with the rock isn't being very helpful, whereas he could be helping the crew keep the Digger running.

Just saying. There's upsides and downsides to everything.

Personally if I was running a digger then yeah, thats exactly what I'd have my earth Toa doing. Let the mechanics deal with keeping the ship running, I'll have the guy controlling the very substance around us maybe doing something with that. And given that the other guy is going to be rumbling and loud too, I reckon that'll make him show up like a beacon to my guy. And it's not like I have any other way of trying to pinpoint him; definitely can't just see him, SONAR and RADAR are right out, magnetometry is sketchy at best and you don't mention any fancy way tech we might use. 

Also going to point out that if you're going to use the confines of the digger to try and in a way nullify elemental powers then thats yet another level of disconnect from Bionicle you've got there

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

>Sorry if this isn't some slightly altered version of the regular canon, just trying to do something a little out of the ordinary, so sorry if it seems disconnected. And hey, at least most of the Chambers are comparable to a regular MU island(Hadimus=Xia probably, Ernada/Ghara=Both like a less dystopian Metru Nui, the very little colonized one I can't remember it's name=Mata Nui, etc.)

>Seismic scanners are a thing on Diggers that pick up the source of vibrations through the earth(like a Digger). There are also long-distance electronic and thermal sensors that can pick up Diggers. The electronic ones can even pick up brain signals if close enough, although that's mostly fluff.

>Actually, there is something on the Diggers that could explain the element-nullifying; there's a layer in Digger armor built to prevent Fe-Toa or Fa-Toa from messing up an enemy Digger, it could easily be said that as a side effect is stops others too, it's not that far-fetched.

For whoever's interested, I'll post the extended backstory and map once I complete said map.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Besides that one pinch at the finish, how is this Bionicle?

It just seems to further prove Wyrd's point:

if anyone not from this forum saw it I suspect they'd think we were playing as humans right to the end when they wondered what a Toa was.

It honestly just seems like an OTRPG with Bionicle sprinkled on both ends. I can already think of three game titles that sum this up entirely.

Some of you may recall an RPG idea I mentioned a while back involving airships. Since I had a week off from uni, I started to flesh out the idea a little, but I've hit a few snags. 

My current plan is for it to be set on alternate Spherus Magna where Mata Nui reformed the planet, but perished before he was able to use the Mask of Life to bring new life it as he did in canon. 

With nowhere near enough resources on what remained of the Bara Magna to support its own populace and that the Matoran Universe, and Bota Magna full of nasty sentient Vorox, giant biomechanical reptiles and now the surviving Visorak that escaped the MU, the survivors instead turned their attention to Aqua Magna. Setting out by sea and air, expeditions were sent out over the open ocean to search for new lands to populate. 

So the game itself will follow the members of one of these airborne expeditions, but I'm having trouble deciding exactly how I'm going to work that. Either I can go with an MuP style setup, and allow groups of players to have their own private ships, or opt for something more like Chumpu's train RPG idea, where all of the players are crammed into one giant airship. 

Both options obviously come with their own sets of potential issues, but I'm unsure of which one would work best here, which is why I wanted to ask what the rest of you thought would work best? 

>Sorry if this isn't some slightly altered version of the regular canon, just trying to do something a little out of the ordinary, so sorry if it seems disconnected. And hey, at least most of the Chambers are comparable to a regular MU island(Hadimus=Xia probably, Ernada/Ghara=Both like a less dystopian Metru Nui, the very little colonized one I can't remember it's name=Mata Nui, etc.)

>Seismic scanners are a thing on Diggers that pick up the source of vibrations through the earth(like a Digger). There are also long-distance electronic and thermal sensors that can pick up Diggers. The electronic ones can even pick up brain signals if close enough, although that's mostly fluff.

>Actually, there is something on the Diggers that could explain the element-nullifying; there's a layer in Digger armor built to prevent Fe-Toa or Fa-Toa from messing up an enemy Digger, it could easily be said that as a side effect is stops others too, it's not that far-fetched.

For whoever's interested, I'll post the extended backstory and map once I complete said map.

Yes thats right, respond with sarcasm to advice given in a topic about getting advice. I'm sure that'll only make things better and also prove to everyone how suitable you are to be a GM.

See, I can do sarcasm too. Not particularly helpful, is it? So how about we all try to keep things civilised and actually make some progress?

The problem isn't that you aren't using an only slightly altered version of canon. The problem, as I have already explained, is that you aren't using any canon at all. Different world, different locations, different tools and even at least one different species. For all that you claim Panzer and Year 60,000 aren't Bionicley enough even they use some of the most old school Bionicle lore as basic mechanics with their tanks/mechs capable of channelling Kanohi. Reverse Space has...a species list. At the very end. Going to be honest, you want my approval you're going to have to do better than that.

See those added bits of information on the diggers, thats useful stuff. They only thing currently said about them is their number of weapon slots and that they have air recyclers. Perhaps you could work that into the load-out mechanic you have going, and that scanners or anti-element armour plate takes up a slot like a weapon would. Means players have a more varied choice and can customise their diggers more

7AOYGDJ.jpg