The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

I guess the numbers thing would really depend on how many players join the RPG if when it starts up. 

Pst Roman, want to join me? 

I don't see a reason not to. 

Tanks tanks tanks tanks TANKS

My thoughts exactly. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The description of the Pakari as an Armour-enhancer is kind of vague. Is it a toggle on/off ability, or always active? Also, since Matoran with EDD's can apparently operate elemental weapons on tanks, does that mean such a weapon could be added to an exo-suit as well, if the operator had an EDD? Also, does the Volitak make the Armour quieter?

EDIT:

• Volitak - Camouflages armor based on surroundings
  • Huna - Reduces noise and heat signature

It seems to me that these two should be the other way around. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The description of the Pakari as an Armour-enhancer is kind of vague. Is it a toggle on/off ability, or always active? Also, since Matoran with EDD's can apparently operate elemental weapons on tanks, does that mean such a weapon could be added to an exo-suit as well, if the operator had an EDD? Also, does the Volitak make the Armour quieter?

EDIT:

Agreed.

Already formulating an idea for a nomadic, Skakdi treasure/bounty-hunter with a service background in Neuf.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

A few more questions:

1)It mentions the powers manifesting in the armours?

2)Are the Medium tanks a certain model or a size class? Do they all look the same?

3)The profile bit mentions approving 'player pieces'. What's that?

Thanks in advance.

1) Kanohi powers manifest in Armor, there's a list in section 5.3

2) Size is "big enough for at least three people." Model names are gonna be in the finished product. As for looks, I'm kind of leaving it up to artistic discretion. If you want a rough example than Vingt's medium armor resembles http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/US/M3_Lee_Grant.php, while Seize looks more like german tanks, ala http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzer_IV.php

3) Bad wording on my part. I meant "player armor."

EDIT:

The pakari is passive. And yes, those two got switched. Probably because of me rushing a little. Exo-suits could have an elemental weapon, but it'd be a little cumbersome. They're pretty big and bulky, as they're meant to be the coaxial machinegun that real life tanks have. Which are quite large. You'd be giving up some of the speed and mobility that comes with an Exo-suit.

EDIT:

Agreed.

Already formulating an idea for a nomadic, Skakdi treasure/bounty-hunter with a service background in Neuf.

There will be plenty of IC opportunities for neutral parties to get in on the gold rush, especially in Vingt, which has a larger private military presence due to the shifty politics.

...but close to it

Question: how long before you put this up for judging? Cuz I want TANKS!!!

Spoiler Alert:

The creature roaming around the asylum is a sentient tank.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Plot twist - The asylum is a Tank. 

Trust me, you couldn't be anymore wrong.

It's a monster so grotesque it'd leave you catatonic if you saw it with your puny human eyes.

It's a creature so vile its beyond description.

Its...

96YrAEh.gif

Lztmdje.gif

Um... oops. That's the beta version. 

We had to tone it down.

• Upvote 2

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

So in other words, the monster is supposed to be some sort of Bionicle Cthulhu?

Because that would be creepy.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

It exists because the people running it were able to trick the people of Metru Nui that Toa were mostly all crazy, and that they needed to be locked up. These corrupt officials want to use Toa for experimentation and corrupt medical "treatments." Perhaps they want an army of crazy supersoldiers. We haven't nailed that down yet.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Agreed.

I totally haven't already started writing out profiles for the Tanks RPG yet or anything like that... :D

• Upvote 3

Well, you've yet to give us any kind of post that goes really in-depth about your asylum thing. It's just been lots of posts from you talking about how great it's going to be and how scary your monster is. 

I might be tossing my hat into the ring as well; I have an RPG in the works right now. I just need to finish writing up some stuff before I post it here for you all to tear apart and critique, before I go and throw it at the judges. 

So yeah, that'll be coming in the next few days hopefully.

It exists because the people running it were able to trick the people of Metru Nui that Toa were mostly all crazy, and that they needed to be locked up. These corrupt officials want to use Toa for experimentation and corrupt medical "treatments." Perhaps they want an army of crazy supersoldiers. We haven't nailed that down yet.

It exists because Tuyet was able to convince the people of Metru Nui that Toa (and anyone else) who disagreed with her were crazy , and that they needed to be locked up. The corrupt project managers Toa Gali and Karzahni want to use the patients for experimentation and unethical medical "treatments." Perhaps they want to add to Tuyet's army of brainwashed crazy Toa.

Given the choice between a fan-setting and a functionally identical canon one, why choose the former when the latter already has all the work cut out for you? If you wanted an RP about a village of more-powerful Matoran on a small, inhospitable island, you could design your own setting, but why would you when Voya Nui has all you need?

• Upvote 3

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Given the choice between a fan-setting and a functionally identical canon one, why choose the former when the latter already has all the work cut out for you?  

I think Akavakaku makes a very good point here.

It makes things easier; your setting, backstory and possible staff characters are all already set up for you.

@Tiragath.

How big are the exo-suits compared to the Matoran who pilot them? The post compares them to both exo-Toa and Boxors, but as I understand it, those two had very different shapes and sizes to each other. 

I was thinking along similar lines, but I've been imagining something a little beefier, with more armour plating that completely enclosed the Matoran. The Boxor alternate model leaves the driver very exposed, which I doubt would be the case for an exo-suit that is supposed to keep the wearer safe from the menaces of nomansland. 

The Asylum

written by ghidora131, revised by IcarusBen

Day One:

Karz, it's been years. Not since I arrived here, of course. I'm talking about the fall. By now everyone knows this whole city was the brain-mind of a robot. Guess they didn't build it too well. As soon as the Dark Hunters started swarming and killing everything in sight, the Toa-heroes stood up to them and were winning, surprisingly. Then, they launched it. Oh, Karzahni, that weapon. So vile of a plan, they turned every Toa-hero mad with that gas, and they couldn't fight anymore. If the brotherhood hadn't been there, the universe would be doomed. But the gas stayed around, so that anyone who became a Toa-hero got infected with it. It was a nightmare. To become a Toa-hero was to step up to insanity head first.

Then, thousands of years later, someone built a sanitarium just for the poor Toa-heroes. But by that time, the gas was gone and only the rumor remained. so many Matoran quick-hid under their beds and cowered, dreading if they ever became one. And here I am. And I'm not strange-crazy, I'm sure of it! But so many Toa-heroes... Something else is going on...

Day Four:

No, I'm not crazy. I'm sure of it. No way in Karzahni. And I did see something.

I look out of my cell window and see the energy siphon crackle and fizz, warp-morphing into different shapes... And the guards around it got killed, I think. But something spawned. Some dreaded creature. Ohh, Karz. It tore through the wall and headed to the warden's office. I hope it killed him. But what the Karz was it? I can't believe I saw it. It's unrealistic. And I'm not crazy, I tell yah!

Unfortunately, every day now I keep look-seeing things. Like a sentient chair, growing in size, heading through the hallways. Or my arm talks to me. But I won't succumb to insanity. No, I'm a Toa-hero! I'm strong enough!

Day Twenty-one:

No way in Karzahni. The monster-thing didn't kill the warden! In fact, it strode in here last night and killed a patient! B-but it used my power! And anyone else's who gets put here! It's stronger than a Makuta now! It tore-ripped through that poor water Toa like paper! Oh, the poor girl... I tried to inform one of the other students about it in the recreational area-place, but the guards overheard me and took me to solitary confinement. But now I know the secret to this place, the real plan...

In about five minutes the head doctor will be "fixing" me in the medical ward. I think they intend to make me really insane. But no, I'm a Toa-hero! I'll never falter! To the end I shall stand for Mata Nui!

Day Twenty-two:

Hehe. Oh man, I feel much better. Muchbettermuchbettermuchbettermuchbettermuchbetter. Who? Me... I'm not crazy. Noooooo, I'm a Toa-heroes, I can't succumb. Or succumb anyone. I'm as normal as a three widget bill made of mozzarella cheese. I'm as happy as a Gukko. And I know the secrets of this place, and the doctor, and the wardendenden, and the monsterositytee. Hehehe. Hi, arms. We feeling gggggooooooooodd today? yesss. Much gooder.

And I'm as sane as anyone else here, hehehe...

Hehehe...

This is The Asylum, an RPG based inside of the Metru Nui Sanitarium, a prison for Toa to become weapons of death or die. A intricate and complicated storyline is set into play here, but the summary above shows enough of the nutshell. The goal in this RPG is thrive and survive, all while being a happy little clam under the watchful eye of the Warden and his minions. Now and then the lights will go super dim, signaling the arrival of the monster, so be wary. Any and all posts made by IcarusBen or ghidora131(me), will be considered canon to this storyline.

Provided by the staff, here is a lovely little map of the asylum:

https://www.dropbox....Asylum.pdf?dl=0

----------

THE STAFF:

Head Staff:

ghidora131

IcarusBen

----------

THE SETUP:

This universe works slightly different than the canon one. The Makuta never rebelled, no, but the Cataclysm still happened, in no small part due to the Great Spirit being overloaded from the strain of running an entire universe. After this, the Dark Hunters invaded Metru Nui. While they were beaten back, the Hunters were able to release a toxin that turned any Toa into a crazed lunatic, ranging from the bipolar to the schizophrenic to the completely psychotic. Not only that, but it was persistent. Matoran that turned into Toa were subject to these effects, too.

While the toxin dissipated, the rumor persisted. Eventually, one particularly intelligent Toa built an asylum for these poor, crazy heroes. Of course, it's a ploy. The warden wants an army of Toa so he can take control of Metru Nui himself, but since the Toa wouldn't follow him on their own accord, he plans to control them using other means. That's the true purpose of the Asylum.

Enjoy your stay.

----------

RULES:

The first and most important rule is that you can only be a Toa or Matoran(otherwise is listed below). No exceptions whatsoever.

Secondly, the monster cannot be killed, so no post saying you defeated it.

Thirdly, any and all innate powers, elemental, mask or otherwise, get taken from patients and absorbed into the monster. This means no elemental powers, but mask powers are only severely weakened (i.e. a Kualsi transports you 5 feet, a Hau can only protect against the lightest of attacks.)

Fourthly, your character enters the asylum after character creation, meaning s/he will not have any preexisting ties to anyone inside. You'll get assigned to general or solitary depending on which one you choose in your profile.

Finally, your character MUST BE APPROVED before you may post. You may have one, two or three characters at any one time.

Your character may have an item(s), but they must be approved by staff and follow these rules before your character can have the item.

Your item must make sense in a prison/asylum enviroment.
Your item cannot be a firearm.
You must be able to sneak your item inside the facility.
Your item cannot be an explosive.
Your item cannot be invisible.
Your item must be lightweight.
Your item cannot help you escape from a cell.
Your item cannot immobilize an opponent.
Your item must be approved by the staff before in-game usage can occur.

----------

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Name:

Species: (Toa, Matoran. A few will be allowed as Skakdi and Vortixx)

Element:

Patient or Staff:(Only RPG staff may play as staff)

(If patient)

General or Solitary: (The general population get to roam the facility (provided they don't try and sneak into high-clearance areas, hint hint) while solitary patients are confined to their cell)

Kanohi: (Must be approved by staff)

Personality:

Appearance:

Inventory:(Items can be anything from a shank to a pocketwatch to a small lighter, but they must be approved by staff.)

----------

ghidora131's characters

Name: Dr. Halmos (the warden)

Species: Toa? No one is too sure.

Element: N/A

Patient or Staff: Staff

(if staff) Position: Warden

(if patient) General or solitary: N/A

Kanohi: Kanohi Rau

Personality: Halmos is a nightmare in a retained form. Always calculating, always planning, always thinking, always cool. And his ideas of an army are morbid and tasteless. A mastermind, he developed the siphon and is a lifelong friend of Nyhe. Together, the horrors they intend to unleash are devastatingly monstrous and would give any normal beings scars on their sanity, like our dear friend Jorik.

Apearance: Halmos is a little bit shorter than the average Toa. Due to some attempts on his life by past colleagues, his right cheek area of his mask is left rather porous looking and hideous. He has orange hands, feet, chest and mask, with hints of dark blue in between. He always wears a white labcoat.

Inventory: a belt-mounted high-tier tazer, several shiny small throwing knives, the first key to the controls for the Siphon and a comlink to Nyhe.

=:=

Name: Abbenidium

Species: N/A

Element: An amalgemation of the powers of the Toa in the asylum.

Patient or staff: N/A

Personality: N/A

Appearance: Unknown. To be revealed later.

Inventory: N/A

Notes: The monster has the powers of every Toa in the asylum that is being siphoned. If a new Toa with a Kualsi and the element of Air gets tagged with the Siphon, then the monster gains the power of the Kualsi and the element of Air.

----------

IcarusBen's characters

Name: Nyhe

Species: Toa

Element: Water

Patient or Staff: Staff

(If staff) Position: Chief of Medicine and Psychiatry (Chief Doctor)

(If patient)General or Solitary: N/A

Kanohi: Kanohi Komau, Mask of Mind Control

Personality: Nyhe is cold, distant, and unsympathetic to all. She cares nothing for her patients and only cares about what she can learn from them, or perhaps how fun it can be getting them to open up.

Appearance: Nyhe is a tall & slender Toa, with Gali blue on her body and mask and silver on her rather slim but ornate armor.

Inventory: Nyhe always had an electric stun gun on her person to disable any unruly patients. She also carries around the second key to the Siphon’s controls.

=:=

Name: Jorik

Species: Toa

Element: Air

Patient or staff: Patient

(If staff) Position: N/A

(If patient) General or solitary: solitary

Kanohi: Kanohi Kadin

Personality: Jorik is cold and distant, always thinking, always planning his escape or your death. Two years in solitary have rendered him completely insane, even more than when he entered the facility. In fact, he's one of the truly crazy people living in the asylum. Now, he's not one of the few crazies in the asylum, no, there are a lot more of those.

Appearance: Jorik is primarily black and green, with a large frame and bulky/spiky armor. His size is complemented by his spiky armor accents, like his shoulder pads and his kneecaps.

Inventory: Jorik is able to keep a small shank on him which he rarely uses, but uses with deadly efficiency.

----------

PM either ghidora131 or IcarusBen if you have any questions.

Edited by ghidora131

Can't be bother to write a full review right now, but here are a  few things I noticed straight away:

1. Only you and Icarus are gonna be staff, right? So there isn't much point in putting the "staff or patient" section in the profiles, since everyone else is gonna be playing as a patient.

2. Also in the profiles, you don't need to say "X must be approved by staff" because all the profiles will most likely have to be approved by you and Icarus anyway.

3. You might want to be a little more specific about the amount Kanohi powers are diminished, to prevent unfairness. For example, you could just say that they become Noble level.

4. "A few will be allowed as Skakdi and Vortixx" How do you decide who is allowed to be these and who isn't? Will you just have the first few who apply to be these approved, and all after not approved? My advice would be either remove them from play completely, or say anyone can be them (if you go for the second option, you may need to explain why they're in Metru-Nui in the first place). Alternatively, you could give them out as rewards.

5. "Your character arrives at the sanitarium when you start playing, not in solitary or something like that." Then why is there a "solitary or general" section in the profile?

6. As for the inventory: you should probably at least have a little sentence explaining what kind of thing the prisoners can have, so that people writing a profile can know what's roughly acceptable. Are they allowed (or can have found/scavenged) some kinds of weapons? Do the staff allow them to carry small items of sentimental value? etc. etc.

7. Neither three dollar bills nor mozzarella cheese exist in Metru-Nui. :P I guess that one doesn't matter too much...

Edited by Sil
  • Upvote 1

Kathok

I sent a revised version over to Ghidora, but I imagine we might add staff as the game goes on.

Amongst my changes, I changed it to 3 widget bill, though I kept the mozzarella.

I imagine he'll be making some changes to it as well.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

A intricate and complicat3ed storyline is set into play here, but the summary above shows enough of the nutshell.  

But that summary really didn't tell us much at all. Is this game sandbox, as in the prisoners are free to wander around wherever they want, or are they confined to their cells the entire time? Is there an actual plot beyond everyone being chased around by a mystery monster?