GD Contest 2.22: Final Poll

GD Contest 2.22 Final Poll  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Entry 1: Off-center avatar is a deal breaker, and the whole thing is just too... grey to seem fitting for Tohu. I do like the effect, though.

Entry 2: The avatar is far too bland; I understand what he was going for but the gears should have either been painted or digitally altered to be gold (and actually use the proper gears but whatever). Love the banner, though.

Entry 3: I don't think it's terribly bad, but that Tohu head model, while cool, looks very... strange. I'm not really sure what happened to it but it's decently off-putting and for that reason I'm not a fan.

Entry 4: Nice, simple, to the point. The avatar, I feel, should've had a bit more effort put into it to match the banner and it probably would've gotten my vote. As it stands, though... good, but not excellent.

Entry 5: Quite good; the banner is fantastic, and the avatar's pretty good as well (although I definitely prefer the banner). My only problem is that the actual image of Hapori Tohu isn't displayed at all except in the avatar (where it's a silhouette) and the gears in the banner are black instead of gold. As it stands, though, pretty good.

Entry 6: ....................2sinister4me

All in all, I went with #5, with #4 coming in 2nd and #2 coming in third.

Good luck to everybody.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak
  • Upvote 1

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Entry 1: Off-center avatar is a deal breaker, and the whole thing is just too... grey to seem fitting for Tohu. I do like the effect, though.

Entry 2: The avatar is far too bland; I understand what he was going for but the gears should have either been painted or digitally altered to be gold (and actually use the proper gears but whatever). Love the banner, though.

Entry 3: I don't think it's terribly bad, but that Tohu head model, while cool, looks very... strange. I'm not really sure what happened to it but it's decently off-putting and for that reason I'm not a fan.

Entry 4: Nice, simple, to the point. The avatar, I feel, should've had a bit more effort put into it to match the banner and it probably would've gotten my vote. As it stands, though... good, but not excellent.

Entry 5: Quite good; the banner is fantastic, and the avatar's pretty good too (although I definitely prefer the banner). My only problem is that the actual image of Hapori Tohu isn't displayed at all except in the avatar (where it's a silhouette) and the gears in the banner are black instead of gold. As it stands, though, pretty great.

Good luck to everybody.

-Mesonak

Your opinions are objectively wrong and I assert my own in their stead.

Asymmetry is great.

-MT

• Upvote 2

XPufEB3.png?1

It's actually hand drawn, and not a model. I'm glad that I apparently did good enough with it for it to be mistaken for a 3D model, though. :P

Edited by XONAR
Bliss.png

Asymmetry is great.

-MT

Now, now, MT,

That's not very nice,

You best watch yourself,

'Cause you're on thin ice.

-Poetry by Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak
  • Upvote 1

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Asymmetry is great.

-MT

Now, now, MT,

That's not very nice,

You best watch yourself,

'Cause you're on thin ice.

-Poetry by Mesonak

...and it's odd, because I don't know what you're trying to do here.

I guess if asymmetry isn't your thing, that's fine. But I though it looked pretty good. Nice change of pace n' such.

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor

XPufEB3.png?1

Entry 5: Quite good; the banner is fantastic, and the avatar's pretty good too (although I definitely prefer the banner). My only problem is that the actual image of Hapori Tohu isn't displayed at all except in the avatar (where it's a silhouette) and the gears in the banner are black instead of gold. As it stands, though, pretty great.

Good luck to everybody.

-Mesonak

Asymmetry is great.

-MT

I agree with you all the way, but after seeing your signature, I think you should have opened with "Objection!"

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Could've gone with number five, but the profile was a pretty general shape and I couldn't quite figure out what some of the blobs in the sig were. Number two did a great job of expressing the spirit of the site in a pretty purist way (I hope), and the youtube thingy is fascinating.

None of these are really super appealing. I like the avatar of number 4 but the banner of number 2. Can I vote that way instead? No? Well, then #2 gets my vote. Avatar is meh, but the banner contains some helpful links in a visually appealing manner. Although I would prefer that it include links to the rules and Reference Desk as well, but whatever.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Entry 1 or Entry 6?

WHICH!?

Gotta be entry 1. The way it does the masks is perfect. Also can't beat hexagonal background.

-MT

Don't get me wrong, I like the kanohi on number one, but the avatar is off-center from its hexagon background, and would pretty much look like a grey blotch when reduced to avatar size, as opposed to, say, number three.