• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Deiniki

Toa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 323 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 04 2014 - 12:44 PM

13627061993_6834800909.jpg

Front
Side
Back
Unarmed

Once a Bo-Matoran, Deiniki (day NEE kee) is now the Toa Nala of the Green and protector of Le-Koro on Nala Nui. He is at home in the jungles of Le-Wahi, swinging and leaping through the trees. While he might seem goofy and immature to those who don't know him, he is very brave and dedicated to his people. He wears a Great Mask of Sensory Aptitude, allowing him to enhance his five senses and sense of balance—very useful if he is in an unfamiliar part of the jungle or climbing through the canopy.

I made the name Deiniki using Tolkien's Matoran Dictionary. Here's what the Deiniki entry would look like:

deiniki = lit. "song of (a) high place", "song of (a) mountain top" (< deiniki < deika-inikhi, from deika "note, music" and inikhi "high-place; mountain-top". Variant forms: deikaniki, deikanki)

Flickr set
Brickshelf gallery (when public)

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Infrared, Apr 04 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 944 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2014 - 01:06 PM

He has a nice, simple build, and I really like the colour scheme.

And I certainly have to say that it isn't everyday that you see a Hero Factory breastplate on a Toa! :P It's cool that you were able to work that in.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#3 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,541 posts

Posted Apr 04 2014 - 11:23 PM

He looks very tropical :D Great use of color on 'im, and for once the blue pins help the design instead of clash! He definitely looks like a Toa of Green rather than a Toa of Air, which is really cool 'cause sometimes the distinction is lost. I love how he still has those little hints of Air Toa in him, with the potential for blade wings on his back and the green and all. I've always associated Air with jungles anyways, so I think it's a good thing and walks that line well. Very nice build, I do like the integration of Hero Factory parts and the little accents of System pieces. He's very cool, nice proportions and all. Only thing that makes me go "eehhhh" is that his neck looks a bit weird, I think it's a little high, but there's not really much you can do about it and it looks better when posed, so it's not a big deal, and also the shoulders seem a bit lacking. I feel like they need to be a bit bulkier 'cause he seems a bit too lean as he is and exposed; there's definitely something you can tack on there if you used a longer axle to connect to the ball joints, I'm just not sure exactly what. A Bohrok eye would work well, I think, not very distracting and it's sleek. But that's up to you, I don't mind it that much. Maybe some armor on his thighs too? I think I'm just too used to that Bionicle aesthetic of armor on the upper limbs :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#4 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 323 posts

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 02:09 PM

He has a nice, simple build, and I really like the colour scheme.
And I certainly have to say that it isn't everyday that you see a Hero Factory breastplate on a Toa! :P It's cool that you were able to work that in.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the build—it might not be the most complex thing ever, but I think it gets the job done. And I'm glad you like the HF chest armor as well! I was afraid it might be weird having that big "H" on his chest, but it's not that conspicuous. Besides, to a Matoran it's not an H, it's just a weird symbol. :P

He looks very tropical :D Great use of color on 'im, and for once the blue pins help the design instead of clash! He definitely looks like a Toa of Green rather than a Toa of Air, which is really cool 'cause sometimes the distinction is lost. I love how he still has those little hints of Air Toa in him, with the potential for blade wings on his back and the green and all. I've always associated Air with jungles anyways, so I think it's a good thing and walks that line well. Very nice build, I do like the integration of Hero Factory parts and the little accents of System pieces. He's very cool, nice proportions and all. Only thing that makes me go "eehhhh" is that his neck looks a bit weird, I think it's a little high, but there's not really much you can do about it and it looks better when posed, so it's not a big deal, and also the shoulders seem a bit lacking. I feel like they need to be a bit bulkier 'cause he seems a bit too lean as he is and exposed; there's definitely something you can tack on there if you used a longer axle to connect to the ball joints, I'm just not sure exactly what. A Bohrok eye would work well, I think, not very distracting and it's sleek. But that's up to you, I don't mind it that much. Maybe some armor on his thighs too? I think I'm just too used to that Bionicle aesthetic of armor on the upper limbs :P

Thanks for commenting! Bo-Matoran and Toa of the Green have never been physically portrayed in the story, so it's good to know the distinction is clear since they're not quite as recognizable as other Toa types. I definitely see what you mean about the neck; going back through the pictures, it does look somewhat high. I think that might be due more to the angle I set it at for the pictures than the neck itself, though, since it doesn't look as odd now. I also see what you mean about the shoulders, but at the same time I feel like he's supposed to be a bit exposed and that beefing him up any more would change the vibe he's got going... maybe not, though. :shrugs:

Edited by Infrared, Apr 06 2014 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users