• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

More Masks From Modalt

Featured Masks Custom Paint

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Offline MrCod

MrCod
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 33 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 03:50 PM

POPULAR

Well, considering it has been quite some time since I last uploaded anything, I figured I should inundate you with images now.

13650751374_8a25117e54_z_d.jpg
13650420235_ccf6ef9a1d_z_d.jpg
13650768564_6a6b2e723c_z_d.jpg
13650771954_11345fe4ce_z_d.jpg
13650442383_0cd0b5a14d_z_d.jpg
13650426735_fe2cd51ea9_z_d.jpg
13650408445_577f5cf1e0_z_d.jpg
13651334505_b4dabc1f68_z_d.jpg13650430015_be085ae7e8_z_d.jpg
13650779794_39b142183c_z_d.jpg13650439945_7af505e0f2_z_d.jpg
13650461393_cf3b57487b_z_d.jpg

A couple of armor sets.

13650468293_7833825687_z_d.jpg
13650425245_39345f4b91_z_d.jpg
13650445575_db1d2cd6fb_z_d.jpg

And a couple that I painted (and sold for the most part) at BrickFair VA 2013.

13650422403_91e7d093db_z_d.jpg
13650411705_cf9a57868a_z_d.jpg
13650426803_e4b5880ac6_z_d.jpg

Now these two are pretty much identical, and I couldn't decide which one to post, so I'll let you guys decide which one you like more.

13650449653_90e2f12790_z_d.jpg
13650450623_5997444dbb_z_d.jpg

This was a pretty big post since I haven't updated for a while, so don't expect anything as big as this in the future. I'm curious though, if you guys wanted to see a particular paint job or simple conversion on a mask, what would it be?

#2 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,521 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 04:28 PM

Moving to General Art.

#3 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 05:09 PM

These are some of the best mask making skills ever. I really need to order from you guys.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#4 Online Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,284 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 08:37 PM

Hmm... surprised you did not include the pakaku i had ordered and the reverse pakaku.. But it is neat to see two of the four masks I ordered on there.. And have to say i love the armors

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#5 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,059 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 10:15 PM

Wow...you guys never fail to impress me(and other people). These are the best custom Bionicle stuff that I've seen before. Really, really, great job for all of them.

Hmm... surprised you did not include the pakaku i had ordered and the reverse pakaku.. But it is neat to see two of the four masks I ordered on there.. And have to say i love the armors

The thread is called More masks from Modalt, not all...

#6 Online Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,284 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2014 - 10:17 PM

Wow...you guys never fail to impress me(and other people). These are the best custom Bionicle stuff that I've seen before. Really, really, great job for all of them.

The thread is called More masks from Modalt, not all...

lol that is true. But Modalt does make alot of amazing work.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#7 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,776 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 01:27 AM

I think I like that hollowed out Hau Nuva best of all, it's such a simple little change but it looks so cool! I'm sure this inspires a lot of folks to make their own customizations to their masks, all these examples are so creative and so well done! And the second Kopaka Nuva mask with the painted stuff on it is better, the one with the more intricate pattern. If there was a way to make the viewer in the eyepiece extra glossy it would look even better, I think.

As for a simple conversion I'd like to see, I'm sure a Kakama would look interesting with those side things removed or something like that :)

If I ever need any spiffy masks, I'll go looking for you 'cause these are really really great ^^

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#8 Online Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,284 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 02:47 AM

I think I like that hollowed out Hau Nuva best of all, it's such a simple little change but it looks so cool! I'm sure this inspires a lot of folks to make their own customizations to their masks, all these examples are so creative and so well done! And the second Kopaka Nuva mask with the painted stuff on it is better, the one with the more intricate pattern. If there was a way to make the viewer in the eyepiece extra glossy it would look even better, I think.

As for a simple conversion I'd like to see, I'm sure a Kakama would look interesting with those side things removed or something like that :)

If I ever need any spiffy masks, I'll go looking for you 'cause these are really really great ^^

They are certainly worth the price.

*Insert cheesy smile*

As a Satisfied customer I give modalt masks my seal of approval *Gives a thumb up*

But really if you do buy from them it is worth the money and really good customer communications.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

#9 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 705 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2014 - 10:41 AM

They look amazing and I remember I have gotten that one set of armor from you and two mask (BTW still look great).

Mainly there isn't any mask I like to see have a paint job or moded right now but I do like to see some paint job on those HF armor that we get over 9000 of them every time there is a new HF set.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#10 Offline Zaxvo

Zaxvo
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 05:23 PM

That first Miru Nuva isn't anything spectacularly new, but wow it looks great. 

And those two Hau Nuvas are spectacular, the hollowed out one in particular is gorgeous. 

And that pakari with the plate on it looks great too. Recolored it would fit really with on a Deathstroke moc haha

And I'm a particular fan of the third armor set, the R-7 one. 

I'm not, however, a fan of that custom mask -- I'm not entirely sure how to describe it lol, I can't identify the base pieces it came from, but tbh it looks crooked and a tad sloppy. :S

I think it would be interesting to see an Akaku or Akaku Nuva that's totally symmetric -- ie with the scope removed. Not sure how possible that would be though. 

#11 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 816 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 05:37 PM

That wooden Miru is incredible. I want. But I has no use. :|

I would love to see a damaged akaku with wooden fix plates. Like an akaku with the scope broken off, covered with 2 wood planks, neato.

Edited by Loganto The Bo-Matoran, Apr 11 2014 - 05:40 PM.

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#12 Offline Mr. Lightning Bolt

Mr. Lightning Bolt
  • Members
  • Toa

• 190 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 07:43 PM

I want all over that infected Miru. How many does he have I wonder?

Time is my frenemy. So is money. 
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

#13 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,120 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 07:47 PM

Wow. I remember seeing some of the older ones a while back, then seeing some for sale at Brickfair NE, but WOW these new ones. The third one down, the cut-out Hau Nuva...

Wow.

All of these are so incredible. I've really gotta get one eventually, here.

Oh, and between the two [equally fabulous] Akaku Nuva, I'd have to say I like the second one more, with the more detailed painting on the left side. They're pretty much equal in my mind, though.

Edited by Master of all Kopekes, Apr 11 2014 - 07:49 PM.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#14 Offline TwistedLego

TwistedLego
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 07:53 PM

Wow, these look incredible and a true testament to the community's creativity. Inspires me to want to get up and create something.

#15 Offline MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,697 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 08:05 PM

Custom masks are always interesting. And man, these are absolutely beautiful. You should sell these some day

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

#16 Offline Matoro Zeliph

Matoro Zeliph
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 08:39 PM

Vakama would be jealous! Lol!

These masks look awesome! :D I like how some looks really trible, and I liked the techno tron mask and the steampunk mask as well! :)

#17 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 578 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 08:53 PM

Man, that Akaku Nuva looks AWESOME! How about an infected Avohkii mask?

#18 Offline Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 787 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 09:06 PM

Wow you did a Movie-Version of Takua's Pakari that looks very cool!

#19 Offline ToaLewaMata

ToaLewaMata
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 3 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 07:08 AM

those look amazing, keep up the good work

#20 Offline LQ1998

LQ1998
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 06:30 PM

These are awesome! I've never seen such fine detail put in to custom Kanohi! I really like the ones with the rusting look to them.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

#21 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 616 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2014 - 08:56 PM

I actually think the armor sets look the coolest, making ordinary pieces so much more thanks to a unique paint job. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#22 Offline Pohatu: Master of Stone

Pohatu: Master of Stone
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 980 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 12:48 PM

You seem to like Pakaris! (Is that even the correct plural form of Pakari?) Anyways, these are just beautiful!

Edited by RahkshiToa88, Apr 14 2014 - 01:54 PM.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

rahkshitoa.png

Credit to Voxumo for the sprite of my self-moc!

#23 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 162 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2014 - 08:30 PM

Argh I wish I had known this got frontpaged since I'm the PR and sales guy for Modalt... this WOULD have been awesome if Cod remembered to mention that they're for SALE.

Original sale topic: http://www.bzpower.c...t-custom-masks/

So yeah this shouldn't be moved to general art plz move back :P

I want all over that infected Miru. How many does he have I wonder?

We can make pretty much any amount of whatever (original) masks you want, and he can make identical copies of any previously made mask for the same normal price!

Custom masks are always interesting. And man, these are absolutely beautiful. You should sell these some day

We do, MisterCod forgot to mention that in the post. You can email us at modaltmasks@gmail.com for commissions, and see our sales page above for details and pricing!

You seem to like Pakaris! (Is that even the correct plural form of Pakari?) Anyways, these are just beautiful!

They're not MisterCod's favorite mask out of the original 12, but they are mine! :D

Edited by Steve the Squid, Apr 24 2014 - 08:30 PM.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#24 Offline Mr. Lightning Bolt

Mr. Lightning Bolt
  • Members
  • Toa

• 190 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2014 - 09:07 PM

So I just PM one of you guys?

Time is my frenemy. So is money. 
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

#25 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 162 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 25 2014 - 07:17 PM

So I just PM one of you guys?

You can PM me, but it would really be easier and faster if we used email; modaltmasks@gmail.com. Though if you really don't want to use email, we /can/ do PM.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#26 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 202 posts

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 11:20 AM

*-* These are amazing. I´m sure I have seen your Miru Nuva before elsewhere. Every mask is an achieved creative endeavor by itself. I really like the patters on the green Akaku; it gives the mask more personality. Whatsup with the odd triangle-eyed mask that's also in you av though? What is that?

#27 Offline Elissa

Elissa
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 220 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 08:15 PM

These are stunning. Lovely detail work. Can't imagine working that small. KUDOS!!

In LOVE with Tahu's Hau and the Akaku on the bottom. 

Edited by Elissa, Jun 04 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#28 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 162 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 12:48 AM

*-* These are amazing. I´m sure I have seen your Miru Nuva before elsewhere. Every mask is an achieved creative endeavor by itself. I really like the patters on the green Akaku; it gives the mask more personality. Whatsup with the odd triangle-eyed mask that's also in you av though? What is that?

It's our logo; a pakari with the top chopped of, and an M for Modalt put on. There's even an animation to go with it! http://modaltmasks.d...-Icon-410655956

#29 Offline DNZe

DNZe
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,411 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 10:11 AM

These are beautiful. The Akaku's detail and swirls are very well done and elegant, while the mask of light looks cell shaded and pops off of the page. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users