Set Review: 70127 Wolf Legend Beast

70127_Wolf_Legend_Beast_Review_teaser.jp

It's time for another Chima Month review! Today BZPower Forum Assistant Nuju Metru takes a look at 70127 Wolf Legend Beast. Will you give this dog a bone and take it home with you, or will some other Legends of Chima sets become man's best friend? And will you win a copy of this set for free? You'll have to read on to find out!

View the full article

Good review. Personally, I prefer the Wolf Legend Beast to the Lion Legend Beast. I like the shape of its legs and torso a bit better, as well as its color scheme. And it's fun putting the Wolf Legend Beast in adorable canine poses.

The oval shield is not really new in Transparent Light Blue, but the Legend Beast sets are the first ones to use it without printing. It was previously featured in this color as a targeting sight for a Galaxy Squad mech, and had a printed crosshairs.

The blade is indeed new in Transparent Light Blue, and only previously appeared in one set in Transparent Red, so it's quite a rare piece. There's also a free promotional set included with a European Legends of Chima magazine this year which includes this same blade piece in Transparent Light Blue, but other than that this is the only set to feature it in that color.

I do wish Worriz, Laval, and Cragger had their capes in these sets, but thankfully I have the capes from some of last year's sets if I should want to use them.

The emptiness of the back without Worriz riding it can be improved by adding one of these as a saddle. It fits remarkably well and flows with the curve of the back. The only problem is that it tends to collide with Worriz's sword and shield, which is probably part of the reason neither this nor any other sort of saddle was included.

The Wolf Legend Beast could have been even cooler if it had used Metallic Red instead of Dark Red for its armor stickers and printing, similar to how the Eagle Legend Beast uses Metallic Blue stickers and printing. However, this is not really a flaw, just a way the set could maybe have been made even cooler. The Dark Red looks quite nice, really.

I'm quite glad to have chosen the Wolf Legend Beast as my first Legend Beast set. It and the lion provide the most new joints you can get with any $10 Legend Beast or Mixels purchase, and the wolf is remarkably elegant in its design. Its neutral colors make it very valuable as a parts pack, and it has a lot of personality.

The minifig looks great in this set. The Wolf Legend Beast itself, on the other hand, kind of looks a little bland to me. I would take the Lion or Croc set over this one.

But anyway, thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Really, the Lion suffers from the same flatness problem on the sides. The only thing that improves it is that shoulder armor. Really, the wolf has a much better aesthetic, and the flatness looks okay if you just pose it in a way to tilt the legs a bit. I decided to pick it up today instead of the lion, partially for the looks, but I also like the parts it provides. The sword piece and the white slopes seem handy.