GPKK Auction: Ca, Ja, and Su

-Sidorak-

I am auctioning my 3 Gray Plastic Krana-Kal. A bit of history: These rare Krana were blank “un-metalized” prototypes for the VMKK and sent to members of the Bionicle Proto Squad in the summer of 2003. Each Proto Squad member received one randomly selected GPKK (of eight possible variations). Because of this, it’s been very difficult for anybody to complete a collection of all eight. In fact, I think only two collectors has been able to obtain them all. They’re some of my favorite masks in my collection, and some of the rarest Bionicle collectibles. If you want some sought-after pieces to add to your collection, don't miss these.

GPKK Ca: starting bid $250

GPKK Ja: starting bid $250

GPKK Su: starting bid $250

Auction will end in 5 days, but only 24 hours after the last bid has been placed. This is to prevent sniping. For example, if after 4 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes, someone bids, the auction will be extended 24 hours. I’m doing this is because I’ve been sniped in the last few eBay auctions I’ve bid on.

Good luck!

• Upvote 2

I really want that Ca, but the only decent things I could offer you are an MISB Pohatu Nuva, MISB Vhisola, and $164. I would love to get it as then I would have a GPKK and a VMKK Ca >.<

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

oh my ######! greg, how did you get them?

Hey man! Been a while. I got one through a trade, and one from a sale, and one by contacting an ex-Proto Squad member. Hope you've been doing well.

Edited by -Windrider-

oh my ######! greg, how did you get them?

Hey man! Been a while. I got one through a trade, and one from a sale, and one by contacting an ex-Proto Squad member. Hope you've been doing well.

Just PM'd you.

EDIT: I Tried to PM you, but it says you cannot receive any new messages. Is your inbox full?

Edited by -Windrider-

hTeXGIU.png

yeah, srry, i was quite busy, but i'll send an email (hopefully) tomorrow :) too bad i don't have spare cash, but even if i had, fighting with TLH is something, you can't win :D

Edited by -Windrider-

Just PM'd you.

EDIT: I Tried to PM you, but it says you cannot receive any new messages. Is your inbox full?

Yes, it was full. Try again now, I just deleted a message.

Edited by -Windrider-

Just wondering, how many GPKK were there total? I have the number 72 in my head, But I don't think that's right?

I know of 2,506 in public hands: 2,500 mailed to Proto Squad members in June 2003 plus 6 given by Lego to the administrator of another Bionicle site. Assuming all 8 variations were produced in equal amounts, that comes out to about 313 of each Krana type. What makes them so rare is that only a very small number of Proto Squad members were actually part of the online Lego/Bionicle communities. Most weren't. And now, 11 years later, the few that were have moved on. I'd wager at least 90% of all the VMKK and GPKK sent out that summer are collecting dust in boxes in attics and basements.

Just wondering, how many GPKK were there total? I have the number 72 in my head, But I don't think that's right?

I know of 2,506 in public hands: 2,500 mailed to Proto Squad members in June 2003 plus 6 given by Lego to the administrator of another Bionicle site. Assuming all 8 variations were produced in equal amounts, that comes out to about 313 of each Krana type. What makes them so rare is that only a very small number of Proto Squad members were actually part of the online Lego/Bionicle communities. Most weren't. And now, 11 years later, the few that were have moved on. I'd wager at least 90% of all the VMKK and GPKK sent out that summer are collecting dust in boxes in attics and basements.

perhaps someone should make a tv advert, might attract some public interest.

hTeXGIU.png

The question is, how would someone go about that? In this day and age, it would probably be cheaper and likely more widespread to do an online advertisement. Then you need to figure out how it's going to reach the biggest audience. Make it a sponsored Facebook ad? Paid advertisement on Google?

- :t::l::h:

• Upvote 1

The question is, how would someone go about that? In this day and age, it would probably be cheaper and likely more widespread to do an online advertisement. Then you need to figure out how it's going to reach the biggest audience. Make it a sponsored Facebook ad? Paid advertisement on Google?

- :t: :l: :h:

I'll have a look at facebook ads. so many people use that site, it may be worth a shot. If enough people fess up about their GPKK or VMKK, then it will cause a decrease in price and it will allow the less lucky fans to acquire some, because they will be more common. Perhaps we can work out a deal here lhikan.

hTeXGIU.png

wow, i didn't know there were "so many" of them (i thought, there are few hundreds at best, but definitely not thousands)! also, i didn't know, that word, which i used as a reference to a joke video is rude :D huh's getting smarter x)

@ facebook ads - that might work, also i'd try to bombard every bionicle & lego forum in the US (GPKK were only available in the US, right?), but as Greg pointed out, since most of the proto squad members weren't part of the communities, you'd have to open it with sthg like "were you part of bionicle proto squad? then i have a great deal for you" :D cause if they were kids (i guess, they were), they might forget & need to be reminded! or even worse, they'd look at the GPKK after all those years & say "what's this junk? eh, in a garbage you go!"

and does anyone know, how much VMKK were made? srry for OT...

wow, i didn't know there were "so many" of them (i thought, there are few hundreds at best, but definitely not thousands)! also, i didn't know, that word, which i used as a reference to a joke video is rude :D huh's getting smarter x)

@ facebook ads - that might work, also i'd try to bombard every bionicle & lego forum in the US (GPKK were only available in the US, right?), but as Greg pointed out, since most of the proto squad members weren't part of the communities, you'd have to open it with sthg like "were you part of bionicle proto squad? then i have a great deal for you" :D cause if they were kids (i guess, they were), they might forget & need to be reminded! or even worse, they'd look at the GPKK after all those years & say "what's this junk? eh, in a garbage you go!"

I'm fairly certain that while the numbers may have differed slightly, the number of VMKK is probably more or about equal to the number of GPKK. I'm guessing there's more though because they're easier to come by than GPKK. But there had to have been at least as many VMKK as GPKK.

- :t::l::h:

I'm fairly certain that while the numbers may have differed slightly, the number of VMKK is probably more or about equal to the number of GPKK. I'm guessing there's more though because they're easier to come by than GPKK. But there had to have been at least as many VMKK as GPKK.

I agree. Because of the Proto Squad, there are probably roughly equal amounts of GPKK and VMKK. But VMKK were (and still are) way more prolific than GPKK on this site because Lego sent a bunch of them to Bionicle Rex, an ex-BZP admin. BR distributed them to members in giveaways, and also sold some on Shop Mata Nui, a store BZP used to fund site upkeep. I never won a giveaway, but I remember some of the winners flipped their prizes for some quick cash, and the people that snapped them up were the members active in B/S/T at the time. Finally, the Unleashed van tour gave away VMKK (but no GPKK) as well.

How can you tell if it is a grey plastic Krana Kal? Is it non-flexible?

Also, it's a significantly lighter shade of gray than the Lehvak Va Krana. It's hard to tell in some pictures due to lighting, but there's a noticable difference.

Yep.