A tribute to YouTube's CinemaSins. This is just Part 1; if there's a positive response I'll start listing the sins for each saga.
1. The story is so long I’m only counting the main storyline, and no backstory.
2. BIONICLE takes place in a universe populated by beings with muscle tissue and a digestive system, but with metal armour for skin and often superpowers (most of which are based on the classical elements). These beings wear masks that grant them further powers, if they are of a species capable of using them. Excuse me, what?
3. The story lasted for ten years.
4. Nobody told me the name is short for Biological Chronicles until it was over.
5. There are literally 103,000 years of backstory. Granted, most of those years aren’t actually described in full, and the main storyline takes place over the course of approximately one year. But still. 103000 years!
6. Too. Many. Freaking. Characters. Like, 100-200 of them. And they all have detailed personalities and backstories. Some of them didn’t get their own sets. Some of them were never depicted in media!
7. I’m 70% sure the driving idea behind BIONICLE was “Hey! We should create a story where the heroes transform into new forms, so we can manufacture more LEGO sets and get more money off them!”
8. The names in the universe were based off Maori words in the beginning. After the Maori nation complained, they switched to Latin. The Vatican has made no objections to this.
9. BIONICLE is sexist. There are five tribes consisting entirely of males and one consisting entirely of females. And that tribe is the water tribe, implying that women must be soft and calm like water. Even if every single female character is a strong one, gender doesn’t have to exist in this universe, since there is no reproduction.