Super Smash Bros. Bionibrawl

Just A Dot

Super Smash Bros. BIONIBrawlA new Smash Bros. Brawl softmod inspired by BIONICLE.BIONIBrawl5.jpgLEGAL NOTICE: This softmod does not require use of the Homebrew Channel. There is a method called Smash Stack that I believe allows you to run mods without use of the Homebrew Channel. I have never used Smash Stack, so I cannot tell you about the risks of using it. This softmod is set up for use with Riivolution, a program that appears as a channel on your Wii. Riivolution can be set up easily with the Homebrew Channel. The download also includes the tools necessary to set up the Homebrew Channel. After installing Riivolution, the Homebrew Channel may be removed. Using the Homebrew Channel will remove the 90 day warranty on your Wii. Since most people have had their Wii for more than 90 days, this should not be a problem. The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act states that warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty, this may not apply as the Homebrew Channel is software, not a physical computer part.There is a small risk that your Wii will become bricked by setting up the Homebrew Channel, however, the risk of getting bricked by this is actually less then the risk of getting bricked by saving normal game data. There are no known records of anyone getting bricked from the Homebrew Channel, but I am putting this warning here just in case someone does get bricked. I am not responsible. Seeing as you only need to install one channel, there should be a 0% chance of you bricking. Not following the directions could lead to negative effects. Bricked Wiis can be recovered through a method called Boot Mii. Homebrew is legal, as long as it is not used for piracy. Riivolution will not worked with USB Loaders or burned disks, so you must have an original Super Smash Bros. Brawl disk to run BIONIBrawl. BIONIBrawl is not permanent, and will not mess up saved data (except for records relating to damage given and taken, as some moves have had their damage altered. This is not a big deal, and will not pose a serious problem.) Riivolution may be removed at any time, and BIONIBrawl will only boot up when Brawl is run through Riivolution. You must be using an NTSC-U version of Brawl, so this will only work to users in America. NTSC-J and PAL version currently are not being worked on. This may change in the future.And if you were someone who says "Too long, didn't read," it can be summarized as this is legal, safe, and will only work in America.Okay. Now that that is out of the way, let's get down to business.

BIONIBrawl

Super Smash Bros. BIONIBrawl is a Brawl softmod inspired by the BIONICLE story. A softmod is a hack, set up so that it will change a game. BIONIBrawl is not permanent, and will only run if you boot up Brawl through an included Wii channel called Riivolution. Brawl hacks are completely safe, as there are even tournaments run under hacks (usually Brawl+ or Project: M). To see a video of it in action, go to your favorite video site that BZPower censors out of posts, and type in "BIONIBrawl Preview Part 1". The first result by TheBeninatorj is the right video.

So how is this BIONICLE?

It's kind of BIONICLE. I am not good at making characters, so for Beta Version 1.0, there are no BIONICLE characters. This is going to change for version 2.0. Right now, there is a BIONICLE stage, Ta-Koro.

BIONIBrawl4.jpg

And there are more in the works.

Characters

BIONIBrawl6.jpg

This is an image of the new Character Selection Screen. As you can see, Mario has a new costume, Shadow Mario. Mario also has a Dr. Mario costume change. Luigi has both Mr. L and a really awesome costume, Peach has Rosalina, and a new Zero Suit, and Bowser now has a Dry Bowser costume change. You may also have noticed that there are two Bowsers, Warios, Captain Falcons, and more. Selecting the second Bowser (the one at the bottom) will allow you to play as Giga Bowser. And yes, he does take knockback. Under Wario is Warioman. Warioman is currently invincible, but that will change in the future. Near the right, there is a row going down that includes a second Captain Falcon, Zelda, Mario, and Kirby. These guys are actually the four Alloys. Alloys cannot shield, or grab ledges, but it is cool to play as them. You may also see that there is a Pokemon Trainer, but all three of his Pokemon appear as separate icons (twice.) Selecting Pokemon Trainer will result in a normal situation. The set of Pokemon on the left are pretty normal as well, but they will only switch when Down B is pushed (as opposed to when they die.) The third set is the Trainer Independent. They will never switch, and they lack the stamina all other Pokemon Trainer Pokemon have.

BIONIBrawl-1.jpg

Stages

BIONIBrawl8.jpg

BIONIBrawl9.jpg

OLD STAGES RETURN!

Yes, that is right. There are 17 returning stages from Melee and Smash 64 in BIONIBrawl that were left out of Brawl. 6 Supspace Stages are now available to battle on. Two completely new stages, Mini Temple (from Project: M), and Ta-Koro (my own creation) are also usable. In the preview video, Ta-Koro froze. Originally, it did freeze a lot. However, I found out what the problem was a few days ago. The Lava. So, unfortunately, you will have to fight on a Ta-Koro submerged in water. Ta-Koro is mostly a texture replacement of Delfino Plaza, but BIONIBrawl Beta Version 1.1 will feature working Lava. No gameplay differences from normal Delfino Plaza. However, it does feature new music. Hakann's Volcano (BIONICLE Heroes), Titan Battle (BIONICLE Heroes), and Kohlii Match (BIONICLE: Mask of Light). Many stages do feature new music. However, the in-match music titles do not display correctly. If they cannot be fixed, they will all be removed in 1.1. Correct music titles display in My Music and Sound Test (NOTE: In My Music, do NOT click on anything on the second page. The game will freeze. If it freezes at any time, hold down the Power Button on your Wii for 7 seconds. Everything should be fine.) Most old stages feature their original music. There are a few changes to stages. Any stage with a purple border around it is complete.

BIONIBrawl7.jpgBIONIBrawl3.jpgBIONIBrawl2.jpgBIONIBrawl1.jpg

Other Changes

Random tripping has been removed. The window for Dash Dancing has been increased in Beta Version 1.0, although that may change. Due to an odd glitch, you may now dash into your Down Smash (originally was only possible with an Up Smash.)

Glitches

For unknown reasons, both Mario's Fireball and Zero Suit Samus's Paralizer freeze the game. The Landmaster Final Smash freezes the game, and a few others cause a bit of lag. I recommend playing with items set to none, since they are currently untested. Peach's Castle 64 will freeze if you try to end the match with the pause menu. Playing through the match seems just fine.

Download

This is a large download, and will take a bit of time.

How to Install

Note: Due to BZPower's horrible word filter, whenever you see Indiana oh, I said a leet word - contact a moderator to take proto from me!, DO NOT REPORT ME. The word is P-W_Ns, but without the - and _.

You do not need the Homebrew Channel to run BIONIBrawl, however, it makes things easier. I have included Riivolution if you already have the Homebrew Channel. I also have included files needed for setting up the Homebrew Channel if you don't already have it. Remeber, the Homebrew Channel is safe and legal, but may violate your warranty. I have included the Indiana oh, I said a leet word - contact a moderator to take proto from me! installer, which requires a legally obtained version of LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. There are other methods, such as Twilight Hack (Twilight Princess), Bathaxx (LEGO Batman), and I have heard of a new one called Letterbomb that does not require any games. Google them for more information. If you are scared of Google, you can go to the Homebrew Channel page on Wikipedia. They link to the Homebrew Channel's website, where you can find the other installers for download. Here are instructions for the Indiana oh, I said a leet word - contact a moderator to take proto from me! method, as well as general instructions. If you have any questions, post in this topic or PM me. If you are unsure of what to do, SEEK OUT HELP. Steps 14-16 are the only phases that may present a risk to your Wii.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL

(See second set of instructions for details on Smash Stack, the Smash Bros. specific installer.)

1. On your Wii, remove the save data for LEGO Indiana Jones (or whatever game you are using). Put it on as SD card. Then copy all the contents of the SD card to your computer.

2. Download the file above.

3. Extract all the files included.

4. Open it. Inside is a folder called Riivolution Setup. Open that folder as well.

5. Inside, you should see four folders, entitled apps, brawlmods, private, and riivolution. A file called boot.elf is also available. Copy these to your SD Card.

6. If asked to, merge any folders. If it asks to replace any files, replace them. This will only affect the data for LEGO Indiana Jones, which can be recovered at the end.

7. Put the SD card in your Wii. Go to Data Management.

8. Select SD card. You should see three pieces of Indiana oh, I said a leet word - contact a moderator to take proto from me! data. Copy the one for America to your Wii.

9. Boot up LEGO Indiana Jones.

10. Select the file that has 0.0% game completion.

11. Head to the character customizer room.

12. Select the character on the left. THIS MUST BE DONE WITH ONE PLAYER.

13. Scroll through the icons under the characters until you get to the one that switches you to the custom character on the right. Click it.

14. READ CAREFULLY FROM HERE OUT.

15. The installer will appear. Follow the instructions, and select Install Homebrew Channel. DO NOT INSTALL BOOT MII UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

16. Hit exit.

17. You are now at the Homebrew Channel. You may unistall this when we are done.

18. Select Riivolution. This will bring you to the Riivolution program. Make sure your Brawl disk is inserted at this time.

19. If you want to remove the Homebrew Channel, click the install option. This will install Riivolution as a new channel on the Wii Menu.

20. Make sure all the settings are on "disabled", except for the option "code set." Set that to BIONIBrawl.

21. Click play and have fun!

22. You may now remove the Homebrew Channel from your Wii Menu by going to Data Management.

DETAILED SMASH STACK INSTALLER (CREDIT TO Toa Balta #3)

1. Move all your custom stages (including the three default ones) onto your SD card. This should form a folder named "private".2. Rename the folder "privateold" (or anything other than "private").3. Download

this and this.4. Extract the first file and put it in the root of your SD card. In the second file there should be a file called "boot.elf". Put this in the root of the SD card as well.5. Start up Brawl and go to custom stages again.6. The Homebrew Channel installer should come up. Select the option to install the Homebrew Channel.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL OR ANY OF THE GAMES LISTED

1. Go to everyone's favorite video site that BZPower filters out.

2. In the search bar, type in "install homebrew channel for wii 4.3u letterbomb"

3. Click the first result. That is a pretty good tutorial. It is by live4mods.

4. Once the Homebrew Channel is installed, download BIONIBrawl, extract it as explained above, and follow the steps from 17 onwards.

IF YOU HAVE THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL

1. Download and extract the files as listed above.

2. Copy the folders "brawlmods" and "riivolution", as well as the folder "riivolution" that is in the "apps" folder.

3. Treat Riivolution as a normal Homebrew app.

IF YOU ALREADY USE RIIVOLUTION

1. Replace the file apps/riivolution/modlauncher with the new one I included. This is still compatible with the old one, and is a bit updated.

2. Copy the "bionibrawl" folder into the "brawlmods" folder on your SD card.

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL

1. I really can't help you. I heard that the Smash Stack installer can be edited in some way to launch mods without installing the Homebrew Channel, but be warned: I don't know everything that it does, other then that it launches both Brawl+ and Brawl- without Riivolution or the Homebrew Channel. I assume that it works with any softmods.

(Note: BIONIBrawl will not work with Gecko OS. Gecko does not support new files bigger than the originals. Riivolution does. Using Riivolution will lock your SD card, making you unable to save pictures or replays to it, or access custom stages. To get around this, after successfully seting up Riivolution, copy the "apps" "riivolution" and "brawlmods" folders from your SD card to a USB Flash Drive. Delete them from the card, and put the flash drive in your Wii. Start Riivolution normally. If you have other Homebrew apps, only delete the folders "riivolution" and "apps/riivolution".)

FAQ

!#$% Annoying Questions

Q: How can you have an FAQ if no one has asked a question yet?A: I will fill this up the the questions that I think will be asked frequently.Q: Will you ever update the FAQ when new questions are asked?A: Yes.Q: So, you made this softmod yourself?A: Somewhat. I edited Balanced Brawl files and Brawl- files, and I downloaded some files.Q: Do you have a life?A: Indeed I do.Q: Really?A: Are you going to ask questions about the moderator or not?Q: Fine.A: Good. Ask away.Q: Is the download legal?A: Yes. Brawl modifications are run all the time, and some tournaments run on Brawl+, Project M, Balanced Brawl, etc. The Homebrew Channel is legal if you don't pirate games. All it does is run unofficial applications for your Wii. All you will need is Riivolution, which can only run softmod, so you are fine. And I didn't actually use any original Brawl files, either. All of them were edited from Brawl- and Balanced Brawl and other softmods.Q: Is the download safe?A: No. Your computer will spontaneously combust and your Wii will transfigure into a giant black hole of death and eat your family.Q: That's horrible! Why would you do something like that?A: I was being sarcastic. As I said before: mods are run all the time. They are completely safe.Q: Whoa! Awesome Character Selection Screen!A: Thanks.Q: Why are some characters down twice?A: The set of Mario, C. Falcon, Zelda, and Kirby are the Alloys, the second Bowser is Giga Bowser, Wario is Warioman, and the second set of Pokemon Trainer Pokemon are just those Pokemon.Q: What about Pokemon?A: The first set, when picked, will only switch if you press Down B. Not when you die. The second set will never switch, don't have the stamina thing, and currently lack Final Smashes. Soon to be changed.Q: Cool! I can play as Giga Bowser, Warioman, and the Alloys?A: Yes, although the Alloys cannot shield or grab ledges, and Warioman will not die.Q: That's lame.A: Thanks for your support.Q: Whoa! What's with the Stage Selection Screen?A: I expanded it to allow for more stages. You can currently access about 25 new stages.Q: Are all old stages going to be there?A: I'll try. There is this thing called the Alternate Stage Loader, that can make it so that when you select a stage, you can choose which version to go to. For instance, I want to make it so that when you select Battlefield, you can choose between Brawl, Melee, 64, and the desert Battlefields. That way, I can save space on the Stage Selection Screen.Q: Will there be any non-BIONICLE stages?A: I hope to include all stages from both Melee and Smash 64. In fact, that's what most of them are.Q: AWESOME!A: I know.Q: Why do some stages say "Empty Stage" and others have X's?A: If a stage says "Empty Stage" in the preview image, but still has an icon, then you can go there, and I still have add the preview. If the icon is an X, and the stage name is "Empty Stage," then clicking on the stage will freeze your Wii. Just look at the stage name. If the name says "Empty Stage", it is incomplete or empty. If it has a name, feel free to go there.Q: HEY! It locked up on me!A: I know. It does that sometimes.Q: Could you give me a warning?A: Fine. Some stages lock up when transformation Final Smashes are used (like Giga Bowser, or the Landmaster.) To avoid this, shut off all items. I assume that things like the Dragoon will freeze the game as well. I will try to work some way around the freezes, but for now, just don't use items. Selecting Ta-Koro will froze the game in the preview video, but this has since been fixed. Ending a match prematurely on Peach's Castle (64) will cause the Wii to lock up. Luigi's Mansion has been reported to freeze by a few Beta Testers, but I have not experienced anything of the sort.Q: Why do some stages look awesome while others look terrible?A: Because I suck at model replacement.Q: I only see one BIONICLE stage.A: I have a few more incomplete.Q: What is up with Shadow Moses Island?A: That was my testing grounds. It was accidentally included in the download. 1/3 times, you will come to a glitched up stage. The other times, you will be fine. The glitched stage should not freeze at all.Q: So is that it?A: No, I will have more stages, and new characters as well.Q: Like who?A: Definitely Tahu.Q: AWESOME!A: Thanks.Q: Can this go online?A: Yes.Q: Really?A: Yes. Although playing with someone not using this modification can cause the game to desynch.Q: Then who will play it with me?A: You can trade friend codes with anyone else using BIONIBrawl to play online together.Q: Is there any music?A: Yes.Q: Where from?A: The BIONICLE films, BIONICLE Heroes, the Mata Nui Online Game, other places, etc.Q: Wow. How come the music titles display in My Music, but when in a match, it says "Multi Man Melee 1" on the side, but plays "Avatar: The Last Airbender"?A: The titles for in-match music are not working right. The music plays just fine, and you can see the titles in My Music. Just ignore the in match titles until the next update. BUT DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE STAGES ON THE SECOND PAGE IN MY MUSIC. ALL ADDED STAGES ONLY PLAY ONE SONG, SO YOU DON'T NEED TO CLICK THERE ANYWAY.Q: When will the next update be?A: You can expect one around early December.Q: Sounds like you are working hard.A: It's a lot of work for one person.Q: Can I help?A: If you know what you are doing, PM me. We'll talk.Q: This sounds nice. I'm going to get playing. Anything else you wish to tell me?A: Yes. There is a contest.Q: Contest?

Contest

There are three images of my old avatar, the Hypercube, hidden in BIONIBrawl. They don't move, but are recognizable. If you can find all three of them before anyone else, as well as a secret hidden Can of Coke, and PM me detailed descriptions of their locations, you can design one (1) stage based off the BIONICLE saga. I will update this section after they have all been found. The stage will be included in a future version of BIONIBrawl. Offer expires March 13th, 2012 at 11:59EST. Beta testers for version 1.0 are not eligable to compete. Seeing as there are currently no beta testers on BZPower, this should not be a problem.

Staff

Me - Creator/Designer, Coder, File Editor, Leader

Ember - Beta Tester (1.0, 1.1)

Brooks - Beta Tester (1.0)

rulerofyourface - Composer

Special Thanks

Thanks goes to the following people:

ShadowMario1996 - Shadow Mario texture

cx_asuka - Awesome Luigi texture, Dry Bowser

DrPanda - Mr. L, Zero Suit Peach

Julz - Rosalina

lensho - Zero Suit Peach

Eldiran - Giga Bowser

Nazo - Battlefield

Nintendo

Sega

Konami

All Original Companies

Brawl- Team

Balanced Brawl Team

Nathan Furst

Greg Farshtey

LEGO

And an extra special thanks to WackaAlpaca. Mr. Alpaca is the master Brawl hacker, and taught me everything I know (except for character texture replacement). He is trying to help me with the Ta-Koro lava issue now. This modification would really never have existed without his help.

Banners

I haven't got around to making banners yet. Feel free to whip one up for me.

Have fun!*

You can find videos on your favorite video site that BZPower censors out for some reason, and we have a page on a social networking site. Just type in BIONIBrawl and like our page to receive weekly updates..

*This is a requirnment. Failure to have fun will result in death. Or worse.

Edited by The Beninator

Wow, that filter oh, I said a leet word - contact a moderator to take proto from me!.Anyway, pretty cool. Although it's kind of strange that the only BIONICLE-related part is Ta-Koro... -- :ruru:

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Wow, that filter oh, I said a leet word - contact a moderator to take proto from me!.Anyway, pretty cool. Although it's kind of strange that the only BIONICLE-related part is Ta-Koro... -- :ruru:

Well, there is a bit of BIONICLE music in there (from the films. That stuff was the best.) And I am going to have more stages and characters. It's just a bit of work for one person.

This looks interesting. However, I don't have SSBB yet, so I can't try it out. Any chance you could put up a video tutorial to help with installation? (granted, Wii is the easiest game system to moderator, but when it comes to modding stuff I flat-out suck. :P)

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I flat-out suck-Hyper Rarity

lol i coudnlt resist and minecraft is easy to moderator, so dont feel terrible.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

The word m-o-d comes out as moderator for some reason.

That's because of BZP's word filter. That should really be changed.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

It's because it's also the initials of another popular LEGO forum.IIRC Gatanui mentioned that they might change that.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

It's because it's also the initials of another popular LEGO forum.IIRC Gatanui mentioned that they might change that.
Oh, that other Bionicle fansite. Now it makes sense (kinda).

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Oh, that other Bionicle fansite. Now it makes sense (kinda).
BZPower feels they have competition :P It's probably more of "we cannot guarantee that the content will be suitable for children."

Very interesting. Are you planning to swap every character so they look like BIONICLEs? WEEGEE

I'm planning on adding new characters, and possibly removing the Alloys. I don't want to get rid of many core fighters, however. If I was going to, Olimar, R.O.B., Ness, and Lucas would be first to go (as well as every other character I have a biased hate towards.)

Very interesting. Are you planning to swap every character so they look like BIONICLEs? WEEGEE

I'm planning on adding new characters, and possibly removing the Alloys. I don't want to get rid of many core fighters, however. If I was going to, Olimar, R.O.B., Ness, and Lucas would be first to go (as well as every other character I have a biased hate towards.)
Shame it has to be Ness and Lucas that you hate, and nice so basically making PSAs. I wish I could help you, but sadly I have no PSA knowledge at all.Also good luck on the project, can't wait to see results! :D WEEGEE

Very interesting. Are you planning to swap every character so they look like BIONICLEs?WEEGEE

Shame it has to be Ness and Lucas that you hate, and nice so basically making PSAs. I wish I could help you, but sadly I have no PSA knowledge at all.Also good luck on the project, can't wait to see results! :biggrin:WEEGEE
Sorry, those guys just annoy me. And I have a very limited PSA knowledge as well, but I should be able to pull it off.BTW, I suck at 3D modelling. Is there anyone better than me?

Very interesting. Are you planning to swap every character so they look like BIONICLEs?WEEGEE

Shame it has to be Ness and Lucas that you hate, and nice so basically making PSAs. I wish I could help you, but sadly I have no PSA knowledge at all.Also good luck on the project, can't wait to see results! :biggrin:WEEGEE
Sorry, those guys just annoy me. And I have a very limited PSA knowledge as well, but I should be able to pull it off.BTW, I suck at 3D modelling. Is there anyone better than me?
It's all cool, lots of people hate them.And for the 3D modelling, there is a site, but I'm not allowed to mention it as it has forums, but it's a Brawl Hacking site that has lots of people that are good at making 3D Models, Vertexing, and all that.WEEGEE

It's all cool, lots of people hate them.And for the 3D modelling, there is a site, but I'm not allowed to mention it as it has forums, but it's a Brawl Hacking site that has lots of people that are good at making 3D Models, Vertexing, and all that.WEEGEE
I know what you are talking about. I'll search there for help, or a guide on how to become better.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering about the current status of BIONIBrawl, I took a break after the release and started working again last weekend. The next version will definitely have more stages, including Onu-Koro and The Coliseum. The Coliseum will be my first attempt at remodelling a stage (Ta-Koro was mostly texture replacement), and will feature the music that played when the Vahki and tornado attacked the Toa in LoMN. I started working on a Tahu character, and by work, I mean I drew a few pictures of him shooting fireballs :P. The next update will come early January, with more stages, more character edits, and possibly a fully playable Tahu.

You may want to include instructions for installing the Homebrew Channel using the Smash Stack method. It's very simple, and it only requires Brawl and an SD card.1. Move all your custom stages (including the three default ones) onto your SD card. This should form a folder named "private".2. Rename the folder "privateold" (or anything other than "private").3. Download this and this.4. Extract the first file and put it in the root of your SD card. In the second file there should be a file called "boot.elf". Put this in the root of the SD card as well.5. Start up Brawl and go to custom stages again.6. The Homebrew Channel installer should come up. Select the option to install the Homebrew Channel.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Seems cool. I know almost nothing about the Homebrew Brawl modding business and such, but maybe I'll download this. Thing is, I want a good softmod that doesn't change any existing things, only adds characters, stages, and music.And if you plan to add any Nintendo characters that should be in, Skull Kid must be there. He has been in three Zelda games (maybe four, if he was in Skwyard Sword, I don't have that one yet). Toon Link has been in three, one at the time of Brawl. Skull Kid deserves a place in Brawl.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Seems cool. I know almost nothing about the Homebrew Brawl modding business and such, but maybe I'll download this. Thing is, I want a good softmod that doesn't change any existing things, only adds characters, stages, and music.And if you plan to add any Nintendo characters that should be in, Skull Kid must be there. He has been in three Zelda games (maybe four, if he was in Skwyard Sword, I don't have that one yet). Toon Link has been in three, one at the time of Brawl. Skull Kid deserves a place in Brawl.

As for Nintendo characters, Roy and Mewtwo may be it. The Character Selection Screen can only hold so many people, and I am working on adding Tahu (moveset complete, except side-B freezes, and he can't walk or move around unless he jumps.) For Tahu, picture Ganondorf with a sword and Marth/Ike/Roy's movesets mixed together, with a few new moves (such as Fireball Side B.)You say you only want new characters, stages, etc. without changing the physics? Well, you are in luck. I am planning on removing the Dash Dancing and the Dash Cancelling (and since one of them is causing the Dash into your Down Smash option, that too.) This means the only change to the physics is the removal of random tripping.

Random tripping removed? YES!!!That's the worst thing about Brawl.And I'm really glad there are more stages and characters. Tahu seems like an awesome fit. Mewtwo and Roy would be nice additions too. Oh, and maybe a Dark Samus costume for Samus? Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

YEAH! Dr. Mario costume for Mario, of course (or just Dr. Mario as a character.)Oh, and stage idea: Assuming this whole retexturing business is copying an existing stage, then modifying texture, appearance, slightly, you should make "the Forge"-a Legends of Metru Nui based stage, and Morbuzahk (if that's how his name is spelled) is in the background, like either the Pokemon dude on Spear Pillar or that thing on Halberd, and he sometimes slams his roots into the stage, so you have to dodge.Sound good?

YEAH! Dr. Mario costume for Mario, of course (or just Dr. Mario as a character.)Oh, and stage idea: Assuming this whole retexturing business is copying an existing stage, then modifying texture, appearance, slightly, you should make "the Forge"-a Legends of Metru Nui based stage, and Morbuzahk (if that's how his name is spelled) is in the background, like either the Pokemon dude on Spear Pillar or that thing on Halberd, and he sometimes slams his roots into the stage, so you have to dodge.Sound good?

I am currently working on Ono-Koro (retexture of Mario Circuit), The Coliseum (retexture and remodel of Pokemon Stadium), and a playable Tahu. Of those, Onu-Koro works. But I do like your idea. I'll see if I can work something like that in.

AWESOME!!!You and ll the others that helped make this game have combined the best two things: Brawl, and BionicleI'll have to ask my cousin if he can download it to the wii.(^'.')>ninja kirby

For the most part, it was just me making this :/My sister helped a bit, but we share a computer, so I ended up working on it with her. And besides us, we had another tester, who is a friend of mine, and some guy who I found on another website who rights music (and remixed the BIONICLE theme for me.)

Thanks for considering my stage idea. It'd probably be more similar to the Halberd stage though, as far as something in the background attacking.Oh and what would be funny is if you added a Bohrok as a Poke Ball.

Thanks for considering my stage idea. It'd probably be more similar to the Halberd stage though, as far as something in the background attacking.Oh and what would be funny is if you added a Bohrok as a Poke Ball.

I'm not entirely sure how you edit the characters that come out of Poke Balls, so they are probably going to stay as is.

As texture swaps, I'd like to suggest Pichu, Fierce Deity Link, Funky Kong, and Metal Sonic. You can use the CSPs I've made for them if you want.EDIT: Also, just so you know, the instructions I gave are just for a different way installing the Homebrew Channel, not the method for using softmods without the Homebrew Channel/Riivolution.:t::b::3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Thanks for the portraits Balta.Unfortunately, my computer has been experiencing some problems lately, and is not really usable. I have to fix it up, then fix up the hardware a bit, and will probably then switch my OS from Windows XP to Linux. I mainly use two editors for Brawl hacking, Brawlbox and PSA (and Photoshop to make textures.) I can most likely find software similar to Photoshop, and I heard that Brawlbox runs with Linux, but I don't believe PSA works with anything other than Windows. I will search for ways to get this done, but I have not worked on BIONIBrawl for about a week, and will not be able to for a while longer. That, mixed with the fact that both school and my social life are now back after summer (I modded most in July-August), have caused me to put BIONIBrawl production on hold. You may expect a new update around late February.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd give anyone who cares an update:My computer appears to be running again, minus the internet, which is why I haven't been posting too much on BZPower. Nothing major in BIONIBrawl has been lost, and I have run out of ideas for possible solutions to the glitches I have been experiencing on my Coliseum stage. So it is time for me to contact the Brawl hacking masters. You can expect a new version to be uploaded February-March. I apologize for the delay. I learned of a way too add characters, activated similarly to the old way of starting a match as Zero Suit Samus. You will be able to hold down a button to start a match as Tahu (who is pretty glitchy.)BTW, would you guys rather have an individual victory theme for every character, or one for each game series?

This sounds very exciting. Sad that I won't be able to enjoy it (Don't have a Wii anymore), however I have some friends that would love this. From what I can see, Ta-Koro looks well done. Looking forward to seeing some new characters. Going to be keeping a close eye on this.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

New characters wont be too great because I have no idea what I am doing with 3D modling. A moveset is in the works for Tahu, but I have been testing this with a badly retextured Ganondorf (with a sword.) I will put some time into trying to learn how to edit character models.

Edited by The Beninator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably the best Q&A ever. XD

Thanks!An update to whoever may care, the guy who may be helping with with the Tahu PSA also has a Ta-Koro stage, ripped from BIONICLE: The Game. However, much like mine, it is extremely glitchy. I am helping him solve the problems, but when the next update is released, you may be treated to TWO Ta-Koro stages (if I can also get mine to run properly.)Also, I have downloaded many character textures for the existing characters. By many, I mean about 70.