Makuta *after* gender

so I was wondering, after the Makuta's transformation from flesh to nothing, how would one find out there gender? Do the "females" have a more slender look then the "males". I do know Makutas can change there voice, so that's not part of the question, and they can change there looks, too. Does it all depend on what the Makuta feels more like?

• Upvote 1

The_Mutran_Chronicles.png

".Just because it can be done, does not mean it should.."-.xXgamerDamianXx

GREAT EXP.....mutran.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

Feminine programming versus male programming. Though we have seen an alternate Teridax disguise himself as Tuyet, it was merely for deceptive purposes. I'm not sure they can just change like that.
On that note, however, you could ask what would have made them different in the first place? Males don't have male parts, and female don't have female parts--at least, not the ones we're familiar with. So, even beforehand, how would they have known the difference? It's simply how they're programmed.

Though, I have to assume bonesii will be along soon enough with a more detailed answer.

signoffffff.png

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

How to find out their gender? Ask them. If not that, then, assuming none of them have made any sort of transition, their reputation probably precedes them anyway. Basically, there's more to it than body. The 2008 Gorast set was anything but a standard picture of femininity.

Edited by bonesiii
Please respect others, including staff. -bones
  • Upvote 2

I actually asked Greg a while back about differences between genders in Bionicle. He said that really, the only way to tell is by voice and elemental affiliation. The females and males don't really have any significant difference in body structure or any parts that may distinguish them.

• Upvote 1

I think that by the time they went "from flesh to nothing", all the Makuta were well acquainted enough to just know who was who and thus what all their genders were. Like others have said, it's just voice and behavior, so interacting with a Makuta will be enough to let you know.

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Even before the transformation there was no anatomical difference between males and females of the Makuta Species, nor between the sexes of any species within the Matoran Universe. That has not changed. Unless there is an overt body structure (here's looking at you, Roodaka), then the only way to tell is voice, elemental affiliation (Matoran only as far as we know are strictly divided on Elemental lines when it comes to sex), or by asking. And relying on MU inhabitant body structure would have to be supplemented by voice, and possible element division anyway. It has been shown that they can rebuild their bodies.

Not that they really have 'sexes' in the conventional sense, as they don't have biological differences, but as you're asking about a trait that is assigned in the programming... 'sex' is probably a more right term than 'gender' which can be a lot less concrete and different than assignment, though we haven't seen anything like that in BIONICLE nor would I imagine that we would have. Gotta love controversy!! Wheeeee!

All that to say, their sex is assigned by programming, though we have certainly seen a range on the masculine-feminine continuum of traits within the categories of sex from Gorast (blood and murder) to Gali (warrior and healer), and Vakama to Teridax (assign your own perceptions of those two).

Edited by bonesiii
Removed quote from previous edited post. -bones

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

In case anyone is wondering what the heck the purpose of having the gender/sex thing at all when building biomechanical lifeforms to run a giant robot that were not supposed to have sapience and when they developed a culture canonically have no romance and no reproductive processes, I'm guessing it's just 'cause, like humans, the Great Beings probably assigned feminine and masculine qualities to everything 'cause that's just what they do. It makes sense for them to program that into a whole population of living things, and apparently blue things seem the ideal choice to be the females to 'em. Sooo that's how that applies to Makuta, they were just programmed that way and even when they're in their antidermis state their consciousness still has those gendered elements that come out when they speak and interact with others. Yep. Thaaat's just a little follow-up, I guess.

• Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Gender is an artificial construct.

The Makuta knows this.

After all, we know that Makuta are essentially born from the same base energy (or, given their association with Nothing and anti-life, "anti-energy"). Inevitably, when you part of the unifying force of void and entropy, it would stand to reason that some Makuta would have the false sense of grandeur to proclaim themself as "the individual", the one amidst many.

Of course, this becomes fallacious when inevitably they all serve the same purpose anyway, and in many ways all have the same mind, this only further drives them to doing stunning and horrible feats of power, literally sacrificing all else to chase that doomed desire, and that drives them further into pure madness.

Which, as stated, only serves to accelerate the grand purpose of that Makuta-nature.

Gender in Makuta are thus, only a side-product of this failing endeavor of finding the Self.

Since Agori can bioligically reproduce, surely they have genders, and ways of identification?

How do Agori relate to Makuta. Why should Agori relate to Makuta.

Edited by SarracenianKaijin

hereheis.gif

--------------

Reach Heaven by Violence.

And while you are at it, see Bionicle characters as Magical Girls.

Keep in mind that the Makuta didn't evolve until after Teridax took over from Misterix, so there was plenty of time for the Makuta to get to know each other and become familiar with who was who, and so forth. So once they did evolve, it's not surprising that they remembered, "Oh, Gorast is a girl..." it would just be common knowledge among their own. As far as others go, well Gorast did have a reputation in her own land, so no one will likely forget what gender she was, unless she purposefully shapeshifted to disguise herself. After quite a few thousand years, it wouldn't be that big a deal.

Since Agori can bioligically reproduce, surely they have genders, and ways of identification?

Well, yes Kiina was female for starters, so yes they do have genders.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

AH! I thank all of you for the awesome info.! ive been questioning for awhile on this matter and it seems I got a great answer, er, many great answers! I truly thank all of you.

The_Mutran_Chronicles.png

".Just because it can be done, does not mean it should.."-.xXgamerDamianXx

GREAT EXP.....mutran.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.