Legendary Mask Question

Aho

Just a quick question about the nature of Legendary Masks… could two simultaneously exist in the mainstream universe? I mean, I've always thought that since they representative of fundamental parts of the MU, they directly correlate with said parts (if everything in the MU unexpectedly died, or if the mask was destroyed, the other be affected), and if two, lets say, Ignika's existed, would it upset the balance of the MU? What if one was destroyed but the other remained? Could the Mask of Creation let Artakha create another Legendary? Just a thought ^_^

No.

That's the short answer. :P Long answer is long... but basically it's how the GBs chose to set things up and there's various theories as to how it works exactly.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Most likely there would not be an effect until one was broken or used excessively. The Legendary masks have always appeared to me to be dangerous because they contain so much power, not because they are intrinsically bound to the reality itself. Ejecting the Ignika into space was after all a solution to its "kill everything" ability, and breaking the mask while it's in space would not suddenly affect the MU systems. It's like a nuclear reactor: it is harmless before it's built, and once built it gives you access to immense power but does not change the nature of nuclear physics in the world.

So yeah, I think you could bring in 3 or 4 extras from alternate dimensions without breaking anything at all. Better keep a constant look on them, though.

• Upvote 2

No.

That's the short answer. :P Long answer is long... but basically it's how the GBs chose to set things up and there's various theories as to how it works exactly.

Wow. I think this goes on record as Bonesiii's shortest post. Ever.

About the topic at hand, though, I'm not really sure, and we can't really be certain, since (as far as I know) it has never actually been discussed in-canon.

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 2
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I just always figured that it would be impossible 'cause all the conditions and materials for the creation are so unique and rare that basically only one could exist 'cause it would just be impossible to make a second one. The Vahi, for example, required all those special disks and Vakama's skills and if I'm not mistaken, didn't he have visions about it? And the Ignika was forged in like, crazy conditions way way back. I think that if a second version of a Legendary mask were made, it would just be a dud until the original was destroyed and all that power would have to be re-contained in the new mask.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .