Eleraffe M9 (Miss Malone’s Magnificent Mechanized Mammal Modeled Mist

Inspired by Dali's The Elephants (this), Karlson's butt propeller (here), and my love of giraffes, I made this whimsical thing:

sbc-entry-lowrez-small.jpg

I had a loooot of fun with it, and discovered I had more tan pieces than I even knew existed :P

---------------------------------
Just a little rundown of the motorcopter:

* I made the head and body those of an elephant, and the neck and legs like that of a giraffe, and I also stuck those little antler horn things giraffes have on its head 'cause they're so adorable.

* The pilot has a full set of controls and a swiveling and inclining chair so that she's always upright and can face in any direction, and it comes with a little sunshade that can be positioned over the head to block direct sunlight.

*The elephant trunk is capable of curling around and picking up objects, good for sorting through ruins or picking things up and also helps with stabilization and balance in flight, so that's handy. The eyes function as headlights of a sort.

*The big ol' ears can swivel to a horizontal position to pick up some air or go back down to a vertical stance to function as brakes, also very helpful.

*The two blue pieces where the stands meet the aircraft are just there to make the separation more visible.

*The neck can lift the pilots seat and the "head" of the craft all the way up or all the way down for whatever reason Miss Malone would wanna do that, and the default position is with the head down below the "body".

*The main hull has a lot of exposed machinery, some of which connects up to the rotor blades, and if you peek inside there's a glass structure with a power source. The power source, in case you're wondering, is the dreams of children (probably). The legs and itty bitty tail just sort of dangle.
-----------------------------

The gallery is here, and until it goes public I'm inserting direct links to some photos: 04 08 09 10 13 16 17

So yeah, that's my thing. Hope y'all like it? Comments, crits, anecdotes, whatever, leave 'em here :)

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 3

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .