^Click for link to flickr set^
So as those of you who read my blog know, this is a crab MOC based on the claw formed from the new beast jaws. I've spent quite some time struggling to come up with a way to put the red spikes on it that looks most visually pleasing. The end result seen here is based on some suggestions from Makaru, whose recommendation of spiking the outer edge of the shell worked rather well once I figured out how to do it.
There's a bottom view in the photos, but like most of my MOCs, the bottom is a part you should really never see because I never bother cleaning it up, under the assumption that, on display, no one will see it. On the bright side, it means you can see how I got the body to work out the way it did, which I personally think is rather clever.
Also, I'm gonna hurry up and send this on the convention circuit with a couple other MOCs, so keep an eye out for it!