MNOLG-Style Animation Series (Episode 3 Complete)

emily

episode2.png

This is my big project. I cannot even begin to describe how much Templar's work on BIONICLE has meant to me, but suffice to say what they created is perhaps my most cherished story. I want to be able to pay homage to Templar, as a way of saying thanks, and this is how I am doing it.

For those unfamiliar with this project, these animations are made to complement the ones Templar produced for BIONICLE in 2002. It may not be apparent how they are connected yet, but eventually they will fill in the blanks left by Templar's animations. Templar's work was, of course, perfectly functional as a story, but they covered so much ground in so little time that not everything could be shown. This project is sort of going back and looking at the things skipped over.

I'm not completely satisfied with these animations (especially the first one, that one's awful), but I am new to Flash and I've intentionally used this first, three-part arc as a testing ground for my animation abilities. Future installments will have a greater focus on plot and character development.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

I appreciate any and all feedback.

• Upvote 9

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

A few small things might give away that you are new to Flash, but I could see from the latest episode that you have pretty much reached Templar's standard when it comes to animation. :) Nice to see the various mask powers being utilized for what they are worth as well.

I'll be watching this topic for any future installments.

• Upvote 2

While I know this is a fanwork using limited assets, but there's not a whole lot of excitement in these. Characters seem to exist on a primarily 2D plane here, like sprites in an MSPaint comic than the actual thing. The camera-angles are rarely interesting and seem to be mostly static.

I commend it as a beginner's work, but nothing more to be honest.

• Upvote 2

hereheis.gif

--------------

Reach Heaven by Violence.

And while you are at it, see Bionicle characters as Magical Girls.

A few small things might give away that you are new to Flash, but I could see from the latest episode that you have pretty much reached Templar's standard when it comes to animation. :) Nice to see the various mask powers being utilized for what they are worth as well.

I'll be watching this topic for any future installments.

Thank you, this is great to hear. I wanted to be sure to get a fair amount of action in with Kanohi powers, since in general they seemed underused in the official BIONICLE continuity, despite being really fun to work with.

While I know this is a fanwork using limited assets, but there's not a whole lot of excitement in these. Characters seem to exist on a primarily 2D plane here, like sprites in an MSPaint comic than the actual thing. The camera-angles are rarely interesting and seem to be mostly static.

I commend it as a beginner's work, but nothing more to be honest.

Thank you for giving your honest opinion, I appreciate it. If may ask, did you watch the third animation? Maybe it is just my perspective as the creator clouding my vision, but I feel that it might have addressed some of the issues you describe.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Nice work! It's great to see Templar-inspired work like this. Many have tried, with mixed results, but this series is the best yet.

Something to think about while working on the next installment is perhaps make the characters move a little smoother and faster. There were some short instances where nothing appeared to be happening, which is fine if said instances are short enough. But if people notice that there's a pause here and there, then said pause should probably be a little shorter. I noticed this most in the fight sequence with Kopaka.

• Upvote 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

• 2 weeks later...

Great Job I can not wait for the next one!

Edit: Please try to leave some more constructive feedback next time!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

These are all brilliant![:D] I love them, Tazakk[;)] Just one thing though: Maybe speed up the animations of their movements and talking a little bit?[:P] Because they look like they're doing Kapura impressions at the moment[:P] It might be just my browser though, that's making it slow...[:P] Nonetheless, excellent job[;P]

cLT23Pz.png

As ever Tazakk, very impressed by your work. I always wonder how you get the scenery to look so nice using parts of the game. I myself have been mustering up background for MNOG 1.5 ,so I know it's tough to do.

Just curious, what program do you use to animate? I want to start learning how to make these animations for out game :)

-T

Tu2d6W7.jpg

As ever Tazakk, very impressed by your work. I always wonder how you get the scenery to look so nice using parts of the game. I myself have been mustering up background for MNOG 1.5 ,so I know it's tough to do.

Just curious, what program do you use to animate? I want to start learning how to make these animations for out game :)

-T

I use Adobe Flash CS6. Good luck in your work on MNOG 1.5. The game seems to be coming along well!

-T

I use Adobe Flash CS6. Good luck in your work on MNOG 1.5. The game seems to be coming along well!

Thanks! :) Its interesting, we both have different fan media of the same saga, it will be interesting to see how they compare in the end when we reach ko-koro :) (which should be next chapter ;))

Tu2d6W7.jpg

• 5 weeks later...