• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toa Kumo

toa green mata bionicle kumo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ras

Ras
  • Members
  • Toa

• 157 posts

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 11:29 AM

This is one of my newer Toa, I decided to make him Toa Kumo, of Air and plantlife. He is my idea of a basic Toa in the Bionicle universe and he is just one of my favorite characters to play with.

http://i57.photobuck...zpsb4c6d9ab.jpg

http://i57.photobuck...zps3ac5fa88.jpg

#2 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 362 posts

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 12:16 PM

That's a nice idea; however, it's only Lewa Mata with different arms, hands, and a Hau. Everything else about the set is exactly the same.
I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend [url=http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11507-bionicle-nova-orbis-new-world/Nova Orbis, an awesome comic series by NickonAquaMagna.

Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

Bionicle is returning in 2015!

#3 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,662 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 07:30 PM

The switching out of the arms and hands for what you've got definitely gives the Toa a unique feel to the Toa Mata, as it's quite noticeable. The green Hau looks nice, I'd never actually seen one used on a figure rather than laid out in a collection of Kanohi. There's really not much else to say about it; like Artakha's Nephew pointed out, it's basically just a slight twist on Lewa and doesn't have anything particularly interesting going on in the build department. Very lovely photographs, though! :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#4 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 362 posts

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 07:55 PM

Giving the guy a pair of hands, as opposed to the original Mata arms which lacked wrists, was definitely a good move. You could try modifying him to make even more articulation possible; that both increase the figure's aility to be posed, and serve to differentiate him from Lewa a bit more.
I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend [url=http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11507-bionicle-nova-orbis-new-world/Nova Orbis, an awesome comic series by NickonAquaMagna.

Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

Bionicle is returning in 2015!

#5 Offline BionicleBordeaux

BionicleBordeaux
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 08:56 PM

Edit the body a little bit more and not like those beefy mocs out there

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

#6 Offline Ras

Ras
  • Members
  • Toa

• 157 posts

Posted Apr 19 2014 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I've actually adjusted him since to where he has Tahu's left hand in Lewa's colors, so he has two of those instead of the glatorian hands because the Toa Matas were my favorite from the start

#7 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,834 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2014 - 06:42 AM

Where are his turntables?
:P

#8 Offline Ras

Ras
  • Members