Unused MNOLG Music Edited back into Cutscene

emily

There's been a fair amount of discussion about most of the unused, early content to be found in the game files for MNOLG. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned, however, is Episode_9-2_v4_sounded.swf. As the name implies, it is a variation on cutscene 9-2, or namely the one showing Takua's descent into the Mangaia and revealing his appearance for the first time. It plays exactly as the final version does, but at the end a short musical track suddenly begins, running after the blackout signifying the end of the cutscene.

For whatever reason, Templar decided not to use the music track in the final game (I suspect they decided it was too cheery for what is one of the most tense moments of the story). But, I thought it might be interesting to see how it would sound with the music correctly placed in the cutscene. So here you go!

Link

It certainly sets a new emotional tone to the big reveal of Takua.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Agreed with the posters above, but neat all the same. Any other unused music available?

This is the only unused music I've discovered in my perusals of MNOLG's files. I'll be sure to let you know if I ever discover anything new, though.

This is a good resource on what unused content is in the MNOLG files.

Edited by Tazakk

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend