The Gold Being

since my days of seeing bionicle from day 1 to end. this Gold being. was he biomechanical? by nature. also with all these beings used to make him. do the Piraka still exist by their minds inside it? or they gone? wish i could have seen the Toa hagah suceed in freeing jaller and the others.

I'm back from the past. a old member of bzpower now has returned.

From what I know:

was he biomechanical?

Almost certainly, yes. However there is no direct evidence for this though. But I don't think we've ever seen a biomechanical being(s) go purely mechanical/organic due to EP, so I don't think Goldie should.

also with all these beings used to make him. do the Piraka still exist by their minds inside it? or they gone?

Unknown. However Goldie seems to be acting with a will different to that of the Piraka, so it seems it has a mind of its own. Whether or not it's in control, but the Piraka's minds are still there, we just don't know if they're gone.

wish i could have seen the Toa hagah suceed in freeing jaller and the others.

Me too :''(

do the Piraka still exist by their minds inside it? or they gone?

My theory is that most of the minds inside that entity are dormant, Zaktan's possibly may be in control. Of all the "creatures" used to create Goldie, he was the only one who willingly placed himself inside of it, so he still had some of his strong will about him, and I believe I've read somewhere that when things are fused together, the one with the stronger will ends up controlling it. (take Takutanuva for example) And of course it's obvious that Zaktan was the brains of the Piraka, so I think he's using the new body and powers to start his own empire. After all, that was his dream ever since he learned of the Brotherhood of Makuta's Plan, gambling and double crossing to get himself a stake in the universe. So yeah that's my two cents. :)

(of course there also was the theory that they accidentally made a reincarnation of Irnakk lol xD you know, gold spine and all? but yeah, I digress) :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Zaktan would have a further advantage in controlling the fusion: ever since his punishment by TSO, he's spent every day exerting his own individual will over a fusion of many different beings. ;)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

The fusion refers to itself as "we", (according to Sahmad's Tale), but Greg confirmed that the "green cloud" was controlling the fusion, and that the green cloud was Zaktan.

It's possible that Zaktan could control the fusion without the other's minds being eradicated, much in the same way that leaders control groups without eradicating the minds of the followers.

• Upvote 2

The fusion refers to itself as "we", (according to Sahmad's Tale), but Greg confirmed that the "green cloud" was controlling the fusion, and that the green cloud was Zaktan.

It's possible that Zaktan could control the fusion without the other's minds being eradicated, much in the same way that leaders control groups without eradicating the minds of the followers.

That's news to me. Can I see a quote? I don't doubt you, just interested in seeing what I missed.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

That's news to me. Can I see a quote? I don't doubt you, just interested in seeing what I missed.

Which one? Oh wells, I'll just grab both. :)

The golden being didn’t have a name, at least not one I knew, but I had learned a great deal about him in the last few moments, as he watched his enemy fading. He was made from other beings, species whose names I had never heard before; kept referring to himself as ‘we’ and ‘us’, which was kind of creepy.

What was that green cloud that plunged into the Energized Protodermis tank to form the Golden Fusion being?

Zaktan

I'm trying to remember where the other quote that said the "green cloud" was controlling the fusion. It could have been in a topic in the last days of the old forum... I don't think it was in the OGDs, although I could check...

EDIT: *checks* No luck. It doesn't help that the creature doesn't have a name, and I lost track of all the colloquial terms from 2010 used to refer to him.

Edited by fishers64

I lost track of all the colloquial terms from 2010 used to refer to him.

Goldiflocks, Skakdi Fusion, Piraka Fusion, Golden-skinned Being, Golden Being, etc.

I don't recall that about Zaktan controlling. I was under the impression it was basically a new mind composed out of the ingredients of the others like with Kaita.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I lost track of all the colloquial terms from 2010 used to refer to him.

Goldiflocks, Skakdi Fusion, Piraka Fusion, Golden-skinned Being, Golden Being, etc.

I don't recall that about Zaktan controlling. I was under the impression it was basically a new mind composed out of the ingredients of the others like with Kaita.

They never said that it was one particular person controlling it, but I do remember that normal formed minds created by fusions only work if the fusion is willing to do it (such as a kaita) but if is done without the intent, things go wrong (aka prototype) but when the EP fused Takanuva and Makuta together, because Takanuva's will was stronger at the time, he was in charge of the entity which makes me think that perhaps Zaktan was able to assert control over the entity, even though it calls itself "we" (Even Takutanuva called himself we and our in the movie) :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

well can this being be defeated? like permanitly. it seems he isnt that evil of Teridax level. but left unchecked a small problem can become a big one.

That's easy - just dream him out of existance. :P

The thing is though, he will make the dreams reality of whoever he's working for. So you might be better off getting him on your side than actually defeating him.

If you had to do it (and the above method doesn't work :shrugs:), get someone with little imagination to hit him really hard on the head. A Disintegration Rahkshi might do the trick as well.

Robots would work well too. But the problem in both cases is that he surrounds himself with beings who want would-be-assassins defeated. (Or would-be-fusion-splitters??) So it would have to be a surprise attack -- both a surprise to the people guarding him and a surprising method of attack, so nothing already dreamed up would automatically protect.

It's a really nice way to have a story threat that we can imagine the basic idea for how to defeat without being able to guess the specific way it "will" (or would have, if Greg never does finish the serials) happen.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)