Summer 2014 LEGO Legends of Chima Official Images Found

The UK Amazon site has posted listings for this summer's Legends of Chima sets, as you can see on The Brick Fan. Although we posted images of most of these sets back in February during Toy Fair, there are now official hi-res images you can check out. Of note, the Chima constraction sets are listed there, even though the latest I have heard is that they are still not going to be released. I asked someone at LEGO, and they have not heard anything new on that front, so I would temper my expectations if you are really looking forward to those.

View the full article

Interesting. I'm still not really interested in the Chima constraction sets for this year, which are far less interesting to me than many of this year's Hero Factory sets. Rather than monsters and battle machines with diverse and elaborate builds and lots of versatile parts, most of the builds are fairly simplistic humanoids with extremely specialized heads and torso shells. They have some nice parts and recolors, and they do look pretty nice, but they're not a high priority for me.

The System sets are much more clever and innovative, but I am not terribly keen on getting them either. I'm collecting too many other themes this year to focus on these fancy Chima playsets as well. It's nice that the System sets are using constraction or otherwise constraction-friendly parts more widely. The 2-in-1 vehicles for the baddies are quite brilliant, as we have seen at Toy Fair and in a designer video. The Flying Phoenix Fire Temple is also a work of art. But overall, I'm not likely to pick up any unless I find them on clearance.

Hoping for more Legend Beasts next year. Those are definitely still on my radar.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Hmm yeah. This wave of Chima sets has me conflicted. On the one hand, I really do not like the fire chi variants of the old characters, or even their vehicles as much. I'm really really unhappy with how poorly distributed the new "good tribes" are in these sets. The phoenixes are exclusive to the $120 set (excluding the one speedorz set). There's only one tiger and one leopard, both of them exclusive to the sets they're from. They tiger isn't so bad, since he's in the $20 set, but the leopard is, again, exclusive to the $120 set. Really not a fan of that. The fact that they're pushing the ugly new fire variants of the old guys instead of new guys is really dumb.

On the other hand, holy cow all the ice sets look so cool. Vardy's Ice Vulture Glider is a fantastic looking set. I'm definitely picking that one up. (I like how it actually has only new characters, really wish more sets this wave were like that...) The only other set that really captures my attention is Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper, except, well, that thing is stupidly expensive. $90 for a 600 piece set is just ridiculous. I am definitely going to get it, just definitely not anywhere close to its release.

Really hope we get official pictures of the Speedor sets soon. There's one or two that we still don't know anything about besides the name and piece count. I just really want to know if Panthar is a speedor-exclusive like Skinnet/Furtivo/Scolder were, or what, because the fact that he was/is going to get a constraction set without appearing in any of the sets we know about is very confusing.

AXKP5KC.png

I was like "meh" at first, and then I saw the all the sets with the trans-blue parts and the mammoth sets pretty awesome. Then the build-able figures are amazing this year. Looks like a great release of for Chima!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I am still interested in the constraction sets and plan on picking some of them up if they actually release. I also really like the mammoth (which is my favorite set for Chima this year) set and Eris' new eagle vehicle.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

So many transparent pieces... But poor Cragger looks like a gold version of the last buildable character thingy.

I hope they'll be available here. It's April and I still haven't seen the latest Hero Factory sets, sadly.

I wouldn't say that. I think the new Cragger is actually a considerable improvement over the previous one, and one of the best of the new constraction sets. His weapons are not as elaborate as the 2013 version, but the new Cragger has even more armor than the previous one. And it's not as though that was simply a matter of putting armor on the shells that were bare before — the designers went so far as to add extra beams to his neck so he could get beefier shoulder armor. It's far more than just a palette swap, and the original was already a very creative design to begin with.

The new buildable figures honestly look spectacular! The other sets are cool too, but those ones particularly got my attention since I'm a Bio-MOCer at heart.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The set pictures are very impressive, including the ones on the constraction sets!:) But one thing is that if the contraction sets are cancelled, then why would they have these pictures? I mean, I never saw finalized pictures on the cancelled 2012 Ninjago sets, the Serpentine Train and Lloyd's Treehouse. I am curious. Hmm...

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The set pictures are very impressive, including the ones on the constraction sets! :) But one thing is that if the contraction sets are cancelled, then why would they have these pictures? I mean, I never saw finalized pictures on the cancelled 2012 Ninjago sets, the Serpentine Train and Lloyd's Treehouse. I am curious. Hmm...

It would appear that the constraction sets haven't been cancelled. They're available to pre-order on Amazon UK, so they probably are a thing now. Can't wait to get my hands on them, all of them!! :P

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The set pictures are very impressive, including the ones on the constraction sets!:) But one thing is that if the contraction sets are cancelled, then why would they have these pictures? I mean, I never saw finalized pictures on the cancelled 2012 Ninjago sets, the Serpentine Train and Lloyd's Treehouse. I am curious. Hmm...

The Serpentine Train was a MOC that was never meant to become a set, and Lloyd's Treehouse Fortress never got as far in development as these did (the furthest it got was a sketch model). Even if these are in fact cancelled, there's a difference between a cancelled set and one that never even gets to the point where it's planned for release.

• Upvote 1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thebricktime/

This site has the pictures also, or has them now as it seems Amazon UK took them down. They also have the Fair Ground Mixer and the summer Ninjago sets.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.