Would the Turaga Mahri remain amphibious?

Aho

That's an interesting question... I think I've heard that the toa nuva would become turaga nuva so I can only assume that the same would apply here.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Yes. It's not part of their Toa power, so I think they would remain that way.

I agree with fishers64, it's just a new ability that they have so being transformed into Turaga wouldn't change that.

Especially since it was the Ignika that gave them that power.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Follow up question: does that mean that if Tahu were to become a Turaga in his Mata form he would keep all his Rahkshi powers?

Imagine Turaga Tahu mowing down Skrall, or whatever the enemy may be with some Rahkshi power combos... Oh the humanity.

• Upvote 4

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Follow up question: does that mean that if Tahu were to become a Turaga in his Mata form he would keep all his Rahkshi powers?

Imagine Turaga Tahu mowing down Skrall, or whatever the enemy may be with some Rahkshi power combos... Oh the humanity.

As far as I know, there is no reason Tahu wouldn't keep his Rahkshi powers upon transforming into a Turaga.

And yes, seeing Turaga Tahu mow down Skrall would be a sight to see. :P

• Upvote 2

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

It depends on whether Tahu has to wear the Golden Armor to use the Rahkshi powers. I never got a definitive answer on that.

Although if Tahu is wearing his Golden armor when he becomes a Turaga, the armor might transform along with him, making my concern irrelevant.

Yes. It's not part of their Toa power, so I think they would remain that way.

I agree with fishers64, it's just a new ability that they have so being transformed into Turaga wouldn't change that.

Especially since it was the Ignika that gave them that power.

I wouldn't say that its a power, just a physical property. They were fish, now they're frogs. Transforming a fish into a frog does not give it power.

Alternatively, taking power away from a powered frog does not change the fact that it's a frog.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

Tahu has gained all the powers of the Kraata killed by the Golden Armor, and he does not need the Golden Armor to access any of his new abilities.

[source] (At the bottom of the first section).

2. Did the golden armor give new powers to tahu, or is it the armor which has the power?

2) Tahu, not the armor

:P Okay, that settles that thankfully. :) (Thanks for the date trangulator; helps with the search.)

can we please get back on topic? I don't want this to be the second thread that gets deleted this week. :fear:

• Upvote 1

That's an interesting question. We know the appearance of a Toa depends on their expectations; does the same hold true for Turaga? And what if, say, Radiak became a Toa? His concept of a Toa is the Toa Nuva, so would he become a biped? My take is that while expectations influence armor style, they won't affect major physical features. So I say Hahli would keep the wings, and Radiak would stay mutated. (And a quadruped, winged Toa of Light would indeed be awesome.)

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Matoro use the Ignika before he vanished to safely teleport the Mahri after he teleported them back to Metru Nui to save them from the Barraki? Logically they would've become air breathers again.

No, they became amphibious. Like fishers64 said, they were fish, now they're frogs. (Meaning that they can now breathe water and air). They didn't turn back into, say, giraffes. (Purely air-breathing) And so yes, I do believe that they would keep their water-breathing skills as Turaga, like how I reckon that they would have kept their Lightning abilities if they transformed into Turaga as Toa Inika. One more thing- if a Toa Hordika became a Turaga, then would they still be half-Rahi? Just imagine that- a Turaga running around smashing everything with giant shredder claws. And a Rhotuka spinner. Almost as cool as Turaga Tahu...

VBWj75sh.png

One more thing- if a Toa Hordika became a Turaga, then would they still be half-Rahi? Just imagine that- a Turaga running around smashing everything with giant shredder claws. And a Rhotuka spinner. Almost as cool as Turaga Tahu...

Aye that would be cool, but sadly Hordika venom given enough time will make the victim become all Rahi, so there'd be way too many disadvantages for a Turaga to remain a hordika.

(course I always thought that if a Turaga became a hordika, they'd resemble a Rahaga lol :P )

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5