Chima Discussion

Mr. Cup of Fail

Okay, why was this not made yet, even on Chima Month. I mean there already one for HF, then Mixel and Throwbots/Roboriders. So lets put in a Chima Discussion topic.

So anyway, lets talk about our opinion, good stuff that we found out and more here and have fun :D

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Well, okay, then.

Legends of Chima IMO is a decent theme that does a good job at what it does. It could use some minor tweaks, I think, but overall, not too bad.

Sets in Chima have a lot of color and variety. For some reason there seem to be a lot of blue-and-white Eagle sets, but that may be because of my local store's inconsistent shelving than actual amount of sets. Aside from Razcal's Glider (which I have, it's a very good set), most of the sets I'm aware of are Lion and Eagle though. (I thought there was a upper-scale Raven craft above R's glider, but I never caught the name).

I liked both waves of constraction figures. The Legend Beasts IMO are okay. The big deal with Chima for me was the winged bird-figs, and the big wing parts used in R's glider and the Chima constraction sets. These nice parts work as spikes, swords, sails, feathers stuck in armor (XP), and wings, so I like much.

The story for Chima strikes me as an epic fantasy story. While it did suffer from fablesque storytelling near the beginning (blargh) and repetitive plot points (are we going to race for the Golden Chi again?) it corrects these flaws as it goes along for the most part. If you like Epic Fantasy, Chima might please, but if you don't like that kind of thing, it won't. I do like that sort of thing, so yeah. Not bad.

Well, a general LoC discussion used to exist, back in late 2012, but it died soon after the show started airing.....anyway. Yeah I like Chima a bunch, now. Back then in late 2012 and up until the show started airing I also really really liked Chima a lot--enough to buy Cragger's Command Ship, Eris' Eagle Interceptor and Razcal's Glider all on literally the first day they became available in a Lego store. So, like, a lot. Unfortunately the utter terribleness of the show killed my interest in it pretty effectively....At least until a couple of weeks ago, when for some inexplicable reason my interest in Chima skyrocketed to pretty much the level it used to be. (I want to blame BZPower and the Month of Chima deal, but I don't really know) Since then, I've been going back and buying a bunch of old sets now that they're cheaper online (for instance the Combat Lair and Gorilla Striker) and just generally been keeping my eye on Chima stuff. The stuff I liked to begin with were the minifigures and sets, so I'm comfortable just ignoring the show. (Not that that means I will, though. Although I gave up on it around episode 14 or so, I'm planning on going back and watching the rest because I can't bring myself to leave things half-finished)

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay is lavertus dead or did he survive :shrugs:

Because if he did die, then Chima did something that Hero Factory would never do at all.

It's implied that he died. At least, Laval and Co. thinks he's dead.

It's possible that the rocks fell in just the right way so that he survived, and he could use that one Golden Chi he had left to get himself out, but it's more likely that he got crushed.

Also HF did toy with this (Surge, Ordeal of Fire), so I wouldn't say it's unprecedented for an HF hero to sacrifice themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Or maybe the Golden Chi is too powerful for one person to use it on there self.

Also do anyone have any ideas why the New Chima ultrabuild figures is on the US page (it's also on the front page as well), did LEGO change there mind and bring those sets to the US or are they showing them on the US page just to torcher us

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that the Golden Chi is used to transform the land, it might transform the person using it on themselves, like Energized Protodermis. 

I think it is a torture device. I would try to order it if I had the means, though - just to see if it would actually work. 

Personally I think that if you use Golden Chi like you use regular Chi you die, using it burns you out completly.

The surprise was vampires!

Okay, so in Chima, Chi is considered "one of the most important resources we have". It powers all vehicles (except Speedorz). But what happens if Mount Cavora runs out for of Chi for good? Are there other resources like oil or hydropower they could use to power their vehicles in the event of a permanent Chi loss?

"Kai... Nireta... the other six Kakama-wearers... yep, Ga-Koro's all here!"

ga-koro.thumb.JPG.c6b34593c87ad060d441b9de302f3dd0.JPG

Hydropower is possible, since there is water from other places not named Mount Cavora, but it would be problematic to power vehicles. We don't even use hydropower to power vehicles in our world, let alone in another universe where they don't even know of it. :shrugs:

Oil I don't know - Chima has been around for awhile and it does have living things, so maybe it would have the geologic compression. 

Worse, if they didn't have Chi for a certain amount of time/generations, I would think that they would lose their sapience and become like the Legend Beasts again. :shrugs:  

• 5 weeks later...

Hydropower is possible, since there is water from other places not named Mount Cavora, but it would be problematic to power vehicles. We don't even use hydropower to power vehicles in our world, let alone in another universe where they don't even know of it. :shrugs:

Oil I don't know - Chima has been around for awhile and it does have living things, so maybe it would have the geologic compression. 

Worse, if they didn't have Chi for a certain amount of time/generations, I would think that they would lose their sapience and become like the Legend Beasts again. :shrugs:

Wait it's called Mount CAVORA! I thought it was Gavora.

The surprise was vampires!