L3-G0 is the World's First Full-Size Working LEGO R2-D2

tn_04_24_14_L3-G0-full-size-R2-D2.png

L3-G0 is, according to its creators, the world's first full size working LEGO R2 D2. Its construction started in 2013 as a prototype on the LEGO Digital Designer, before it was presented as a static model at Brickcon 2013. Now it has been shown to the public at Emerald City Comic Con as a fully functional model. Featuring around 16k bricks, it's quite a sight and certainly something you shouldn't miss if you go to Brickcon 2014 where it will roll around the place. Read on to watch footage of L3-G0 in action or go here to read something about its history and some stats.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

This is really awesome. It really goes to show that there is little one can't do with Lego and some imagination. The video was pretty cool too. Seeing L3-G0 meet up with different people was cool to see. Especially the guy dressed as Jack Sparrow. That was funny. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Yeah, did I forget to mention that little guy? :P

I had a chance to talk to the builder/developer/programmer at the event, he and I have both been going to EC3 for about 3 years now as part of SEALUG. I find it amusing that, after reading their page, I learn that L3-G0 is programmed with a Surface Pro. I did not see that coming, but then again he does work for Microsoft so that might explain it.

I'm wondering if it'll be at BrickCon Spring Exhibition this weekend. I'll get photos if it is.

bzpsig2015.png

• 3 weeks later...