Which Chima characters would make good constraction figures?

Aanchir

As the title asks, which Chima characters do you think would be great as constraction figures? They don't have to be potential future sets, so even minor characters or non-set characters from 2013 would be OK. It can even be an alternate costume of a character who's already been a constraction set, though keep in mind that the costumes, weapons, and color schemes of the constraction models rarely match the corresponding minifigures.

From last year's characters, I would love to see a Windra constraction model. Worriz's head piece is not specifically gendered, so it could easily be recolored and printed without facial scars (and maybe even with eyelashes) to represent Windra. Also, her color scheme (same as the Wolf Legend Beast) is awesome!

Crug would also be amazing, since his color scheme is so different from the other crocodiles. He could use a brown Cragger head with a silver jaw, and he could use the brown paw pieces from Ogrum as muscular shoulders. Lagravis would be another great character. He's a major character with a color scheme distinct from Laval, the other lion character who has appeared as a constraction set.

G'Loona would be fun as a "child" character. But at the same time, a child character wouldn't make a whole lot of sense from a story perspective, since characters like G'Loona, Skinnet, and Wonald are not old enough to use CHI, and the constraction sets are ostensibly supposed to represent the characters' CHI-enhanced forms.

Among 2013 characters, it would be great to see the spider tribe leader Spinlyn and the scorpion tribe leader Scorm. Sparacon and Scutter are also interesting spider and scorpion figs, but their story importance is not quite so great, and also I like the idea of one tribe's fig being bipedal while the other has multiple legs. Spinlyn is also a female character, which is great for diversity's sake.

A bat like Blista would be cool but not nearly so unique, since there are so many Chima characters with wings. Still, if there were a constraction wave based on this year's first wave, you'd probably want him to complete the villain trifecta. All three could use Tr. Bright Green weapons instead of Tr. Blue or Tr. Red weapons like last year's heroes and villains.

Post your own suggestions and how you think they might be able to be designed!

Rogan. C'mon, nuff said! He would make a cool Rhino Ultra figure. They could beef him up like they did with the gorillas, and use either purple (season 1) or dark green (season 2) highlights over the dark grey. Yeah, it would require a new head mold for the rhino, but that's what would make it cool too.

:music:

Yeah... the fact that Chima constraction figures generally resemble the minifigure versions in almost no way whatsoever kind of puts a dampen on any ideas I might have. If anything, I'd say I'd kind of like to see more faithful representations of the characters that already got figures--for instance, Razar, whose hook hand was completely ignored when he got a constraction figure, among other things. Ditto for future characters--I would think a Mungus or Vardy constraction figures would look really cool, except, well, we have seen what those would look like, and (spoiler alert) they don't look like Mungus and Vardy. Pretending for a second that the figures would resemble the characters they're based off of, though, Crug, Rizzo, Windra, Skinnet, Rinona, Braptor and Spynlin all would be pretty cool, I think. (although the thing about Skinnet being too young is true, the cards included with his Speedor set have him with a powered up Chi form so, I don't know. I don't think Lego cares a lot)

AXKP5KC.png

I'd like to see the leader of the scorpion tribe (what was his name? anyway) mostly because I think CCBS would contribute to a good scorpion tail. (I'd settle for a TV-show-looking fig in a pinch, though I doubt they were able to reproduce the gold texture on his tail exactly, etc. Anyway, I'm not well researched.)

And ShadoWind.

Yeah... the fact that Chima constraction figures generally resemble the minifigure versions in almost no way whatsoever kind of puts a dampen on any ideas I might have. If anything, I'd say I'd kind of like to see more faithful representations of the characters that already got figures--for instance, Razar, whose hook hand was completely ignored when he got a constraction figure, among other things. Ditto for future characters--I would think a Mungus or Vardy constraction figures would look really cool, except, well, we have seen what those would look like, and (spoiler alert) they don't look like Mungus and Vardy. Pretending for a second that the figures would resemble the characters they're based off of, though, Crug, Rizzo, Windra, Skinnet, Rinona, Braptor and Spynlin all would be pretty cool, I think. (although the thing about Skinnet being too young is true, the cards included with his Speedor set have him with a powered up Chi form so, I don't know. I don't think Lego cares a lot)

I wouldn't say "almost no way whatsoever"... generally, there is enough of a resemblance that you can accept the constraction form and the minifigure form as "two forms of the same character", even if it's obvious that one is not simply a scaled-up version of the other. With that said, you're right that the discrepancies between the constraction and minifigure forms of Razar, Mungus, and Vardy are quite regrettable.

And yeah, I'd forgotten about Skinnet's cards in the Speedorz sets. But the dissonance between the character's portrayal from his portrayal in the story would probably have a bigger impression on people in a set than in an illustration. Especially in the case of G'Loona, who has short legs marking her as a child even in the sets, unlike Skinnet (who has normal-length legs, probably so he can attach more securely to his Speedor) or Wonald (who doesn't appear at all in the sets).

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't say "almost no way whatsoever"... generally, there is enough of a resemblance that you can accept the constraction form and the minifigure form as "two forms of the same character", even if it's obvious that one is not simply a scaled-up version of the other. With that said, you're right that the discrepancies between the constraction and minifigure forms of Razar, Mungus, and Vardy are quite regrettable.

Well, I think what happens is that in general the constraction figures are decent enough representatiosn of a generic example of what that tribe looks like, while being poor representations of specific characters. Any resemblance probably stems mostly from the fact that it's the same animal, rather than it being the same character. The thing with the Chima minifigures is that because the only things that typically differentiate each tribe member from the next is their color/printing, when those things are left out of a constraction figure it'd hard to see them as the same characters. When things beyond their color are ignored, like different parts or a different kind of minifigure altogether, it becomes even harder to reconciliate differences. If they were simply labeled as "CHI [x animal]" they'd probably work better, but be a lot less marketable.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

6 character I would like to see as constraction figures are:

1. Lavertus in his Shadowind costume because who wouldn't want more black :P. But real, like with Mugbearer I would like to see him with the twin machine guns and it would be awesome if his helmet would go on a Glatorian Head.
  2. Rogon I think would be good and have that same build as gorzan but with a little taller legs and having a gray Stormer XL chest armor.
  3. Crominus, well even when I am going to hate seeing more gold (unless the add-on armor and Weapon are gold and nothing else then I'm okay), it would be good to see a different head of the alligator instead the same one (but that is unlikely) and see a new Red Cape instead of having black.
  4. Bat, I would like to see the bat one as a different character then the only two bats in the bat tribe (Rhino and those other two tribes), I mainly would be in love if the bat ultra build have Dragon Wings but that would be unlikely
  5. Scorm would be good to see was a constraction figure and would be good to see him have the new IFB feets.
  6. Spinlyn, see her as the big set would be good and be using a lot of the new pieces that we are seeing in the next wave.

I would not like to see Cragger and Laval as constraction figure again because they are just going to become another Furno, Rocka and Stormer

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I'd like some sort of construction set to go along with the tribes that have yet to receive one yet. Heck, I am still waiting on a regular Bear minifig.

Besides that, some large sets representing the legend beasts would be pretty cool.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46