Favorite/Least Favorite Toa Team

Sybre

Im sorry but I really have to say my favorite team was the Hordika, I loved that storyline and how it showed the truth that people have a good and bad side, with Vakama working for Roodaka, I just really loved that year for some reason, the Visorak, the titans and everything about it, it was completely different to anything Lego had done before or after as we would find out.

My least favorite would have to be hmmm this is difficult to decide, I seriously can't say i disliked any of them personally.

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

While I do like all the teams in some way or another, I can't not say my favourite overall team was the Mata/Nuva - for me they felt like the most solidly contrsucted with the most time to fit into their roles. They each had a distinct place in the team which felt relevant - some of the later teams tended to have characters that were sidelined more or felt less distinct. That being said my second favourite would be the Inika I think, they had a cool origin story and I also liked the way they functioned as a group and their journey they went through together.

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

My favorites would be either the Mahri or the Nuva. The Mahri because I really liked their masks and weapons and because they use the Inika build which I quite like (please don't hurt me). They are also 5 of my favorite Toa (Jaller, Hahli, Matoro, Hewkii and Nuparu. (No hard feelings, Kongu, you just fall short of the list. Eh? Eh? Short? Cause he was the shortest of the Mahri? I'll leave now...) The Nuva because they expanded upon the Mata by making them more armored and with nicer weapons. I also like both of their set forms, the original and the adaptive armor ones (I am treading dangerous ground here. :P) I'd love to see Lewa's space-form adaptive armor from Reign of Shadows.

For my least favorite, probably the Hordika because of their weird builds that had an arm that's pretty annoying to pose, one that is pretty hard to position and a no masks, just rubber heads that can't be put on other heads, thus averting headception.

I didn't mention anything storywise because I like all Toa teams pretty much equally when it came to the story.

My favorites would be either the Mahri or the Nuva. The Mahri because I really liked their masks and weapons and because they use the Inika build which I quite like (please don't hurt me). They are also 5 of my favorite Toa (Jaller, Hahli, Matoro, Hewkii and Nuparu. (No hard feelings, Kongu, you just fall short of the list. Eh? Eh? Short? Cause he was the shortest of the Mahri? I'll leave now...) The Nuva because they expanded upon the Mata by making them more armored and with nicer weapons. I also like both of their set forms, the original and the adaptive armor ones (I am treading dangerous ground here. :P) I'd love to see Lewa's space-form adaptive armor from Reign of Shadows.

For my least favorite, probably the Hordika because of their weird builds that had an arm that's pretty annoying to pose, one that is pretty hard to position and a no masks, just rubber heads that can't be put on other heads, thus averting headception.

I didn't mention anything storywise because I like all Toa teams pretty much equally when it came to the story.

The Hordika are also my least favourite as they aren't symmetrical. The lenses on my nostalgia goggles must be pretty thick, though, 'cause I have no problem with the Toa Mata!

My favourite team would have to be the Toa Nuva. If they had real knees and elbows they'd be perfect!

Edited by Airoski

The Hordika are also my least favourite as they aren't symmetrical. The lenses on my nostalgia goggles must be pretty thick, though, 'cause I have no problem with the Toa Mata!

My favourite team would have to be the Toa Nuva. If they had real knees and elbows they'd be perfect!

I don't really have a problem with the Mata, I just think the Nuva improve on them. I agree on the knees and elbows.

The Toa Mata/Nuva. IMO, they made Bionicle. Their characters were solid and had a unity like no other.

I didn't really have a least favourite team, though the Toa Hagah never particularly appealed to me.

I have to say that the Inika were my favourite. Probably because that's when I really started enjoying Bionicle, but I dunno, there's something about them. The light up weapons were cool, not just because they lit up, but the designs were nice as well. The masks were a cool idea, and again, the designs were great in my opinion. Finally, the bodies were very well built, the pieces never broke for me, and they had more mobility than the previous sets. 

The story was enjoyable as well, for me at least. 

As for my least favourite, I don't really have one, I liked all the teams, but if I had to choose, it would be the Phantoka/Mistika. I liked the To a Mata, and I liked the Toa Nuva, but the Phantoka/Mistika thing just was too weird. It's kind of hard to explain. The designs were pretty cool, don't get me wrong, but I  just didn't like the story. Especially the vehicles.

Edited by Dual

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people, people he's never met before and who don't know his name, can live." -Hahli

My favorite still has to be the Toa Nuva, mostly because they had a lot of internal struggles they had to over come, especially when they were still Mata. They're own infighting almost caused them to lose to the Bohrok-Kal and it wasn't until they overcame this that they finally started to realize how important unity, one of their three virtues, really was. Granted, out the the three main Toa teams, that being the Nuva, Metru and Mahri, I can't say we've had more time to spend with the Nuva, because all 19 characters were there from the beginning. However, I feel the Nuva managed to show their growth better, as by 2008, they were able to take on 8 Makuta at once, granted handicapped ones, but still. On Mata Nui, it took 7 of them to beat Teridax, and even then, Taka just set his plan back, never defeated him.

The Metru also had problems, but I just feel the Nuva we're plagued by more and they suffered from them more as well. They split up for pete's sake! As for the Mahri, I feel they were almost too conservative and perfect. In Jaller's bio, it outright says that he wants to avoid the problems of the Toa before him, and has learned from their mistakes. Besides Kongu being a baby about not getting the mask of flight or Jaller feeling threatened by Matoro's ever growing leadership role, not much happened. They got the job done, and Matoro is mostly responsible. This doesn't make them bad, just basic.

As for my least favorite Team, it has to Lhikan's, mostly because they were all able to be picked off by a single Dark Hunter, and what team needs 4 Toa of Ice....seriously? We also don't know much about them, but two of them also turned evil. They must not have been very trustworthy Toa. 

• Upvote 1

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Favorite Team: Toa Mahri

I liked the idea of going underwater and the design of the masks. The Codrak Blasters were pretty awesome (the fact that they worked better underwater in real life) and the story was nice.

Least Favorite: Hordika

I didn't like these guys. The designs looked odd and it felt weird going from Metru to Hordika. The story was nice though.

• 1 month later...

Hmm...

Mata would be my favourite(loved the colours) with Metru in at a close second(again, colours, also they had Vakama, who due to Time Trap is one of my favourite characters)

Least favourite would have to be Marhi(I stopped paying attention to the storyline for a few months and all of a sudden Matoro's dead, the Nuvas are in some place called Karda Nui, etc.) Nothing against them really, it was just that there was apparently a lot going on there that I'm still trying to catch up on, also the Cordak Blasters never seemed to work for me.

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

Fave: Inika.

I liked Jaller and Hahli a lot as Matoran, and Hewkii and Nuparu made some key plays to survive the Bohrok swarm. The Inika sets looked absolutely powerful, with their transparent pieces and light up swords and shiny Zamor(?, It's been a while).

blasters.

Least fave: I'm not sure if this counts, but I hated the fact that the Chronicler's company never became Toa. They all had perfect personalites to become a great team, and they even had the courage to help the Mata from being ravaged by Rahi.

I didn't like the Hordika, but I hated everything from Bionicle 2005.

• Upvote 1

heropose.png

Credit to Smooth! for HeroPose banner!

This member is all-out awesome! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=*

Check out my epic! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6617237

Well he got flying swords so it puts the Miru to uselessness.

In the BIONICLE universe, there may be a high chance of weapons getting broken, damaged, or stolen, so backup gear, like Lewa's mask power, is always nice to have.

Well yeah…I am aware of that..but have you seen Lewa's Flying swords ever get broken?

Didn't Reidak snap them?

Anyway, my favourite has to be the Mahri. The sets were colourful, masks were interesting, weapons were cool and those Cordak Blasters were fun. And because we'd known them for so long, their characters were fleshed out with additions in between, such as Jaller's anxiety of living up to Vakama and Tahu, and Matoro's war with the Ignika.

My least favourite were the Hagah. No character development in Dwellers.

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Favourite: Toa Inika

They worked well together, the new design was really nice, and although I'll admit the mask attachment was weird, it was nice to have something totally out of the ordinary.

(NOTE: I did not join with the Inika, I joined earlier than them.)

(Next would be Hordika)

Least Favourite: Toa Mata/Nuva1

Why? They seemed to hate each other, as they were ony ever allies by convenience. I mean, their designs were kinda cool, except that they lacked the poseability that I enjoyed with later years so much.

(Also it may be because everyone seems to love them religiously, due to the nostalgic feel to them.)

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

Set-wise, my favorites are probably the Toa Mata or the Mahri. The Toa Mata were simple yet all unique sets as far as builds went and they all felt to have a bit of character added to them with their masks. The Toa Mahri were really colorful and creative sets (matter of fact, that whole year was) and feature some of my favorite Toa designs. My least favorite as far as sets go would be the Metru and Hordika. Both were cookie cutter sets with different colors and tools/masks and the Metru looked weak-sauce compared to the Mata/Nuva.

Story-Wise, I enjoyed pretty much all the teams. The Mata/Nuva had many different adventures, the Metru/Hordika had a long continuous story encompassing pretty much all their time as Toa, and the Inika/Mahri had a great story as well.

Hail Hydra. Hail Denmark.

I enjoyed the Mata/Nuva, mostly because they were 'original' but also because I really like ( and still do) Kopaka; he's my favorite character in BIONICLE.  I also really liked Gali, then Onua and Pohatu, Lewa, and finally Tahu (in that order).  I'm not saying I disliked Tahu, cause I really do like him, that''s just my way of doing things.

So you can understand why I was a bit upset when the Piraka practically rolled right over them when they arrived on Voya Nui; the Mata/Nuva were my heroes and they got demolished in the Voya Nui storyline (twice!).  I know it wasn't there 'destiny' to do that particular mission, but whatever.  I was also put off when they ditched Kopaka's shield in Karda Nui and replaced his swords and shield in favor of a ranged weapon, and likewise with Gali; I did not enjoy that in the slightest.

I also really liked the Inika because they were really interesting, and I liked seeing such old characters come back into the story in an exciting way.  Toa Inika Nuparu was one of the coolest figures I ever had.

My least favorite, maybe the Hagah, cause I knew next to nothing about them.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva