Favorite/Least Favorite Toa Team

Sybre

The title says it all! :) Now, this isn't really a "best/worst" topic, but I think you can try to carefully say why you consider the selected team to be the best or worst in your opinion. Also, you're allowed to list a form of one team as your favorite, and a different form as your least favorite. Here's a sample of what that would look like:

Dude says, "My favorite Toa team is the Toa Inika because of the 'tone' of the year they were in and they sported a revolutionary building system. But my least favorite is the Toa Mahri because they hardly expanded upon anything except for Kongu, who had an all-new torso."

This is not my pick, however.

My real favorite is the Toa Metru because of their setting, the character interactions, and Vakama! :D My least favorite, however, is the Toa Hordika for one reason, and one reason only: that left arm. By Mata Nui's lederhosen, those left arms are horrific compared to the right arms! You'll have to buy two of the same Hordika if you want better arms... That's really all.

What about you?

mindeth the cobwebs

My favorite are the Toa Mahri they are my favorite because they had intresting weapons which are the under water gatling guns,the Cordak Blasters, they were very colorful,they had interesting masks. My least are the..Oh boy so many childhoods…The Toa Nuva(Excluding Takanuva he is pretty cool.), are my least favorite because they really didn't do much the only thing that was new were new arms(which were the legs),Armor pieces, different masks,Some of the weapon's functions were ripped-off (Onua Nuva ski and Kopaka Nuva's),and this reason was only for Lewa his mask is for Levitation right? Well he got flying swords so it puts the Miru to uselessness.

Edited by BionicleBordeaux

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Well he got flying swords so it puts the Miru to uselessness.

In the BIONICLE universe, there may be a high chance of weapons getting broken, damaged, or stolen, so backup gear, like Lewa's mask power, is always nice to have.

mindeth the cobwebs

Dude says, "My favorite Toa team is the Toa Inika because of the 'tone' of the year they were in and they sported a revolutionary building system. But my least favorite is the Toa Mahri because they hardly expanded upon anything except for Kongu, who had an all-new torso."

What about you?

Who' this 'Dude' guy? I want to meet him. Then dissect him! Because his genericness must me studied to prevent stereotypes.

this reason was only for Lewa his mask is for Levitation right? Well he got flying swords so it puts the Miru to uselessness.

Levitate means to kind fly upward except it's not exactly flying. What I mean is levitation in technicality, isn't actual flight. Just sayin'.

As for who my favorite and least favorite toa teams are, well, let's see. I personally like them all. They all were really cool to me set and storyline-wise in my personal opinion.

What about you?

Who' this 'Dude' guy? I want to meet him. Then dissect him! Because his genericness must me studied to prevent stereotypes.

this reason was only for Lewa his mask is for Levitation right? Well he got flying swords so it puts the Miru to uselessness.

Levitate means to kind fly upward except it's not exactly flying. What I mean is levitation in technicality, isn't actual flight. Just sayin'.

He's just the made-up guinea pig.

And I think your definition is correct.

mindeth the cobwebs

My favorite team has to be (and this is based on story alone, im not gonna diss sets) the toa nuva. I know thats a bit boring, but having these clashing personalities really makes the team click together. You literally couldn't have the team operate like they do missing a member. You can compare this to the metru for example, who for a while in 04 were separated into 2 groups, and still worked.

My least favorite HAS to be the toa Hagah. I mean, its like they scrapped the personalities of the rahaga and COMPLETELY re did them! They go from being wise, elders who have learned from their mistakes to rash toa who seemed more foolish than the mata in the beginning! They fell for another trap... laid by terry, and they seemed so boring, compared to the wise mindset they had.

• Upvote 3

Tu2d6W7.jpg

My favorite Toa team: the Toa Mata/Nuva, mostly because of all their lovable personalities and characters. I'd say most, if not all, of them are some of my favorite Bionicle characters ever.

My least favorite Toa team: probably the Hordika, I just didn't like how they blurred the lines between good and evil during 2005.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

The toa inika are my favorite team, because they were pretty kickbutt in the 2006 storyline.

The Toa Nuva are my least favorite mainly because of the elemental energy inconsistencies in the story.

Edited by Matoro_Lives

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

I have to agree with takua123 up there; the Toa Hagah are, by all measures, the least-developed and worst-used Toa team in the lineup. (Barring the background Toa teams who were only mentioned in passing, of course.)

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Rahaga had extremely unique characterizations, but at least they were discernible from each other. After their un-mutation, Iruini turned into a carbon copy of Matau, and the rest lost any personality they ever had in favor of new mask powers. Additionally, like takua said, they kept none of the wisdom and experience they had accumulated over the years.

Essentially, Kualus, Pouks, Bomonga, and Gaaki could all have been rewritten out of Dwellers in Darkness, and there would barely be any noticeable change in the story, so meaningless are their individual contributions and characters. Of course, by the end of it, Dwellers was more about Helryx and Miserix than the Toa Hagah, possibly because Greg didn't give the Toa any personality.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

In the BIONICLE universe, there may be a high chance of weapons getting broken, damaged, or stolen, so backup gear, like Lewa's mask power, is always nice to have.

Well yeah…I am aware of that..but have you seen Lewa's Flying swords ever get broken?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Well yeah…I am aware of that..but have you seen Lewa's Flying swords ever get broken?

No, but there's always the possibility. We can't just brush it off and say it will never happen even though such an occurrence can still happen. In the BIONICLE universe, backup plans are not a bad plan.

mindeth the cobwebs

Lewa had flying swords? I thought he had rocket boosters.

It was Lhikan who had flying swords. :shrugs:

[My favorite Toa team is the Toa Metru, for excellently developed characters overall, not the least of which was Vakama. Nokama and the others got it as well. Also like that we got to focus on them for 5 books with them alone on a solo journey, which I really liked.

My least favorite is the Toa Mata/Nuva, for not really being that interesting. ]

Edited by fishers64

I think he meant Lewa's Air Katanas, which didn't let him fly so much as they let him glide (I guess that's slightly better than falling with style, but it still isn't flying).

And also, one of them was broken, quite famously, by Reidak back in 2006.

• Upvote 2

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

As a matter of fact, Reidak did break one.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

that is like literally the ONE toa tool that was ever broken. Reidak snapped one of bad luck Miru's katana's in half back in '06. Sorry to jump of this, lol, just kinda found it funny :)

EDIT: saw it was already covered, sorry! :)

Edited by takua123

Tu2d6W7.jpg

that is like literally the ONE toa tool that was ever broken. Reidak snapped one of bad luck Miru's katana's in half back in '06. Sorry to jump of this, lol, just kinda found it funny :)

Velika later offered to try and repair Lewa's broken katana, but Lewa refused. He later swapped his remaining katana for the Air Saber he used in 2008 when Artahka gave the Nuva their new adaptive armor.

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

Well yeahI am aware of that..but have you seen Lewa's Flying swords ever get broken?

Velika later offered to try and repair Lewa's broken katana, but Lewa refused. He later swapped his remaining katana for the Air Saber he used in 2008 when Artahka gave the Nuva their new adaptive armor.
And that's the end of the Air Katana discussion. Please go back to discussing the intended subject of this topic.

That explains the Phantoka look!

mindeth the cobwebs

My favorite team would probably be the Toa Nuva. (The boring answer, no. :P) I enjoyed all of their personalities and they had some great adventures on Mata Nui, Voya Nui, and Karda Nui. And the Toa Nuva Blog was good too.

I really don't have a least favorite team. I've really liked all of the Toa Teams we saw over the years. If I had to pick one, it would probably be the Hagah. Only because they had the least development in the storyline IMO. But I still liked them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The Toa Nuva would be my pick. They are essentially the classic form of most Toa. Tahu's fiery temper is the model personality of a Toa of fire. Kopaka's icy personality likewise shows the general character of Toas of ice. And so on.

I wouldn't say that there is a Toa team that I really dislike, but the Toa Hagah, while having great potential, never really got the development they deserved, as others mentioned.

Though the Toa Metru got kind of annoying at some times. :P

Edited by V-N
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I love them all, but I'd have to say my favorite Toa Team are the Toa Metru. I liked their personalities, the sort of adventures they went on, and the whole self-discovery represented by mask powers thing.

I do wish the Hagah, Mangai, etc. got more attention though! They're sort of like reading about legendary figures. :P

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is hard. Very hard. But if I had to choose a favourite team, it would be the Mahri, mainly because of the quite plainly epic sets, the designs of which were a lot more unique than the Nuva Mistika, and also because of Matoro. For my least, and I'm probably going to get quite a bit of hate for this, but here goes:

The 02 Nuva.

I just really don't like the sets, and especially the masks. I find the masks to embellished, and too much of a far cry from their Mata forms. I loved the Mata sets, even though I only got into BIONICLE in 07. In my opinion, the 08 transformation was a very good one for the Nuva, although I would have preferred the swamp Hau Nuva to have more angled eye holes. Also, whenever the serials mention the Nuva, I ALWAYS see them in their 08 forms. I guess I just can't imagine 02 Onua clinging to the side of a massive chasm. 10 points to whoever guesses which serial that bit's from!

VBWj75sh.png

Well, as far as the sets go, my favorite Toa Team is the Toa Mahri, since they were the first Toa not to be "clone" versions of each other, and the theme was really good as well. Storywise, I would have to say the Toa Inika, mostly because of nostalgia. Although I liked Bionicle back in 2003, I only started getting interested in the storyline and books in 2006.

My least favorite set-wise would have to be Phantoka/Mistika. There were no clever or new body builds, and it felt like they were the Inika with just a lot more silver. Story-wise, my least favorite is the Toa Hordika. Aside from the fact that it was completely out of character for Vakama to turn evil, the whole idea of Toa acting more animalistic (like running on all fours, and howling) just felt.... weird.

• Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

• 5 weeks later...

My favourite Toa Team were the Toa Metru.

I was introduced to Bionicle in 2003, so they were the first Toa team and Toa whose story I was with from start to end.  I found them more interesting than the Inika/Mahri, who to me seem like 'Generic Action Hero Guys'. The Nuva (in both forms 02 and 08) just look weird. Can't comment on the Toa Mata. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

• 1 month later...

While the Mata are probably my favorite team in the traditional sense, I favor the Mangai conceptually. Maybe I'm just being a hipster about it. "The main three teams are too mainstream..." but in actuality, It probably stems from Lhikan being my favorite Toa overall. I just like the idea of a team with many more than six members. I also like how it can be used as an example of "Toa-unity-gone-wrong" in some ways with not one, but two betrayals. Lastly, the image of a TOA ARMY of at one point HUNDREDS, still calling themselves a 'team' is just awesome to think about. They also fought off a dragon; waged war with the Dark Hunters, and that's just cool.

My least favorite would probably be the Metru, actually. I never felt a connection with any of the characters as they were portrayed. I guess the expectation set by the revelation of the Turaga being Toa at one point was a little too high. Ultimately, the most disappointing thing of all was Vakama, for me. Set-wise, they're probably my favorite however, so it all evens out in the end.

My favorite are probably the Inika. They have weird, rubbery masks and they're cloned sets (and yet sort of less clone-y than other Toa sets, or even canister sets for that matter, previously made). But their time that I had with BIONICLE before it was really cancelled (I had a Tarix from 2009, but that was a lot less special), so they're nostalgic, and I really like the story line behind them. I didn't remember which set I had - I was really young, and it could have been a Piraka for all I know - all I remember was the Zamor Sphere launcher and the general dark feel to that year.

My least favorite Toa was the Hordika (and now I seem to be approaching this set-wise and not story-wise). They're the ones that I remember the most due to the movie, but they're asymmetrical and all clones (even down to the masks, which, although not exact copies of each other, are pretty similar.    

Edited by MetaToa

Yay! Fonts!!

My favorite toa team is the toa Mata's because they were the original heroes for me, and they are the prettiest sets, I really loved the original colors of bionicle before they became dark red and navy blue etc. And they wear humble kanohi masks which came in all sorts of colors.

My least favorite would have to be the hordika. I really do not like their building style

Favorite: Inika, these guys were pretty cool. Plus my favorite Bionicle character got turned into a Toa!!!

Least favorite: Hordika. These guys wre awful and just complained about their apperences all the time.

Bionicle for 2015.

The Toa Metru are my favorite, all the way. They had an entire 10 novels dedicated to their long, exhausting, and sometimes very tragic journey. Brilliant characterization for most of them, great character development for people like Vakama and Matau, and overall their quest is just so thrilling and interesting, and some of the best novels BIONICLE and to offer starred them as leads (The Darkness Below, Voyage of Fear, Maze of Shadows, Time Trap). 

Least favorite...don't really have one. I like all the teams and picking the one I like least is rather difficult.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351